Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Maybe the surprise guest is Carol.

Because she's obviously not gone for good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, I can't see Sasha living long now unfortunately, though I'd think she wouldn't die until she reunited with Tyreese.

euphronius posted:

Carl's had like 3 parents die on him. Lori, Shane and Hershel.
He even caused the death of everyone's favorite :stare: Dale, who probably was at least his senile great-uncle figure or something.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I think I got all of the key points in this episode.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I've always been iffy about Carl's hat, but seeing it on his goddamned head so much this episode has solidified my opinion: Carl's hat is dumb and should be the next character to be killed by a zombie.

e: Also Michonne was just sad she cannot make puddin' pops anymore. First real causality of the zombie apocalypse :qq:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ohnoitschris posted:

Maybe Carl wouldn't fall down so much if he had some protein in his diet rather than two gallons of chocolate pudding :mad:

Rick should've let him eat the dog food :colbert:

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow

Urdnot Fire posted:

Yeah, I can't see Sasha living long now unfortunately, though I'd think she wouldn't die until she reunited with Tyreese.

Yeah, I feel like they might have been setting it up for Bob to do something to Sasha. She was the one asking him what was in the box and if he is the rat murderer then it might not be so good now that he's alone in the woods with two young women.

It would be interesting if instead of dying from a bite or the flu or in the siege, she was just picked off by some animal torturing weirdo. Like even in the zombie apocalypse with all the other poo poo that goes down you can still be done in by your average psychopath.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Leaked screenshot from the next episode, apparently they're doing a lot of flashbacks these days:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I never want to see Rick with his shirt off. :barf:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

nutranurse posted:

Easily the most terrifying and disgusting part of The Walking Dead.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Tin Miss posted:

Yeah, I feel like they might have been setting it up for Bob to do something to Sasha. She was the one asking him what was in the box and if he is the rat murderer then it might not be so good now that he's alone in the woods with two young women.

It would be interesting if instead of dying from a bite or the flu or in the siege, she was just picked off by some animal torturing weirdo. Like even in the zombie apocalypse with all the other poo poo that goes down you can still be done in by your average psychopath.

Ooh I forgot about the potential mass murdering side of bob

Still Want to see more bob

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tremors posted:

You forgot Carl walking into the door and falling!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just binged on all of season 4 while I had some time off and I gotta say, I'm liking where the show is headed. It's more focused on smaller groups trying to make it now rather than one big group which I like the dynamics of more.

Also, I really love Bob's character, but all I can think of when I see him is D'Angelo from The Wire.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Also, I really love Bob's character, but all I can think of when I see him is D'Angelo from The Wire.
He's gonna kill Sasha when she doesn't tell him where Wallace is.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Andrew Verse posted:

Maybe the surprise guest is Carol.

Because she's obviously not gone for good.

I'd bet it's this. She's probably got a following of 100 people by now and walks up on Glenn.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Strange, I thought Sasha died already. My money's on her being killed off next then.

Also, I just realized how lucky Carl is to have a father, who is a police officer and can actually defend people against zombie attacks.

My dad's an out-of-shape software engineer who's scared of the sight of blood. My family would have been screwed.

In the episode, I feel like Carl's been treating his adventure like a game. I just connected the symbolism of picking up the video games and him constantly saying "I won" after every conflict. Whether this is a new coping mechanism or what, I don't know.

But goddamnit Corle, either grow up, die or go back to Iceland.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Ravane posted:

But goddamnit Corle, either grow up, die or go back to Iceland.

Gotta get those cheevos.

"Check Your 6: Kill 3 zombies after falling on your back."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

PaganGoatPants posted:

I'd bet it's this. She's probably got a following of 100 people by now and walks up on Glenn.

Yeah, I would think it'll be Carol too. I don't have any scientific data on this but anecdotally among people I know, she's a very popular character. Based on the season preview, I also wouldn't be surprised if she shows up to save Daryl and Beth.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
A back-half arc of Carol saving/finding everyone and amassing her own town/army, ending with her accepting Carl and Michonne into the fold and telling Rick to gently caress off would be amazing.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The show goes into a loop as Carol becomes the Governess.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
"CORLE!" has become the new "SAFIA!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FlamingLiberal posted:

The show goes into a loop as Carol becomes the Governess.

I would be perfectly fine with this.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
There's a chance Carol heard the Sanctuary radio beacon from earlier this season when she found out her Taurus only has an AM/FM radio with a Raffi tape stuck in the deck. I'd say at least one group is going to check that out.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Naet posted:

A back-half arc of Carol saving/finding everyone and amassing her own town/army, ending with her accepting Carl and Michonne into the fold and telling Rick to gently caress off would be amazing.

I don't think that's Carol's style. I didn't get the feeling that she felt a lot of resentment towards Rick for sending her off, at least not to the point where she would be vindictive about it. I think she recognized that there was no way she was going to be able to integrate back into the prison environment once word of what she did got out and Rick at least gave her a fighting chance on her own rather than getting a knife to the head in some dark corner of the prison as revenge.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

Buddington posted:

So there will be a "surprise cast member" on talking dead this week. Death pool odds, anyone?

Rick.

Michonne found Carl so Rick can die since Carl and the hat have a new minder. Of course, this relies on Carl, Rick, the hat, and Michonne being in this upcoming episode, which isn't likely. Still holding on hope.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I love the title of this thread. I just do.
But I hope the chocolate pudding gave Carl worms.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Naet posted:

But from where in the episode are you drawing this conclusion?

And I guess my broader points: how does this make sense given the relationship already established between Rick and Carl in "Internment" and the rest of season 4? And how does this make sense with Rick in a near-death state?

Maybe the answer is "angsty teenager," but I think that's weak writing in the context of the rest of the show. I also believe that the recurring theme of "Rick is leader, bad things happen, other characters rage against Rick" is uninteresting at this point in the series.

The saving grace is that as the two worst (IMHO) and uninteresting cast members still alive, their little part of the second half of the season is out of the way. Can only go up from here! :dance:

Hope we get to see more of Maggie's doppleganger.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 12, 2014

ColobusMonkey
Jan 23, 2005

I just realized now that Michonne's hair is a wig.

Also drat, gurl. She looks good without it:

ColobusMonkey fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 12, 2014

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nutranurse posted:

Shane on the other hand

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Still waiting on Merle wearing a white sundress in a Daryl daydream. It would be fitting with some of the oddities already present.

Brutal.roadrunner
Dec 15, 2011

*WHIPCRACK*

Ravane posted:

Strange, I thought Sasha died already. My money's on her being killed off next then.

Also, I just realized how lucky Carl is to have a father, who is a police officer and can actually defend people against zombie attacks.

To be fair...his cop father got his rear end kicked by a one-eyed history teacher.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.

Brutal.roadrunner posted:

To be fair...his cop father got his rear end kicked by a one-eyed history teacher.

After being awake like two days. Also he just finished fighting off a million walkers.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The other possibility for the "secret guest" this week is Carol if she reappears on the show. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was it given that she did another media appearance with the current cast recently.

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

The other possibility for the "secret guest" this week is Carol if she reappears on the show. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was it given that she did another media appearance with the current cast recently.

I guess it could be Sarah Wayne Callies as well, considering that leaked flashback screenshot. If that was for next weeks episode that is, I wasn't clear on that.

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
This fuckhead just wrote a five hundred word denouncement of this season, then wrote this:

spikenigma posted:

Last season was awesome.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nutranurse posted:

I've always been iffy about Carl's hat, but seeing it on his goddamned head so much this episode has solidified my opinion: Carl's hat is dumb and should be the next character to be killed by a zombie.

e: Also Michonne was just sad she cannot make puddin' pops anymore. First real causality of the zombie apocalypse :qq:

I was just sad to see Carl's skill level devolving for the script though. This is a kid who mowed down a mob of like 50 walkers and suddenly he's stumbling over his own two feet dealing with 2?

Stone Cold Carl will return when he's not the focus, mark my words. They should have let him take that shot.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Tremors posted:

Not enough of Michonne looking like she's smelling something foul. She wasn't even wearing her bitchface for the majority of the episode. It was a whole new expression. Like extreme smell-the-fart acting.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Bored posted:

Not enough of Michonne looking like she's smelling something foul. She wasn't even wearing her bitchface for the majority of the episode. It was a whole new expression. Like extreme smell-the-fart acting.
Well I'm sure walking a herd of zombies isn't the most pleasant of aromas

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Well I'm sure walking a herd of zombies isn't the most pleasant of aromas

I didnt notice it until my second watch but she looked at the footprints on the road and deliberately decided to go wander with the herd in the woods. Then came back to the road after wasting them all :v:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Buddington posted:

I guess it could be Sarah Wayne Callies as well, considering that leaked flashback screenshot. If that was for next weeks episode that is, I wasn't clear on that.

That doesn't really look like SWC though and Rick looks way too young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

TOOT BOOT posted:

Why do people keep saying "if". Robert Kirkman has already said of course she's coming back.

Then again, Robert Kirkman is a known liar. So I guess still speculate?

• Locked thread