Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
there was a point in time where i liked the famas about as much as the m4 and would never under any circumstance by a galil because it's a giant piece of poo poo. but now it's the complete opposite. no clue when it happened, but i really like the galil now. and often p250/fiveseven + helm + nades on a round i'd otherwise famas.

i guess that's just how the world works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Fat Lou posted:

I want my CS:S famas back. That burst was loving legit as hell and was great at getting headshots on snipers.

I loved the 1.6 famas. Burst oneclicks all day.

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVoynM46Qh8

How goony am I now

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

This is in the OP until the storm passes

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
I like to watch warowl cause he likes to talk about all the patch changes with video behind it, help me remember whatever different on patches. Is anyone as bothered about the individual teammate colors?

I actually had a good use for it, cause instead of asking who is there (because I normally shot call for my friends if we 5 queue) and I could identify specific players from their position, and tell them how to move when they needed too.

Took me less than a second to see yellow in a certain position, see where the rest of us were, and ask them by name by looking at their avatar, to make a call to them. That is a very rare situation that I'd have to adjust positions very specifically, usually just when Ts are playing extremely slow and we are waiting to see their position. Seems like a step in the right direction, not sure what icon/symbol elements you could introduce to radar without it causing a lot of visual clutter.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

I like to watch warowl cause he likes to talk about all the patch changes with video behind it, help me remember whatever different on patches. Is anyone as bothered about the individual teammate colors?

He seemed to get real blowhardy about it either just because he is a professional UI designer or he was trying to beg for a job from valve.

Also, was that video the most over-the-top example of this, or what?

40 OZ posted:

I think everyone (including me) likes to overstate how much they like the deagle because you have to, uh, be a little good to get kills with it.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
AUG AUG AUG

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 10, 2014

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I finally understand what that one weird terrorist taunt is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOyk1o0ukNE

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
May the augs be ever in your favor

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

jerkstoresup posted:

I finally understand what that one weird terrorist taunt is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOyk1o0ukNE

Lets Tostitos, Allison.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
God it's impossible to watch any kind of online match these days. They're getting ddosed from left and right, so any kind of simple best of 3 match will take at least 4 hours, or in some cases they even have to continue on the next day.

Also watching Hiko's stream was the best last night, WarOwl started casting it (just some random matchmaking game they were both on) live as soon as he died during the rounds. :v:

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

DDosing of all kinds of competitive games and any semi-popular streamer across lots of games seems to have really taken off in the past few months. Probably some new tool came out that is really easy to use.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Has the latest patch caused problems for anyone else? I used to be able to run the game at my native resolution, but after the patch it would freeze on load or blackscreen when it loaded into the main menu. I've got the game working (after verifying the cache, trying to run it in compatibility mode and using -processheap in the load options before finding this fix) by running it at 1024x768, but I miss my native resolution something fierce.

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010
Augerstrike

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Hoekie posted:

Augerstrike

Counteraug

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I've seen a couple of warowl videos and he seems like a dude who *really* wants to be taken seriously but any time I've watched him play / cast it's really clear he doesn't have any business speaking with the authority he grants himself.

I remember watching him cast a pro match between NiP and someone else, I forget who, and he literally made a wrong prediction for every single round. My roommate who just plays casual / arms race stuff thought he was great but I was shouting at the tv calling him a retard after just a few matches. He's really not that great.

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010

Unbound posted:

Counteraug

I've gotten so much hate with my steam name being augerstrike. If you want to drink tears I suggest you change it to Augerstrike or counteraug.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Unbound posted:

Counteraug

Augeraug

Was doing an overwatch and even the hacker was using an aug. Cheating's one thing, but drat.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Xen[deagle] vs Fat Lou[tec-9] Showmatch:

Round 1:de_cache

Round 2:de_nuke

Round 3:de_dust3

Bonus: Coach-mode at it's best

Shoutouts for minineo and Cpunch providing some excellent commentary.

Daeno fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 10, 2014

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Hoekie posted:

I've gotten so much hate with my steam name being augerstrike. If you want to drink tears I suggest you change it to Augerstrike or counteraug.

hah such a troll xD!

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

:confused: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs8w-n6JYb8

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

getting only audio here

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Necc0 posted:

getting only audio here

Yeah, wait a few minutes and it should fix itself, happened with the first video as well.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Daeno posted:

Xen[deagle] vs Fat Lou[tec-9] Showmatch:

Round 1:de_cache

Round 2:de_nuke

Round 3:de_dust3

Bonus: Coach-mode at it's best

Round 2 appears to have no video, just audio...

Daeno
May 29, 2007

It's fully uploaded now.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

:eyepop:

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Lack of headshots was disappointing, I was kind of expecting 1Tecs and 1Deags galore. Lou totally got hosed out of one because he hit the metal of the forklift on Cache and so only dinked Xen.

Edit: Then again this is the first time I've soon any footage of goons playing so I don't know what to expect really.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 10, 2014

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Comcast was giving me more mysterious, most likely packet shaping, lag to hell and back and Xen had 200 ping. We decided to run it anyways. I lost regardless and that is cool, but I will challenge him to a rematch once our internet connections are not poo poo. It will be for a FOIL LUCK OR SKILL sticker.

Also,

Dvsilverwing posted:

Edit: Then again this is the first time I've soon any footage of goons playing so I don't know what to expect really.

Have you not watched any videos posted in this thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWEx2WKuDQk

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Augspgergers

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I think I'm gonna use part of my tax return to buy a stattrak knife. Thanks, Obama.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
WElp, someone poo poo all over and ruined the best map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=125689191

Look at B lol. Unspammable boxes, can't flash into B from outside of halls T side. A can't be flashed/smoked over anymore. Sucks that nobody who produces content for csgo knows what makes a map enjoyable.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Why did anyone even think season needed to be overhauled in the first place :confused:

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

astr0man posted:

Why did anyone even think season needed to be overhauled in the first place :confused:

bcuz

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

astr0man posted:

To tighten up the graphics for the new game

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Fat Lou posted:

Have you not watched any videos posted in this thread?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWEx2WKuDQk

Yeah, but I thought that was just people dicking around. Never seen them play first hand, is how I should have worded it :shrug:.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fat Lou posted:

It will be for a FOIL LUCK OR SKILL sticker.

Oh poo poo.

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
Bloody hell today is basically AUGageddon. Every single game had 4-5 AUGs, every buy rounds, with a whole log of SG's as well. Also got called a wall-hacker for spamming squeaky on Nuke, so all-around fun.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

somethingaugful.com

beeman
May 7, 2008

aug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hahah 7:50, drat who was that on mumble? I don't remember hearing that while playing.

• Locked thread