Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
It's so warm in Sochi the snow is melting. What a surprise.

I finally got into Key & Peele, based mostly on Peele's recent appearance on Kroll Show. I am ashamed it took me so long to check it out, as it is awesome.

And I just learned Nick Kroll is dating Amy Poehler. Good for them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VorpalBunny posted:

Dude the opening ceremonies this year were amazing and insane, shame they cost 51 billion dollars. :haw:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

VorpalBunny posted:

That's probably not God's idea of an epic practical joke on the Northeastern United States, but it would make sense.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

VorpalBunny posted:

I finally got into Key & Peele, based mostly on Peele's recent appearance on Kroll Show. I am ashamed it took me so long to check it out, as it is awesome.

And I just learned Nick Kroll is dating Amy Poehler. Good for them!

That's certainly trading down from Will Arnett though, goddamn.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nick Kroll can be hysterical on The League. Not on his own show though. I'd say he's a step up from the guy that basically just plays Gob in everything.

And apparently Fred Armisen is the new band leader for Seth Meyer's late night show? He's not bad either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecYLXfpAz9s

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Horse eBooks being viral marketing for a browser game, goatse.cx shilling for bitcoins, now Dumb Starbucks...can't one strange, weird thing exist without being an ad for something? :sigh:

At least you'll always have Time Cube.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

VorpalBunny posted:

Oh good, now the thousands of wild dogs will have some fresh water to drink. :3:

Sadly, the reporters still get yellow poison water that "do not use on face, is dangerous."

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hteD4OrSf4

Kumail Nanjiani and TJ Miller are just terrible, but I'll give Judge benefit of the doubt.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

soapgish posted:

Teaser for Mike Judge's upcoming SILICON VALLEY on HBO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hteD4OrSf4

Kumail Nanjiani and TJ Miller are just terrible, but I'll give Judge benefit of the doubt.

That's funny, I was just about to say Mike Judge sucks, but I'll give Kumail Nanjiani the benefit of the doubt.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CaptainHollywood posted:

Finally some more info on season 2. The only other idea I've read about is:

If it takes one maid 4 hours to clean a two bedroom house, and two maids two hours-- Nathan theorizes it should take 40 maids 7 minutes to clean a house and puts his plan into action.

Did some Googling on Dumb Starbucks (which I haven't heard about until now)

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/dumb-starbucks-coffee-shop-linked-to-cult-comedy-duo-tim-and-eric-1.1679301

Ever since his twitter pranks I wouldn't be surprised if Season 2 is a moderate success

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo_deCOd1HU

This is groundbreaking.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
edit: ^^^^ Ahahaha, "Dumb Nora Jones Duets". Nathan is a gem.

Mu Zeta posted:

Nick Kroll can be hysterical on The League. Not on his own show though.

Yeah his show is just so... annoying. The characters he does make Ruxin look like a paragon of subtlety.

precision fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 11, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CaptainHollywood posted:

Finally some more info on season 2. The only other idea I've read about is:

If it takes one maid 4 hours to clean a two bedroom house, and two maids two hours-- Nathan theorizes it should take 40 maids 7 minutes to clean a house and puts his plan into action.

Did some Googling on Dumb Starbucks (which I haven't heard about until now)

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/dumb-starbucks-coffee-shop-linked-to-cult-comedy-duo-tim-and-eric-1.1679301

Ever since his twitter pranks I wouldn't be surprised if Season 2 is a moderate success

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo_deCOd1HU

Oh my God. This is amazing. I can't wait for his show to come back.

Also if Dumb Starbucks actually holds up as legal, this is going to open some hilarious floodgates.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Kind of forgot how good Battlestar Galactica was. Even better on rewatch when you can skip some of the soap opera melodrama.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mo0 posted:

That's funny, I was just about to say Mike Judge sucks, but I'll give Kumail Nanjiani the benefit of the doubt.

I could go for an Office Space-era Mike Judge's take on silicon valley, but I have no faith in Goode Family/Extract/InfoWars Judge.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Deadpool posted:

Also if Dumb Starbucks actually holds up as legal, this is going to open some hilarious floodgates.

It's a win-win, because if Starbucks actually pursues legal action against him they'll end up looking incredibly...

...dumb.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

As far as English language versions of the bridge go, did people feel The Tunnel (The British/French one) or The Bridge (The American/Mexican one) was better? Do they basically tell the same story or can you watch both?

The original version isn't available with english subtitles is it?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

LibbyM posted:

The original version isn't available with english subtitles is it?

As a matter of fact it's on Hulu+.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I just finished the last 3 episodes of The Bridge the other day and I don't think I'll be coming back for season 2. The finale was unsatisfying, and the overall feel of the show was the definition of plodding. The only good thing I'll say about it is that Matthew Lillard gave a surprisingly good performance throughout.

No idea why the gently caress they thought they needed two Ted Levines either.

Not a Twat
Oct 11, 2010

Oops you almost got away without your Diddy
The original Danish/Swedish version of The Bridge is fantastic and the only reason to not watch it is if you can't handle subtitles.

The first series is on Netflix in the UK, which Americans might be able to get access to with fancy VPN shenanigans.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Nick Kroll can be hysterical on The League. Not on his own show though. I'd say he's a step up from the guy that basically just plays Gob in everything.

He probably meant looks.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Comedy Central Half-Hour lineup for 2014:

· Adam Newman
· Barry Rothbart
· Chris Distefano
· Chris Gethard
· Damien Lemon
· Fortune Feimster
· Joe Wengert
· Joe Zimmerman
· Kurt Braunohler
· Mark Normand
· Michael Che
· Rachel Feinstein
· Ron Funches
· Tommy Johnagin
· Yannis Pappas

Awesome.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Deadpool posted:

So you're hooked before it even gets good and when Anna Torv is pretty terrible? Interesting.

I've said this before, but after a recent re-watch, I think it was a good show straight from the first episode. Not OH MY GOD good. But hmmm, good acting, nice cinematography, interesting dialogue, and first class set design and concepts good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think the problem with watching the first season for the first time, at least for me, is that it didn't do a lot to distinguish itself from the X-files. In retrospect it's obviously a completely different show, but on first watch it seems to be an inferior clone to a beloved show.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
21st century X-Files knockoff is just fine with me.

I'm going to start "In Which We Meet Mr. Jones" when I get back from the doctor, later this afternoon. I've heard that's a pretty pivotal episode.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

escape artist posted:

This is just a problem I had when watching it live for the first time. I watched a few and thought "feh" but a couple of seasons later after it was getting a bunch of praise I went back and watched to and liked it a lot :). It's really not an X-files knockoff.

Also TWD beat Olympics coverage on Sunday because that show is crazy popular.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

escape artist posted:

I'm going to start "In Which We Meet Mr. Jones" when I get back from the doctor, later this afternoon. I've heard that's a pretty pivotal episode.

He's the Omar of Fringe.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is me all week:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

He probably meant looks.

Well yeah because Nick Kroll looks like a goblin, but even if that weren't a factor I think I'd rather take all Gob all the time versus most of the things I've seen Kroll in.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

escape artist posted:

Please keep posting your reactions. It's amazing to watch people peel through the onion that is Fringe (meant in the best possible way). :allears:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

This is me all week:

This made me go and check and everything I watch tonight is airing, as well as everything the night after (by which I mean one thing, Broad City), but then there's NOTHING at all Thursday night. Thank god House of Cards s2 goes up the next morning so I'll have something to keep me busy.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

Thwomp posted:

Please keep posting your reactions. It's amazing to watch people peel through the onion that is Fringe (meant in the best possible way). :allears:

A riddle wrapped in an enigma tied up in a Red Vine dipped in a milkshake.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stephen Colbert and KitH's Scott Thompson have teamed up to have Buddy Cole to cover Sochi.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Thwomp posted:

I will. I'm always the same way whenever somebody stars Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Hannibal, etc. Wanting to vicariously live it for the first time again.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

escape artist posted:

I will. I'm always the same way whenever somebody stars Breaking Bad, Sopranos, The Wire, The Shield, Hannibal, etc. Wanting to vicariously live it for the first time again.

I have yet to watch any of those shows except for The Sopranos, so I'll be sure to post my reactions when I work my way up to them. I've recently started watching episodes of shows on Netflix while I work out and I have no idea why I never thought of it before.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
I'm completely psyched about the remastering of the X-Files on BluRay.
http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-x-files-gets-hd-makeover.html
And T-minus 17 days for Season 2 of Hannibal. Fuller, genius. He, being so in touch with his fanbase, also retweeted my 150 gif stockpile for Season 1.
So looking forward to giffing S2. So beautiful.. so.. "purple operatic." I'm just disappointed in the internet minting of the term Swiggity Swag the Nightmare Stag. I believe part of that is from Adventure Time? Augh. Shame.

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 12, 2014

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Is anything besides Psych that's on USA or coming to USA worth watching? Monk was fun and Psych took off right as Monk stopped being fun, so it's just weird for me to think that all I'm going to be watching on USA soon is SVU reruns when there's nothing else on.

Although judging by how much airtime they give SVU, that's something they're hoping I'll do.

e: I enjoy a good hourly procedural, if mentioning Monk, Psych, and SVU didn't give that away.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
If you haven't checked it out yet, Suits does "Impossibly pretty people throw impossibly witty zingers at each other" better than most of the other USA shows. It helps that the dialogue is legitimately funny rather than just being lazy pop culture reference spam, and the characters are really fun and surprisingly fleshed out by the third season.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If you haven't seen Nathan for You, it appears that the popularity of Dumb Starbucks has led Comedy Central to put the whole first season up on its website. If you need one episode to sell you on the show, I would recommend episode 3 ("Gas Station/Caricature Artist"), as the ending of that particular episode is possibly the most insane real thing to air on television last year.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

VDay posted:

If you haven't checked it out yet, Suits does "Impossibly pretty people throw impossibly witty zingers at each other" better than most of the other USA shows. It helps that the dialogue is legitimately funny rather than just being lazy pop culture reference spam, and the characters are really fun and surprisingly fleshed out by the third season.

Yeah, I was never a huge fan of Monk or Psych but Suits is pretty eminently watchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

precision posted:

Yeah, I was never a huge fan of Monk or Psych but Suits is pretty eminently watchable.
I wish I could get Litt up again for the first time.

• Locked thread