Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

It's an outrage that Shawn Michaels finished higher than him in the balloting for Best Technical Wrestler.

I'd actually forgotten about this, on the list of dumb bad things about him. his wrestling gear is still very vivid in my mind though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

and the time he had a bad match with Danielson

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
That Steve Austin call in show is hard to listen to. "As a representative of the internet wrestling community" and "The Squared Circle subreddit" had me squirming.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Batista posted:

That Steve Austin call in show is hard to listen to. "As a representative of the internet wrestling community" and "The Squared Circle subreddit" had me squirming.
the squared circle subreddit probably isn't any lamer than the punchsport pagoda, to be honest

granted i dont know why you need to identify yourself by what hole in the internet you crawled out of

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It's fine except that first guy. It's actually truly shocking to hear Austin entertaining all these smark theories and talking about the product with Meltzer. Especially when the WWE plugs his podcast.

Edit: Just remembered Steen subtly kayfabing Austin about what happened to El Generico and Austin not seeming to pick up on it hahah

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 7, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave gets viruses on a weekly basis and Granny doesn't believe in evolution.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 7, 2014

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Batista posted:

Granny doesn't believe in evolution.
She and everyone else in the Triple H thread :rimshot:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Batista posted:

Dave gets viruses on a weekly basis and Granny doesn't believe in evolution.

Well, it's a mystery.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"The Nine Inch Nails."

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
JR's first guest on his new podcast is.....Steve Austin. Shocking.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The Stone Cold call-in show was actually really good except for that first guy. It was hilarious listening to Steve forcing his audience members to cut promos on WWE with awkward results. That first dude was really bad though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Well, it's a mystery.

:iiam:

...Seriously, it was RIGHT there.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I listened to the Todd Martin show this week.

I knew that I wasn't going to enjoy it but I still listened to it anyway.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
After Dark this week had Bryan admitting he had absolutely no idea what his (loving idiot) guest was talking about, as well as the first instance I can remember of him actually making fun of a caller. Someone called in saying that fluoride in the water clogged up people's pineal glands and he just said "well, I've been drinking fluoridated water for over 30 years so that must be why my third eye's never opened. Very few cavities though, I will say that"

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I was wondering if After Dark was worth listening to since I could barely get 2 mins into that interview without cutting it off.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
SNCJ's third anniversary celebration continues.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Jericho's friday podcast with Chavo was really tough to listen to, again. Some pretty emotional stuff about Benoit and what he did... suddenly interrupted by Jericho plugging chocolate-covered berries.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

The Stone Cold call-in show was actually really good except for that first guy. It was hilarious listening to Steve forcing his audience members to cut promos on WWE with awkward results. That first dude was really bad though.

I did like Austin continually saying,"Okay bottom line, you gonna stop watching WWE?" and all of the callers going,"Well.... no...."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

After Dark this week had Bryan admitting he had absolutely no idea what his (loving idiot) guest was talking about, as well as the first instance I can remember of him actually making fun of a caller. Someone called in saying that fluoride in the water clogged up people's pineal glands and he just said "well, I've been drinking fluoridated water for over 30 years so that must be why my third eye's never opened. Very few cavities though, I will say that"

Haven't listened yet but someone on the Observer board asked:

quote:

Dunno why this interested me so much, but around 45 minutes someone calls in then it cuts to Bryan saying 'YEAH YEAH YEAH' and cutting off the phones, what did the guy say? Must of been bad if Bryan cut it out after the show was done.

Anyway, great show, like the format of random stuff in the first hour and an interview in the second.

Same person? Did you listen live, TomWaitsForNoMan?

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I didn't listen live and no, that wasn't the same person. I'm pretty sure the caller who got cut off was before the interview and the fluoride guy was after

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I didn't listen live and no, that wasn't the same person. I'm pretty sure the caller who got cut off was before the interview and the fluoride guy was after

I'm betting it was that same person who calls in as "The Rock's Mom" since that guy seems to have made a habit of it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

A match where the fans come not to see the triumphant finish, but to see the obese man survive to a 60 minute draw.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You can do an online survey about your f4w experience. One of the questions was

"How happy were you with the price?"

And then

"What would we have to do for you to pay more?"

to which my answer was: "Have two Daves :smug:"

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

LordPants posted:

And then

I put "Have Dave use Skype"

So if that happens blame me I guess.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Mike Sempervive seems to be very good at asking questions and getting good info out of Dave. His actual opinions on wrestling and MMA, however, are really stupid and he should just shut up and feed the questions to Dave/Bryan.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

LordPants posted:

And then

I said "no more Joe Babinsack"

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Fire all guest columnists and Todd Martin out of a cannon, into the sun.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
This month's Sin Limite was a bit disappointing. Dave went way too long talking about TNA's business, and it felt like he only answered a few questions.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Batista posted:

This month's Sin Limite was a bit disappointing. Dave went way too long talking about TNA's business, and it felt like he only answered a few questions.

I've only listened to Part One so far, but I would've rather they done it following the second show because I think the NJPW talk stretched far longer than the show warranted tbh.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

sportsgenius86 posted:

I've only listened to Part One so far, but I would've rather they done it following the second show because I think the NJPW talk stretched far longer than the show warranted tbh.

Yeah, and I always skip the NJPW talk because I only listen to reviews of shows I've seen, and there just wasn't enough question time because Dave had other stuff to do, and spent like 30 minutes discussing the state of wrestling in 2014 and how it's different from 15 years ago.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The next guest on the Steve Austin podcast is...

Zeb Colter

:supaburn:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

VogeGandire posted:

Zeb Colter

I hope he maintains kayfabe :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

VogeGandire posted:

Zeb Colter

Oh my God, I hope they make it a 2 parter at least, there is so much ground they could cover :allears:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

Zeb Colter

If it's Zeb keeping up kayfabe then it will be glourious :allears:

Although if it's Dutch talking about his previous time as a wrestler that's pretty cool as well, I recommend the AoW podcast with Dutch it was an interesting listen.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TLM posted:

I put "Have Dave use Skype"

So if that happens blame me I guess.

I doubt we're going to see it if it hasn't happened yet, but I said that I'd like to see a virtual HoF with Dave's bios for each inductee.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Rey is going to re-sign with WWE and let Dave keep slacking off on his HOF bio. :argh:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Dave talking about "oriental" people made me laugh

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I wonder how many surveys are going to have exactly what I put: Todd sucks, his opinions are terrible and he adds nothing to the site.

poo poo, I just realized that I should have put 'Stop using Todd Martin' under the 'What would make you pay more money for a subscription' section.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Cactus Jack posted:

I wonder how many surveys are going to have exactly what I put: Todd sucks, his opinions are terrible and he adds nothing to the site.

poo poo, I just realized that I should have put 'Stop using Todd Martin' under the 'What would make you pay more money for a subscription' section.

I put "better guests than Todd Martin" since it seemed more constructive than "Todd Martin is the worst part of this site, at least I can laugh at Joe Babinsack."

• Locked thread