Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
The prices of die and liminal residue don't seem to be dropping much. :( I have to guess that costing 1 and 2k points respectively, there are other things to buy that will yield better returns. Not getting many in WoE either, I might have to buckle down and farm dyna coins for a while instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

The prices of die and liminal residue don't seem to be dropping much. :( I have to guess that costing 1 and 2k points respectively, there are other things to buy that will yield better returns. Not getting many in WoE either, I might have to buckle down and farm dyna coins for a while instead.

WoE has really weird drop rates, you are better off doing something that is guaranteed.

@Knox: Why would you ask if this is the top 5 in terms of population? This is an 11 year old mmo, it used to be top 5 back in 2003/2004. Nowadays I have no idea, there are probably millions of mmos out there. Korea releases a new mmo every week. If you want to join us, we are all on the Quetzalcoatl server. The server barely break 1,000 people on it during the weekend. Anyone telling you to join another server that is not quetzalcoatl is trolling you. The goon shell is called GetOut.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Take THAT, Dynamis Windurst.

:fuckoff:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Just be willing to wait it out for the end of the log in campaign. People will eventually realize that walking to Behemoth's Dominion is too much work and will quickly dump their points into dice and residue at the last minute.

Gruknor posted:

Anyone telling you to join another server that is not quetzalcoatl is trolling you.
Unless you're really wanting to play with goons, there are much better servers than Quetz.

ChrispyPolanks
Jan 25, 2009
Hey guys i just started playing this game again after a few years. I started from scratch and looking for a LS to call home. I spoke to someone last night but they never got back to me.

I love the feel of the game. I jumped in it and knew right away what to do. Happy to be back !

I will be in game today after 6 pm EST.

IGN: Chiodusblue

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

ChrispyPolanks posted:

Hey guys i just started playing this game again after a few years. I started from scratch and looking for a LS to call home. I spoke to someone last night but they never got back to me.

I love the feel of the game. I jumped in it and knew right away what to do. Happy to be back !

I will be in game today after 6 pm EST.

IGN: Chiodusblue

My in game name is Jewbacca. You can also ask Frodnon, Jamiemadrox, Magichero, Rukuka, and I am sure there are more who are linksack holders or above.

I meant to get back to you, but I was so excited and tired I forgot all about you. I apologize.

arkma
May 30, 2001
I am looking to trade my dynamis currency for Devious Die or Liminal Residue: hit me up in game or pm here if you are interested.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
So just found something pretty cool buried in the windower and BG forums
http://pignax.com/pub/ffxi60fps_v0.01.7z

It's a set of little EXE files that uncap FPS for FFXI. the results are highly noticeable.
it does freakout however in moghouses and uncaps FPS completely there.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jan 27, 2014

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

frodnonnag posted:

So just found something pretty cool buried in the windower and BG forums
http://pignax.com/pub/ffxi60fps_v0.01.7z

It's a set of little EXE files that uncap FPS for FFXI. the results are highly noticeable.
it does freakout however in moghouses and uncaps FPS completely there.

Very cool, thanks. I can't wait to try this out. I can't remember the reason for the 30 fps cap, but I thought it was like, integral to how the game runs or something like that.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?
Every now and then if you run at 60fps, your character's movement stutters. It only lasts a few seconds but can be a bit jarring sometimes.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

G Prestige posted:

Every now and then if you run at 60fps, your character's movement stutters. It only lasts a few seconds but can be a bit jarring sometimes.

Yeah, while i like this program, it's prone to slowdown, and it noticeably seems to slowdown actions as well, such as autoattack and movement. I'd say it's only really useable if you can maintain a solid 60fps.

ChrispyPolanks
Jan 25, 2009
Chiodusblue

Have you guys ever used any form of voice chat while playing.? I would be interested if there was available.

Not sure how many people would be interested. We could trade idea and speak more freely. I can see how it doest work for some people.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

ChrispyPolanks posted:

Chiodusblue

Have you guys ever used any form of voice chat while playing.? I would be interested if there was available.

Not sure how many people would be interested. We could trade idea and speak more freely. I can see how it doest work for some people.

I don't see goon ffxi ventrilo ending well. Mainly because every person in Get Out is one of Jamie's alts.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39292-Cait-Sith-Atomos?p=490682&viewfull=1#post490682

That is a link to a post about caitsith and atomos summons.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

So I finally got into Dynamis Xarcabard, figured i'd farm 2 hours or until I got my thief hands.

Got all 5 TEs, went to a nice area that I figured I could pretty much continuously pull in where there didn't appear to be any mage spawns. First mob was a kindred ninja that went straight up Allahu akbar on me. It didn't even swing its weapons at me, it just 2 hour'd and killed me before my sneak fully wore.

:sigh:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So I finally got into Dynamis Xarcabard, figured i'd farm 2 hours or until I got my thief hands.

Got all 5 TEs, went to a nice area that I figured I could pretty much continuously pull in where there didn't appear to be any mage spawns. First mob was a kindred ninja that went straight up Allahu akbar on me. It didn't even swing its weapons at me, it just 2 hour'd and killed me before my sneak fully wore.

Just stick with it. You will get them eventually. Dyna xarc or dyna tav are both pretty bad. Dyna xarc is probably easier to farm.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Just stick with it. You will get them eventually. Dyna xarc or dyna tav are both pretty bad. Dyna xarc is probably easier to farm.
Outside of more annoying Time Extensions, I found Dyna Tav to be easier. Demons like to spam AoE ranged crap that's really annoying along with slow.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Dancer and Rune fencer getting some adjustments (Also puppetmaster but who gives a poo poo) :toot:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39767
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39763

DNC update is good. It's nice that healing waltz won't be on regular waltz timer anymore. I wish they'd just make it so no waltzes share a timer, but decreasing some of the recasts is a start I guess.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Reminder for all. Login points are done this week, so be sure to spend them!

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Some tips to make it easier. Right before you go, get a RR scroll and use it then grab another. They last for an hour so you can have RR for free the entire run if you use the second an hour in.

You can also do the same with Protect and Shell scrolls from Adoulin. They only last 30min though so not quite as ideal. Can also just have a friend cast these on you before ya go.

This obviously doesn't help if you get blown up right away, but do your best to proc NIN with all 5 TE to lock its 2 hour. MNK as well since they have a nasty 2H. Both are JA procs so you can spam steps and flourishes as they come up.
For SMN since they can also pop you easily, kill the avatar first. It will have to resummon it to 2 hour and you can kill the actual SMN before it has a chance to resummon.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Any goons know of a good app that can detect when a NM spawns and can send a /tell when it happens? Would like to make sure I know when a ToAU king pops without having to tab over to that mule over and over again. :v:

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Use Exiled Alerts. All the kings talk in /say when they aggro.

Loner-Assassin
Mar 18, 2008

The Fragrance of Dark Coffee
So, I'd like a new challenge. I still love my RDM, but I want to take a new job up... I was thinking PLD, but they're useless unless you have an ochain right? My friend says PUP is fun, and with the Ashu Talif stuff being solo next patch, attachments wouldn't be AS HARD to get. I dunno, any suggestions? I'm mainly a solo/low-man player and don't really do any endgame stuff.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Endgame can be done with 5 people. Wildskeeper Reives can be done solo, with your trust npcs. You just need to wait for a shout for the wkr. If no one is shouting for a wkr, ask in /shout "which wkr is everyone doing?" As far as solo stuff goes, you can solo a lot of stuff. You can solo all the missions, except a few. You can do Coalitions, farm abyssea, do assaults, farm salvage, farm dynamis, etc.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

:10bux:

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

What is that, just shy of 2 billion gil?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

G Prestige posted:

What is that, just shy of 2 billion gil?

at 7m per, it's 2.31 billion.
:ssh: some servers are selling for more than 7m per

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 10, 2014

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Wow, nice.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

The only sensible thing is to use them on an afterglow.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

The only sensible thing is to use them on an afterglow.

Afterglow Daurdabla is the best use of that gil.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Afterglow brochain or bust.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Afterglow brochain or bust.

Clearly Mjollner is the best option.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

:aaaaa:

I haven't played in a while. Did ADL just get a lot easier to kill since ilvl gear became a thing? I imagine making money is a lot easier now that players can go solo and stomp all over almost everything pre-SoA.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Yeah ADL is really easy now. You can kill him with a few people and don't need any Perfect Defense or 2 hours.

The real limiter is farming his pops. Odious items can be a pain if you are unlucky, even with a THF, and getting a Bijou can be especially annoying since the NMs are lottery and everyone has wide scan so they get claimed fast if its crowded.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Yeah ADL is really easy now. You can kill him with a few people and don't need any Perfect Defense or 2 hours.

The real limiter is farming his pops. Odious items can be a pain if you are unlucky, even with a THF, and getting a Bijou can be especially annoying since the NMs are lottery and everyone has wide scan so they get claimed fast if its crowded.

Odious is easy in group. Solo farming is annoying. Farming the bijou can be solo, but it's very hit or miss unless you have experience and know nm placeholders. ADL himself has been soloed by a summoner and duoed by a mnk and smn. (And yet the marrows are going up in price)

Octopus Darling
Nov 26, 2007

The inverse of this is wonderful.
I have reactivated and returned to quetz. Can I get a pearl? Rehzu is my name.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Decided to pick up this big dumb game again. For controller peeps is xpadder still the best way to get a 360 controller to work on pc the way it does with the 360 or ps2? It's odd that ffxiv recognizes the triggers but ffxi doesn't which I'm assuming that's due to it's age.

I'll try to look up someone later for a pearl.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Kithyen posted:

Decided to pick up this big dumb game again. For controller peeps is xpadder still the best way to get a 360 controller to work on pc the way it does with the 360 or ps2? It's odd that ffxiv recognizes the triggers but ffxi doesn't which I'm assuming that's due to it's age.

I'll try to look up someone later for a pearl.

Cant you use a windower plugin for gaming keyboards to make it recognize the other buttons?

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
Not sure. I'll look into it though when I get home. Haven't really futzed around with windower 4 a whole lot yet.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Skirmish III is slated to take place in the new area, hope you still have your Skirmish II stuff still around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
Hanging around bastok if anybody is on that can toss me a pearl. Trying to get used to everything again.