Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

limited posted:

Make sure to beg / borrow / steal / offer deviant sexual favors for a Serration mod ASAP. It's a flat boost to any rifle's damage, and you'll be using rifles a lot. Also don't forget to add those shield / vitality mods into your warframe too. They tend to be the first thing you'll pick up.

What you need first are Serration, Redirection and any Aura.

In PC-land at least you just need to join the clan and ask, but you need to be Mastery Rank 2 before you can trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Can someone authorize the zephyr part blueprints to start? They are ready but someone with ~*~permissions~*~ has to be the one to start it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I'll do it in half an hour or so once I get home if nobody else with access is on before that.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Sins Of Our Talent posted:

The starter pistol got nerfed to be worse than the rifle, so you'll want to replace both weapons ASAP. Rifle replacements are more accessible, so look for that first.

Aklato is a straight upgrade and only costs credits, but still get Braton first because Serration should be easier to find than Hornet Strike.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dez Orwell posted:

Can someone authorize the zephyr part blueprints to start? They are ready but someone with ~*~permissions~*~ has to be the one to start it.
Just to update, we can't start the research on the parts until the main blueprint is done researching in 2 days.

Yeah, it's dumb.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
The funny thing is I can't even figure out if you can accelerate the research with plat when everything else has plat sinks available. I'm not about to dump plat to get everyone a warbird a couple days faster, but if you're impatient and want everything fast and now even if you spend hundreds on plat, you probably won't last very long anyway.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
'Sup goons? Coming back to this after a long absence. I went through the clan submission thingy yesterday and still don't have an invite. Anyone know what's up? In-game name is Asartu.

Also I'm badly in need of more warframe/weapon slots and potatoes.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Query : Is Detron still obtainable? From reading the wiki it looks like it is possible to do invasion missions, side against the Corpus and piss them off enough to get the Harvester to come after you, which drops BPs for it, but I'm wary of the wiki being out of date. Is this accurate?

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
Detron is still obtainable. And that's exactly how you get it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

necrobobsledder posted:

The funny thing is I can't even figure out if you can accelerate the research with plat when everything else has plat sinks available.
You can't.

I get the feeling that they might change the research times on frames in the future, though, as 10 days minimum from starting the research to having a completed frame (assuming you have all the relevant materials ready to go and perfect timing on starting new research/pulling poo poo out of the foundry) is kinda bullshit.

In the long run it's really not that big a deal since it only needs to be done once, but gently caress if it's not tweaking the slightly OCD "must have all the things" corner of my brain.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I've seen a lot of people running around with the bird, so I guess they're making decent money on it. But then again the type of people who want it RIGHT NOW are probably the type that wouldn't have a fully stocked clan anyways.

Also that tornado ult blows. Literally blows mods all over the place into pits and inside ceiling pipes, so I would probably never even use it unless it was in a completely smooth and enclosed area. Looking directly at one also quarters FPS so way to go DE?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Helter Skelter posted:

You can't.

I get the feeling that they might change the research times on frames in the future, though, as 10 days minimum from starting the research to having a completed frame (assuming you have all the relevant materials ready to go and perfect timing on starting new research/pulling poo poo out of the foundry) is kinda bullshit.

In the long run it's really not that big a deal since it only needs to be done once, but gently caress if it's not tweaking the slightly OCD "must have all the things" corner of my brain.

Well that's the idea and also why you can't accelerate it with plat. Everyone they can tempt into paying is a lot of money and they make more from the individual sales than a clans plat investment for an faster unlock.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I only just today got around to playing for the first time since the UI update and holy mother of god they have made the worst UI I've ever seen. The crosshair somehow has become incredibly busy while conveying almost nothing useful. The dots under it tell you what power you have selected when there is nobody who scrolls through them instead of pushing their respective buttons. Power energy is squirreled away in the opposite corner from health and shields, with ammo right above it where you have to readjust to read it, and rather than using symbols or things like a picture of the gun you just have a big mess of numbers and useless bars. Bumping it up to maximum size doesn't help with conveying information at all and just makes it more obtrusive. Who thought this thing was good? Does the universe just work differently in Canada? I want the old UI back.

Also the hyenas in Darvo's mission are pretty hard when you have about a half second of lag, it turns out.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 9, 2014

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

chumbler posted:

I only just today got around to playing for the first time since the UI update and holy mother of god they have made the worst UI I've ever seen. The crosshair somehow has become incredibly busy while conveying almost nothing useful. The dots under it tell you what power you have selected when there is nobody who scrolls through them instead of pushing their respective buttons. Power energy is squirreled away in the opposite corner from health and shields, with ammo right above it where you have to readjust to read it, and rather than using symbols or things like a picture of the gun you just have a big mess of numbers and useless bars. Bumping it up to maximum size doesn't help with conveying information at all and just makes it more obtrusive. Who thought this thing was good? Does the universe just work differently in Canada? I want the old UI back.

Also the hyenas in Darvo's mission are pretty hard when you have about a half second of lag, it turns out.

The UI is ok. It feels like they let the designers loose without the usability testing guys checking it.

I actually quite like the power pips, though. I often use a controller (well, did, before they made sliding a pain in the rear end on controller), and the only way to navigate powers on the controller is through scrolling.

I feel like they could easily include a shields/heath and ammo counter in a more central and easier to read location, though.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Energy Syphon alert is on NOW on PC

We have goons standing by to take new players to the alert, join quickly

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm still not a fan of the new interface. It's growing on me (or I'm just adjusting to looking at new things) but jesus christ do they need to change the item level up notification. I love that it's visible and everything but does it have to be basically the same as the mission complete/mission failed notification? Freaks me out every time.

Also I swear I get an additional 10-15 fps constantly since update 12 which is definitely nice.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nitrox posted:

Energy Syphon alert is on NOW on PC

We have goons standing by to take new players to the alert, join quickly

40 minutes left, get it while it's hot

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

chumbler posted:

Yeah I don't really like it either
I mean it looks nice but it's all over the place. In the old UI I had to look into the right upper corner to see all the info I needed regarding my warframe, and now I just have to move my eyes all over the place. The power dot indicators under the crosshair are stupid too, I use the number keys not the mouse and it just looks weird

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
What's the next logical primary weapon upgrade from the Braton? I'm getting to where it's not packing enough punch anymore.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Synastren posted:

The UI is ok. It feels like they let the designers loose without the usability testing guys checking it.

I actually quite like the power pips, though. I often use a controller (well, did, before they made sliding a pain in the rear end on controller), and the only way to navigate powers on the controller is through scrolling.

I feel like they could easily include a shields/heath and ammo counter in a more central and easier to read location, though.

We're the usability testing guys, I think.

Also, as a controller player, you ought to remap your controls. Each power on a d-pad direction, sprint and crouch on the bumpers, melee attack and use on X and right stick press, are my personal recommendations, and how I play.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

Farking Bastage posted:

What's the next logical primary weapon upgrade from the Braton? I'm getting to where it's not packing enough punch anymore.

Karak is very solid and will take you far. If you like shotguns, the Drakgoon is all kinds of fun.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!

Shugojin posted:

I'm still not a fan of the new interface. It's growing on me (or I'm just adjusting to looking at new things) but jesus christ do they need to change the item level up notification. I love that it's visible and everything but does it have to be basically the same as the mission complete/mission failed notification? Freaks me out every time.

Also I swear I get an additional 10-15 fps constantly since update 12 which is definitely nice.

I'm not sure on how I feel about the UI, I like it more than the old one that's for sure, but the placement of things like the energy bar and the dots under the cross hair annoy me.

I also noticed an increase in framerate after U12 was released. So thanks DE, for that at least.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Farking Bastage posted:

After ditching the initial MK-1 Braton your overall power is tied to your mods and their level, and not weapon you're using. Still, if you want an assault rifle that packs a bigger punch in exchange for less crit% and a smaller clip you could build the Karak. The Grakata is more of an SMG, less damage per bullet but very good crit and status ratings and a bigger clip, it's basically the new player version of the amazing Soma MG that you get at Mastery 6.

The Latron, Paris and Burston are also nice primaries without any mastery requirements if you want to try something different to the good old automatic rifle.

All of these weapons are accessible from the market and can be built with relatively common materials (at most you'll need 2 Neurodes for the Karak/Grakata).

E: I forgot about shotguns, the Strun is the only real choice at a starter level and it only costs 25k credits after update 12. The Sobek is amazing but you'll need 5 neurodes along with other materials.

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 9, 2014

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

chumbler posted:

Power energy is squirreled away in the opposite corner from health and shields, with ammo right above it where you have to readjust to read it, and rather than using symbols or things like a picture of the gun you just have a big mess of numbers and useless bars. Bumping it up to maximum size doesn't help with conveying information at all and just makes it more obtrusive. Who thought this thing was good? Does the universe just work differently in Canada? I want the old UI back.

It's honestly not bad. They've kind of separated it into "this is stuff I need to survive" and "this is stuff I use to kill the enemies," roughly. Energy is somewhat like ammo more than it is health/shields, and the only reason it's a problem is because we're used to looking at it together with the frame info. New people won't really have a problem with it, I'd guess, and we'll all get used to it. The one legitimate complaint I've seen (after they've re-done all the icons for the map) is that the stamina bar is not very visible at all, though. Eventually, I hope we can have more control over the interface so this kind of thing isn't an issue.

One thing that these patches really drive home, though, is that these things are far from the finished state when they get put into the PC game. That's going to make getting the PS4 completely synced for any period of time difficult, since patches have to get authorized by Sony.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Thanks guys!

Ever since I built a seer, I like a slower rate of fire since I tend to hang back in groups and pop headshots from afar while nuking poo poo with Volt abilities. Got a Burston in the cooker now.

As someone who was at mastery rank 1 when the new UI came out, I LOVE it.

Farking Bastage fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 9, 2014

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Rivensteel posted:

Karak is very solid and will take you far. If you like shotguns, the Drakgoon is all kinds of fun.

Seconding Karak.

Great gun, the mag capacity is something to be desired, but that aside, drat solid.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Distributing the UI around like this always feels weird to me. I can understand having the minimap on its own because you don't want to clutter that up at all. At least the HUD margins and UI scaling makes it less annoying now. Kind of wish it had WoW or FF14 levels of UI customization (At least for moving poo poo around, maybe skins too) but MMOs push player options in ways other games are too scared to do.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Mercury_Storm posted:

I've seen a lot of people running around with the bird, so I guess they're making decent money on it. But then again the type of people who want it RIGHT NOW are probably the type that wouldn't have a fully stocked clan anyways.

Also that tornado ult blows. Literally blows mods all over the place into pits and inside ceiling pipes, so I would probably never even use it unless it was in a completely smooth and enclosed area. Looking directly at one also quarters FPS so way to go DE?

As one of those people let me say you should be glad there is a delay on build time. Almost all of the birds powers are broken and hopefully there will be a fix soon. The shield doesn't work in any capacity. The dive bomb works one time then stops dealing damage or knocking anything around. The tornado is cool but doesn't do enough damage and just ends up hiding bad guys.

At least flying around is sweet and you have an awesome low gravity effect on all your jumps.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Killsion posted:

Seconding Karak.

Great gun, the mag capacity is something to be desired, but that aside, drat solid.

If you're a FPS player, the Karak is pretty familiar to play with. Sure you can just spray and pray with it, but it's most lethal when you're popping off quick bursts of headshots. :black101:

VVVV I'm sorry, this is wrong. RS is reserved for blocking so you can look cool parrying bullets as you run at dudes. :colbert:

limited fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 9, 2014

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

sleeptalker posted:

We're the usability testing guys, I think.

Also, as a controller player, you ought to remap your controls. Each power on a d-pad direction, sprint and crouch on the bumpers, melee attack and use on X and right stick press, are my personal recommendations, and how I play.

At first I read your post to say "I work for DE as a usability testing guy."

Then it dawned on me that you're saying that the players are the usability testing guys. :v:

That's a really good suggestion for the controller rebindings, and sounds better in general than what the defaults are. Since I started using bows, though, I don't feel like I can get the necessary precision on the pad that I can get with mkb. :smith:

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

randombattle posted:

As one of those people let me say you should be glad there is a delay on build time. Almost all of the birds powers are broken and hopefully there will be a fix soon. The shield doesn't work in any capacity. The dive bomb works one time then stops dealing damage or knocking anything around. The tornado is cool but doesn't do enough damage and just ends up hiding bad guys.

At least flying around is sweet and you have an awesome low gravity effect on all your jumps.

Flying around is the best, you'll never have to parkour or go around huge gaps ever again.

I think Tornado is going to be pretty great, it's basically Vortex on steroids with even more hilarious physics. It's not a room clearer like M. Prime but it provides good area crowd control and damage. Two things should be fixed though: 1. You can only change the element of the tornadoes if you're the host. 2. It knocks item drops around so they sometimes get stuck in the ceiling. I think Vortex used to do this as well but they fixed it eventually.

Divebomb does suck right now so it's mostly useful for trajectory control.

To be honest I didn't even bother with Turbulence for more than 10 seconds so I didn't know it was busted, I'm too busy flying around at Mach 3 to get hit by stuff :black101:

All in all broken Birdgirl is the most fun I've had with a frame (and I've tried them all except Nekros). By the time the clan research is done hopefully a few hotfixes will be out and she will be a total blast to play.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I'm really hoping the "generic abilities" will revitalize some of the less powerful/interesting frames when they are added. I do kind of understand why DE is seemingly so against completely overhauling frames' abilities, different people have different ideas of what abilities are good. If they listened completely to people who call frames like Loki, or Nekros "worthless" I would be a very unhappy camper. Though what it could allow is for some of the somewhat lesser abilities that only the elite few seem to enjoy to be turned into general use abilities, while the frames they came from could get new unique abilities, while still having the option to slot things like, for instance, super jump. And frankly as it stands, most frames have at least one ability that the majority of players consider not worth slotting, whether or not it truly is a worthless skill (like terrify or silence) is up for debate on most of them.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Washin Tong posted:

Flying around is the best, you'll never have to parkour or go around huge gaps ever again.

I think Tornado is going to be pretty great, it's basically Vortex on steroids with even more hilarious physics. It's not a room clearer like M. Prime but it provides good area crowd control and damage. Two things should be fixed though: 1. You can only change the element of the tornadoes if you're the host. 2. It knocks item drops around so they sometimes get stuck in the ceiling. I think Vortex used to do this as well but they fixed it eventually.

Divebomb does suck right now so it's mostly useful for trajectory control.

To be honest I didn't even bother with Turbulence for more than 10 seconds so I didn't know it was busted, I'm too busy flying around at Mach 3 to get hit by stuff :black101:

All in all broken Birdgirl is the most fun I've had with a frame (and I've tried them all except Nekros). By the time the clan research is done hopefully a few hotfixes will be out and she will be a total blast to play.

Oh don't get me wrong the abilities might be broken or not good but god drat flying around is so much fun and low gravity just feels like a cheat code.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So I have a tower II exterminate and survival and a tower III exterminate key.

I can't survive any of these but I need a forma for my mag, would anyone be willing to drag my corpse along one of these?

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
I haven't played this seriously since last march, more or less. What's the current hot poo poo in weapons and what have they done to my poor Paris and boltor since then? Have they released an upgrade to the lex beyond two lexes?

hug your babies
Aug 25, 2004
hug your babies

chumbler posted:

The dots under it tell you what power you have selected when there is nobody who scrolls through them instead of pushing their respective buttons.

I just started today and had no idea what those dots were. Scrolling through powers is dumb. Is there any way to get my energy bar there instead?

When I roll. Am I invulnerable?

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

hug your babies posted:

I just started today and had no idea what those dots were. Scrolling through powers is dumb. Is there any way to get my energy bar there instead?

Rolling allows you to receive less damage. I hope they put some i-frames in it come Melee 2.0. Also, the UI is barely customizable, so no you can't do that.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

hug your babies posted:

Nope, but it'll still save your rear end from Eviscerator sawblades and other slow projectiles.

Alteisen posted:

So I have a tower II exterminate and survival and a tower III exterminate key.

I can't survive any of these but I need a forma for my mag, would anyone be willing to drag my corpse along one of these?

Sure, I'll help assuming you're on PC. I'm WashinTong in game. Same on Steam because ingame chat sort of sucks.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

AndroidHub posted:

I'm really hoping the "generic abilities" will revitalize some of the less powerful/interesting frames when they are added. I do kind of understand why DE is seemingly so against completely overhauling frames' abilities, different people have different ideas of what abilities are good. If they listened completely to people who call frames like Loki, or Nekros "worthless" I would be a very unhappy camper. Though what it could allow is for some of the somewhat lesser abilities that only the elite few seem to enjoy to be turned into general use abilities, while the frames they came from could get new unique abilities, while still having the option to slot things like, for instance, super jump. And frankly as it stands, most frames have at least one ability that the majority of players consider not worth slotting, whether or not it truly is a worthless skill (like terrify or silence) is up for debate on most of them.

A lot of people call frames worthless because they don't have "screen-wide kill everything" abilities. These people are morons.

I have played this game for a hundred odd hours since update 11 and from what I can tell there is not a single actually worthless frame, they are all good and you can in fact use whatever frame you feel like and have fun with it.

I mean Nekros is pretty underwhelming and his 4 gives a lot of dudes with bad pathing at the expense of quite possibly dying because casting it takes forever. Then again he is also the cheat codes for Survival missions sooooo :v:

e: My problems with his 4 basically just require some tweaks though so there's that.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Shugojin posted:

A lot of people call frames worthless because they don't have "screen-wide kill everything" abilities. These people are morons.

I have played this game for a hundred odd hours since update 11 and from what I can tell there is not a single actually worthless frame, they are all good and you can in fact use whatever frame you feel like and have fun with it.

I mean Nekros is pretty underwhelming and his 4 gives a lot of dudes with bad pathing at the expense of quite possibly dying because casting it takes forever. Then again he is also the cheat codes for Survival missions sooooo :v:

e: My problems with his 4 basically just require some tweaks though so there's that.

His 4 summons should melee only and explode when killed. Also his loot skill should be corpse explosion.

That is my dream for Nekros.