Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like Funko is also doing 6" Game of Thrones figures. They look, eh.

http://bit.ly/1iCotUF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

therealjon_ posted:

Looks like Funko is also doing 6" Game of Thrones figures. They look, eh.

http://bit.ly/1iCotUF

They remind me of Toy Biz's early Lord of the Rings figures from 2001. Decent bodies, soft facial sculpts so you can tell immediately who they're supposed to be, but they don't necessarily look like the actors.

I'm still holding out hope Funko makes a 6" Rocketeer, in which case I will forgive a soft facial sculpt.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

That's the same company that also has Buffy/Firefly/other licences too, right?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

That's the same company that also has Buffy/Firefly/other licences too, right?

They literally have every license, but yeah they are doing a retro 3 3/4" Buffy and Firefly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Edit: double post

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 9, 2014

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

They literally have every license, but yeah they are doing a retro 3 3/4" Buffy and Firefly.

I meant a 6" line too.

Ah, Firefly at least: http://sciencefiction.com/2013/12/22/funko-announces-firefly-game-thrones-action-figures/

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Getting rid of a couple of DC Figures.. all in perfect shape. If anyone is interested they can buy the lot for $40 shipped within the US. Individually the figures will run you like double that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did you buy the boxed set just to get Catwoman?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know if Hot Toys arms are swappable?

Basically just giving some idle thought on making a custom but I need a robotic arm on it and dunno what kind of fresh hell I'd be letting myself in for when I try.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Rhyno posted:

Did you buy the boxed set just to get Catwoman?

The two sets I bought was actually Trinity War and the Heroes vs Villians Box Set to round out MOST of my JLA.

I don't care for any of the villians aside from Catwoman but needed the rest of the heroes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jet Ready Go posted:

The two sets I bought was actually Trinity War and the Heroes vs Villians Box Set to round out MOST of my JLA.

I don't care for any of the villians aside from Catwoman but needed the rest of the heroes.

Well I wasn't going to be surprised, I've had a dozen people ask if we'll part out the boxed set so they can just get Catwoman.

In my own toy news, I've dipped into the new TMNT line and really dig them. Enough to start looking at older TMNT lines. I always regretted not getting the NECA line and looked for them on ebay to see them going for crazy prices. But there were also sets for $50 from China. Turns out there's some incredibly high quality knock offs available so I pulled the trigger on one. Will report on them when they arrive.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Anyone know if Hot Toys arms are swappable?

Basically just giving some idle thought on making a custom but I need a robotic arm on it and dunno what kind of fresh hell I'd be letting myself in for when I try.

From what I understand if its a TTM body, no. I think a lot of the Iron Man figures were swappable because there wasn't anything in there holding it, but I think with just the basic bodies, its a no go.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat. Oh well, there goes that idea for a custom.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

Well I wasn't going to be surprised, I've had a dozen people ask if we'll part out the boxed set so they can just get Catwoman.

In my own toy news, I've dipped into the new TMNT line and really dig them. Enough to start looking at older TMNT lines. I always regretted not getting the NECA line and looked for them on ebay to see them going for crazy prices. But there were also sets for $50 from China. Turns out there's some incredibly high quality knock offs available so I pulled the trigger on one. Will report on them when they arrive.

drat you Rhyno. I have been coveting those NECA sets and was blissfully unaware of the knockoffs. After researching a bit I had to try my luck and buy a set. Kinda cool how they did them with the different colored headbands. I love the old Mirage poo poo so I went for the all red set. Which one did you get?

Edit:

This guy I worked with moved to New York and offered to let me 'borrow' his (unopened mint) set until he got settled or came back. Yeah dude. Can I hold onto your $150 action figures and be responsible for any poo poo that happens. No thanks. Gonna send him a picture of these when I get them.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 11, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

drat you Rhyno. I have been coveting those NECA sets and was blissfully unaware of the knockoffs. After researching a bit I had to try my luck and buy a set. Kinda cool how they did them with the different colored headbands. I love the old Mirage poo poo so I went for the all red set. Which one did you get?

I went with the multi-color set, if I'm impressed enough I'll splurge on an all red set later. I also completed my set of the new Turtles today, Leo was surprisingly hard to track down. I also found two of the Ooze canisters and had to have them. Well now I need the other two. So if anyone runs across the Yellow and Green Ooze I would be quite happy to own those.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

I went with the multi-color set, if I'm impressed enough I'll splurge on an all red set later. I also completed my set of the new Turtles today, Leo was surprisingly hard to track down. I also found two of the Ooze canisters and had to have them. Well now I need the other two. So if anyone runs across the Yellow and Green Ooze I would be quite happy to own those.

Yeah. Leo was my least favorite so I put off buying him. I think he was going for around thirty plus dollars around xmas.

Also I really want those In Training figs. Goddammit I am a grown rear end man...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sporklift posted:

Yeah. Leo was my least favorite so I put off buying him. I think he was going for around thirty plus dollars around xmas.

Also I really want those In Training figs. Goddammit I am a grown rear end man...

Goddamn, really? I'm glad they reissued the basics, the battle shell figures don't look as good.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Rhyno posted:

Goddamn, really? I'm glad they reissued the basics, the battle shell figures don't look as good.

Yeah, the basic turtles are great, but the battle shell ones look too cartoony to me... I like the wrinkles and lines sculpted into the basics.

I'm just waiting for my goddamn Casey Jones and Mutagen Man figures!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jace Madan posted:

Yeah, the basic turtles are great, but the battle shell ones look too cartoony to me... I like the wrinkles and lines sculpted into the basics.

I'm just waiting for my goddamn Casey Jones and Mutagen Man figures!

I saw MM today but I'm being very careful here. If I buy anyone other than the Turtles it'll snowball out of control and I'll have the whole line in now time. I just need those two mutagens and I'm, good.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Rhyno posted:

I saw MM today but I'm being very careful here. If I buy anyone other than the Turtles it'll snowball out of control and I'll have the whole line in now time. I just need those two mutagens and I'm, good.

That's what happened to me... I got the four basic turtles, held off on getting anything else... but then I saw the unmasked Shredder and had to get him, and then I had to have Leather Head, and I needed at least 1 pack of mousers. From there I bought up most of the line.

And on top of that, now I'm getting into the vintage stuff that will go along well with the new stuff, like Muck Man and Scumbug.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jace Madan posted:

That's what happened to me... I got the four basic turtles, held off on getting anything else... but then I saw the unmasked Shredder and had to get him, and then I had to have Leather Head, and I needed at least 1 pack of mousers. From there I bought up most of the line.

And on top of that, now I'm getting into the vintage stuff that will go along well with the new stuff, like Muck Man and Scumbug.

I don't have very good impulse control so I generally steer clear of lines I don't normally collect. I watched a handful of the new episodes and the bug bit hard. I'd also just started getting heavily into the Turtles again in general so I'm lucky I didn't come home with every figure I could find.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I, on the other hand, bought a Mutagen Man today and he loving rules. His articulation is much better than one would expect, too. Passed on psycho-looking Casey Jones and the rest of the wave though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's a shame that line got cancelled - loving Shredder, Foot Soldier and a Utrom/Krang were next!! Was there any official word? They cancel that but are happy to release re-paint after lovely re-paint.

I bought the April this year from their online shop to finish it all off.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I, on the other hand, bought a Mutagen Man today and he loving rules. His articulation is much better than one would expect, too. Passed on psycho-looking Casey Jones and the rest of the wave though.

Is that the new Nick cartoon line? Mutagen Man was always a favourite of mine from the old 80s line, as his storyline is proper body horror, especially to a child.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Retailer support wasn't there at the time, April did horrible in sales and then the license lapsed.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Is that the new Nick cartoon line? Mutagen Man was always a favourite of mine from the old 80s line, as his storyline is proper body horror, especially to a child.

The new MM's transformation from normal human to mutant is horrifying.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I've found countless Casey Jones figures but not one Mutagen Man yet. I need him!

Also Marvel Legends collectors, I came across 2x Carnage, 1x Black Cat, 1x AIM Soldier and 1x Hydra Soldier today. $25 + shipping if anyone wants them.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

The Rage posted:

I've found countless Casey Jones figures but not one Mutagen Man yet. I need him!

Also Marvel Legends collectors, I came across 2x Carnage, 1x Black Cat, 1x AIM Soldier and 1x Hydra Soldier today. $25 + shipping if anyone wants them.

I'll take the AIM and Hydra if no one else bites.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm gonna toss it out there that I really want that Baron Zemo when they do the refresh. So when anyone sees that I will pay price + shipping and I'll give you a big sloppy kiss.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Since it'll probably be hard as balls to find when it's out, I will gladly buy a Black Widow from whomever sees one in the wild when it's eventually released.

Strong Style Liger
Mar 10, 2013
I grabbed the first Kirby Bat I found, but otherwise I'm not seeing much of the newest TMNT figures here in Massachusetts.

Like a lot of people I was just going to get the turtles and then got sucked in all the way. They're pretty affordable though and a lot of fun really.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Since it'll probably be hard as balls to find when it's out, I will gladly buy a Black Widow from whomever sees one in the wild when it's eventually released.
Ditto for me, as well.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I will also trade a Black Cat for anyone who finds a Spider-Woman.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I have a goofy question, because it seems like it should be the easiest thing in the goddam world. Can anyone help me find a 6" well-articulated Superman toy with a sculpt I like? I have a DCUC Superman from the He-man/Superman 2-pack, but the blue of the suit seems overly dark, and the head sculpt has a typical Four Horsemen potato-face. I'm hoping for DCUC-style articulation, but more of a Curt Swan/Superfriends style look. Does anything like this exist?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sometimes waiting out a figure is a good plan. I scored the Catman figure from the Batman Legacies line for $8.00 on Amazon with Prime shipping on Saturday, arrived today. He's now guarding my Jack Kirby shelf until I slot him into the DC display.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

I have a goofy question, because it seems like it should be the easiest thing in the goddam world. Can anyone help me find a 6" well-articulated Superman toy with a sculpt I like? I have a DCUC Superman from the He-man/Superman 2-pack, but the blue of the suit seems overly dark, and the head sculpt has a typical Four Horsemen potato-face. I'm hoping for DCUC-style articulation, but more of a Curt Swan/Superfriends style look. Does anything like this exist?

I'd say DC Direct had the best headsculpt for that with their standard Superman figure, but it was in 7" scale. The DCUC stuff was pretty bad as far as decent Superman headsculpts go.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Beanpants posted:

I'd say DC Direct had the best headsculpt for that with their standard Superman figure, but it was in 7" scale. The DCUC stuff was pretty bad as far as decent Superman headsculpts go.

Oh, yeah, 6" is a rough estimate I guess. 7" could be just fine. The figures you're talkign about look pretty good, but last time I bought DC direct (around 2000 or so?) they had pretty crummy articulation. Has that improved?

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Oh, yeah, 6" is a rough estimate I guess. 7" could be just fine. The figures you're talkign about look pretty good, but last time I bought DC direct (around 2000 or so?) they had pretty crummy articulation. Has that improved?

They're good for the most part. The biggest knock against them is they have a T-joint at the hips, so the legs only move forward and back. But they do have thigh swivel, bicep swivel, etc. So it's just a matter of tradeoff depending on how you're posing the figure.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I don't know if this is stupid or brilliant: S.H. Figuarts Sadako from "The Ring"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Beanpants posted:

I'll take the AIM and Hydra if no one else bites.

PM sent!