Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

What server are you guys on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Server is Deepwood

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

All these goddamn books need more descriptions of boobies in them!
So I am planning on getting this game and subbing for the first few months, I see on the first page there is some sort of refer a friend option that someone could benefit from is I do sub? Any details?

This game looks like it has all the customization in builds that I wanted from ESO, and much less clutter and surprisingly better graphics.

Also do you guys see this game being around for a while? The Russian and Chinese versions have shut down. Which worries me if i plan on sinking time into it.

Mrfreezewarning fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Feb 8, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Mr.Drf posted:

So I am planning on getting this game and subbing for the first few months, I see on the first page there is some sort of refer a friend option that someone could benefit from is I do sub? Any details?

This game looks like it has all the customization in builds that I wanted from ESO, and much less clutter and surprisingly better graphics.

Also do you guys see this game being around for a while? The Russian and Chinese versions have shut down. Which worries me if i plan on sinking time into it.

I think the game will be around for plenty of time, years to come at least. Just click this link and apply the code and I can ascend-a-friend you.

AVeryLargeRadish fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 8, 2014

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The game is coming up on it's 3rd anniversary, so it has the usual lulls in activity between patches that you would expect. 2.6 is coming soon and will have a ton of stuff, and 3.0 expansion will be sometime this year.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
Whoops, joined before posting, friend said I could, sorry. Name is Ragabliit.

ToastiestToast
May 21, 2007
Giving this a shot, name is ToastiestToast

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I think the game will be around for plenty of time, years to come at least. Just click this link and apply the code and I can ascend-a-friend you.

I think I did it correctly. I am pretty excited. Been watching videos and it all seems pretty exciting. Better than WoW game play wise, and I like the soul system. just need to make it through the download.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I just hit level 60 today.

Now what? Should I continue down the story line quests and finish up all the zones, or should I start hitting other stuff?

I am playing fairly sporadically right now, so won't be able to do much in the way of scheduled raids and the like due to other time commitments.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Mr.Drf posted:

I think I did it correctly. I am pretty excited. Been watching videos and it all seems pretty exciting. Better than WoW game play wise, and I like the soul system. just need to make it through the download.

Yeah, you show up on my list so it did work. Welcome to Rift. :)

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

The Locator posted:

So I just hit level 60 today.

Now what? Should I continue down the story line quests and finish up all the zones, or should I start hitting other stuff?

I am playing fairly sporadically right now, so won't be able to do much in the way of scheduled raids and the like due to other time commitments.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/rift-guides-strategies/410431-one-level-60-guide.html

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Thanks, will read that when I get back from dinner.

ya got moxie kid!
Apr 22, 2006
what
Lets see how this goes: in as Seafooddinner.

Persh
Sep 26, 2007

Do you see it?
In as Aeradeux :dukedog:

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

In as Zurian.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Lumbs posted:

Lets see how this goes: in as Seafooddinner.
You should reroll as Fishfordinner and confuse everyone.

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008
Transferred as Rargphlam. I stopped playing a while ago, basically right when Ember Isle was released. Should I do Ember Isle or just go to the new Storm Legion zones? Also, did they make the Storm Legion souls free? I couldn't find them in the store.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Storm Legion souls are under 'services' in the store window.

Ember isle unfortunately while pretty and has lots to do, is completely overshadowed by Storm Legion because storm legion's gear is level 51-60 gear while ember isle retains its lovely (relative to what you could get for the same time and effort in storm legion) loot and exp.

I suggest going to Storm Legion as soon as you can handle the mobs there, sometime between level 48 and 50. If you go to "Tulan" in cape jule (I think) there are a few starter quests giving mega experience points that don't involve much killing. One is as easy as targetting 8 or 10 turtle critters and pressing a button, then getting 100k exp before patron/exp potion bonuses. There's also a "get to know tempest bay!" quest in tempest bay that's super easy for a lot of exp as well.

venom254
Mar 17, 2008
In as Stephaz :chord:

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

***** G E A R A T H O N *****

T1 raids Sunday nights 9 EST 6pm server.

That's now.

Login, let's go. Get gear.

T2 10 mans after if we have enough.

Decairn fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 10, 2014

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Does the leveling rate still hit a wall once you get to storm legion, in comparison to 1-59 instant adventure land at least.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

:siren:Schedule Update:siren:

First, apologies! I don't think that we advertised this very much but we have tentatively decided on a change-up to some things. This was put on the Guild Wall but nobody reads that so hopefully it'll go on the MOTD soon.

We will start doing T1 20 man 'Gearathons' on Sunday evenings (same time as always) followed by a T2 10 man to get a solid second GA group going.

During the week Wed/Mon we will be trying to work on T2 20 man progression.

For T1 10 mans I would highly encourage everybody to organize those yourself to supplement your gear and get tokens- there have been several pretty regular groups running it seems like on the weekend and during the week.

I think this will help attendance during the week for our veteran members and is a very good opportunity for our newer members to have a clear time to show up and get loot. I'm also hoping that those of us completely decked out in T2 already will still show up to help out Sundays and get that sweet, sweet raid currency.

Of course all of this is subject to people showing up and being ready!

Thanks folks!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Still looking for a guild invite as Karkus.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Murvin posted:

We will start doing T1 20 man 'Gearathons' on Sunday evenings (same time as always) followed by a T2 10 man to get a solid second GA group going.

For T1 10 mans I would highly encourage everybody to organize those yourself to supplement your gear and get tokens- there have been several pretty regular groups running it seems like on the weekend and during the week.

What sort of gear level should a new level 60 be at to start doing T1 raids?

Reference: I'm Harbinger/Chloro spec (so DPS), and without popping Empryian thingie, on an elite level 60 single target that doesn't move around much I come in at about 5k~5.4k sustained DPS and 250'ish HPS without punching bloom. 385 hit I think.

I'm soloing Hive Kaaz'Gfuu: Queens Gambit, but the last boss is touch and go since the big explosion thing does about the same damage as I have health, so if I miss LOS'ing it and I'm not topped off.. bam.

I've never grouped in the game other than rifts and invasions/events, and have no alternate builds set up at all.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

The Locator posted:

What sort of gear level should a new level 60 be at to start doing T1 raids?

Reference: I'm Harbinger/Chloro spec (so DPS), and without popping Empryian thingie, on an elite level 60 single target that doesn't move around much I come in at about 5k~5.4k sustained DPS and 250'ish HPS without punching bloom. 385 hit I think.

I'm soloing Hive Kaaz'Gfuu: Queens Gambit, but the last boss is touch and go since the big explosion thing does about the same damage as I have health, so if I miss LOS'ing it and I'm not topped off.. bam.

I've never grouped in the game other than rifts and invasions/events, and have no alternate builds set up at all.

You'll need 420 hit, though for gearathong we can probably take a couple people with 380 so they can get gear/FES. If we have enough T2 raiders to help for it it matters even less, and the goal is to get new people ready for T2.

If it's not a carry situation you definitely need 420 hit and 10k+ DPS.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

necrotic posted:

You'll need 420 hit, though for gearathong we can probably take a couple people with 380 so they can get gear/FES. If we have enough T2 raiders to help for it it matters even less, and the goal is to get new people ready for T2.

If it's not a carry situation you definitely need 420 hit and 10k+ DPS.

Good luck bringing 380 hit people to a gearathon when the majority of the players don't know the fights or are also expert/t1 geared. It's one thing to carry a person or two on a normal raid with our normal raiders, it's different to carry those people on an off night raid.

Have 420 hit, vials, whetstones/powerstones, and some idea of how to do raids/fights in this game. Also come with multiple different rolls.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
If you do less dps than my warrior you're doing it wrong :colbert:.

That said, I can probably show up on the warrior on the cleric for these things (probably never the cleric for EE though), albeit I'll gladly sit for people who actually need gear. I'm pretty good at those tier one fights!

Zoness fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 10, 2014

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

Loving it so far as a rogue, Having trouble finding a second character I like, and the fact I can only have two characters is really making me mad. Can I really switch my souls around later? Like turn my assassination rogue into a tank, or whatever the hunter build is called? I am confused by the soul system.

Still waiting on an invite, but I will keep trying.

If anyone had any recommendations on what I should buy first from the Rift store I would be glad to hear it.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Mr.Drf posted:

Loving it so far as a rogue, Having trouble finding a second character I like, and the fact I can only have two characters is really making me mad. Can I really switch my souls around later? Like turn my assassination rogue into a tank, or whatever the hunter build is called? I am confused by the soul system.

Yes, you have many different "roles" you can fill out with different soul combos. The cost for each role slot scales up to a maximum of 900p (you can also pay with credits) and you can have up to like... 20? I dunno, a lot. They start out pretty cheap, though.

Roles are soul combinations (pick 3 souls, fill out trees) that can vary pretty wildly. It's one of my favorite aspects of this game.

quote:

If anyone had any recommendations on what I should buy first from the Rift store I would be glad to hear it.

SL Souls and a mount (buying a mount with credits is more cost effective than plat, something like 20-30% cheaper).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

By mount he means one of the 150% mounts that would cost 1k plat at 60

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
I am totally looking forward to RNG runes loving me in the rear end repeatedly, who's with me?

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

deimos posted:

I am totally looking forward to RNG runes loving me in the rear end repeatedly, who's with me?

Does anyone know how they are crafted? What gathering professions are needed? Can someone give me a REX so I can buy another profession slot? I don't know whether I should dump my meager coffers into getting the BiS seal or REX to get a new profession slot for the new profession.

do u believe in marigolds fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 10, 2014

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Oraculum Animi posted:

Does anyone know how they are crafted? What gathering professions are needed? Can someone give me a REX so I can buy another profession slot? I don't know whether I should dump my meager coffers into getting the BiS seal or REX to get a new profession slot for the new profession.

You break down artifacts to get the prime matter (ribbons) for it. The higher end ones take ribbons and corruscating shards.

Each orb has a 5% chance of being the BiS you want/need and a 20% chance of actually being useful.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Artifacts? Oh nice, so the great artifact boom of 2014 is about to begin. Glad im stocking up!

edit: here is a nice guide to dreamweaving, courtesy of the pts forum http://riftgrate.com/2014/02/09/guide-dream-weaving-craft-profession/

Murvin fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 11, 2014

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

You guys in this thread are freaking awesome, but getting a guild invite is like pulling teeth.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Mr.Drf posted:

You guys in this thread are freaking awesome, but getting a guild invite is like pulling teeth.

If you don't have one by the time I get home I'll throw one your way.

Also check your mail, it may be waiting for you.

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

necrotic posted:

If you don't have one by the time I get home I'll throw one your way.

Also check your mail, it may be waiting for you.

Sweet.I Had to go to class, so I bet it is. Thanks!

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

The Locator posted:

Mage builds for raids. Look on Rift mage guides forum for:

Necro 61
Harbinger 61
Chloro 61
Pyro 61
Warlock 61
Pyrochon pyro/archon hybrid thingy
Harbchon harbinger/archon hybrid thingy

Make sure you have 1 range DPS spec because sometimes you just have to be ranged. Necro is probably the easiest to pick up and most versatile to put out consistent numbers. Melee whatever harbinger 61 you like, not what you leveled with. The other specs are just options really.

And get 420 hit. Link to craftables to get there on first page of thread I think.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
We used to post about when we invited people but now we just kinda do it. Sometimes we forget to remind you to check your mail (I think I invited you sunday sometime, maybe) edit: mr. drf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Decairn posted:

And get 420 hit. Link to craftables to get there on first page of thread I think.

Got to 410 hit tonight, so getting there.

• Locked thread