Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Slavvy posted:

Call me a dumbass, but is that a road-legal bike over there?

It's got turn signals, a headlight (I can see the high beam switch), and a number plate just off camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yes, but I've seen agricultural bikes that have all these things yet can't be registered on the road and are intended for farm usage, which is why I was asking.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Slavvy posted:

Call me a dumbass, but is that a road-legal bike over there?

Seems to have turn signals and a headlight switch, so

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

It's def road legal if you didn't already believe the other posters.

Where are you from? I'm in the US and anything with a headlight, left mirror, and license plate (my state doesn't require turn signals :ssh:) is game.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

New Zealand. NZ/Aus has a thing called AG bikes and they have all the required lights and so on, but aren't road legal because they aren't engineered to meet emissions standards and such like. They're also built on laughably out-dated platforms, and with a little work and effort you can bring them up to a registerable level. Example.

Dellikose
Oct 10, 2003
I'd ride that on the road and convert whatever is mounted to the forks to a shotgun mount. :patriot:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Slavvy posted:

Yes, but I've seen agricultural bikes that have all these things yet can't be registered on the road and are intended for farm usage, which is why I was asking.

That's factory street-legal dualsport trim http://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/products/modelhome/595/0/home.aspx they also make a SM and an offroad model.

Some areas also allow off-road motorcycles to be fitted with lights and a plate and registered for road use.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I'm pretty sure it's straight up street legal in NZ too:
http://www.yamaha-motor.co.nz/products/motorcycle/offroad/adventure/11-wr250r

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

Incursus posted:

So much truth in this! Corbin seats are the best investment in a bike! I'd pay a grand for one if they made one for my Husqvarna!

Word... I had a Gunfighter on my '94 Magna, best seat ever. They don't make one for my generation of KZ1000 unfortunately.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Colour me learned, I've just never seen one. Hopefully they're cheap to buy used in a couple of years. Also, looking at that website they put the VMAX, mt-03, 09 and 01 into the same category: "torque sport".

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Slavvy posted:

Colour me learned, I've just never seen one. Hopefully they're cheap to buy used in a couple of years. Also, looking at that website they put the VMAX, mt-03, 09 and 01 into the same category: "torque sport".

They've been around awhile so there should be some used ones.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

NOTHING LIKE HAVING THE BEST OEGAMIOM IN THE WORLD EVERYDAY!
Well I'm picking up a 2008 Buell 1125r (with a 2009 motor) this Saturday for $2800. Pretty sick deal! The only minor issue with the bike is that it has a D&D exhaust on it. That fucker is stupid loud! Pictures to come!

edit: On the left

Incursus fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 30, 2014

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
That's a decent price.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Incursus posted:

Well I'm picking up a 2008 Buell 1125r (with a 2009 motor) this Saturday for $2800. Pretty sick deal! The only minor issue with the bike is that it has a D&D exhaust on it. That fucker is stupid loud! Pictures to come!

edit: On the left

That's not Tim Stewart's bike, is it? Are those just common fairings to have on an 1125r?

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

That's not Tim Stewart's bike, is it? Are those just common fairings to have on an 1125r?

No, it's a friend of a friends bike. As far as the fairings go, I believe it's the original Eric Buell Racing fairings. You will have a hard time finding a set for less than $1K

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Cool bike, and yeah that's an EBR lower fairing. I want Erik to hurry up and show me an AX.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

Cool bike, and yeah that's an EBR lower fairing. I want Erik to hurry up and show me an AX.

The guy I'm buying it from just bought an 1190RX. I can't wait until that thing gets here! I can't imagine the AX.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

Springfield Fatts posted:

Baby's first 'sport' bike, CBR500R.

I was originally worried it would be uncomfortable after years of riding on a cruiser (and being a fat guy), but it was the opposite. I'm officially a convert. Already has 300 miles on it in less than a week.
Welcome to the club! I'm a big guy that also switched up from a cruiser to the CB500F (your bike - fairing + 1 inch higher handle bars) and can confirm the seats comfortable as hell. I went out on a 300+ mile ride with a bunch of Goons on my third time out on the bike, I was completely comfortable the whole time!

Incursus posted:

So much truth in this! Corbin seats are the best investment in a bike! I'd pay a grand for one if they made one for my Husqvarna!
Have you tried Beaded Seat Covers? HNasty swears by them.

Incursus
Sep 17, 2012

McLarenF1 posted:

Welcome to the club! I'm a big guy that also switched up from a cruiser to the CB500F (your bike - fairing + 1 inch higher handle bars) and can confirm the seats comfortable as hell. I went out on a 300+ mile ride with a bunch of Goons on my third time out on the bike, I was completely comfortable the whole time!

Have you tried Beaded Seat Covers? HNasty swears by them.

Hmmm well it doesn't make sense as to why those would feel better, but I will definitely research them! They won't be good on my Husky though as I spend most of my time on one wheel anyway, but any alternative seat as opposed to the MX one that comes with it would be sweet.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I got a camera and I convinced my girlfriend to go for a ride with me. Was great!

...until an old lady took her out at a roundabout.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Slavvy posted:

I got a camera and I convinced my girlfriend to go for a ride with me. Was great!

...until an old lady took her out at a roundabout.

Uh oh, for real? Is she Ok?

E: saw the other thread. Glad she's alright.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Had to do some troubleshooting today with the Korean Air Force on Osan Air Base and spotted this static display in front of their HQ. Bike is my dirty S&T (Hyosung) GT650.

It got up to 7c after a week of below freezing so it was nice to ride a bit. Tomorrow we're due for snow though, so back in the garage. :(

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

rain, cherry blossom petals, and an old 500R

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

DEUCE SLUICE posted:

rain, cherry blossom petals, and an old 500R

rain, cherry blossoms
pink petals, blacktop, moto:
my 500R

You missed a golden opportunity there. :)

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Heh, I was thinking the same thing

Cherry blossoms fall
Time flows onward as the rain
E X Five Hundred

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Picked this up from forums dude Astonishing Wang last night. Should be fun I hope.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 9, 2014

Shouting Melon
Mar 20, 2009

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that two totally different planets would both invent the compact disc?
Dad and I out for a ride today.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Shouting Melon posted:

Dad and I out for a ride today.

Your dad & you look nice. :v:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

*father comes out in formal attire*

"Jesus why are you dressed like one of those rappers? Who the gently caress wears an orange tie with a black suit?"

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh
Technically, it _is_ a motorcycle (two wheels, engine and the works)

Does a great job with my daily 100km commute in heavy traffic. Grip heaters do wonders in colder weather when it feels that my fingers will fall off despite heavy gloves.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

adary posted:

Blatantly not a motorcycle

I hate these things.

The only people I've seen riding this thing are guys who are about a million years old who have their trousers pulled up to their nipples, two toned shoes and an illegal helmet. Often they weave across lanes without indicating and brake on clear roads for no reason. I have literally no idea how some of these guys are still alive. I'm pretty sure they went out one day to buy a mobility scooter, but in an Alzheimer induced haze, accidentally bought one of these instead.

I've been tempted to booby trap them for the good of all other road users.

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh

darth cookie posted:

I hate these things.

The only people I've seen riding this thing are guys who are about a million years old who have their trousers pulled up to their nipples, two toned shoes and an illegal helmet. Often they weave across lanes without indicating and brake on clear roads for no reason. I have literally no idea how some of these guys are still alive. I'm pretty sure they went out one day to buy a mobility scooter, but in an Alzheimer induced haze, accidentally bought one of these instead.

And what exactly makes you think I'm not one of those million year old folks with pants pulled up to their nipples (and god I love two-tone shoes!)

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Check your brake lines before you ride. Every time. :D

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh

darth cookie posted:

Check your brake lines before you ride. Every time. :D

Good to know :)

You might be glad to know that I am doing the world a favour and replacing the scooter with a proper motorcycle. Updates once I actually get it :)

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

That style of scooter is pretty prominent here in Korea. Next time I see them I need to get pics as they add all kinds of underlighting and giant sound systems, it's actually pretty rad.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm not anti-scooter but I don't get those things. They defeat the purpose of a scooter. They're not step-through, they're not light, they're not small, you can't park them really easily. It's just a small motorcycle with a CVT. Biggest scooter I can see working is a Vespa GT.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

darth cookie posted:

I hate these things.

What're you riding?

unbuttonedclone
Dec 30, 2008
Yep old people who can't lift their leg high enough or do the horse-mount on their motorcycle shouldn't have an option.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

nsaP posted:

What're you riding?

Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (or a SuperHawk, depending on which part of the world you're in)

thylacine posted:

Yep old people who can't lift their leg high enough or do the horse-mount on their motorcycle shouldn't have an option.

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Most old people shouldn't be driving a car, let alone riding a bike. If you have the will and the mental acuity to ride a scooter safely at that age, you can manage a bike. The number of geriatrics racing 60's deathtraps at the last race meeting I went to seemed to reinforce this. They were doing 4 lap races because everyone would get really sore if it went on longer than that, and they all climbed off holding their backs and limping :unsmith: