Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Elysiume posted:

Spend $100 on a Primed Chamber to really get the most out of your Vectis.

Is that how much it's worth? I'm siting on a goldmine here, holy poo poo

Edit: goddamnit VVV

Nitrox fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Primed Chamber, not Charged Chamber.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
100 Primed Chambers were given out in an event, and for a short while you could transmute it before they patched it. There are barely any in circulation, and today I saw someone trying to buy one in trade chat for 3000p.

Primed is strictly better than Charged, giving +100% rather than +40% at max level.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
A primed chamber vectis is a dream of mine. They've said they might release more in the future, it's kind of ridiculous to give out such an OP mod in such limited numbers.

hug your babies
Aug 25, 2004
hug your babies
I've finished Mercury and Venus. I've still got my crappy starter weapons. When do i get a chance to upgrade and to what should I upgrade?
People are joining my low level missions with crazy neon tentacle shooting guns and making tornadoes that are one shotting groups of mobs that will take me a clip to finish one.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
^^^ Hey pal, me too! The version of the game they're playing looks way more fun

What's the best way to farm cash money for a new player? I've cleared Mercury, Venus, and Earth so far with some play in other areas.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Karnegal posted:

What's the best way to farm cash money for a new player? I've cleared Mercury, Venus, and Earth so far with some play in other areas.
Edit: Misunderstood. Run through T1 Void missions, which each drop over 10K credits. (Watch the Recruit channel and clan chat for this.) Alerts are also useful, though beware high-level defense/rescue missions.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

BarkingSquirrel posted:

It happens occasionally but isn't really a big deal. Don't worry about it. Everyone gets 4 manual revives per frame per day.

Also put your PSN name here so all us PS4 guys can just add you. I'll send you a clan invite to you too so you don't have to rely on pubbies.

My PSN is Maszkara - I don't really play all that often, though, I hope I'll be of some use despite that :ohdear:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Farming rubedo on killiken with your fire chicken just gives you that special feeling.

Of all things for this meme to happen to, warframe is the last I would have expected.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

chumbler posted:

Farming rubedo on killiken with your fire chicken just gives you that special feeling.

Of all things for this meme to happen to, warframe is the last I would have expected.

never heard of this meme before can you shed some light?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pyronic posted:

never heard of this meme before can you shed some light?

My understanding is that during a recent blizzard in Japan somewhere a news crew was going around interviewing random people and one guy sharing an umbrella with his girlfriend earnestly said something sappy and incredibly embarrassing like "Sharing an umbrella in the snow with your loved one gives that special feeling" or something like that. Cue everything involving any characters at all having that meme done for it.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Feb 11, 2014

ThugElectro
Jan 16, 2014

NUDIST BEACH
I thought it would be time to level up an Oberon and here I was worrying about not being able to use my abilities and be really weak for the first few levels. Thanks Rifle Amp!

Now just how useful is he? Is he what I think he is and it's really only his heal and reckoning that are somewhat decent? Should I just make him a stupid tank that spams heal? Seems the way to go.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

He's solid. Hallowed Ground is nice for defense/mobdef missions, Smite is a little underwhelming but not abnormally so for a first-slot ability, Renewal is useless if there's a Trinity in the party but can be handy otherwise, and Reckoning is a very decent big-AoE ult that has a nice gimmick of occasionally turning enemies into health orbs when they die.

Most of the damage on his abilities is split between radiation and impact, making them extra good against heavy grineer (bombards and napalms) and corpus, as well as a bunch of stuff in the void (everything but the ancients and gunners).

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I don't think his heal is very good at all, it's regen and it has travel time to the other players. His ult is good if you build for it, and hallowed ground can be good if you build for it, but the two don't really work on the same set.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

AndroidHub posted:

I don't think his heal is very good at all, it's regen and it has travel time to the other players. His ult is good if you build for it, and hallowed ground can be good if you build for it, but the two don't really work on the same set.

His heal will revive you if it's applied before you go down.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Is the Akmagnus better than the Aklex?
I already have a Lex so it would be easier to get that but willing to go for Akmagnus if they're just better.

ThugElectro
Jan 16, 2014

NUDIST BEACH

Croccers posted:

Is the Akmagnus better than the Aklex?
I already have a Lex so it would be easier to get that but willing to go for Akmagnus if they're just better.

It's subjective.
Aklex are good against armoured targets, so Grineer. Because they deal Puncture Damage.
Akmagnus deal Impact damage which is Impact Damage. So they're good at killing Corpus/shielded guys.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Akmagnus looks way cooler though.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Sandweed posted:

The Akmagnus looks way cooler though.

Thems fighting words. Magnus is ugly compared to the sleek design of the Lex or even Vasto.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Killsion posted:

Thems fighting words. Magnus is ugly compared to the sleek design of the Lex or even Vasto.

The Magnus has a cooler reload animation.

But let's settle this as frames, on Xini at dawn, Lankas full charge only.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I guess I'll go with the Akmagnus's then and keep the Lex to the side.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

PC folks: the remainder of the Zephyr research has been started, so if you've been looking for somewhere to dump all your Oxium, you now have an outlet.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

PC folks: the remainder of the Zephyr research has been started, so if you've been looking for somewhere to dump all your Oxium, you now have an outlet.
Sweet. Time to throw the few hundred I have at things.

E: For those interested, Pluto has a Forma (1) and Orokin Cell (3) invasion missions set. They're both different missions too.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 11, 2014

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Sandweed posted:

His heal will revive you if it's applied before you go down.

It will not, they fixed that.

Don't build Oberon as a tank, he's no better suited to it than any other frame. He's a damage frame with decent speed and stats, with abilities that help more to keep himself alive than the team. His best source of team support comes from just using his ult normally- at max rank it has a high chance to drop health orbs from enemies it kills. I think he's a fun frame, one of the best mid-tier frames.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Killsion posted:

I love my Vasto, especially the reload animation/sound since I can pretend to be space-Ocelot :ocelot:

I kind of want to get an Akvasto, but it wouldn't be true to the one true Ocelot, and I also love the feeling of being a space desperado and shooting my single revolver from the hip.

Also with 100% multishot and the new elemental damage it's like something out of Borderlands :allears:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Killsion posted:

The Lex is a dumb looking space .45. The Magnus is a cool looking space .44 Magnum although I'm not a big fan of the sound it makes when shooting it. Everyone can agree the Vasto is a sexy, sexy gun.

Inspector_666 posted:

Also with 100% multishot and the new elemental damage it's like something out of Borderlands :allears:

You're welcome.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 11, 2014

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Cathair posted:

It will not, they fixed that.

Don't build Oberon as a tank, he's no better suited to it than any other frame. He's a damage frame with decent speed and stats, with abilities that help more to keep himself alive than the team. His best source of team support comes from just using his ult normally- at max rank it has a high chance to drop health orbs from enemies it kills. I think he's a fun frame, one of the best mid-tier frames.

Yeah he is a fun frame and he's pretty drat solid if you're facing down grineer. Dropping his 4 makes plenty of health orbs for your team and you can defend targets against melee attackers by slapping his 2 down.

His 1 is kinda crappy on the surface but can murder if you use it in a tight corridor filled with enemies.

e: He was my first non-excalibur frame so I may be biased :v:

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

ThugElectro posted:

Now just how useful is he? Is he what I think he is and it's really only his heal and reckoning that are somewhat decent? Should I just make him a stupid tank that spams heal? Seems the way to go.

Honestly he's my second favorite frame after Ash because he can basically do anything. He's got a ranged Direct-damage ability, a defensive conic DoT Denial, the ability to heal, AND a room-clearing bunker buster. That's a jack-of-all trades. Just the ability to heal makes him stand out because it's better than Nekros while not as good as Trinity but he's much more offensive than the latter.

He's basically the ultimate support with an ability to use in every situation.

Also he's a Demon Goat Paladin.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oberon is great fun to level because you can just walk into a room and slam dunk every enemy in there like it's the Space Jam soundtrack, it owns.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Even more than melee 2.0, I'm wondering about the potential of these generic all-frames powers they mentioned. They could turn frame balance on its head overnight by just giving everyone a nerfed version of Iron Skin or something like that.

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Flipswitch posted:

Oberon is great fun to level because you can just walk into a room and slam dunk every enemy in there like it's the Space Jam soundtrack, it owns.

Would that make Oberon the Ewingframe?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Coldbird posted:

Even more than melee 2.0, I'm wondering about the potential of these generic all-frames powers they mentioned. They could turn frame balance on its head overnight by just giving everyone a nerfed version of Iron Skin or something like that.

I'm at the least expecting Super Jump to get converted to an all-frame power, with Excalibur getting a whirlwind attack or something in return.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

I had quite a nasty surprise just a few minutes ago. I was running those invasions for a the Forma Blueprint when my star map stopped working so I tried relogging to see if it would fix it. But an error message comes up saying I have been suspended until Jan 1 2035 due to an End User License Agreement violation.
As a staunch antisocial soloist and not being intelligent or driven enough to ever think about being able to hack the game.
I am totally flabbergasted as to what I could have unknowingly done to warrant a 20 year suspension.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well that's weird. Try filing a ticket to see what you supposedly did? :iiam:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You'll have to contact support on that one, but the only thing I know will trigger a potential autoban (there are potentially others) is having Cheat Engine running in the background.

ThugElectro
Jan 16, 2014

NUDIST BEACH
Oberon. Is quite simply; fun. I'm having fun with him so that's all that matters. Still though, I can't stop playing Volt. Just that Speed and dealing 10 damage with my zorens at the speed of light. It's like I'm tenderizing meat. Just hitting the meat, just enough to make it supple. His ult is really good though, especially with maxed Flow. Can't stop spamming it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

ThugElectro posted:

Oberon. Is quite simply; fun. I'm having fun with him so that's all that matters. Still though, I can't stop playing Volt. Just that Speed and dealing 10 damage with my zorens at the speed of light. It's like I'm tenderizing meat. Just hitting the meat, just enough to make it supple. His ult is really good though, especially with maxed Flow. Can't stop spamming it.

I feel the same way with Valkyr. I don't care that Rhino or whatever is better. It's hilarious to run around punching stuff while totally invulnerable. With the buffs to her ult to ~somehow~ interact with weapon damage/crit I do like 2k+ crits. My only complaint really is that I can't stand that her ult is supposed to turn her into wolverine or whatever and you're stuck doing these boring punching animations. Also her melee attacks when ulted don't go through grineer shields, which really pisses me off.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
T3 cap train this morning was fun. Turned the credits into taxes for R5 cores, got a Steel Charge from fresh to 7/10. Also leveling Narrow Minded. Hysteria must last forever.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I believe it costs over a million credits to buff narrow minded to the max (good luck finding the cores too!) so have fun with that :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
I honestly don't like duration on my valkyr for flexibility. I run 70% efficiency on her, which puts it at about 18 sec duration, which is enough time to punch myself to full health and deal with gunners if there's a lot of them, but still allows me to focus on shooting with her if I want to.