Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
What women's slopestyle lacks in spins and flips it makes up for with hugs between contestants :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I've never watched winter O relgiiously are these number of wipeouts typical?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Man the BBC commentary team on the women's slopestyle is so loving :3:

They're all crying right now because their girl won the bronze, Britains first ever medal on snow.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Lol that Shawn white was justified in not running that dangerous rear end course

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Alan Smithee posted:

The commentators on CBC have said the snow is harder than usual and some people are having troubles with that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

wow a/s/l??

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Konjuro posted:

The commentators on CBC have said the snow is harder than usual and some people are having troubles with that.

Must be the migrant workers

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
why do some ppl get medals and others just get flowers idgi

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

A Pale Horse posted:

They're all crying right now because their girl won the bronze, Britains first ever medal on snow.

The commentary team are amazing. They should have their own show instead of that terrible après-ski with Jonathan creek.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

kindermord posted:

why do some ppl get medals and others just get flowers idgi

i read a book about this once, if i remember correctly yoi only get a medal if you do well compared to the others

I-H
Dec 24, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

Just a reminder that this exists

Am I too late with this?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Bbc commentary on everything else is now boring as hell in comparison. Also! Stray dogs spotted near to Olympic flame on bbc broadcast!

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

lenoon posted:

Bbc commentary on everything else is now boring as hell in comparison. Also! Stray dogs spotted near to Olympic flame on bbc broadcast!

Try singing 'wild doges' to the tune of 'wild horses'. It's fun.

e: lyrics even make sense for the olympics

Wild doges couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild doges, couldn't drag me away

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Cross-country skiing is way more palatable. And boring.

Ok, maybe not.

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Feb 9, 2014

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

Why the hell did they let her go down the rest herself

Great recovery.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wouldnt get that close to the snow

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp

Fauxtool posted:

I saw these 5 people collapse after finishing the race last night and really hoped that a still image of it would show up online. Awesome

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fauxtool posted:

Is Olympic snow, Olympic snow national treasure! Taking a nap on treasure - treason. Criminals can enjoy lots of snow in Siberia now, thanks to comrade Putin.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Laff, German TV are now using a stray dog puppet as Olympia mascot

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

VodeAndreas posted:

Any Australians know some good alternate streams other than the Channel Ten ones? They've got 8 different streams!!!

But 5 seem to be offline at the moment and it seemed a similar situation when I tried last night, with one of the live streams showing a looping video and two showing actual events.
Good luck getting a response. At least TenPlay's Catch-Up poo poo seems to be working now so you can watch the past events in full.

A Pale Horse posted:

Wait really? Australia medalled in the Winter games before Britain?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

No, it's our first on a snow event rather than an ice one (I think). We've been getting curling medals for like 80 years

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

^^^^Yeah, exactly, they got some from short track speed skating and skeleton last olympics as well.

Greyhawk posted:

Well done Germany, that is an ace dog puppet.

davestones
May 7, 2009

lenoon posted:

No, it's our first on a snow event rather than an ice one (I think). We've been getting curling medals for like 80 years

Those two from dancing on ice that are having an affair but have alway denied having an affair won some ice dancing medals too.

If only Eddie the Eagle won something instead of being useless then we could have a terrible legacy like the Jamaican bobsled team.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah I was wondering the same when watching the men's slopestyle yesterday. Out of 12 finalists, some who got great scores in the semis, only 2 of them got above somewhat decent scores in the first round of the finals. Was it the nerves, trying to put in a more complex routine, or simply the course falling apart that caused this.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

So does anyone know what specific remix of "not gonna get us" they used for the Russian team during the parade? It was kind of catchy but I don't feel like digging through youtube for it.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

a bi just won speed skating gold

take that putin

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Vernii posted:

So does anyone know what specific remix of "not gonna get us" they used for the Russian team during the parade? It was kind of catchy but I don't feel like digging through youtube for it.

If you mean the Opening Ceremony, all the music was mixed live by DJ Rudenko on site.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vertical Lime posted:

take that putin

at least its not a gay

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!

Vernii posted:

In the spirit of the games you will be able to buy the Official Soundtrack for $1000. On cassette. The cassette has a 50% chance of melting during playing.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

Did you know that Russia has a black athlete in curling?

Curling owns

I believe there's a women's runner from Russia, Ukraine, or another one of the Eastern European countries that's was born from an immigrant family in the country. Her name is eluding me at this point, but I remember coming across her and being startled by it.

Greyhawk posted:

Best unofficial mascot since Fatso. :bravo:

EvilHobo
Dec 28, 2008
German TV also did a spot on gay culture in Sochi so there's that too.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Greyhawk posted:

Unfortunately, that's supposed to be a wolf. Really.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

EvilHobo posted:

German TV also did a spot on gay culture in Sochi so there's that too.

This is correct though, they're doing daily bits on everything not-sports in sochi and they're pretty good

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Katana Gomai posted:

Unfortunately, that's supposed to be a wolf. Really.

Well they can hardly call it "Starvy McHungerton, the stray dog"

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Greyhawk posted:

Well they can hardly call it "Starvy McHungerton, the stray dog"

they're looking for a name for it right now actually, email is wolf@zdf.de, or #wolf on Twitter. Stray dog is "Streuner" in German, make it happen

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Feb 9, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Vertical Lime posted:

take that putin

there's no skating in the biathalon you goober

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

there's no skating in the biathalon you goober

Who made you grand emperor of all things biathlon? If there is a favela portion there can drat well be a skating portion in biathlons! poo poo lets throw in some corrupt judging for points as well.

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

It so happens he has mail-order degrees in biathlonology

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Well I have certs in Olympic sports qualifallowability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Katana Gomai posted:

they're looking for a name for it right now actually, email is wolf@zdf.de, or #wolf on Twitter. Stray dog is "Streuner" in German, make it happen

I sent them an email. My German is really bad, so I hope Namensvorschlag means what I think it does and not "YOUR COUNTRY EARNS GOLDS IN TURD-EATING CONTEST IN SOCHI"

• Locked thread