Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

last laugh posted:

All that baseball sponsorship money down the drain :(.

Its true, Safeco doesn't have as large a reach outside of the Pacific Northwest. I didn't know who they were until I moved out to Idaho and they were all over the place. If you don't follow baseball, and you don't deal with independent agents (the only way Safeco is offered) then you're not likely to know about them.

But I'm biased, I consider most anything spent on professional baseball money down the drain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I put in my contact info to a few places and now I've got assholes calling me asking about my quote. This is exactly why I don't want to give out my personal and identifying information.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

Boris Galerkin posted:

I put in my contact info to a few places and now I've got assholes calling me asking about my quote. This is exactly why I don't want to give out my personal and identifying information.
So why'd you give out your info. Lol. Just pick the one with the best ad's and go with them!!1!

It takes precisely one sentence per company to have the calls end. Be a human and answer the phone, and politely tell them you don't need more info and do not call again.

Tbf, depending on company, it'll be cheaper if you get quoted over the phone. AllState is one of those. Even cheaper if you go with an agent vs their website.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
It's one sentence/action more than I ever wanted in the first place.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Boris Galerkin posted:

It's one sentence/action more than I ever wanted in the first place.

This may be sales-y on me, but why should something as important as insurance be only one sentence anyways? Go with a company you feel comfortable with and tell the others no thanks. Also, where did you put your information in? We told you to go to an agent. If you went online to a composite site you're begging for them all to bug you since there is nothing to stop them.
If you had gone to an agent it'd be done by now, or if you'd called direct.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
I'm in CA. My wife got rear ended at 20-25mph by an SUV (she was driving a Corolla). The car has barely any damage to it, maybe some clear coat damage that could be buffed out and a pencil tip worth of paint missing. The at-fault driver gave her all their information, but they didn't get any from my wife presumably because they were in a rush.

I gave the driver a call to see what they wanted to do, and they kept asking questions, asking for pictures etc.. when they probably should have done that at the time of the accident. I honestly thought about just letting the situation go, but they made it sound like I was trying to pull a scam on them (i.e., damage the car some more and get a sweet sweet payout). We have a car seat in the car and I figure it would be worth to get the car checked out anyway, so I called my insurance company (Geico). The other driver also has Geico.

After calling it in, the next day the driver called Geico back and admitted fault. We are filing the claim against their policy, and this is what's going to happen next:

* We go to the body shop (Geico sponsored) to get it inspected and have the car seat checked out. I don't know if we will just get it fixed since it's so minor or if they will just cut us a check. Also, do I have to get it repaired there, or can I go somewhere else? Honestly a detail shop could probably just buff it out.
* If we get it repaired, they will give my wife a rental car, but they are making us pay for insurance and taxes. Does that sound right? I was under the impression the at-fault driver would be responsible for all costs (at least the taxes..).
* I assume this will be reported on Carfax. I actually wanted to sell the car in the near future, but I guess there will be diminished value with this being reported. I figure I can chase this separately once the repairs have been made.
* This is probably going to go on our CLUE report, right? How will that affect our rates given my wife wasn't at-fault?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bank posted:

I'm in CA. My wife got rear ended at 20-25mph by an SUV (she was driving a Corolla). The car has barely any damage to it, maybe some clear coat damage that could be buffed out and a pencil tip worth of paint missing. The at-fault driver gave her all their information, but they didn't get any from my wife presumably because they were in a rush.

I gave the driver a call to see what they wanted to do, and they kept asking questions, asking for pictures etc.. when they probably should have done that at the time of the accident. I honestly thought about just letting the situation go, but they made it sound like I was trying to pull a scam on them (i.e., damage the car some more and get a sweet sweet payout). We have a car seat in the car and I figure it would be worth to get the car checked out anyway, so I called my insurance company (Geico). The other driver also has Geico.

After calling it in, the next day the driver called Geico back and admitted fault. We are filing the claim against their policy, and this is what's going to happen next:

* We go to the body shop (Geico sponsored) to get it inspected and have the car seat checked out. I don't know if we will just get it fixed since it's so minor or if they will just cut us a check. Also, do I have to get it repaired there, or can I go somewhere else? Honestly a detail shop could probably just buff it out.
* If we get it repaired, they will give my wife a rental car, but they are making us pay for insurance and taxes. Does that sound right? I was under the impression the at-fault driver would be responsible for all costs (at least the taxes..).
* I assume this will be reported on Carfax. I actually wanted to sell the car in the near future, but I guess there will be diminished value with this being reported. I figure I can chase this separately once the repairs have been made.
* This is probably going to go on our CLUE report, right? How will that affect our rates given my wife wasn't at-fault?

The other driver probably wanted to admit fault and do the right thing, then realized how this could really weaken their position in the event of a dispute. They were probably just trying to cover their rear end, but its too late for that. They admitted fault.

CA is kind of a different beast concerning cars but I'm pretty sure you don't have to get it fixed at that shop. However, many insurance companies do have preferred repair networks and you could see a better deal and a guarantee on the work if you use a shop they endorse. Of course you should be able to just take a check too for the estimated damages.

You'll want to read through your policy on the Loss of Use/Rental Car section. Many companies offer sign and drive services, but Geico tends to be a bit more barebones when it comes to things like this. They very well could only pay for the initial fee but pass on the insurance and taxes to you. Its also possible that your Loss of Use, typically expressed in a cost per day/total cost per incident (like $30/$900) and your cost per day doesn't cover all of the fees for the vehicle you are going to drive. This isn't something the at fault driver would pay, this is a function of your insurance that you purchased.

Hmmm I think once you call it in it goes into the CLUE. Since you did, it will probably show up that the vehicle was involved in some sort of collision but won't have a dollar amount attached to it unless you get it estimated and paid for. Can just be upfront and honest about it with the buyer and even save estimate paperwork to prove that it was nothing, (provided it IS nothing).

Some companies may raise your rates based on making a claim regardless of fault. But...you're saying its tiny tiny tiny I wouldn't expect them to nor if they do it'd be very minimal. You can call and ask about their policy on such matters.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I posted in AI about this, but not sure what to do.

I was rear-ended a week ago in the US while stopped at a stop sign by someone with Canadian plates - it wasn't the driver's car, the car was owned by some Canadian company.

Visual damage is minimal, but I want to get the car looked at and repaired since I lease. I'm also worried about a possible concussion and pain that could arise at a later time since they hit me pretty hard. I filed a report with my carrier and contacted the Canadian carrier to file a claim. I received a call from the Canadian carrier saying the owner of the car didn't want his insurance knicked, so the best the insurance company could do was let the owner pay the costs of damage directly to me (guy was screaming "IT'S JUST A SCRATCH" at me over the phone). I refused and said I want a claim, and that I'd go back to my carrier to have them deal with it.

Upon further review, my collision policy has a $1000 deductible and the damage might not exceed that, so my carrier wouldn't even be able to subrogate if that's the case. Am I better off calling the Canadian company back and demanding they pay for my damage and rental? Should I get a lawyer? If I accept the property damage payment from the owner of the car directly (and not through a claim), do I forfeit any right to file a supplemental claim if it turns out I was injured?

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

EugeneJ posted:

I posted in AI about this, but not sure what to do.

I was rear-ended a week ago in the US while stopped at a stop sign by someone with Canadian plates - it wasn't the driver's car, the car was owned by some Canadian company.

Visual damage is minimal, but I want to get the car looked at and repaired since I lease. I'm also worried about a possible concussion and pain that could arise at a later time since they hit me pretty hard. I filed a report with my carrier and contacted the Canadian carrier to file a claim. I received a call from the Canadian carrier saying the owner of the car didn't want his insurance knicked, so the best the insurance company could do was let the owner pay the costs of damage directly to me (guy was screaming "IT'S JUST A SCRATCH" at me over the phone). I refused and said I want a claim, and that I'd go back to my carrier to have them deal with it.

Upon further review, my collision policy has a $1000 deductible and the damage might not exceed that, so my carrier wouldn't even be able to subrogate if that's the case. Am I better off calling the Canadian company back and demanding they pay for my damage and rental? Should I get a lawyer? If I accept the property damage payment from the owner of the car directly (and not through a claim), do I forfeit any right to file a supplemental claim if it turns out I was injured?
It's been a week - are you injured or not? I've been in half a dozen mild to severe accidents and you know about personal physical damages within 48hr on the outside.

If you're fine, get a body shop estimate and settle with the dude for cash. No reason to wad up the insurance system or waste the guys money.

If you're hurt, make a claim.

If you're not sure, go see a doc now. You're definitely at the time-duration where the other party will claim that you're full of poo poo though, and legally they have some backing being anyone who was injured would have sought care by now. 1 business day is normal to seek care.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
At first I thought I was fine, but I got a severe headache and nausea a few days after the accident, which is why I'm thinking concussion. I don't have money for any kind of doctor visit/MRI right now, so I can't even get checked out without a guarantee that someone else is fronting the bill.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

EugeneJ posted:

At first I thought I was fine, but I got a severe headache and nausea a few days after the accident, which is why I'm thinking concussion. I don't have money for any kind of doctor visit/MRI right now, so I can't even get checked out without a guarantee that someone else is fronting the bill.

If you think you have a concussion you need to see a doctor immediately, waiting can kill you. That being said a quick google shows that concussions symptoms can last for extended times but manifest within 48 hours, so if you had no symptoms for "a few days" you are probably not concussed. I am not a doctor though.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

Jastiger posted:

You can call and ask about their policy on such matters.

Thanks for the info, this ended up being the right answer. Turns out they wanted my wife to drive there, get the repair done and be done with it. I called in and played 20 questions with them. After a few minutes they changed my appointment from a "repair" to "estimate only." The on-site adjuster said it looked pretty minor and I figured we would get $150 or so and be on our way, but it ended up being $550+ with an 8 hour time and materials estimate. If we had the work done there, they would have taken only 30 minutes (and saved themselves a shitload of money). I think I'm going to try and buff it out tonight :)

Kung Fu Jesus
Jun 20, 2002

lol jews gonna get fucked.

EugeneJ posted:

I don't know how Canadian insurance works but in the US, if the other party's insurance is covering your medical bills, it won't cover them up front or guarantee coverage. Your medical provider can charge normally through your health insurance or hope to get paid by the auto insurance. You go wherever you want for treatment, they keep track of how you are feeling. Then once treatment is complete, they will review all medical bills/records and present a settlement offer to you. If they do not feel something is reasonable, they won't pay it.

BTW, people threaten me with an attorney all the time. It doesn't work. No one cares. In fact, it makes it easier because attorneys don't bug insurance companies everyday about the status of their claim. And when you call, I'm not allowed to talk to you, only your attorney.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Do you have medical coverage on your own insurance policy? It should totally cover the cost of an MRI and/or an ER visit. Don't gently caress around with this kind of stuff. You either make a claim and go that way, or you don't. At the very least, a responsible move is to go see a doc, and if its severe enough to warrant treatment, make a claim.

Otherwise, yeah, just let the dude pay. Keep in mind, its not up to the other insurance company to decide if you want to make a claim or not, its up to you.

xorex
Jul 23, 2002
whatever
Any incite as to what is going on with the flood insurance bills? I'm looking into buying a house in the AE (100 year) zone and the premium isn't bad at all, just $722, but I'm scared it will go up to some crazy amount. I've been trying to learn more about both bills and what I can expect, but it's hard to find out how specific individuals will be affected. The house was built in 2003 and the floor is right at 8 feet above the BFE according to the elevation certificate.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

xorex posted:

Any incite as to what is going on with the flood insurance bills? I'm looking into buying a house in the AE (100 year) zone and the premium isn't bad at all, just $722, but I'm scared it will go up to some crazy amount. I've been trying to learn more about both bills and what I can expect, but it's hard to find out how specific individuals will be affected. The house was built in 2003 and the floor is right at 8 feet above the BFE according to the elevation certificate.

I honestly don't know, but the premiums shouldn't fluctuate that much. If its some new legislation you probably know just about as much as anyone.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I signed up for heathcare through Healthnet using the Obamacare market place on 1/31 - it is now 2/11 and my premium is due by the 2/15 to start coverage on 3/1 so I try using the website to get my member ID but it doesn't have my information. I called Healthnet and they say there is nothing that can be done until they 'get my information.' My question is how long does this poo poo actually take to go through and what are my options for quick coverage in the interim? I ride a motorcycle as my daily transportation and have two race course days planned for late March which I'd rather not have to eat the cost of.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BlackMK4 posted:

I signed up for heathcare through Healthnet using the Obamacare market place on 1/31 - it is now 2/11 and my premium is due by the 2/15 to start coverage on 3/1 so I try using the website to get my member ID but it doesn't have my information. I called Healthnet and they say there is nothing that can be done until they 'get my information.' My question is how long does this poo poo actually take to go through and what are my options for quick coverage in the interim? I ride a motorcycle as my daily transportation and have two race course days planned for late March which I'd rather not have to eat the cost of.

Wow that sounds like a question for the healthnet folks. I don't know why your stuff isn't going through or why you're having trouble there.

To get "quick coverage" in the interim for less than a month isn't generally doable. A lot of coverage starts on the 1st of a month or something like that, or the beginning of employment. If you're shopping on the exchanges then I'd find a comparable plan and sign up and see about getting it started immediately. That is really unlikely though. I'm sorry you're having a rough time:( I'm in a similar situation myself.

The Jizzer
Mar 19, 2003

...a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

BlackMK4 posted:

I deal with this several times a day:

* If you have completed your application, and have received confirmation that you're covered as of 3/1, then you're covered as of 3/1.
* Most carriers understand that the Marketplace systems take FOR-loving-EVER to send over information and have been postponing payment deadlines as a result.
* Your stuff should probably be all taken care of by the end of the month. It's taking about 2-3 weeks on average.
* There's no such thing as "quick coverage" anymore. Short term / limited coverage health plans are extinct thanks to the PPACA.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

The Jizzer posted:

I deal with this several times a day:

* If you have completed your application, and have received confirmation that you're covered as of 3/1, then you're covered as of 3/1.
* Most carriers understand that the Marketplace systems take FOR-loving-EVER to send over information and have been postponing payment deadlines as a result.
* Your stuff should probably be all taken care of by the end of the month. It's taking about 2-3 weeks on average.
* There's no such thing as "quick coverage" anymore. Short term / limited coverage health plans are extinct thanks to the PPACA.
Hmm, thank you. This is what I've got going:

2014 Arizona application for
Individual & Family Coverage

My plans & programs
Health Net of Arizona, Inc. Health Net CommunityCare HSA Open Access Silver 20%/20%/$2000
Joseph

Does this mean I'm covered as of 3/1 or that I haven't been accepted yet?

Thanks.

Jastiger posted:

Wow that sounds like a question for the healthnet folks. I don't know why your stuff isn't going through or why you're having trouble there.

To get "quick coverage" in the interim for less than a month isn't generally doable. A lot of coverage starts on the 1st of a month or something like that, or the beginning of employment. If you're shopping on the exchanges then I'd find a comparable plan and sign up and see about getting it started immediately. That is really unlikely though. I'm sorry you're having a rough time:( I'm in a similar situation myself.

My tax credit is $102/mo but I can afford to just pay the whole payment out of pocket without an issue so I was considering just finding a policy that I could pay completely out of pocket then try to reclaim the credit at tax time - I figured these would take less time to get signed up for.

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006
I choo choo choooose you!
Homeowners insurance question:

We've just discovered one of two bikes and some computer parts missing out of our garage. This happened some time in the last week or so - we are packing up for a move. Should we file a police report before contacting insurance or just contact insurance straight away?

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

OneWhoKnows posted:

Homeowners insurance question:

We've just discovered one of two bikes and some computer parts missing out of our garage. This happened some time in the last week or so - we are packing up for a move. Should we file a police report before contacting insurance or just contact insurance straight away?
I'd file a police report promptly upon theft of property...

How did you not notice that your garage was broken into..? Or are you one of those people who doesn't lock garages? If the latter, this is exactly why you always lock everything, always.

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006

SiGmA_X posted:

I'd file a police report promptly upon theft of property...

How did you not notice that your garage was broken into..? Or are you one of those people who doesn't lock garages? If the latter, this is exactly why you always lock everything, always.

It's a manual garage and it has a metal tab that slides to lock it in place which is always* used. Things have been crazy in the last 3 weeks between packing for a move and having a 1 week business trip to San Jose in between. Though it's odd - there's more valuable stuff that could have been taken but it was just a few things at the very front of the garage.

I'll call and file a police report - thanks!

*unless I or my wife forget

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

OneWhoKnows posted:

It's a manual garage and it has a metal tab that slides to lock it in place which is always* used. Things have been crazy in the last 3 weeks between packing for a move and having a 1 week business trip to San Jose in between. Though it's odd - there's more valuable stuff that could have been taken but it was just a few things at the very front of the garage.

I'll call and file a police report - thanks!

*unless I or my wife forget

Always file a police report. Remember, if you don't file a report then there is no theft. Its just "mysterious disappearance" and it isn't often a policy will pay out for odds and ends taken from the place.

If its genuine theft, then you can make a claim.

OneWhoKnows
Dec 6, 2006

Jastiger posted:

Always file a police report. Remember, if you don't file a report then there is no theft. Its just "mysterious disappearance" and it isn't often a policy will pay out for odds and ends taken from the place.

If its genuine theft, then you can make a claim.

Thanks - that's sage advice.

We just filed a police report.

Kung Fu Jesus
Jun 20, 2002

lol jews gonna get fucked.
You still may not want to file a claim on your homeowner's.

You can ignore me as I may be partially talking out of my rear end because I work in claims and not underwriting. But I have been told that any homeowner claim can increase your premiums at renewal. Auto claims generally do not unless there are a lot of them or you are at fault. But any homeowner claim might, regardless of the nature of the claim. So I personally would not file a homeowner's claim unless it was a massive cost to me.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Kung Fu Jesus posted:

You can ignore me as I may be partially talking out of my rear end because I work in claims and not underwriting. But I have been told that any homeowner claim can increase your premiums at renewal. Auto claims generally do not unless there are a lot of them or you are at fault. But any homeowner claim might, regardless of the nature of the claim. So I personally would not file a homeowner's claim unless it was a massive cost to me.

I was going to mention this but it sounded like he should make a police report at least.

Each company is different and it depends on the type of policy you have, but yeah, making a claim CAN increase your premium. You want to weigh how important those items are to you and their value in comparison to your premiums. YOu can even ask the claims person with your company what may happen, they should be able to tell you, I'd think.

The Jizzer
Mar 19, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

My tax credit is $102/mo but I can afford to just pay the whole payment out of pocket without an issue so I was considering just finding a policy that I could pay completely out of pocket then try to reclaim the credit at tax time - I figured these would take less time to get signed up for.

This won't change processing time, it just changes the amount of your bill (i.e. either gov't sends your credit to the carrier monthly on your behalf, or just gives you a year end lump sum). If you applied within the deadline you'll be fine.

The Jizzer
Mar 19, 2003

Kung Fu Jesus posted:

This is correct, plus it's harder to shop for new coverage with a claim on your record. The same goes for auto insurance too. I've had clients ask about claiming a $600-800 repair on insurance (when they have a $500 deductible). It doesn't make sense because the long-term cost to you is going to be that much or more than to just pay it out of pocket.

The Jizzer
Mar 19, 2003

The Jizzer posted:

Posting a correction; there ARE a few companies still offering limited / short term medical. Please note these are underwritten (meaning they can decline to cover based on pre-existing conditions) and do NOT count as Minimum Essential Coverage plans so you can't use these to get out of the mandate.

One carrier I know of is Assurant: https://www.temporaryinsurance.com/STMConsumer/Quote/ContentPages/StartQuote.aspx

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
We're trying to rebid the standard basket of insurance policies (Health/Vision/Dental) for our small 10-person firm. Does any good here broker that? We're incorporated in Colorado.

It looks like there's a way to pool small firms together for group policies (under the ACA via Small Business Heath Options Program) but information on that seems pretty scant.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hed posted:

We're trying to rebid the standard basket of insurance policies (Health/Vision/Dental) for our small 10-person firm. Does any good here broker that? We're incorporated in Colorado.

It looks like there's a way to pool small firms together for group policies (under the ACA via Small Business Heath Options Program) but information on that seems pretty scant.

Good luck with this. I hope a goon, maybe The Jizzer, can help you with this!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
When is the best time to purchase long-term care insurance if you have no major health problems? I've heard if you're not already enrolled by your 60s, you can't get coverage

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Can anyone help me with homeowners questions regarding damage done due to wind in the state of Nevada? I've lost at least 40ft of my fence, two trees, and may have had other superficial and/or yet unseen damage. Thanks!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

When is the best time to purchase long-term care insurance if you have no major health problems? I've heard if you're not already enrolled by your 60s, you can't get coverage

The best rates and cost ratios were around age 50 to 55. You can absolutely start getting it at age 60, it will just be a bit less efficient for you since you'll pay a higher premium. Companies won't preclude you from getting it though.

West SAAB Story posted:

Can anyone help me with homeowners questions regarding damage done due to wind in the state of Nevada? I've lost at least 40ft of my fence, two trees, and may have had other superficial and/or yet unseen damage. Thanks!

Well I don't know specifically about Nevada. Some states have separate deductibles and coverages for wind and hail related claims. Why not ask your homeowners insurance provider how they handle such incidents?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Jastiger posted:

Well I don't know specifically about Nevada. Some states have separate deductibles and coverages for wind and hail related claims. Why not ask your homeowners insurance provider how they handle such incidents?

The claims adjuster is coming tomorrow - and although I love my agent, I have a bad taste in my mouth from previous adjusters. Guy even has the foreign accent which seems to give them extra credibility while talking out of their rear end.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

West SAAB Story posted:

The claims adjuster is coming tomorrow - and although I love my agent, I have a bad taste in my mouth from previous adjusters. Guy even has the foreign accent which seems to give them extra credibility while talking out of their rear end.

Well there isnt' much to do but read your policy and see what he says. Look specifically how wind damage is covered and how that impacts the roof. This is in many states a specific coverage and paragraph. What kind of policy do you have?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Jastiger posted:

Well there isnt' much to do but read your policy and see what he says. Look specifically how wind damage is covered and how that impacts the roof. This is in many states a specific coverage and paragraph. What kind of policy do you have?

Sorry for the seething. I'm just still pissed about prior adjusters (the last one I met was actually quite nice and took some things into consideration that I figured would be discounted). Long story short - I'm not entirely sure. Due to thefts in my neighborhood, I have all of my documentation in a safe off premises, and didn't think to get access to it. I know I have a hefty bit out of pocket. I'm sure the damage will be far over my deductible, but I am not really sure how, or if I should proceed - or just pay for it out of pocket and offer beer in lieu of payment - and have it professionally fixed that way. :v:

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

A roofer came to my house to give me an estimate on a roof.
To my surprise he says I have a lot of hail and wind damage.
He says it should be easy to get my insurance company to pay for it.

What are the ramifications of filing such a claim? He says since it's weather related/ beyond my control that my rates shouldn't spike.

Is that true? What's the er....catch? There has got to be one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Did you request the estimate or did he come to you?