Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeņorMisterioso
Nov 4, 2003
El muy misterioso
Does ATT have anything better for an international data roaming plan than the basic $30/120MB? I spend a good deal of time in Mexico, I don't use all that much data but need it for iMessage/Maps in a pinch/light checking web sites. Most places down here have free Wifi for people to use, but its still nice to have data especially if I lost my phone or something and needed to remotely lock it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.
Help me out with a policy question. When we switched to AT&T we put seven smartphones on my account. We then added an 8th line a little later and AT&T had me put down a refundable deposit of $150 because apparently the jump from seven to eight is some massive risk or something whatever. No late payments, account in good standing, just that's the policy per the store person. Okay so I did it and fast forward a year (I believe) we get a surprise check from AT&T in the mail which is the refunded deposit. Because I assume AT&T gets that we are safe now. We did also have one of the lines switch away from AT&T to Verizon, and I don't honestly recall if this was around the time they refunded the deposit or if that was related or it was just one year later already. Anyway, regardless, I now want to add an 8th line back on (my son) to the account, and they want a deposit again. Is the policy seriously that they need a deposit for the 8th line, even though we've literally already done this previously and we were obviously a "safe bet"? Despite always paying on time (except maybe once, the next day). I mean seven is fine but eight whoa there soldier! I'd think they'd want a deposit closer to going higher than four or something. Is this absolutely mandatory?

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

OldPueblo posted:

Help me out with a policy question. When we switched to AT&T we put seven smartphones on my account. We then added an 8th line a little later and AT&T had me put down a refundable deposit of $150 because apparently the jump from seven to eight is some massive risk or something whatever. No late payments, account in good standing, just that's the policy per the store person. Okay so I did it and fast forward a year (I believe) we get a surprise check from AT&T in the mail which is the refunded deposit. Because I assume AT&T gets that we are safe now. We did also have one of the lines switch away from AT&T to Verizon, and I don't honestly recall if this was around the time they refunded the deposit or if that was related or it was just one year later already. Anyway, regardless, I now want to add an 8th line back on (my son) to the account, and they want a deposit again. Is the policy seriously that they need a deposit for the 8th line, even though we've literally already done this previously and we were obviously a "safe bet"? Despite always paying on time (except maybe once, the next day). I mean seven is fine but eight whoa there soldier! I'd think they'd want a deposit closer to going higher than four or something. Is this absolutely mandatory?

Goto a CORP store. Have them call credit. 150$ Deposits are pretty easy to get around.

Unless this has changed anyways.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

"It's not the size of the tower. It's the motion of the airwaves."
Lipstick Apathy

OldPueblo posted:

Deposits are based on credit. Consumer deposits are nearly impossible to get around. Even if you have good credit, you will probably run into that.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

OldPueblo posted:

It's mostly just a matter of drawing a like to ensure people don't go crazy and then run up a massive bill, because I would tell you that can happen. I would highly recommend going to a corp store, sometimes we can get the fee waived, but you def have to ask and it isn't a guarantee. This is a good month to ask though, there is a big push for new customers.

Either way, you will get a $100 credit in 3 bill cycles adding on a new line.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Duckman2008 posted:

It's mostly just a matter of drawing a like to ensure people don't go crazy and then run up a massive bill, because I would tell you that can happen. I would highly recommend going to a corp store, sometimes we can get the fee waived, but you def have to ask and it isn't a guarantee. This is a good month to ask though, there is a big push for new customers.

Either way, you will get a $100 credit in 3 bill cycles adding on a new line.

That being said, every consumer one I have submitted, other than a $445, has been denied the past month. Even digital life. That one hurt me.

It all depends on what market you are in and how the person clicking the approve button is feeling that day.

Beefstorm fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 7, 2014

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.
Now see that's just ridiculous. My credit's not bad, but it is lower than usual because I have a high credit utilization ratio (till tax refund hits and it gets paid down). If they still take that over the last couple years of seven lines in good standing and an already refunded deposit then that poo poo is dumb. :saddowns: Thanks guys, I now have to decide if my terrible son is worth it.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

I posted in the jailbreak thread but maybe it's better here:

My wife bought an iPhone 5c online, which is locked to AT&T. We mistakenly believed that we could get a friend with AT&T service to request an unlock, since that's what we did with her last iPhone, but AT&T did their whole crackdown and won't do it unless it's been on an active AT&T service for a while, it seems.

Is there anything else we can do to unlock it to other carriers? I saw mentions of unlock codes or adding it to a friend's account temporarily, how do those work?

Thanks!!

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

So how do the FANs work with the new mobile family share? Don't know if you got that pm i responded to Beef, but im really curious to find out if its worth switching over. Ive got 3 family members on cricket with basic(feature? definitely not smartphones.) phones and i know i can probably get 2 of them to switch over if i put them on the family plan. Im looking at this mostly from the data perspective since 10 gigs would mean id really never have to worry about going over.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Reo posted:

I posted in the jailbreak thread but maybe it's better here:

My wife bought an iPhone 5c online, which is locked to AT&T. We mistakenly believed that we could get a friend with AT&T service to request an unlock, since that's what we did with her last iPhone, but AT&T did their whole crackdown and won't do it unless it's been on an active AT&T service for a while, it seems.

Is there anything else we can do to unlock it to other carriers? I saw mentions of unlock codes or adding it to a friend's account temporarily, how do those work?

Thanks!!

If your wife bought it outright from a legitimate retailer ATT cant deny you an unlock code because you own the device.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

grimcreaper posted:

If your wife bought it outright from a legitimate retailer ATT cant deny you an unlock code because you own the device.
Well, they beg to differ via their customer service lines, not really sure how I can argue that. They say they will not unlock it if it has never been active on AT&T under the account of the person requesting the unlock (and probably some length of service stipulations after that).

See: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Edit: For more info, The AT&T rep told me that it "has been active" twice on AT&T previously, and that it is listed as a refurbished device. Neither of which should have any affect on unlockability.

Reo fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 7, 2014

Wtgamerz
Jan 5, 2005

I tolerate this century
My wife and I are on the Family 550 plan, and we are each still paying for the grandfathered unlimited data plan ($30 x 2, plus $30 for unlimited texting.

The mobile share plans would take our bill from 140.99 minus tax each month to 115.00 minus tax (and my educator discount), for 10gb of data.

My wife has been out of contract since October and I renewed last May, so technically we would both be "out of contract" if we switched over.

My question is, would it be cheaper/make the most sense to continue to be on the plan we are on now, vs switching to the mobile share plan? I know if we went with the MS plan, when my wife upgrades, itll jump the cost from $15 to $40, and we'll already be nearly back where we started.

Also, if we stayed with our current plan, can she still get a new phone with a reduced rate on a new two year agreement, or will they make us transition to the mobile share plan when she upgrades?

Just trying to find the option that makes the most sense, and cost effective.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Reo posted:

Well, they beg to differ via their customer service lines, not really sure how I can argue that. They say they will not unlock it if it has never been active on AT&T under the account of the person requesting the unlock (and probably some length of service stipulations after that).

See: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Edit: For more info, The AT&T rep told me that it "has been active" twice on AT&T previously, and that it is listed as a refurbished device. Neither of which should have any affect on unlockability.

They'll give you the run around claiming that you have to fill out the form online, which requires having had an AT&T account at some point. Custom service is pretty useless, and they'll do everything in your power to not unlock the phone if the slightest thing entered on that form is incorrect. It also takes 5 business days to find out if what you entered was correct or not.

You might have some luck responding to their twitter account, because people actually read and respond to their tweets and facebook page. They tend to be less dickish when you are complaining publicly.

https://twitter.com/attcustomercare
https://www.facebook.com/ATT

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
So after playing the prepaid hop game for a while, I think the 10gig plan looks too good to pass up. I canceled my ATT line in Oct 2013 and canceled my wife's in Jan 2014.

If we go into ATT and re-sign up with two lines on the 10gig share plan, will they give us the $100/ line promo? As in are we eligible?

If not, will they at least waive the activation fees?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

hotsauce posted:

So after playing the prepaid hop game for a while, I think the 10gig plan looks too good to pass up. I canceled my ATT line in Oct 2013 and canceled my wife's in Jan 2014.

If we go into ATT and re-sign up with two lines on the 10gig share plan, will they give us the $100/ line promo? As in are we eligible?

If not, will they at least waive the activation fees?

What carrier are you coming from?

And of you are setting up a new account you should get two $100 credits. Certainly for your line. They probably won't waive the activation fees, but you can always ask.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

What carrier are you coming from?

And of you are setting up a new account you should get two $100 credits. Certainly for your line. They probably won't waive the activation fees, but you can always ask.

Well, after a long, torrid (and sometimes janky) affair with prepaid, here's the deal.

My line is a GV number, so I re-signed up with AT&T in July 2013. Canceled line in Oct 2013 and re-upped my $30 T-Mo plan.
Wife's line was AT&T for ~10 yrs. Ported it away to ST on Dec 2013.

Canceling my wife's line resulted in us officially becoming non-AT&T customers for the first time since the Cingular days.

So basically when I go to port my wife's number back to AT&T, I believe it will be in the system as a prior customer. Mine will be some new number they will assign since I use GV, so that should be good.

I'm not trying to eek out $200, but if they give it to us, they hey, great! After activation fees, it will still net out to a free month of service or so.

After all the number crunching, ST/AIO/etc all net out to around $80-$90/month for two lines. If I kept my $30 T-Mo plan and have her on ST/AIO, it would still be $75 or so. I have a 23% FAN so the net cost pre-tax is:

$100 * .23 - $77
$77 + 30 = 107
$107 * ~15% tax = $123, a premium of $33-$48 over prepaid. Having 10 full tetherable gigs and AT&T postpaid coverage is worth it in the end.

T-Mobile unlimited + 2nd 500mb line would be $100. I have a 10% discount on T-Mo, bringing it down to $90, then after tax it's $103. Sure that's $20 less per month, but T-Mobile just doesn't offer rural Western US coverage (i.e. 50mb of roaming in Montana only) so that's out. That and EDGE most of the time outside of a large city and literally zero signal in large structures. Not willing to deal with that for unlimited as I've never used more than 7 gigs per month even after purposely trying.

hotsauce fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Feb 8, 2014

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I dont think your 23% discount works on the $100 data part, only on the talk/text(The $15 part for bringing your own phone or next) plans. This is exactly what im trying to find out myself though. if the discount works on everything, i would gladly switch over to the mobile family share plan and bring 2 or 3 more family members over to ATT.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

grimcreaper posted:

I dont think your 23% discount works on the $100 data part, only on the talk/text(The $15 part for bringing your own phone or next) plans. This is exactly what im trying to find out myself though. if the discount works on everything, i would gladly switch over to the mobile family share plan and bring 2 or 3 more family members over to ATT.

Discount comes off the base part. So it comes off the $100.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Congrats AT&T, between mobile share value plan and the free Next upgrade eligibility I finally got off my unlimited plans (although didn't ever use more than 3-5 gigs a month between the wife and I).

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007
Well, ported back in my wife's line and a new line for me today. 2 total.

It was a hellish, 1.5 hr process. My wife's line was ported out of AT&T and to Straight Talk on Jan 20. We realized our mistake and went in to port back today. That's when the issues started.

First, the over exuberant sales guy said he needed to run a credit check (ok?...had an account for 10 yrs up until 2 weeks ago, but sure). Gave SS# and he started the check process.

Then, when we tried to port from ST, it was a major hassle. Kept throwing up errors and would not port. He called his support, got the store manager on the horn, etc, etc.

45 minutes later, he comes back and says "all I needed to do was re-activate your canceled account - sorry about that."

So I asked why he ran my credit unnecessarily. That's when it got weird. He was sheepish and said "really sorry." Pretty pissed, I asked for the manager, as this seemed like a basic training issue.

Cut to the chase, he said the credit check was canceled and there wouldn't be an inquiry. He also told me to wait until day 46 to discover if a) I was charged activation fees for both lines and b) which line(s) would receive the $100 credit.

What a mess. I'm done jockeying around with carriers and glad to be back with great service and a poo poo ton of tether capable data that I will never use all of. Maybe my local COR store needs more training?

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

hotsauce posted:

Well, ported back in my wife's line and a new line for me today. 2 total.

It was a hellish, 1.5 hr process. My wife's line was ported out of AT&T and to Straight Talk on Jan 20. We realized our mistake and went in to port back today. That's when the issues started.

First, the over exuberant sales guy said he needed to run a credit check (ok?...had an account for 10 yrs up until 2 weeks ago, but sure). Gave SS# and he started the check process.

Then, when we tried to port from ST, it was a major hassle. Kept throwing up errors and would not port. He called his support, got the store manager on the horn, etc, etc.

45 minutes later, he comes back and says "all I needed to do was re-activate your canceled account - sorry about that."

So I asked why he ran my credit unnecessarily. That's when it got weird. He was sheepish and said "really sorry." Pretty pissed, I asked for the manager, as this seemed like a basic training issue.

Cut to the chase, he said the credit check was canceled and there wouldn't be an inquiry. He also told me to wait until day 46 to discover if a) I was charged activation fees for both lines and b) which line(s) would receive the $100 credit.

What a mess. I'm done jockeying around with carriers and glad to be back with great service and a poo poo ton of tether capable data that I will never use all of. Maybe my local COR store needs more training?

I'm going to try and make this sound the least amount, for lack of a better word, rear end in a top hat-ish. Just because it seems like you ran into a lot of issues reps run into daily, and I'm coming from the position of the rep here from experience.

If you cancel an account, and reactivate, we run a credit check. Even though the rep thinks he can cancel the check after reactivating your old account, he can't. You technically activated, whether its a reactivation or not, 2 new lines of service. That means we have to run credit for two new lines. But don't fret! If you had old service with us, only one of two things happened. Either we ran an internal credit check, just to see if you paid your bills with us, or we did a soft inquiry. Only if your credit is lovely do we do a hard pull.

Sounds like it was a lovely experience. However, porting from straight talk is just as hellish for us. We usually have to talk to the worlds thickest indian accent (no offense to any indians) to call straight talk. And usually they give us very wrong information. You are lucky you were even able to get the number honestly. It usually is impossible for us to port from prepaid carriers like that.

The 45 days are the promotion period. So you will probably be charged the fees, and then have them refunded after 45 days have passed.

If you didn't like the experience, give a low score on your survey. You'll get a call from the boss's boss asking what's wrong. Just know you'll be ruining the rep's life and possibly affecting his pay depending on where you live. Much less paperwork to just call care, bitch, and get free credits.

Jan 1, 2006

Pornhub. XTube. I know these names, better than I know my own grandmothers.
Surveys are off from the 7th to the 14th though.

Also I'm on my sixth manager in a year and a half.

hotsauce
Jan 14, 2007

Beefstorm posted:

If you didn't like the experience, give a low score on your survey. You'll get a call from the boss's boss asking what's wrong. Just know you'll be ruining the rep's life and possibly affecting his pay depending on where you live. Much less paperwork to just call care, bitch, and get free credits.

Thanks for the background. For what it's worth, I am not planning on slamming the rep or anyone, actually. I am the type of guy who holds management accountable if employees don't know what they are doing. This was not the case as the process itself, like you said (from ST) is a general nightmare regardless.

It's all good in my mind. The whole credit thing was confusing, as years ago I left AT&T, then came back a few weeks later and all they did was re-turn on my line, no internal/external pull (that I was aware of). They just turned it back on in a matter of minutes and I was on my way. Granted I did add a line yesterday, but that took 2 minutes. The port from ST was the headache (not AT&T fault).

The guy was helpful, actually, but I got the sense that he wasn't fully trained as most of his answers were "it should work, probably, I believe so, most likely, etc." He didn't have much confidence with any answer and finally said "these questions are above my pay-grade." Not confidence-inspiring as the questions were really pretty basic.

In all, we walked out set up just fine, which is all that matters. No negative survey or any other rear end in a top hat-ish complaints planned. We are just happy ST's "customer service" found it in their heart to give my wife her 15+ yr number back. Never again.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Well that sucks, in the process of switching us over to the mobile share value plan the rep signed us up for three additional services that she never asked me about. I was wondering why I didn't get a printed plan summary after the transaction, and I guess that's why. Customer service removed them without a fuss and backdated them, but still lovely (although I'm assuming this is in part due to rear end in a top hat commission requirements).

Sounds like someone will be getting a grumpy survey response.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Maneki Neko posted:

Well that sucks, in the process of switching us over to the mobile share value plan the rep signed us up for three additional services that she never asked me about. I was wondering why I didn't get a printed plan summary after the transaction, and I guess that's why. Customer service removed them without a fuss and backdated them, but still lovely (although I'm assuming this is in part due to rear end in a top hat commission requirements).

Reps that do that deserve the punishment. Slamming features is not cool. Nail that rear end.

Jan 1, 2006

Pornhub. XTube. I know these names, better than I know my own grandmothers.

Maneki Neko posted:

More than a survey go back and ask to speak to their manager. If customer care left notes in the account the manager will be able to see them and from there action can be taken. Nothing drives me up the wall worse than feature slamming. Its dishonest at best and malicious at worst.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Maneki Neko posted:

Just for fun, what were the features?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Beefstorm posted:

Just for fun, what were the features?

Insurance, some sort of premium support and beats music family pack (which the customer care phone rep said was actually free for a period of time due to the service just launching).

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

If i switch over the the Mobile Family Share and then add 3 lines using go phones, would i qualify for the $100 credit per line added?

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
For the billion people trying to PM me, I've made some room.

Maneki Neko posted:

Insurance, some sort of premium support and beats music family pack (which the customer care phone rep said was actually free for a period of time due to the service just launching).

In no way defending their action. I totally bundle it in whenever I switch people over. However, I explain to them that they are getting protection in the new bundle.

And with the beats BS, there's no point on adding it in blindly. It will 100% get canceled. However, if you pay for spotify, you should probably try this. The family plan price is pretty good.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

grimcreaper posted:

If i switch over the the Mobile Family Share and then add 3 lines using go phones, would i qualify for the $100 credit per line added?

Yes, just FYI you will have an activation fee of $35 a line since you are technically bringing your own phones.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
I switched plans a few days before this 10GB deal appeared. When I try to switch now, the site claims I am on the only plan available to me.

I suppose there is a limit on how frequently you can switch plans, but would customer service make an exception in this case if I ask nicely?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kaluza-Klein posted:

I switched plans a few days before this 10GB deal appeared. When I try to switch now, the site claims I am on the only plan available to me.

I suppose there is a limit on how frequently you can switch plans, but would customer service make an exception in this case if I ask nicely?

If you are on the mobile share value 10GB plan, you are on the right plan and the system will auto switch you. If you are on the older mobile share 10GB plan then you need to switch. you absolutely can switch if needed, there are no plan switching limits.

If in doubt call care or stop by an ATT corp store. FYI you can tell at a glance which plan you are by the base part: the older plan was $120 for call/text/data and the new plan is $100.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Duckman2008 posted:

If you are on the mobile share value 10GB plan, you are on the right plan and the system will auto switch you. If you are on the older mobile share 10GB plan then you need to switch. you absolutely can switch if needed, there are no plan switching limits.

If in doubt call care or stop by an ATT corp store. FYI you can tell at a glance which plan you are by the base part: the older plan was $120 for call/text/data and the new plan is $100.

I am on the $70 4GB value share plan.

I will give a call.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So AT&T finally agreed to unlock my iPhone (Thanks to Beefstorm for the help with helping me out with part of it!).

I did the whole back up and restore thing in iTunes per their instructions.... so, that's it? No fun message popped up telling me that it was unlocked or anything. Is there any way to officially check that the phone is indeed unlocked?

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Astro7x posted:

So AT&T finally agreed to unlock my iPhone (Thanks to Beefstorm for the help with helping me out with part of it!).

I did the whole back up and restore thing in iTunes per their instructions.... so, that's it? No fun message popped up telling me that it was unlocked or anything. Is there any way to officially check that the phone is indeed unlocked?

Did you get the email telling you that the unlock completed and to do that? Or did you do it right after you got off the phone?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Beefstorm posted:

Did you get the email telling you that the unlock completed and to do that? Or did you do it right after you got off the phone?

I got instruction in my email to wait 24 hours and then do the back up and format, and it will be unlocked. I'm just surprised I didn't get some message saying the phone was unlocked.

After doing some googling, I guess the best check is just to put another SIM card in it and see if the other network pops up or if I get a weird error message.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Astro7x posted:

I got instruction in my email to wait 24 hours and then do the back up and format, and it will be unlocked. I'm just surprised I didn't get some message saying the phone was unlocked.

After doing some googling, I guess the best check is just to put another SIM card in it and see if the other network pops up or if I get a weird error message.

iTunes should say something along the lines of "There is updated firmware available." If it didn't say that yet, then it probably didn't happen. Someone feel free to correct me.

gman14msu
Mar 10, 2009
So I'm currently on Sprint but want to get on my family's AT&T plan. I'd like to get a Moto X, either buy one on my own for $380, or get one with a 2 year contract (AT&T brick and mortar said $150, online says $100). The NEXT plans kind of freak me out since the AT&T store pricing is way over the Motorola store ($530!) and you don't even keep the phone at the end if you take advantage of the benefit and upgrade.

My problem is that my parents and siblings have been on the same plan like, forever, and none of us live in the same area. So if at all possible, I'd rather not change what they have since it will take like 20 phone calls and explanations and I'm just trying to keep this easier on them. It also looks like my sibling would lose her unlimited data (she only uses <3GB, but I'd rather not change anything). That said, they may not have the best plan for them and if I could save them a bunch of money, that'd be good. It seems like they pay too much for 4 cellphones ($190ish), 2 of which are dumbphones. I've been activated as someone who can change the account so I can see the bill and make changes.

Here is a breakdown of their bill (omitting fees from each line but including them in the total, they also have a "National Account Discount"):

Line 1:
Family Talk Nation 1400 with Rollover: $80
Family Messaging Unlimited with Mobile to Any Mobile Calling: $30
International Roaming- Expanded: $0
Discount: -$15.20
Total: $108.34

Line 2:
Family Talk Nation 1400 with Rollover: $9.99
Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4g LTE: $30
Discount: -$5.70
Total: $37.57

Line 3:
DataPro 2GB for Smartphone 4g LTE: $25
Discount: -$4.75
Total: $33.52

Line 4:
Total: $13.27

Grand Total $192.70

So it looks like I have several options:

1. Get the Moto X on a 2 year contract for $100, then add a line to my family plan which I believe is $45 or $55, for 3GB of data. 2 Year cost: $1,180-$1,420
2. Buy the Moto X on my own for $380, then add a line to my family plan for $45-$55 (the guy in the store said no discount for bringing my own phone). 2 Year cost: $1,460-$1,700
3. Switch my family's plan to some kind of mobile sharing with 10GB, $40 per smart phone on contract (2), $15 per smart phone off contract, $100 for data = $195 + (Whatever would happen to the dumb phones)

Basically I'm looking to know if my assessments of my first 2 options are correct, and some more information on the costs for my 3rd option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

gman14msu posted:

So I'm currently on Sprint but want to get on my family's AT&T plan. I'd like to get a Moto X.

Why do you want to get on your families plan? Simple answer leave them alone, buy a moto x directly for 380 sign up for Aio (ATT service) for $40 a month.