Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you irl
Jan 22, 2014

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Indian Thriller remastered for widescreen displays

do it, i would watch every minute of those olympics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
All events cancelled because all the athletes have come down with a freakish never before seen case of mass dysentery.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW
Terrorists decide to release a horrible virus into the water supply that causes you to poo poo yourself to death bloodily over a week.

Nobody notices.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Agrajag posted:

Only 26 medals ever won by India lmbo.

No they would probably be worse then Russia's.

The stadium would be made of literal slave castes, with their bones, flesh and living bodies providing support

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey, I was just thinking about the opening ceremonies. A big colorful bollywood scene. The rest would be crap, I'm sure.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Everything I've read or seen about India leads me to believe that big colorful bollywood scenes just happen over there out of the blue like every single day, so they wouldn't need billions of dollars to stage one. Maybe they'd spend the leftover money making themselves more unintelligible on the phone while trying to fix my computer

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
India could make an awesome olympics designed and implemented by like 40 highly educated dudes getting paid US $10/hr.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Everything I've read or seen about India leads me to believe that big colorful bollywood scenes just happen over there out of the blue like every single day, so they wouldn't need billions of dollars to stage one. Maybe they'd spend the leftover money making themselves more unintelligible on the phone while trying to fix my computer

And dogs, millions of Ganges corpse eating dogs.

Face it, you gunna get poo poo chucked by us monkies if you are too corrupt even for the most corrupt world body.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Yeah the Ganges sailing and rowing events would turn bad quick as corpses get stuck on to rudders/oars. I'd like to see bloody Pinsent and Redgrave trying to do some smug attempt at humour about that, though.

Zapper
Mar 14, 2006

Zap!

T.Worth posted:

Terrorists decide to release a horrible virus into the water supply that causes you to poo poo yourself to death bloodily over a week.

Nobody notices.

This is a regular occurrence on cruise ships going to the Caribbean.

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Velvet Sparrow posted:

My kid had asked us what we were laughing at so much while we were reading this thread, so we told her all about the shoddy hotels, the death courses, the dogs. She went off to play with some modeling clay, and a little while later produced this:

Sochi dogs! So cute and friendly!

...until one of the skiers eats it on a jump.

"He's screaming and holding his knee!" She chirps helpfully.

And, apparently, trying to fend off the starving dogs with one of his ski poles. :pwn:

official artist for this shitshow found

I'm assuming it isn't normal for the slopes to look sort of like concrete with a fresh dusting of powder lovingly smoothed on top of it, right? Jesus Christ, that snowboarding fall looks brutal.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Claire Balding:

India is throwing an amazing olympics, possibly the best yet *chokes down vomit from gas wafting up from rotting corpse* and we're thrilled to be here *casually shoots men assembling for 'corrective' rape*

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW
Why the hell are the attendants using fire extinguishers on the start of the luge?

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
Russia is dominating in the rink. Looks like somebody is going to get an extra ration of bread tonight!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

T.Worth posted:

Why the hell are the attendants using fire extinguishers on the start of the luge?

competitors were too fired up

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

competitors were too fired up

Maybe, they just had some random security guy hosing the track down while smoking a ciggie.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Maybe they're using a CO2 extinguisher to cool the blades cause it's too warm or something?

CO2 extinguishers basically throw out cold in gas form.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

FrozenVent posted:

Maybe they're using a CO2 extinguisher to cool the blades cause it's too warm or something?

CO2 extinguishers basically throw out cold in gas form.

They are spraying it on the little strips at the start between competitors. I know CO2 is cold, just seems odd to see officials blasting extinguishers about the place.

Bonus points for the coverage due to it being shown in ultra slo mo.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I'd think that's exactly why they're doing it - the ice under the lights, friction and weight of the starting area is probably melting quickly

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
http://www.fireprotectiononline.co.uk/blog/fire-extinguishers-in-the-olympics/

And I'm sure to ensure a good even surface, which is more important to curling since you gotta sweep like mad to curl and poo poo.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

lenoon posted:

I'd think that's exactly why they're doing it - the ice under the lights, friction and weight of the starting area is probably melting quickly

Yeah, the commentary said it is just over zero and the ice is -4. Might explain the fire extinguishers beyond lol russia.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Paradox Personified posted:

In the usual run of things, you would use one of these little bad boys to put out fires that involve electrical equipment, and can also be used on flammable liquid fires.

You wanna be reaaaaal careful using a CO2 extinguisher on an oil or grease fire, as you can end up blowing a wave of flaming oil away from you and onto... Whatever the gently caress is over there.

That being said CO2 extinguishers are awesome extinguishers.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
:siren: mens deathjump ski-jumping live on nbc sports in 10 min :siren:

the landing zone is strewn with shattered clavicles

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

you irl posted:

:siren: mens deathjump ski-jumping live on nbc sports in 10 min :siren:

the landing zone is strewn with shattered clavicles

is ok, many friendly dog around to lead rescuers to you

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

FrozenVent posted:

You wanna be reaaaaal careful using a CO2 extinguisher on an oil or grease fire, as you can end up blowing a wave of flaming oil away from you and onto... Whatever the gently caress is over there.

That being said CO2 extinguishers are awesome extinguishers.

Not as good as Halon, but well, we can't use that anymore. :(

Purple K, AFFF, etc. would be better for oil or grease fires, but you can put out an oil fire with CO2 if you know what you are doing. Hell, you can do it with water if you have a decent fogger and the fire isn't too large, but it's difficult.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
From a bit ago re: Brazil chat but Predator II looks like it's already kind of a thing there.

Enjoy sports Rio.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Erghh posted:

From a bit ago re: Brazil chat but Predator II looks like it's already kind of a thing there.

Enjoy sports Rio.

Yeah it's pretty crazy watching the police fire indiscriminately into a populated area.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

Yeah it's pretty crazy watching the police fire indiscriminately into a populated area.

Especially when you can see them nearly miss people through the IR camera. A few people definitely almost got taken out there.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
Just watched Semen all over that luge track.

http://www.sochi2014.com/en/athlete-semen-pavlichenko

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hepscat posted:

Just watched Semen all over that luge track.

http://www.sochi2014.com/en/athlete-semen-pavlichenko

maybe thats what the reporters found on their bedsheet the first day

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Well, at least their measuring skills are getting better. We know for a fact that there's one of him. Ask him how he got in Costas' eye.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
also gotta love the level of inequality in brasil

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

What the hell is up with that black pool at the bottom right corner?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Level Slide posted:

They let the poors use it occasionally

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Level Slide posted:

Like fourth above it and third from the top, empty, methinks.

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

midnightclimax posted:

Yeah Max Payne 3 wasn't kidding about the abject poverty in that country. The Houser's could not have picked a better setting for that game.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
It's going to keep Vice et. al. on a lot of front-pages.

Also ski jumping is on. The wipeout from the old Wide World of Sports got me interested in winter stuff to begin with. Every four years we get to remember it exists. :unsmith:

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

Erghh posted:

Enjoy sports Rio.

If our military did that in Afghanistan they would be in deep poo poo.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

midnightclimax posted:

Afriend of mine lived in sao paulo for some time and he once had to duck while playing tennis because there were bullets flying overhead. That pic is not an exaggeration, the favelas and the decent areas are right next to each other. Tge rich are apparently too lazy to move out to the suburbs, they just take the helicopter everywhere (again, not a joke)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

midnightclimax posted:

I like the trio of shiny black cars in the bottom left. Drug deal?

• Locked thread