Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
So, I'm playing Tale of Two Wastelands, and Brotherhood Outcasts now look like this:

I'm using Book of Steel, so I'm assuming that has something to do with this weirdness, but I don't know how exactly. Anybody have any ideas as to what I need to delete to fix the Day-Glo Outcasts? Otherwise, it's not a huge deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Is there a mod that adds the GRA items to the levelled lists?

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Rather Dashing posted:

Is there a mod that adds the GRA items to the levelled lists?

Gun Runners Arsenal - The Right to Bear Arms

It's in the OP.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Castomira posted:

So, I'm playing Tale of Two Wastelands, and Brotherhood Outcasts now look like this:

I'm using Book of Steel, so I'm assuming that has something to do with this weirdness, but I don't know how exactly. Anybody have any ideas as to what I need to delete to fix the Day-Glo Outcasts? Otherwise, it's not a huge deal.

Have you tried disabling ENB and seeing if the problem presents itself without it too? Are you using weather mods? Honestly, I doubt A Tale of Two Wastelands has anything to do with it at all.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Have you tried disabling ENB and seeing if the problem presents itself without it too? Are you using weather mods? Honestly, I doubt A Tale of Two Wastelands has anything to do with it at all.
You're right. I turned off ENB and the problem went away, but the problem was never there in the first place for the various TTW-exclusive armors. I looked up Outcasts on Fallout 3 Nexus and apparently this is a problem that exists in the vanilla game. I managed to fix the problem by installing a TTWized version of this retexture and now the problem is gone.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Krowley posted:

It's in the OP.

Urf, I did go through it but missed it, thanks.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Krowley posted:

It's in the OP.

It is a good one, just make sure you read the first tattered note you come across or you'll spend ages looking for the machine that makes the upgrades.

If you don't care, It is in Novac inside Gibsons place!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any recommendations for a good ENB preset for New Vegas? Preferably one that works with Project Reality or one of the weather mods that adds rain.

Vorgimmler
May 7, 2009

Krowley posted:

It's in the OP.

I've tried Right to Bear Arms before and it was okay, but I just recently started playing with the DLC Weapon Integration mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47880/) and I love how well it integrates all DLC weaponry into the leveled lists. It does require the merged esp of the WMX DLC files, but it works very seamlessly so far.

ghana rheya
Dec 26, 2013
I'm continually impressed by the depth and enjoyment I get from replays with different mods. This thread will certainly ensure my fun continues for a drat good while.

Thanks for all the recommendations ITT.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
If any of you are looking for interesting playthroughs, I heartily (with some small degree of bias) recommend attempting a playthrough where you only use and loot weapons and ammo dropped from using TA's leveled lists and do your best to refrain from buying/selling weapons and ammo. poo poo gets really hairy at times and really refreshed the game for me while I was doing it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm still rocking Fook-PN-Convergence because the guy who made it did a very, very good job of making everything mesh together. There's a few bugs like Replaced weapons sometimes appearing at vendors, but aside from that it feels pretty drat amazing.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Just installed TTW and my train station looks like this.

Looks like I had some textures/models that didn't go through. Time for a fresh install.

Do you access TTW from booting up New Vegas, or Fallout 3? I'm starting a new game from New Vegas and it doesn't seem right. It sounds like the whole thing is supposed to start in Vault 101.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Feb 9, 2014

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Floppychop posted:

Do you access TTW from booting up New Vegas, or Fallout 3? I'm starting a new game from New Vegas and it doesn't seem right. It sounds like the whole thing is supposed to start in Vault 101.

It uses the New Vegas engine, so you have to fire it up through New Vegas. That said, you are correct that it should start you off in Vault 101; something definitely went wrong in your install.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Hobo on Fire posted:

It uses the New Vegas engine, so you have to fire it up through New Vegas. That said, you are correct that it should start you off in Vault 101; something definitely went wrong in your install.

Think I should fresh install the games too? Or just the mod?

I used the TTW .exe, then got a prompt to finish through NMM. I'm thinking the NMM portion may have borked it.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Vorgimmler posted:

I've tried Right to Bear Arms before and it was okay, but I just recently started playing with the DLC Weapon Integration mod (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47880/) and I love how well it integrates all DLC weaponry into the leveled lists. It does require the merged esp of the WMX DLC files, but it works very seamlessly so far.

This was the other mod I was going to suggest as an alternative to Right to Bear Arms. It's pretty good, if you're looking for an all-encompassing DLC weapon integration (as opposed to a strictly GRA integration).

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Also, there seems to be a few people here who are actively playing the game. After like double digit month hiatus from everyone involved, we're almost ready to release the merged Millenia weapons pack. But I'm gonna need testers. If you wanna try this thing and are actually going to play the game and test the mod for us, add me on steam - steamcommunity.com/id/nakyrules/

It's not fully ready yet but it's awfully close.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I saw that on some Pastebin that the pack is close. Very nice!

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

It looks like the author of Nevada Skies just added a TTWL plugin for his mod. I'm starting it today, but he has been active on the TTWL forums following bug reports so
I have high hopes.

Veezy
Nov 19, 2013

Naky posted:

Also, there seems to be a few people here who are actively playing the game. After like double digit month hiatus from everyone involved, we're almost ready to release the merged Millenia weapons pack. But I'm gonna need testers. If you wanna try this thing and are actually going to play the game and test the mod for us, add me on steam - steamcommunity.com/id/nakyrules/

It's not fully ready yet but it's awfully close.
Invite sent.

I was just about ready to jump back in for a full run through, so this is great timing. Are you looking for somebody to try it with or without TTW, because I normally wouldn't mess around with TTW but will if you want it for testing.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

For some reason the link to the custom models mod that Spice of Life needs to work properly isn't working for me off the spice of life nexus page. Anyone got the direct link to the mod page or at least the mods name?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Floppychop posted:

Think I should fresh install the games too? Or just the mod?

I used the TTW .exe, then got a prompt to finish through NMM. I'm thinking the NMM portion may have borked it.

Did you follow the installation instructions to the letter? You're supposed to: run the installer, let it make a fomod, move it to the Nexus Mod Manager folder, install it with the Nexus Mod Manager, check the load order to be sure it's right, and finally install the hotfixes and eventual compatibility patches for your mods.

Also, make sure that your inis have been properly edited, as shown in the Installation Instructions:

quote:

SCharGenQuest = 001FFFF8
sIntroMovie = (yes this one is blank on purpose, it needs to be blank)
bLoadFaceGenHeadEGTFiles = 1

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Skinty McEdger posted:

For some reason the link to the custom models mod that Spice of Life needs to work properly isn't working for me off the spice of life nexus page. Anyone got the direct link to the mod page or at least the mods name?

There's two for males: You can choose either Breeze or Roberts

Breeze has slightly more compatibility with other armors (Caesar's New Regime uses Breeze, for example) but it's a matter of personal preference.

For females you'll need a Type 3 body replacer. There's a few to choose from. Probably the most popular is Beware of Girl's (NSFW, the mod page literally has boobs as its main image). BOG's one has several different "styles" to choose from. The amount of options is pretty... detailed, but there are underwear options available if you don't want naked people.

There's also the Type 3 Body and Armor replacer. This is non-nude, and also contains options to convert the default game's armour meshes to be more compatible with the Type 3 body (armors that show skin can look weird without them). It also has a version that doesn't include the body so you can mix and match if you just want the armour fixes.

e: Pretty much all the images on these mods use those creepy uncanny valley plummeting faces - these are purely body mods and don't affect faces so you won't have to worry about your characters looking like they've had too much botox.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Feb 9, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
So, Realistic Reloading is brutal and awesome with a reduced ammo mod. I love how it expands upon the Manual Reload mod functionality. Makes reloading so much more calculated of an action.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Have I mentioned the mod that adds crude, rude and lewd graffiti to the bathrooms around the Wastes yet?

I really want a general Graffiti mod.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Did you follow the installation instructions to the letter? You're supposed to: run the installer, let it make a fomod, move it to the Nexus Mod Manager folder, install it with the Nexus Mod Manager, check the load order to be sure it's right, and finally install the hotfixes and eventual compatibility patches for your mods.

Also, make sure that your inis have been properly edited, as shown in the Installation Instructions:

I didn't do the manual installation instructions, since it had the bigass "NOT RECOMMENDED" on it.

I just went through and did the manual now though. It seemed to work, for a little bit. It started me as a baby on the FO3 side, etc...

Then this happened.

Edit: Scrubbed the New Vegas data folder and recopied it all in. It works fine now, or so it seems. I'm at the playpen stage and there are no giant "!'s".

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 9, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Well, the thing is, if NMM for some reason doesn't change your ini, you have to modify it manually, you could have kept the rest the same. That said, you have a missing mesh problem. The question is: why? And well, gently caress if I know. Did you run the installer as administrator?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Well, the thing is, if NMM for some reason doesn't change your ini, you have to modify it manually, you could have kept the rest the same. That said, you have a missing mesh problem. The question is: why? And well, gently caress if I know. Did you run the installer as administrator?

I ran the installer as an admin, so I don't think that should have cause issues.

Wiping the data folder, replacing it with my original backup, then manually installing seemed to get all the meshes working.

I'm in Megaton now, and a fair amount of the voices are missing. That ends up being more an annoyance than a total blockage to gameplay though.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

So now that I'm running with Nevada skies ttwl instead of project reality I'm loving it. No more storms every time I walk outside, lighting is much better even with the darker nights added. Definitely remember why I switched the first time I played NV.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.
So here's the deal: I love Lombard Station and think it's the best player home mod I've ever come across thematically, but it's buggy as hell and while the ammo shelves and weapon walls are really impressive, its overall sorting system is lackluster to say the least. Since the likelihood of LS ever updating is zilch, I long ago made a patch that merged all the DLC into one plugin, and an additional patch that fixed some of the easier [to fix] bugs, such as half your 20 gauge ammo being deleted when stocking the shelves. That left me with a copy of LS that was now condensed down into 3 plugins and some pretty serious bugs, but less than there was when I started.

Que 4-5 days ago when LS decided to eat all my ammo because I used a reloading bench and forgot to check my ammo containers before leaving. This is a bug I've long since known about and about 1 in 20 times when using the reloading table, it'll just decide to remove all your ammo from the world, especially if you have modded ammo in your containers. The workbench does the same thing, but it mostly just deletes random modded MISC items from any containers that it looks in for crafting. Because I had left without checking, I didn't realize what happened until I returned, which was about 4 hours later. That was when I decided I had to do something about it (since I'm not going to stop using LS).

So for the past few days I've been working on Lombard Station Expanded. The idea is to greatly expand the capabilities of the sorting system, removing all the existing bugs (while trying to not introduce any), and just make the place feel even more like a hastily abandoned military outpost. To start, I created a full merge of LS and all its DLC plugins, since when I'm done, there will be no regular Lombard Station.esp that the plugins look for. Also, I have a packed mod list (which I'm sure many do) and every plugin I can remove from the list, the better. I was able to do that with little problem, once I read the manual included with FNVEdit. So far, existing bugs shouldn't be a problem because it's already clear to me that all of the original sorting system scripting needs to be gutted. LS didn't use NVSE, so the scripts are monsterous, unwieldy, buggy and just useless for expanding upon. No offense intended to Omnicarus; he created a mod that I could have never dreamed of putting together if he didn't build the foundation. It's just that there's only so much you can do without NVSE.

Which is ok, because even though it has taken me a couple of days*, I already have a base sorting system in. Instead of hard-coding what items, or even type of items go into a container, it works based on what you place in them. If you put a Varmint Rifle or some .308 Round's into a container, then when you sort, those items will automatically sort to that container, regardless of what the container is supposed to contain. Beyond that, containers have a priority, so if two containers have the same item, the one with the higher priority will get the sorted items (for which it contains already). Of course there's more to it, such as a heuristic sort which will sort by known items and item type, and the ability to exclude certain items or even exclude certain items below X count, but I haven't gotten to that yet.

As for any visual changes, I want to keep the same feel to the station (as that's part of what makes LS so appealing), but trying to expound upon the fact that this was a small military station that an Enclave quartermaster was assigned to take care of (and the supplies for the stationed troops), followed by a small group of Ranger's that temporarily made it their home.

Here's two pictures just exampling what I've changed visually so far. The first is the area where the old armor and custom weapon lockers (not sorted) were. The second picture is of the new sorting computer where more advanced sorting and sorting options can be accessed. Sorting individual storage areas is still accomplished by the clipboards by their respective area.

Now to the real reason I decided to go ahead and make this post now instead of waiting until I was done: Does anyone know exactly how label/goto work in scripts, and are there any common pitfalls in nvse/vanilla that I need to know about? Because I've spent half the day fighting with lists of containers, and it turns out that my issues were that label/goto aren't confined to the script they're in, they're global. If you call goto 10 in one script and another is running that uses label 10, then the execution of the script with the goto will jump into the other script. Now I don't know if they're truly global, because I've only encountered (and been able to replicate) the problem in scripts that call each other. For example, if you have the scripts:

code:
ScriptName testScript1

begin OnActivate

label 10
; Do things in here

if (condtional)
	goto 10
endif

end

====================================

ScriptName testScript2

begin GameMode

testScript1ActivatorREF.activate random_reference_here 1

label 10
; Do other things here

if (conditional)
	goto 10
endif

end

...then the execution of testScript2 will jump to label 10 in testScript1 if the conditional is met and testScript2 reaches goto 10.

* I know exactly how to structure the system, so most of my time has been spent fighting poorly documented bugs in vanilla functions. Mostly to do with how they handle references and base objects, since many functions accept both as arguments, but don't necessarily work the same or even work at all with both types. IsInList is a great example of a function that just silently fails (always returns 0) if you give it anything but a base form.

† It's so the containers that are sorted can be dynamic, and the default containers only need to be defined once in a single script, and never repeated again. I'm making the scripting as clear as possible, with plenty of in-depth comments of exactly how things work, partially for my own benefit, and partially for the benefit of anyone else that may want to expand upon my expansion, or even just make their own mod and want to see how the sorting works

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 11, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Would anyone be interested in a compilation of Yukichigai's "Enhancements"? I've been sort of doing it as a personal project, familiarizing myself with merging mods in FNVEdit because my load order is getting comically large to the point where it's going to start causing problems.

In addition to his fixes, he's made a bunch of really awesome enhancements to the base game that really should have been part of it from the start. Stuff like the Cap Press actually making new caps, but coming with a karma hit and the ability to lie to Alice about destroying it, cave fungus being harvestable throughout the wasteland, adding random chances to get the rarer Nuka Colas from vending machines etc.

Virtually all of his enhancements are stuff I really feel should have been in the game from the start, are lore-friendly and actually make the game more fun and interesting. I guess this is sort of encroaching on NVEC a bit, but NVEC adds a lot of stuff I feel is either redundant or stupid.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Ddraig posted:

Would anyone be interested in a compilation of Yukichigai's "Enhancements"? I've been sort of doing it as a personal project, familiarizing myself with merging mods in FNVEdit because my load order is getting comically large to the point where it's going to start causing problems.

In addition to his fixes, he's made a bunch of really awesome enhancements to the base game that really should have been part of it from the start. Stuff like the Cap Press actually making new caps, but coming with a karma hit and the ability to lie to Alice about destroying it, cave fungus being harvestable throughout the wasteland, adding random chances to get the rarer Nuka Colas from vending machines etc.

Virtually all of his enhancements are stuff I really feel should have been in the game from the start, are lore-friendly and actually make the game more fun and interesting. I guess this is sort of encroaching on NVEC a bit, but NVEC adds a lot of stuff I feel is either redundant or stupid.

I'd definitely be interested in it; a few of his mods are taking up valuable space in my load order, but I really don't want to remove them. Unfortunately with them being smaller changes, they would likely be the first to go if I had to start cutting mods.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Feb 11, 2014

Veezy
Nov 19, 2013
I'm probably messing something up, but I'd figure you all would be my best bet in fixing the issue.

I'm using the 4gb patch, NVSE, and the boardless widescreen patch. Everything runs fine. It's closing the program that's the issue. When I alt+F4 out, the window closes but the process continues to run in the background.

It's not too big of a deal, but is there any way to fix this issues?

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Veezy posted:

I'm probably messing something up, but I'd figure you all would be my best bet in fixing the issue.

I'm using the 4gb patch, NVSE, and the boardless widescreen patch. Everything runs fine. It's closing the program that's the issue. When I alt+F4 out, the window closes but the process continues to run in the background.

It's not too big of a deal, but is there any way to fix this issues?

Have you tried exiting the game normally through the menu? A lot of games don't like unexpected quits (usually through closing the window manually, Alt-F4, etc.), because there is usually a lot of cleanup that needs to be done before the game can go ahead and exit (saving preferences, closing the DirectX/OpenGL render target, etc.), and while it's entirely possible to capture closing the window and treat it the same as a regular exit, a lot of games don't do that simply because it's not something that is supposed to happen.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Use the NVSE stutter remover plugin. There's an option in the ini file called "FastExit" (or something similar)

Set this to 1 and it should eliminate the problem.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The King of Swag posted:

Lombard Station stuff

Bugs are exactly why I uninstalled Lombard Station shortly after adding it. They got frustrating as hell.

I've been running "Underground Hideout New Vegas" and haven't had much for problems.

It's bigger housing than I'd like, but it has a ton of sorting, decorations based on quests completed, and a greenhouse. It also has a gun wall for the main game and all the DLC's.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So remember that awesome setting friendly mod that adds some visual variety to the NCR factions uniforms? somebody did a mod that makes them even more varied and interesting looking.

Now the NCR really do look over stretched and under supplied. Plus more Unique looking Rangers!

You'll need the NCR Trooper Overhaul first, but after you got it go download and set this baby up!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
For playerhouses, I'm quite fond of Afterschool Special

It basically turns the Goodsprings School into a functional playerhouse. In order for it to get to that point, though, you have to do a series of quests where you basically rebuild it from the ground up to be your house. Ir's a nice little lore-friendly quest that means you actually work for a nice home rather than just stumbling upon a fully equipped bunker in the middle of nowhere.

It's made by the same guy who made the New Bison Steve Hotel and it's really well done. I think I like this mod because you actually have to work to get the house and when it's complete it gives you a sense of attachment to it. It's not just some house in the middle of nowhere, it's something you helped make happen.

e: The mod in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcPYXnEHidg

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Does it have lovely voice acting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gyshall posted:

Does it have lovely voice acting?

He makes a point of showing off in the video that no, it doesn't, the voice acting is pretty good!