Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
He's not quite big enough to make the impression needed for the Dany kidnapping, but that's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

computer parts posted:

He's not quite big enough to make the impression needed for the Dany kidnapping, but that's okay.
He's not doing that this season, he's got time to grow.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Zero One posted:

Her cackling about that was one of the best parts of the video.

Hodor talking about his favourite line was the best part :colbert:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Interesting that we didn't see Stannis at all. I wonder if he'll have almost zero part in this season until he shows up at the Wall?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

webmeister posted:

Interesting that we didn't see Stannis at all. I wonder if he'll have almost zero part in this season until he shows up at the Wall?

We saw Stannis in like all of the montages?

SMP
May 5, 2009

I saw a shot of Bronn sparring with Jaime gently caress yes :c00l:. I guess he's Ilyn Payne's replacement in the story.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Whizbang posted:

But they interviewed no one from his side, not even Melissandre or Davos; it was kind of weird. Also, his scenes in the montages were rather generic, maybe they are indeed saving him for episode 9.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Whizbang posted:

I remember seeing Melisandre, but whereabouts was Stannis? I didn't notice him in any of the montages.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

The Slippery Nipple posted:

Also it looks like Jaime gives Brienne a new set of armour :3: which I'm not sure was in the book.

Towards the end of the video we see what appears to be a conversation between Brienne and Margaery, can you imagine?? The writers must have been salivating at the prospect, and so am I. What two loving fascinating, totally different viewpoints on power and femininity in Westeros, linked by their common connection to Renly.

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

webmeister posted:

I remember seeing Melisandre, but whereabouts was Stannis? I didn't notice him in any of the montages.

He showed up like two or three times but from what I recall they were just 1 second glimpses of him standing in various dark places.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

webmeister posted:

There's definitely a shot of him standing around with Davos, but not much of his crew indeed. I will be super stoked if they really do all but omit him from this season until he just appears at the wall.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

GonSmithe posted:

Jesus loving Christ Isacc looks/sounds like he's 20.

Looks like Isaac's finally begun to hit menopause.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The fact both Jamie and Brianne are at the purple wedding is going to be a big change. Actually, i'd say enhancement as they are two of my favorite characters with a great dynamic.

Wow, there is just way too much good stuff in that preview.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

If Jaime is going to start practicing with Bronn, does that mean Bronn will stay on and accompany Jaime throughout the later parts of the story? It would be a nice way to keep a fan favorite around.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

CapnAndy posted:

Oh man it opens with Ice being reforged :swoon:

Smelting Valyrian steel will turn it into regular steel. This doesn't help my immersion.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I just realized there is a shot at the start with a bunch of Watch guys behind a gate and the camera panning in, Giant POV shot!

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
Brienne walking with Margaery? Thats god drat...interesting

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Crisco Kid posted:

Towards the end of the video we see what appears to be a conversation between Brienne and Margaery, can you imagine?? The writers must have been salivating at the prospect, and so am I. What two loving fascinating, totally different viewpoints on power and femininity in Westeros, linked by their common connection to Renly.

Mike N Eich posted:

Brienne walking with Margaery? Thats god drat...interesting

It seems that they got this opportunity because Loras decided immediately "no, it's not Brienne" back in Season 2, so we'll avoid prison shenanigans instead? Which reminds me: as far as the show is concerned, what's the current popular opinion on what killed Renly?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

meristem posted:

as far as the show is concerned, what's the current popular opinion on what killed Renly?

You mean besides Shadow Vagina Horror Baby?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

meristem posted:

It seems that they got this opportunity because Loras decided immediately "no, it's not Brienne" back in Season 2, so we'll avoid prison shenanigans instead? Which reminds me: as far as the show is concerned, what's the current popular opinion on what killed Renly?

I think it's literally never been addressed beyond Tyrion's line: "Some say one of his Kingsguard, some implicate Catelyn Stark in some way, and still others say that it was Stannis." Honestly, I doubt many care about the specifics in the world of Westeros; it's mulling over a chalice long broken. They have a world without Renly to live in and deal with, not one where his death's actual cause affects them.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Mother loving pyramids. :eyepop:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

pigdog posted:

Mother loving pyramids. :eyepop:

Yeah Meereen looks epic. Far more massive than what I imagined.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I absolutely love how they are building up Oberyn in the preview :allears: I can only hope they'll do as much for Quentyn.

Also, from what little they showed, actor seems to have nailed it.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I'm glad that they seem to be aiming to recreate the relentless climax that is the finale of ASOS.

All they need to do to make this the best season of anything ever is to stick the landing.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Get everyone using their real accents, it's weird hearing all the Irish, Scottish and American when almost everyone in the show is doing something resembling an English accent, or hearing English people's region trundling around all over the place

Fatkraken fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Feb 10, 2014

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

Ballz posted:

It's like a race to get to the point where they can just cover him in tree-prosthetics before he spontaneously grows a beard.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Isaac really is looking like a bag lady, got drat.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
What is going on with his eyebrows?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Irish Joe posted:

What is going on with his eyebrows?

Pretty sure that's just his natural hair color and they put him in a wig for the Stark/Tully brown.

Also, I had to giggle when they had Rains of Castamere playing the entire time they showed Joff's wedding. On the surface it's completely appropriate, but knowing what's coming it's doubly fitting :allears:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Perestroika posted:

Pretty sure that's just his natural hair color and they put him in a wig for the Stark/Tully brown.

Also, I had to giggle when they had Rains of Castamere playing the entire time they showed Joff's wedding. On the surface it's completely appropriate, but knowing what's coming it's doubly fitting :allears:

I loved that too.

I'm so excited for this season. Brienne/Margaery will be much fun. Two of the most powerful women in Westeros.

And the Red Viper looks absolutely perfect. Joffrey's wedding looks great, too. I thought maybe they'd tone it down. I wonder if they'll keep 77 dishes in, and have the Queen of Thorns bitching about how many times she's heard the Rains of Castamere.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Ballz posted:

He quite literally is beginning to look like Dee Snider circa 1984.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I guess the wounds on Hodor/Bran/Meera are indicative that they will be adding a new storyline in for them before Bran meets Bloodraven.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I recall speculation at some point that their plot will be involved with the mutiny at Craster's keep in some fashion. Either that or Hodor's wounds are from the wight attack outside the cave where Bloodraven is.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

He quite literally is beginning to look like Dee Snider circa 1984.

Forgive me but...

So does this mean Bran is sufficiently girly enough to rape?

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
I only had the opportunity to watch the video once so far but I do believe that it is Bronn who is sparring with Jaime. While I'm certainly looking forward to those two being on screen together it doesn't seem like a realistic choice. Ilyn was chosen specifically because he could not speak or communicate in any way and Jaime was adamant about nobody knowing that he wasn't as skilled with his left hand.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

lifts cats over head posted:

I only had the opportunity to watch the video once so far but I do believe that it is Bronn who is sparring with Jaime. While I'm certainly looking forward to those two being on screen together it doesn't seem like a realistic choice. Ilyn was chosen specifically because he could not speak or communicate in any way and Jaime was adamant about nobody knowing that he wasn't as skilled with his left hand.

They can make something up to make it work. Like say Bronn's association with Tyrion can be forgiven if he does this or something. This can be how he becomes a lord maybe.

It's too good of a use for a character who can't possibly do his book storyline to not do it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ShaqDiesel posted:

Forgive me but...

So does this mean Bran is sufficiently girly enough to rape?

We've had enough of that kind of talk. We're not going to take it any more.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

lifts cats over head posted:

Maybe Joffrey will have Bronn's tongue torn out. Then he can truly be the new Ilyn.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Kawalimus posted:

They can make something up to make it work. Like say Bronn's association with Tyrion can be forgiven if he does this or something. This can be how he becomes a lord maybe.

It's too good of a use for a character who can't possibly do his book storyline to not do it.

I also approve if he takes the place of the random knight that accompanies Brienne on her road travels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

It's pretty easy to do 'hay bronn I hear you like gold. I'll give you a gently caress ton of it if you spar with me and keep your tap shut'

• Locked thread