Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

LemonyTang posted:

Abyssal demons came through

Lucky as hell!

Did you get those wands on a double drop from the abyssal demon mask? Also, how many did you end up killing before you got them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

Soulhunter posted:

Lucky as hell!

Did you get those wands on a double drop from the abyssal demon mask? Also, how many did you end up killing before you got them?

They were two separate drops within 4 kills of each other. I've done a task a day since the update (with 2 on the day of the update), think it must be about 1k kills

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

LemonyTang posted:

They were two separate drops within 4 kills of each other. I've done a task a day since the update (with 2 on the day of the update), think it must be about 1k kills

REALLY lucky then. I've done about 1,200 with no luck so far according to my mask, working on two tasks back to back tonight. Wonder if anyone's got the drop rate figured out already.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Content time!

Gee, on top of constantly crashing when I use my house portal, I get this too. Thanks Jagex!

Fun fact - divine location timers don't start counting down until someone actually uses them. Potentially, they could be there forever. Three of these stood there for about ten minutes before someone touched them.

Miscellenia broken down into three parts. Original investment was 675k. 2,178,000 after mahoganies.

An ideally minimal size bank :allears:

:siren::henget:Now we're going to talk about impling looting!:henget::siren:

I used the beta to loot 2x the amount of implings I have in the bank. Is it worth it? What loot do they give? Time to find out!

618 Eclectic implings: 975,822 GP
Total value: 940,250 GP
Total loss: 35,572 GP (96% of original value)
Verdict: You're not losing out too much overall. If the price of gold bars were to rise, this impling would be worth looting.

52 Spirit implings: 125,944 GP
Total value: 105,485 GP
Total loss: 20,459 GP (83% of original value)
Verdict: If it didn't give pouches, this one MIGHT be worth it. Water talismans actually go for about 6k more than listed, so you'll almost break even with this one too.

94 Nature implings: 307,944 GP
Total value: 131,455 GP
Total loss: 176,489 GP (42% of original value)
Verdict: You're better off taking a walk in the park. Too many useless seeds make this not a chance worth taking.

106 Magpie implings: 1,869,628 GP
Total value: 1,511,818 GP
Total loss: 357,810 GP (80% of original value)
Verdict: By prepping some of the raw materials on this one such as the dragonhide, jewelry, high alching the rune, and using the sinister keys, you can probably come out okay with this impling too.

82 Ninja implings: 1,351,032 GP
Total value: 1,117,590 GP
Total loss: 233,442 GP (82% of original value)
Verdict: This one also has a decent chance of making up for the loss of looting through high alch and material prep.

10 Pirate implings: 73,280 GP
Total value: 8,541 GP
Total loss: 64,739 GP (11% of original value)
Verdict: Way to toss all your booty overboard, the capt'n wants to know how ye gold bars are worth dung in this game!

32 Dragon implings: 7,580,544 GP
Total value: 2,555,605 GP
Total loss: 5,024,939 GP (33% of original value)
Verdict: Don't chance it. You're better off selling these to some other suckers.

72 Zombie implings: 1,477,368 GP
Total value: 862,266 GP
Total loss: 615,102 GP (58% of original value)
Verdict: I must have not screenshoted the value, but I'm pretty sure it came out lower than the current values I checked through the wiki. Definitely not worth it unless you really want those long and curved bones and have a ton of money to burn.

10 Kingly implings: 5,143,340 GP
Total value: 476,457 GP
Total loss: 4,666,883 GP (9% of original value)
Verdict: LMAO

All the loot combined

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Verdict: LMAO indeed.

Bonus content: Mod Cocoa reppin' the clan colours

Highly Unnecessary fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 9, 2014

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Well this is just cruel

The triskellion key part #2, the day after I get part #1 by chance.

Except I got this in beta.

t:mad:

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
Is that phat stack also from beta?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Highly Unnecessary posted:

Bonus content: Mod Cocoa reppin' the clan colours

Hahahha, isn't this from the time when we got a Jmod to look at our faulty loving citadel and it turns out that we forgot to visit it enough?

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Themata posted:

Well this is just cruel

The triskellion key part #2, the day after I get part #1 by chance.

Except I got this in beta.

t:mad:

Wait you got that key piece opening them? Id always assumed you got them by catching the imp.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Some info about the Elf City:

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
The most important thing there besides crystal singing is a fishing plot like ivy.

I cannot wait for a fishing plot like ivy.

Fishing. Ivy.

too bad I won't get to it for months after the fact because ~*grandmaster quest*~

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Wouldn't be a problem if you'd done all quests err day.

But yes holy poo poo, ivy-esque fishing, I might actually do that 99.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running
I've done basically 99% of the quests and I'm not looking forward to MEP3 because it'll likely be another excuse for us to dick about in the loving Temple of Light but this time it'll be a Grandmaster quest so let's double the laser beam puzzles and Shadows hitting you.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I just hope they aren't trying to do too much, then underdeliver on the whole thing. It sounds great otherwise.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Rafzakael posted:

I just hope they aren't trying to do too much, then underdeliver on the whole thing. It sounds great otherwise.

On one hand they said they would use the dev time spent on this on invention instead if it got voted up.

On the other hand they made divination sound really awesome and whelp, divination is only good for three things on release.

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

The most important thing there besides crystal singing is a fishing plot like ivy.

I cannot wait for a fishing plot like ivy.

Fishing. Ivy.

too bad I won't get to it for months after the fact because ~*grandmaster quest*~

Do more quests, poopsock the skills all day err day.

Speaking of that, what are the requirements for MEP3? I bet I have them all anyway but I just want to be sure :v:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Haha I got an obese shark while doing my task.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

How Rude posted:

On one hand they said they would use the dev time spent on this on invention instead if it got voted up.

On the other hand they made divination sound really awesome and whelp, divination is only good for three things on release.

Do more quests, poopsock the skills all day err day.

Speaking of that, what are the requirements for MEP3? I bet I have them all anyway but I just want to be sure :v:

So far, the only confirmed requirement is Within The Light. I don't think any skill or other quest requirements were announced.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Biggest tip I've recieved yet!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
In a similar vein to the compressed farming rotation I wrote based off of Themata's lovely guide, here's a compressed list of her Super SaiyaJOAT video!

Gear - Melee weapon, magic weapon, ranged weapon, melee XP set to split. Crap on your belt, a windup toy mouse. Obviously, your JOAT aura.

Start at Burthorpe Bank

ORDER OF STUFFS:

1) Cut two logs - wc (1/20)
2) Run south, slash a cow to death, loot beef, hide, bones - str, att, def, con (5/20)
3) Magic a cow to death - magic (6/20)
4) Ranged a cow to death - ranged (7/20)
5) Bury bones - prayer (8/20)
6) Burn logs, cook beef - fm, cooking (10/20)
7) Fletch log into bow - Fletch (11/20)
8) Step north of cows, tan hide into soft leather, make something - crafting (12/20)
9) Run west to cave entrance, mine copper+tin - mining (13/20)
10) Step outside, smelt bronze bar at furnace - smithing (14/20)
11) Run south to Flax field, pick flax - farming (15/20)
12) Run east to pond, catch a crayfish - fishing (16/20)
13) Run northeast to herblore shop, take the poo poo for an attack potion and make it - herblore (17/20)
14) Run south to veggie stalls, steal - thieving (18/20)
15) Run south to obelisk, take spirit wolf ingredients from shop, make pouch - summoning (19/20)
16) Pop your toy mouse out and grab him - agility (20/20!)
17) Head north to Xuan to claim your reward (he's just east of the agility course)

Can easily run 1-6 for regular JOAT as well in about 30 seconds flat, or 1-11 for Master JOAT.

In other news, I'm 250 LP short of being able to buy both Master and Supreme JOAT. Godamnit!

Magres fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 12, 2014

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Oooh I think I've finally found the worst quest in the game. Olaf's Quest. Whoever thought up that agility "puzzle" in that is an unmitigated rear end in a top hat.

Instead of these silly votes on legacy combat and what to do with Yelps, why not instate a vote that's outcome will massively improve the game: removal of agility.

Also, the farming run posted by Themata is really good and has let me enjoy farming again, so thanks for that! :3:

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010

Magres posted:

In a similar vein to the compressed farming rotation I wrote based off of Themata's lovely guide, here's a compressed list of her Super SaiyaJOAT video!

Gear - Melee weapon, magic weapon, ranged weapon, melee XP set to split. Crap on your belt, a couple impling jars. Obviously, your Supreme JOAT aura.

Start at Burthorpe Bank

ORDER OF STUFFS:

1) Cut two logs - wc (1/20)
2) Run south, slash a cow to death, loot beef, hide, bones - str, att, def, con (5/20)
3) Magic a cow to death - magic (6/20)
4) Ranged a cow to death - ranged (7/20)
5) Bury bones - prayer (8/20)
6) Burn logs, cook beef - fm, cooking (10/20)
7) Fletch log into bow - Fletch (11/20)
8) Step north of cows, tan hide into hard leather, buy thread/needle, craft hard leather shield - crafting (12/20)
9) Run west to cave entrance, mine copper+tin - mining (13/20)
10) Step outside, smelt bronze bar at furnace - smithing (14/20)
11) Run south to Flax field, pick flax - farming (15/20)
12) Run east to pond, catch a crayfish - fishing (16/20)
13) Run northeast to herblore shop, take the poo poo for an attack potion and make it - herblore (17/20)
14) Run south to veggie stalls, steal - thieving (18/20)
15) Run south to obelisk, take spirit wolf ingredients from shop, make pouch - summoning (19/20)
16) Run north to agi course, pop out a quick lap on that thing - agility (20/20!)
16b) If you see an impling and have a jar on you because you're an impling sperg like Pizza (:cheeky:), snap that poo poo up and skip the agi course for Hunter (20/20) instead.
17) Head north to Xuan to claim your reward (he's just east of the agility course)

Can easily run 1-6 for regular JOAT as well in about 30 seconds flat, or 1-11 for Master JOAT.

In other news, I'm 250 LP short of being able to buy both Master and Supreme JOAT. Godamnit!

Skip agility coursing by winding up and catching a toy mouse.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
You can cut out some stuff like making the full potion and buying needle and thread.

Just take a grimy herb from your bank or the herblore dude and clean it.

And tan your hide into soft leather and make a helmet. You don't need needle and thread for that.

Something else I do is setup a bird snare and then do my farming and fishing, then come back to it.

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Vitamins posted:

Oooh I think I've finally found the worst quest in the game. Olaf's Quest. Whoever thought up that agility "puzzle" in that is an unmitigated rear end in a top hat.

Instead of these silly votes on legacy combat and what to do with Yelps, why not instate a vote that's outcome will massively improve the game: removal of agility.

If you think it's bad now it originally had even less chance of success when the quest was first released and they had to buff the success rate the next day because it was almost impossible, I don't think Jagex actually had any play testers back then. :allears:

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Some dumb idiot posted:

If you think it's bad now it originally had even less chance of success when the quest was first released and they had to buff the success rate the next day because it was almost impossible, I don't think Jagex actually had any play testers back then. :allears:

I did this quest the day it came out; I remember that drat bridge. The trick to getting across was to walk 1 square, wait about 20 seconds, then walk to the next square.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
So uhh this happened:

Some pubbie asked me to buy him 60 divine sigil shards, and I told him I didn't have enough, so he said in parts was fine. I bought 5 and it bought below mid, and then he told me good luck selling them since they go for 120k each and logged. I put them back in right away at 700k each and 30 seconds later they bought, resulting in me making 1.35 mil in profit. So I'm pretty confused as to whether or not I got scammed!! The fact that it bought almost right after tells me that either it was his shards I bought originally or he was trying to get me to panic sell at 120k so he could buy it, which I didn't. If he was the one that bought it for 3.5 mil almost right after, then his scam backfired and he was the one who lost money. Seeing as how he kept the trade window open to see how many shards I bought, probably the latter? Either way I'm really confused but I guess I'm cool with getting reversed scammed!

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Themata posted:

So uhh this happened:

Some pubbie asked me to buy him 60 divine sigil shards, and I told him I didn't have enough, so he said in parts was fine. I bought 5 and it bought below mid, and then he told me good luck selling them since they go for 120k each and logged. I put them back in right away at 700k each and 30 seconds later they bought, resulting in me making 1.35 mil in profit. So I'm pretty confused as to whether or not I got scammed!! The fact that it bought almost right after tells me that either it was his shards I bought originally or he was trying to get me to panic sell at 120k so he could buy it, which I didn't. If he was the one that bought it for 3.5 mil almost right after, then his scam backfired and he was the one who lost money. Seeing as how he kept the trade window open to see how many shards I bought, probably the latter? Either way I'm really confused but I guess I'm cool with getting reversed scammed!

The real question: Why did you do anything a pubbie asked you to do?

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Dr. Atticus posted:

:psyduck:

My faith in you, Themata, is gone....

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Dr. Atticus posted:

Arkitektbmw posted:

:psyduck:

My faith in you, Themata, is gone....

:smith:

On the other hand it did get me free money with virtually no effort.

Also, my dream bank!

And I've said this in chat but god drat Alice is creepy as gently caress I mean seriously

If I have to suffer through this then so do you <:mad:>

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Themata posted:

And I've said this in chat but god drat Alice is creepy as gently caress I mean seriously

If I have to suffer through this then so do you <:mad:>

Time hasn't been kind to Heather since she left Silent Hill.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
I must be desensitized to these sorts of things, because I don't find that creepy at all.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Well I sort of did this earlier but this time I'm going to do it better with:

:black101::can::kimchi: Pizza Lady's Impling Looting Special :kimchi::can::black101:

What's this all about now? Well what I did was take 100 implings from Eclectic to Kingly and loot them for goods. The main purpose is to see what the general loot is, and how much the profit or loss is (almost always loss). There's a reason I collect them like people collect stamps without looting them. You'll probably see why in this special!

First here's the bank lovely cleaned out so that there's only rainbows and implings, ready to be looted for their crap.

This is the total value of all the implings we are going to loot. In order to make them worthwhile, we need to be able to essentially loot a Virtus armour set to make this slightly profitable. I'll be going through each type of impling one by one and breaking them down for you to get an idea if it's worth it or not.

:gifttank:LET'S GET STARTED :gifttank:
(Click on the impling jar pictures to take you to their respective wiki page)

First up...

Eclectic Implings

Total loss: 1,455 GP (99% of original value)
Analysis: Coming out to barely losing just one impling out of one hundred, Eclectic implings are low cost, low risk and whether or not you loot them makes little difference in the end.

Spirit Implings

Total loss: 40,641 GP (82% of original value)
Analysis: Spirit implings are weird and have probably the most varied loot out of all the implings. Any you have that are bottled don't give charms, so we're not counting those here. Still, chances are you might get a couple of useless pouches or summoning ingredients like tinderboxes which can be obtained much more cheaply. They're a considerable loss, so it's probably better to hope these fellows give you charms and be done with it.

Nature Implings

Total loss: 165,611 GP (50% of original value)
Analysis: Nature implings are a 50/50 crap shoot. Actually, to say your chance to get a decent item is one in two would be lying, you're more likely to get a crap seed or something that's only worth about half the impling's value. Don't loot.

Magpie Implings

Total loss: 446,939 GP (73% of original value)
Analysis: While magpie implings have better loot than natures, their moderately high cost means you're taking a gamble. You'd have to get a rune item you could high alch to make it worthwhile.

Pirate Implings

Total loss: 492,630 GP (34% of original value)
Analysis: Although pirate implings have about the same loss GP wise as magpies, the overall you lose compared to simply selling them on GE is significantly higher. They drop useless clothes and gold bars, with the left eye patch being the only worthwhile gamble. Even if the clothes were to buy at 'need it right now, buy ridiculously high' prices, it still likely wouldn't be enough to cover the cost of what you could've earned.

Ninja Implings

Total loss: 235,517 GP (85% of original value)
Analysis: Because their price is the same as magpie implings but have chances of better loot, ninja implings are a decent gamble. Whatever losses you take won't be completely major, and after eclectics are the next best low risk gamble for loot.

Dragon Implings

Total loss: 8,581,400 GP (58% of original value)
Analysis: Once you hit dragon implings, the cost/risk is immensely significant compared to the previous implings. 200k a piece is nothing to sneeze at (I remember when they used to be 300k) and not even loot like a magic seed will be enough to make up for looting these guys. Only loot these if you have serious money to blow or a gambling problem.

Zombie Implings

Total loss: 1,091,426 GP (42% of original value)
Analysis: On top of being difficult to catch and requiring a high hunter level, zombie implings offer nothing but bones. However, they take a huge hit in relation to cost per impling. They act as a money sink for those interested in curved and long bones, as well as a rare monkey skull that I haven't gotten myself. As you can see though, only 6 out of 100 of these are special bones so good luck making these worthwhile.

Kingly Implings

(this does not show all the loot I got from Kinglys)
Total loss: 43,523,559 GP (21% of original value)
Analysis: The cost of gambling on Kingly implings are astronomical - you will always lose. You're extremely unlikely to get the only two items profitable enough to not resist in huge losses - the 2 handed dragon sword and uncut onyx (I got the latter around loot 98). There's no point in taking the gamble unless you have a problem. Just sell it to some other sucker and make an easy half-mil.

:sparkles:IN CONCLUSION:sparkles:

Overall loss: 54,579,178 GP (33% of original implings value)
Number of impling jars smashed by my giant pizza making hands: 90 jars (Or 10 jars per each impling type)
Strength level: 78
Safest bet: Eclectics, Ninja
Quickest bankruptcy: Dragon, Kingly
Most worthless: Pirate, Nature
Overall fun of looting implings: 9/10, except when you loot a Kingly and get a triskellion fragment on beta. :mad:

While looting implings is fun, it's not really recommended overall to do especially if you're buying them from the GE. You can make way more money just selling them as is, especially the high cost, high risk fellows, though personally I just like having them in my collection. Hopefully you found this special fun and informative! You can thank me by giving me any/all jarred implings you have.

:siren: If anyone wants to get in on impling looting risk free, I'm willing to clone any of the implings shown here for you in the combat beta. :)

Also Rafza, if you don't mind, I think this would make a good post to link/add to the OP!

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Themata posted:

A pubie asked me to buy shards and stuff

You got really really lucky in that you someone else fell for a scam right about when you did. Most of the time you get stuck with worthless shards that you loose a lot of money on.

Goons, :siren:If someone asks you to buy shards for them they are scamming you, this is a scam, do not buy shards for them. You will loose money. Even if pizza lady got lucky you can almost never count on this. Do not but shards:siren:

Also, maybe next week seer sin :smithicide:

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
I have returned, my name has been changed to Raphtheus, and I'm royally pissed because an apparent Jagex security issue(couldn't be anything else, I haven't been on in almost a year) caused some cockhead to get my 20mil gold and all my decent gear, I'm stuck with rune poo poo.

Can anyone help a poor rear end goon out who got screwed? I wanna get back on track with slaying and making gold but I can't do poo poo with free to play gear.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Dwarf posted:

Skip agility coursing by winding up and catching a toy mouse.

Changed

Pina Coladas posted:

You can cut out some stuff like making the full potion and buying needle and thread.

Just take a grimy herb from your bank or the herblore dude and clean it.

And tan your hide into soft leather and make a helmet. You don't need needle and thread for that.

Something else I do is setup a bird snare and then do my farming and fishing, then come back to it.

Changed leather step. I do the full potion because Herblore sucks and any scrap of herblore XP I can get for free is nice.

Magres fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 12, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Jersey Mike posted:

I have returned, my name has been changed to Raphtheus, and I'm royally pissed because an apparent Jagex security issue(couldn't be anything else, I haven't been on in almost a year) caused some cockhead to get my 20mil gold and all my decent gear, I'm stuck with rune poo poo.

Can anyone help a poor rear end goon out who got screwed? I wanna get back on track with slaying and making gold but I can't do poo poo with free to play gear.

Change your password, recovery questions, check your registered email and post your stats, I think I might have a bunch of level 60-75 gear laying around.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Jersey Mike posted:

Hit me up in game (ign: thegoatsea) and I'll set you up with a few mil to get started again.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
With all these cool guides coming out maybe we should stick them on a google doc or something so future OPs can use them. I'll get around to adding them but this week and the next will be pretty busy for me!

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Hit me up in game (ign: thegoatsea) and I'll set you up with a few mil to get started again.
I appreciate that. Thank you, will do.

Spergminer posted:

Change your password, recovery questions, check your registered email and post your stats, I think I might have a bunch of level 60-75 gear laying around.

I'll post them when I can, I've taken care of the security issues. Nobody is going to get through this time, and I stupidly didn't have a bank pin. I'm betting the asshat who got on my account was a former high school friend who knew my password back then, and he's the sperglord type that would remember it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Omg new kiln :swoon:

I forgot it got updated so high tier kilns don't suck anymore. This is p great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
For the goon that asked for my stats, my attack is 80, defense 71, constitution 75, and strength 73.

• Locked thread