Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Ramagamma posted:

Rolling to put out flames is as intuitive as standing on an elevator barrel and holding down.
In a game that doesn't actually tell you can do that. Face it if you were going to go for the moronic Brad sucks at games meme you should have been patient and pointed out that he was the collector as he was saying,"Gee I wish I was the collector."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hakkesshu posted:

I know this is late, but goddamn I laughed hard at the emails song from the last bombcast.

Emails!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Man, after reading the Polygon Lightning Returns review I reeeeallly want to see a Quick Look.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Link for those curiousp but yeah that sounds loving awful even by FF13 standards.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Don't worry guys, it gets good after 70 hours

after the credits

e: i didn't read the review and am not really sure why people link polygon here but Anime "Catgirl" Editor Brad deserves every possible warning.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Feb 11, 2014

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
I like how you guys lambast polygon until they have a review you think a game should have :v:.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cityinthesea posted:

I like how you guys lambast polygon until they have a review you think a game should have :v:.

Yea that review was actually kinda lovely but now Polygon is agreeing with a circlejerk so they're a great source.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Cityinthesea posted:

Clock right, twice a day. Etc. You cannot argue the absolute sheer drop off between the McElroy content in MBMBAM vs. ANYTHING on polygon. It's stark and confusing.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Considering Polygon objectionable except when they're doing something non objectionable is hardly a double standard.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jeremy Parish gave it 4 stars, so it's probably alright if you like that sort of game. Philip Kollar is one of the most boring internet personalities out there. At both 1up and Game Informer he dragged down every conversation he was a part of.

Captain Internet posted:

Clock right, twice a day. Etc. You cannot argue the absolute sheer drop off between the McElroy content in MBMBAM vs. ANYTHING on polygon. It's stark and confusing.

Sorry, I'm going to argue that. Justin McElroy is awful at everything he does, and whenever someone posts something from MBMBAM it's 5 minutes of annoying people laughing at their own jokes.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 11, 2014

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea that review was actually kinda lovely but now Polygon is agreeing with a circlejerk so they're a great source.

Gamespot gave it 5/10 too, but I trust Kevin VanOrd a lot more than anyone on Polygon.

Not that it matters because I'm going to play it anyway (I like 13-2 a lot more than most people).

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Square Enix would be so hosed if they didn't have Eidos Interactive keeping them out of bankruptcy.

Mayor Defacto
Apr 21, 2010

I'm surprised by how consistent Patrick has become at Spelunky.

e: holy poo poo I can't believe he got away with shot-gunning Yama!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Patrick's totally gonna do it. He's gonna beat Yama!

EDIT: HE DID IT!

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Good loving job Patrick!

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
Man, decided not to watch live today. Figures. GJ Scoops.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A heartfelt goodbye to the daily Spelunkin' with Scoops, y'all. An eloquent ending, Patty m'boy. :unsmith:

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

I really wanted that purple bat at the end to just send him hurtling down to the bottom floor

I'm gonna miss watching these, looking forward to the Isaac videos!

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
That moment when he got hit by the eagle head guy and landed a literal inch away from the tiki trap in the temple needs to be made into a gif. That was so loving close.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
It's crazy how fast he got good at that game, but I hope he keeps it up with other rogue likes, having a daily stream like that to watch has been pretty nice for early mornings too. Even though I never had a problem with Patrick I think he got a lot more enjoyable with his stuff from Chicago, he really has a ton of enthusiasm for what he does.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Cityinthesea posted:

I'm just waiting for the score change.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Only babies like Patrick :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN9iltnqvvk

:3:

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 6, 2015

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

TheOrange posted:

It's crazy how fast he got good at that game, but I hope he keeps it up with other rogue likes, having a daily stream like that to watch has been pretty nice for early mornings too.

Yeah I thought it would get old fast but I've watched just about every one. The progression the whole way was wonderful.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Liquid Penguins posted:

Patrick released his article pandering to privileged white kids who don't know what real injustice is.

I really don't understand what you mean by this.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Liquid Penguins posted:

Patrick released his article pandering to privileged white kids who don't know what real injustice is.

Can you tell me what real injustice is

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Link for those curiousp but yeah that sounds loving awful even by FF13 standards.

Complains that core story concepts are explained in dialogue instead of a codex.
Complains that he had to go and do stuff instead of grinding for levels.
Complains that he walked all the way across the planet instead of using the fast travel system because it consumes (renewable and totally abundant) resources.

Bad game. Eleven out of Twenty.

Tempo 119 fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 11, 2014

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Liquid Penguins posted:

We still drone strike people in Afghanistan and I feel worse for them than mr flap bird

Why are we even playing video games when people are dying?!?

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Valve just posted a metric poo poo-ton of videos from Steam Dev Days: Link

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Liquid Penguins posted:

We still drone strike people in Afghanistan and I feel worse for them than mr flap bird

I'm sure the video game website we read will get right on an article about that.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Liquid Penguins posted:

Sorry Patrick didn't write an article about drone strikes on video game website Giant Bomb dot com.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Liquid Penguins posted:

Not one for irony huh.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Liquid Penguins posted:

You can feel bad about drone strikes in Afghanistan and also feel bad about a Vietnamese dude or whoever created that iOS game getting death threats.

I'm sorry that you can only care about one thing at a time ever.

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

Liquid Penguins posted:

gently caress off, idiot.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
It's a tough article to write for a videogames website if only due to the scale of the problem it's attempting to address. People getting abused online isn't limited to just videogames, it's absolutely everywhere. Athletes, celebrities and teens who are on the wrong social side of the week are utterly torn apart. It's hosed up and it's gross, but it's also not news at this point in time. The issue comes when you try and form some sort of response to the problem and that's why the article feels so similar to so many others. Stating that "A combination of legal, technological, and societal changes are needed to make the Internet a safer place, especially for critical, dissenting voices" is just about as useful as saying "Somebody do something!". The call to speak up for victims of harassment is a noble one but if you spent your entire day doing just that would you really make any impact against such a huge number of poo poo talkers? The article comes from a good place, but it's another broad summary of how things are hosed up online followed by a cry for people to be nice.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Liquid Penguins posted:

Holy crap, you've opened my eyes

Time to send patrick another engraved glass!!

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

That was a pretty blatant troll y'all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcsquared
Nov 19, 2005

Liquid Penguins posted:

I hope a bad journo writes a blog post about me now. All this e hate how could anyone cope!

I don't think you realise the scale of racist abuse that he received, or else you wouldn't be so loving glib about the way white society acted over their Video Game being taken away. Seriously, gently caress off.

• Locked thread