Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
This thread hasn't been posted in awhile so time to update!

My cat at the vet:

My cat sleeping on my bed

My cat on his new scratch bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zezary
Jul 16, 2013
I never understood why some people just hate black cats, when I was young some asshat cut the tail off of my black cat, i still hope to this day I find out who it was so i can kick their rear end.

superkittenhugs
Sep 8, 2010

Zezary posted:

I never understood why some people just hate black cats, when I was young some asshat cut the tail off of my black cat, i still hope to this day I find out who it was so i can kick their rear end.

Was the cat okay? My parents had a horrible demon of a grey cat when I was a baby that someone shot the tail off of. Even though she was unquestionably the spawn of Satan, it still makes me angry that someone would hurt an animal like that. gently caress.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I get so drat paranoid around Halloween with mine, thinking he'll make a break for the door or something on that night... :ohdear:

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

This is Wonton.

I found him in Richmond Virginia where he lives.

As a shop cat at Chop Suey, a book store on Cary Street.

I am loving jealous.

Yes I did rub that belly and he was totally cool with it. :kimchi:

Jenner fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 11, 2013

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I personally never got black cats because they're hard to spot in the dark. :colbert: This recently showed up at my place though. Until I named him, we were just calling him Witch Cat.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563862

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but on reading the read title i think an honourable mention must be given to Lovecraft's beloved black cat friend of the family Man, whom he even put in a couple of his stories.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Corridor posted:

Sorry if this was mentioned before, but on reading the read title i think an honourable mention must be given to Lovecraft's beloved black cat friend of the family Man, whom he even put in a couple of his stories.
He may have been a racist, but he wasn't a cat racist. Isn't a little black kitten the hero of one of his Dream Cycle short stories?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

HEGEL CURES THESES posted:

He may have been a racist, but he wasn't a cat racist. Isn't a little black kitten the hero of one of his Dream Cycle short stories?

Catalyst (pun only mildly intended) more than "hero". Hard to be a hero in his state.

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
Cell phone picture, but there's actually features visible! I'm rather proud of this.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Shebrew posted:

:aaaaa: I never noticed it until now, but my cat has one on her backside! Poking it even gently makes her all twitchy, and if I do it too long I get whapped and/or bitten. That's fascinating! Is there a reason why that hair exists, or why it's white?

No idea if this was answered yet :P But, Much like there whiskers it's so they can judge whether or not they can fit into a tight space. I imagine the older a cat gets, the more chances there are it gets fatter and more over weight from all the lying around. So an added bit of sensors on there outside would help them determine if there new found girth is able to fit in a hole.

Fuzz Feets
Apr 11, 2009

This is Smoky aka Mo...he is the awesome-est:

And as a mostly black cat is his partner in crime Willow aka kitten or fuzz butt:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Apparently the cat racism here is so strong, the shelter has a buy one get one free deal if you buy a black cat, so I picked up the nicest tuxedo cat whilst my sister got a new kitten.

Sorry for lovely webcam quality:

The sweetest and klutziest cat I've ever owned, and loves sleeping on my computer chair. :3:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
look at that nice tux! Please post some better quality pictures if you get a chance :)

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
I adopted Stella last week; she came home this past Saturday. She won't usually sit still long enough for a photo, so I had to take the opportunity when I could.

Fluffball in Windowsill, 2013

Cyn Greythorne
Oct 11, 2013
I love black cats. My most recently adopted cat is completely black accept for one white hair on the top of her head. It seems foolish that people hate black cats and that so many languish at the shelters.

The cat I adopted really adopted me, and was sitting outside my house, a poor little waif watching the sunset, all skin and bones and fleas. She is older now and a great friend.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fortis posted:

I adopted Stella last week; she came home this past Saturday. She won't usually sit still long enough for a photo, so I had to take the opportunity when I could.

Fluffball in Windowsill, 2013

Oh, man, so fluffy! :kimchi: Sometimes I really want a fluffy cat, and then I realize what a hassle it is cleaning up after even Meyer, who is short-haired but sheds like it's going out of style. (He can also get puffy, to be fair, but it generally heralds Cat War.)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Thread's looking a little quiet. Let's change this!

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.
Cat traps at work.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hal has decided there's been enough printing and/or scanning.

E:\/ Cats love the weirdest places. Hal loves to plop his floofy rear end down on the top exhaust vent of my PC case.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 25, 2013

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Nymeria in her favorite spot, my dirty clothes.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK

bath time

the aftermath

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Pepper proving that despite not being a kitten anymore, she can still fit under the couch if she's bored enough.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Organza Quiz posted:

Pepper proving that despite not being a kitten anymore, she can still fit under the couch if she's bored enough.

Reminds me of this. :lol:

My black cat does that too, and the entrance to my couch is probably only like 4 inches tall. The first time I got her home I thought she was missing because I didn't even know there was an entrance to the back of the couch. Took me 20 minutes to find her as I was panicking.

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

Cross posting my cat from the PYF Cat Pictures thread.

Noobert's sexy pose.

DisMafugga fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 15, 2014

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Meyer is the king of the electric piano:

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

So I dug out Henry's old vaccination records from the shelter for a vet checkup, and somehow before I neglected to notice that his neutering was specifically a "cryptorchid neuter L side".

Poor Henry. No tail, wonky ears and eyes, extra toes, and an undescended left testicle.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

He's mostly black..!

She's got a white back left toe.
(my hosting)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Profound bodily dysfunction and all, Henry is still an amazing catlump. Tiny curled paws!

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Organza Quiz posted:

Aww, that face :3:

Here, have some black cat gifs (first 3 are Arthur, other 3 are Ford)

"Why aren't you petting me right now?"

Canadian Bakin
Nov 6, 2011

Retaliate first.

Abby in the middle of flailing around on the floor. It's her new thing.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Here's Ender, she's about 2.5 years old. Sorry about the ridiculous image sizes and quality, it's straight off my phone.

Looking surly with the other cat licking her

The face of an unrepentant wall hacker

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

This is Batman.

I. AM BATMAN.

I AM BATMAN!

I. AM. BATMAN!

I am... *Yawn*

... Batman?

Best cat ever.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
A very round cat face!

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

My favorite picture of what I consider to be the coolest animal I've ever met. His name is Nooberto. (New-bear-toe)

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

DisMafugga posted:

My favorite picture of what I consider to be the coolest animal I've ever met. His name is Nooberto. (New-bear-toe)

This picture is so good that it made a friend of mine without an account want to contribute to this thread. Here's her cat Nobu being ridiculous:

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

This is Batman.

Short-hair fluffy-tail black cat owners unite!

SUPERFINE CONCUBINE
Jun 28, 2008

☆ catgroove ☆
I love black cats!! I had no idea that they would be harder to find homes for. We got Oliver from the shelter 8 years ago as a sleepy little runt, and I've never had a cat love me so much. He talks to me, follows me around the house... and wakes me up by headbutting if he hears someone strange come into the house. Cat alarm. :kimchi:

This is the best thread you all have the best cats.

Bogwoppit
Feb 9, 2012

"Dirty little bin-goblin."
My big stupid baby (also see my userpic), Witchkin.

Witchkin had a webcomic for a short while, before my Wordpress installation was hacked by script kiddies. I never had the enthusiasm to continue, but I do have a folder full of these strips under my coffee table waiting for a rainy day.

It used to have a rotating top banner with his dumb face on, where I replaced a part from a quote with his name. "What Witchkin through yonder window breaks?", "Witchkin moves in mysterious ways." etc.
The one that gained the most complaint emails was, "I'm just going outside, I may be Witchkin."

RikkiTikkiTavi
Aug 24, 2008

My kitty Tonks.

The other day she was a dork and some how did this with her collar.

RikkiTikkiTavi fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisMafugga
Apr 29, 2013

RikkiTikkiTavi posted:

The other day she was work and some how did this with her collar.

That's David Blaine worthy.

Here's a shiny Noobert.