Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!
This video is short, sweet, and helpful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfIx-jcUEak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Spookydonut posted:

Any advice on stick handling? I was trying to saucer pass the puck today but felt like I was going to wrench my shoulder of my catcher arm trying to put any power into it. I also struggled to get any sort of grip on the stick with my catcher, made any attempts at using my backhand impossible.

Also my stick hand kinda hurts/cramps from gripping the stick, am I gripping it too hard? Is it the cold? Is it the glove on my blocker? Or do I need to work on my grip strength?

How are you gripping it? Have you tried the Turco grip? One thing I did was shorten my stick a bit so it was easier to grab the end of the stick vs having it be too long and awkward.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

That's pretty excellent, thanks! I'm definitely trying to play it when it's too far away from my body.

titanium posted:

How are you gripping it? Have you tried the Turco grip? One thing I did was shorten my stick a bit so it was easier to grab the end of the stick vs having it be too long and awkward.

I'll definitely give the Turco Grip a go, it looks like that might help.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Spookydonut posted:

That's pretty excellent, thanks! I'm definitely trying to play it when it's too far away from my body.

I had the same problems. I seem to fall into bad habits alot though.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

titanium posted:

Blackfriday shopped the pads+ blocker....now I get to wait 8-10weeks Q_Q

So I take it Rod let you know the news on the extreme delay? They won't be shipping anything until April 7th at the earliest. At that point,
every store will get half of their initial orders, with the other half being delivered May 30th but you do get $200 wholesale credit with Warrior.

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3
Tuesdays, I'm doing a hockey camp/class where I'm the only goalie, so it's an hour of non-stop drills, then a half hour of scrimmage. That's cool and all, but by the time I play on Thursday, I'm still a wreck. What can I do to recover faster besides not being 35? I drink a blender bottle of protein, but was hoping there was something more I could do.

and what's going on with the Warrior delays?

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

nahanahs posted:

Tuesdays, I'm doing a hockey camp/class where I'm the only goalie, so it's an hour of non-stop drills, then a half hour of scrimmage. That's cool and all, but by the time I play on Thursday, I'm still a wreck. What can I do to recover faster besides not being 35? I drink a blender bottle of protein, but was hoping there was something more I could do.

and what's going on with the Warrior delays?

Don't get old and do some cross training cardio.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

nahanahs posted:

At the very top level - Drink more water and get carbs on after you finish. If you're feeling lethargic after 2 days its generally down to the fact you sweat a poo poo ton on your Tuesday session and your body isn't replenishing the lost salts and minerals you lost from that workload.

On a more detailed level

Tuesday: Have something carby when you get off the ice (Beer!) followed by your protein shake shortly after. Beer jokes aside, I have a banana and 1/4 bottle of gatorade as I'm getting changed. Protein shake immediately when I get home followed by a combination of Pasta/Baked Potato/Wholemeal Toast and Chicken/Salmon/Omlette with a good salad. Drink plenty of water the rest of the evening to get yourself re-hydrated.

Wednesday daytime, keep taking on board as much water as you can - can't stress how important fluid is to your general recovery. After work or when you have time do 20 mins on the bike or something that gets you moving followed by stretching and foam roller the poo poo out of your legs, hips, back etc. The goal here is to get your blood pumping through your muscles again and shift any lactic acid that may still be present from Tuesday night.

Go carb heavy for your Wednesday night meal, Thursday lunch and something lighter before your game to build up the glycogen stores in your muscles ready to go again.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Also hGh definitely works really well.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Cross posting this here from the Sochi thread;

Is she nuts for not having a neck guard? I noticed it while watching the game and cringed.

Edit: Another

Spookydonut fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 8, 2014

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
It sucks to hear about the delays with Warrior's new pads. Hopefully, those will get resolved soon for you guys. I'm starting to look at new pads a little more seriously now. I still like the Sub-Zero 2s a lot, but there's part of me that thinks that the G-Netiks may be a better fit. I've read a little on the Vaughn 2000s, which seem interesting and I haven't seen much on the RBK XLTs yet. I can order pads whenever now, so it's just a matter of finally figuring out what I want.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
So I think my knee is finally ready to play net again. However I want to try some hybrid or softer pads that are more flexible. I was looking at the Bauer Reactor 2000 cause they were cheap and they seem supple. Anyone have other suggestions? Right now I am using Simmons 996.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Surfing Turtle posted:

So I think my knee is finally ready to play net again. However I want to try some hybrid or softer pads that are more flexible. I was looking at the Bauer Reactor 2000 cause they were cheap and they seem supple. Anyone have other suggestions? Right now I am using Simmons 996.

It is good to hear that you are ready to get back in net. Injuries are frustrating, but it is very rewarding to overcome your injuries and be able to do what you love again. If you're looking to keep cost down, then I'd suggest taking a look at the Vaughn LT80s and Brians G-Netik 5.0s. Both are flexible pads and should work well especially if you lost range of motion due to injuries.

I actually went to the goalie store today and tried on pads for about an hour. I tried on the Brians Sub-Zero IIs and G-Netiks. I went in there wanting the Sub-Zero IIs, but the more I messed around with them, the more I had to accept that they were too stiff and just not the right style of pad for me. I then tried on the G-Netiks and they were super comfortable, they felt like they were part of my legs, and the top of the pad was much more flexible and did a good job of sealing the 5-hole even when I went into a narrow butterfly. I'm in the process of ordering G-Netik leg pads and I'm going to go with the vintage graphic (probably in Swedish colors) and I am going to request the Sub-Zero II style calf strap that runs through the calf-guard instead of the nylon buckle that they use on the G-Netiks. I should know about the lead time and price tomorrow and hopefully, Randy, will be able to get me a discount.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Aniki posted:

It is good to hear that you are ready to get back in net. Injuries are frustrating, but it is very rewarding to overcome your injuries and be able to do what you love again. If you're looking to keep cost down, then I'd suggest taking a look at the Vaughn LT80s and Brians G-Netik 5.0s. Both are flexible pads and should work well especially if you lost range of motion due to injuries.

I actually went to the goalie store today and tried on pads for about an hour. I tried on the Brians Sub-Zero IIs and G-Netiks. I went in there wanting the Sub-Zero IIs, but the more I messed around with them, the more I had to accept that they were too stiff and just not the right style of pad for me. I then tried on the G-Netiks and they were super comfortable, they felt like they were part of my legs, and the top of the pad was much more flexible and did a good job of sealing the 5-hole even when I went into a narrow butterfly. I'm in the process of ordering G-Netik leg pads and I'm going to go with the vintage graphic (probably in Swedish colors) and I am going to request the Sub-Zero II style calf strap that runs through the calf-guard instead of the nylon buckle that they use on the G-Netiks. I should know about the lead time and price tomorrow and hopefully, Randy, will be able to get me a discount.

Awesome I will take a look into it. I def want to go with a softer pad just so there is more give as well. I would love to stay with my Simmons cause they're really nice but they're probably too stiff for me at this point.

Anyone try Larceny's and are they soft or stiff?

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Surfing Turtle posted:

Awesome I will take a look into it. I def want to go with a softer pad just so there is more give as well. I would love to stay with my Simmons cause they're really nice but they're probably too stiff for me at this point.

Anyone try Larceny's and are they soft or stiff?

I believe that Joey Walnuts has the Larceny pads. They were were replaced by the CCM pads, so you may want to take a look at the CCM 500 pads too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Four games in net today. I don't even remember any of them.

Chaos Reigns.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Spookydonut posted:

Cross posting this here from the Sochi thread;

Is she nuts for not having a neck guard? I noticed it while watching the game and cringed.

Edit: Another

I don't have any throat protection. I'm kinda crazy.

Also, about 30-40% or so of the way into the season for me, and my teams are doing well, and I'm putting up some solid numbers personally. Had a nice 6-2 win tonight after not playing for almost 2 weeks (time off plus a cold). Made an amazing 3 save combo on a 5-3 PK which ended in a ridiculous glove save, the ref even says to my dman as he collects the puck, "how the hell did he just do that!?" May have been only my mid-level team, but felt pretty good. :cool:

Next game is against a pretty tough team in my higher conference that we're fighting for playoff position with, then Sunday, my team tonight faces the other undefeated team (we're 4-0, they're 5-0), could have a long effect on first place.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
My knees were really sore from trying on pads today, so I ended up icing them this afternoon. I was still feeling sore before my game, but I was finally able to get my mind off of the pain once the game started. I ended up playing really well and we won 3-1. I stopped 5 breakaways, it's amazing the difference keeping your head up makes on those plays, and around 30-35 shots. The only goal I gave in was a puck that bounced off of the wrist guard of my trapper and into the net. My glove was in the right spot, but it was angled wrong, which allowed the bounce over. Overall, I really played well and skated a lot better I expected to given how much my knees were hurting.

I'm thinking about using a Swedish color scheme with my new pads, what do you guys think of these three color schemes? My gloves are all white for what it's worth, but they should go with any color scheme.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
It looks like the upload may not have worked.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

First or third for me - though to be honest each set looks gorgeous.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Personally I like the 3rd.

I'm getting really antsy not playing in net after tweaking my MCL. I've gone back to playing out and it feels ok but if I attempt to get into the butterfly it instantly shoots pain up my leg and I'm not about to blow out my MCL.

But dammit I got new pants and I want to try them out. Plus I heard my rookie level team I play in net for is going to play in Amway before a Solar Bears game and it really, really loving pains me that I'm not going to get in net then.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I think I am going to go with the Bauer Reactor 2000s since they are really cheap. So if they suck I didn't spend a whole lot and if they're nice and soft it's a bargain. I am only going to play maybe once a week or every 2 weeks right now while I test my knee out. I don't see a reason to spend too much money in case my knee decides to hate goal tending again.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Need to get new pads and skates :/

I think a lot of the problems I'm having with lateral movement both standing and sliding are from trying to use player skates. Also I keep getting massive bruises on my knees from the pads being a bit too short.

I was looking at the Reebok 14K pads, not sure if they'd be too stiff though? Or is that something I'd probably not notice until I had a lot more time in the net?

Also because :bauer: (won't ship to Australia and their Australian distributor has a very, very limited range) I'm looking at the Reebok goalie skates and trying to figure out how different the sizes are going to be. I've got a set of bauer 10EE skates and I know for sure I probably don't need more than an E and there's a bunch of toe room, probably better with a 9.5 or 9. But then apparently Reebok skates are a little bit bigger and wider than bauer, anyone able to shed more light on this?

I did read somewhere though it's recommended to go a little bit bigger for when you get hit in the toe?

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

real_scud posted:

Personally I like the 3rd.

I'm getting really antsy not playing in net after tweaking my MCL. I've gone back to playing out and it feels ok but if I attempt to get into the butterfly it instantly shoots pain up my leg and I'm not about to blow out my MCL.

But dammit I got new pants and I want to try them out. Plus I heard my rookie level team I play in net for is going to play in Amway before a Solar Bears game and it really, really loving pains me that I'm not going to get in net then.

I'm sorry to hear about your knee. MCL injuries are tough for goalies, because when you butterfly and extend your leg out, your MCL is at or near full extension and those last few degrees of range of motion take longer to heal, so it isn't surprising that you are able to skate out, but can't butterfly without pain yet. It took me about 8-12 weeks with physical therapy 3 times per week to recover to the point where I could butterfly again and once I returned to playing, I had to wear a hinged knee brace for the first 2-3 months.

I did manage to make a full recovery from both injuries and physical therapy really helped me. It changed how I trained and they were able to address weaknesses in my legs and strengthen them to help take pressure off of my MCL. I think the hardest part for me has been the mental side. Butterflying came back pretty naturally once I started facing shots again, but I've definitely had issues with hesitating to put myself in positions where I could get hit or run into. I've gotten better about that as time goes on and I have taken a couple hard collisions without re-injuring myself, but I do notice when I hesitate on plays.

As for the pad colors, I do like the 3rd scheme the best, but there is some part of me that really likes the first scheme (blue base).

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Spookydonut posted:

Need to get new pads and skates :/

I think a lot of the problems I'm having with lateral movement both standing and sliding are from trying to use player skates. Also I keep getting massive bruises on my knees from the pads being a bit too short.

I was looking at the Reebok 14K pads, not sure if they'd be too stiff though? Or is that something I'd probably not notice until I had a lot more time in the net?

Also because :bauer: (won't ship to Australia and their Australian distributor has a very, very limited range) I'm looking at the Reebok goalie skates and trying to figure out how different the sizes are going to be. I've got a set of bauer 10EE skates and I know for sure I probably don't need more than an E and there's a bunch of toe room, probably better with a 9.5 or 9. But then apparently Reebok skates are a little bit bigger and wider than bauer, anyone able to shed more light on this?

I did read somewhere though it's recommended to go a little bit bigger for when you get hit in the toe?

Goalie skates will help a lot. Much better protection and they are designed for the type of movements that you do on ice. As for pads, stiffness is something to consider, but you can adapt to any type of pad, so it may just take you a little more time to get used to playing a stiffer pad. The 14Ks should be pretty flexible, so you shouldn't have too many issues with them and honestly, your priority right now should just be getting into something that doesn't leave your knees covered in bruises every time you go out.

Let me know if you have any questions about pad size. It can get tricky, but we'll guide you as best as we can.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Aniki posted:

Goalie skates will help a lot. Much better protection and they are designed for the type of movements that you do on ice. As for pads, stiffness is something to consider, but you can adapt to any type of pad, so it may just take you a little more time to get used to playing a stiffer pad. The 14Ks should be pretty flexible, so you shouldn't have too many issues with them and honestly, your priority right now should just be getting into something that doesn't leave your knees covered in bruises every time you go out.

Let me know if you have any questions about pad size. It can get tricky, but we'll guide you as best as we can.

According to sizing chart I should get 33" (~5'10", FTK 19.5"), but I might play it safer and get 34". Then it's a question of +1 or +2.

Do colours make a difference, like is white harder to see for the players making shots? Is dazzle camouflage legal?

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Spookydonut posted:

According to sizing chart I should get 33" (~5'10", FTK 19.5"), but I might play it safer and get 34". Then it's a question of +1 or +2.

Do colours make a difference, like is white harder to see for the players making shots? Is dazzle camouflage legal?

I would err on the side of caution and go with a 34" pad in your situation. You can adapt pretty easily if a pad is a bit too big, but if it's too small, then it will create problems. Also, if you wear knee pads then that will allow you to play with a bit bigger pad, since it would effectively add .5-1" to your FTK. As for +1 or +2. The +2 would make it easier to close your 5-hole consistently, but it could interfere with your movement. It would be nice if you could try some pads on, but I know that's not possible in your situation.

The advantage/disadvantage of color on pads is a big talking point. People will claim that white pads blend in with the ice/net and make it hard for shooters to find holes. People will claim that yellow pads stand out too much and make it easier for shooters to find gaps and people will claim that black pads will get you more whistles since the puck will blend in with the pad easier and refs will whistle the play dead once they lose track of the puck. There are also some patterns and color combinations that people claim will make a pad look narrower or bigger. Personally, I don't think color is a huge factor one way or the other, but I'm a pure goalie, so maybe guys who skate out and would have a better opinion on whether color makes it harder or easier to find where to shoot.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Oh god my knees. I managed to save one doing a 'starfish' today, was pretty happy with that.

Aniki posted:

The advantage/disadvantage of color on pads is a big talking point. People will claim that white pads blend in with the ice/net and make it hard for shooters to find holes. People will claim that yellow pads stand out too much and make it easier for shooters to find gaps and people will claim that black pads will get you more whistles since the puck will blend in with the pad easier and refs will whistle the play dead once they lose track of the puck. There are also some patterns and color combinations that people claim will make a pad look narrower or bigger. Personally, I don't think color is a huge factor one way or the other, but I'm a pure goalie, so maybe guys who skate out and would have a better opinion on whether color makes it harder or easier to find where to shoot.

I'd tend to agree with you, at the end of the day it comes down to how good you are, no sense worry about the other dude.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Bradf0rd posted:

So I take it Rod let you know the news on the extreme delay? They won't be shipping anything until April 7th at the earliest. At that point,
every store will get half of their initial orders, with the other half being delivered May 30th but you do get $200 wholesale credit with Warrior.

Yeah I'm pretty pissed about it and still think there's something going on thats not being said.

Surfing Turtle you're going to be hard pressed to find something more flexible than a broken in 996, I know Bauer Reactors are supposed to be really flexy but I cant imagine a pad more flexible than the 99X series.

real_scud Dont return to the game pads or not till your MCL is healed up it's bad news and it takes what might be a month off to 6 months of slow or non recovery till you finally buckle.

Aniki I was thinking about getting the Airpac Brians too, I wish I didnt like my Rituals so much and that the new ones didnt look to fix my minor issues with the first version. I've heard they fixed the stiffness issue compared to the ZeroG's but I was asking Rod @ TGC and he said they're still decently stiff. Morality makes me want to buy the Brians but I'm comfortable in my Warriors and will probably suck it up and hate myself for waiting. Hopefully its worth all this horseshit.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

titanium posted:

Aniki I was thinking about getting the Airpac Brians too, I wish I didnt like my Rituals so much and that the new ones didnt look to fix my minor issues with the first version. I've heard they fixed the stiffness issue compared to the ZeroG's but I was asking Rod @ TGC and he said they're still decently stiff. Morality makes me want to buy the Brians but I'm comfortable in my Warriors and will probably suck it up and hate myself for waiting. Hopefully its worth all this horseshit.

I've used the G-Netiks on ice once back in May and when I tried them on at Sunday, they didn't feel anything at all like the ZeroGs. They felt like a natural extension of my legs, the top was flexible, and they were a very comfortable pad. I'm certainly not claiming that they're Velocity soft, but I felt much more comfortable in them than the Sub Zero IIs, which were pads that I really wanted to like. I also find it interesting that the Zero Gs I ordered were effectively 33" +1 (32" +1 w/ a shorter boot), but the G-Netiks that fit me well were 35" +1.

Has there been any word on what is causing the delays with the Warrior G2s? Manufacturing issues, supply shortage, or some problem they found late in testing? Hopefully they resolve their issues soon, because that's BS that they're pushing customs orders back so far.

Aniki fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 11, 2014

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Aniki posted:

I've used the G-Netiks on ice once back in May and when I tried them on at Sunday, they didn't feel anything at all like the ZeroGs. They felt like a natural extension of my legs, the top was flexible, and they were a very comfortable pad. I'm certainly not claiming that they're Velocity soft, but I felt much more comfortable in them than the Sub Zero IIs, which were pads that I really wanted to like. I also find it interesting that the Zero Gs I ordered were effectively 33" +1 (32" +1 w/ a shorter boot), but the G-Netiks that fit me well were 35" +1.

Has there been any word on what is causing the delays with the Warrior G2s? Manufacturing issues, supply shortage, or some problem they found late in testing? Hopefully they resolve their issues soon, because that's BS that they're pushing customs orders back so far.

They claim that people got upset that a rep "wrongly started taking orders" which I'm still suspect of and "some dealers" got upset so they stopped and set a single release date. I'm still guessing someone leveraged their massive Warrior purchasing power to prevent someone else from getting product first and now they're releasing it in big bulk blocks and may have pushed custom orders to the back burner.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Anyone have suggestions on knee/thigh guards? I was given a pair of Vaughn Velocity 79xx(?) knee/thigh guards and I don't really like them. They move around too much and the knee cradle is hard enough that it causes discomfort when hitting the ice in the butterfly (although this might be because it's moving around too much - it's bad either way). I'm wondering if I should just forego them completely and use the thigh wraps that came with my Brian's pads. Either that or buying a set; I've been looking at the Warrior Ritual Pro Knee/Thigh Guard and the Reebok Pro Goalie Knee Protector. The Reeboks look to have a particularly nice cradle for the knee.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm really just looking for something that won't move around too much but more importantly protect my drat knee better when hitting the ice going into the butterfly. The landing gear with no knee protection might be better than what I've currently got going.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

EvilJimmyCarter posted:

Anyone have suggestions on knee/thigh guards? I was given a pair of Vaughn Velocity 79xx(?) knee/thigh guards and I don't really like them. They move around too much and the knee cradle is hard enough that it causes discomfort when hitting the ice in the butterfly (although this might be because it's moving around too much - it's bad either way). I'm wondering if I should just forego them completely and use the thigh wraps that came with my Brian's pads. Either that or buying a set; I've been looking at the Warrior Ritual Pro Knee/Thigh Guard and the Reebok Pro Goalie Knee Protector. The Reeboks look to have a particularly nice cradle for the knee.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm really just looking for something that won't move around too much but more importantly protect my drat knee better when hitting the ice going into the butterfly. The landing gear with no knee protection might be better than what I've currently got going.

I've been happy with the Warrior Ritual knee guards. Good protection, they stay in place, and they don't require tape or anything else extra to keep them in place. There is a new version of the knee pad that is supposed to come out soon, which I assume is subject to the same delays as the Ritual G2 pads, but it may be worth waiting for that depending on what they changed.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
What do you guys think about this color scheme? I'm not sure how well it would go with my all white gloves, but I think this looks pretty good.

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3
Do Maltese combos break in at all? It's very stiff and kind of chokey when I'm in stance.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Aniki posted:

What do you guys think about this color scheme? I'm not sure how well it would go with my all white gloves, but I think this looks pretty good.

I generally don't like pads that are predominantly one color (except white, all white pads look awesome, especially when marked up with pucks). I liked the middle one best from your earlier post so v:shobon:v

I mean they all look pretty cool, whichever design you end up going with will probably look good on the ice.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

EvilJimmyCarter posted:

I generally don't like pads that are predominantly one color (except white, all white pads look awesome, especially when marked up with pucks). I liked the middle one best from your earlier post so v:shobon:v

I mean they all look pretty cool, whichever design you end up going with will probably look good on the ice.

I worry about an all blue pad being too loud or not really matching well with my gloves, so I think that going with a white base probably makes the most sense. I did find out that there is an upcharge to use the vintage graphic, so I'm debating if it's worth the extra money. I'm toying with the stock G-Netik graphic. I could order basically the same pads that Valentina Wallner has or I could add some extra blue to the outer roll of the pad. I also need to double check if Swedish goalies use royal blue or navy, since the blue looks darker on some of their pads.

I think this part of why all white or all black pads are appealing. They match everything and it is easier than figuring out a color combination.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Yeah I ended up getting the Brian's S-Series pads with matching glove and blocker (which I believe is just the cheaper/off-shore version of the G-Netik) and I went with all white. They go with every jersey/stick/etc I have and look dope as hell. Wallner's pads look good, if not a little boring. They're not Brian's but Lundqvist's Olympic pads/glove/blocker look great and have a design I would likely go for if I wanted Swedish colors (and Bauer pads).

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Friend has these:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Zip! posted:

Friend has these: