Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I would imagine it goes off your IP address but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
Trimming down the guild to 30 for the sake of easier clan challenges.

Khrits, Luceid, Flowbie, Tink do you plan on coming back to the game? It's changed a lot since you've last played. It's a lot better now.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
My internet's been cutting out randomly for a few seconds at a time - enough to disconnect me and basically throw a game each time, so I can't really play until I figure this out.

This is pretty annoying since it's totally random and I don't even know where to start diagnosing it. I haven't changed anything recently.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
lol they just announced the date for when the code thats included in the premium package expires! better get my poo poo in the mail before March 31st!

and jesus they just announced they are no long supporting the game for windows Xp (april 9)? does anyone here still run on XP?

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 11, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

My internet's been cutting out randomly for a few seconds at a time - enough to disconnect me and basically throw a game each time, so I can't really play until I figure this out.

This is pretty annoying since it's totally random and I don't even know where to start diagnosing it. I haven't changed anything recently.

Not sure what's going on there. It was my ISP's fault earlier this week when I was disconnecting like mad.

Zeirnaton posted:

lol they just announced the date for when the code thats included in the premium package expires! better get my poo poo in the mail before March 31st!

and jesus they just announced they are no long supporting the game for windows Xp (april 9)? does anyone here still run on XP?

I hope you get it in time. Not running on XP here.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zeirnaton posted:

I'm just gonna stick with WTFast btw has anyone tried simply creating another account for WTFast to get another free trial or does it not work like that?

It stores some macro inside your registry keys I think. If you removed that you could prolly use it over and over but :effort:

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
If you don't want to pay $6 per month on WTFast, Mudfish is a cheaper alternative. It's pay as you go, about a penny a day if you play hardcore. You could probably get a year and more if you spent $5 on mudfish.

The best case ping was slightly worse for me than WTFast (~+10 ms). It ping-spiked less though in my experience.

Its pretty straightforward to install and use. The one stumbling block I encountered was the login page was in korean.

In the properties of shortcut to mudrun.exe I had to add -L en.

code:
Target = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mudfish Cloud VPN\mudrun.exe" -L en

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 12, 2014

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

If you don't want to pay $15 per month on WTFast, Mudfish is a cheaper alternative. It's pay as you go, about a penny a day if you play hardcore. You could probably get a year and more if you spent $15 on mudfish.

The best case ping was slightly worse for me than WTFast (~+10 ms). It ping-spiked less though in my experience.

Its pretty straightforward to install and use. The one stumbling block I encountered was the login page was in korean.

In the properties of shortcut to mudrun.exe I had to add -L en.

code:
Target = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mudfish Cloud VPN\mudrun.exe" -L en

15$ per month? I thought WTFast was 5$ or 10$

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
My bad, double checked. One month of basic is $6.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
having trouble finding a list of the daily challenges in the JP wiki anyone know a link? I went in and I saw daily challenge in english but I'm having trouble finding a list on that page for it

http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B8#footer

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

having trouble finding a list of the daily challenges in the JP wiki anyone know a link? I went in and I saw daily challenge in english but I'm having trouble finding a list on that page for it

http://gow.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%81%E3%83%A3%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B8#footer

The section underneath 個人チャレンジ are the personal daily challenges.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

The section underneath 個人チャレンジ are the personal daily challenges.

thank god for dual monitors found it after awhile of eye squinting

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I really wish there was outside of mobile suit stuff like the ps3 f2p game..

Maybe if only so this could be a thing in the game.

Also valentines day event~~~~~!

randombattle fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Feb 12, 2014

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
question if I keep whipping someone with the gouf will it perma stun them?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

question if I keep whipping someone with the gouf will it perma stun them?

If you stun somebody with the heat rod while they still have stun time you will not overwrite or stack stun time. You have to initiate another stun so that as soon as your initial stun ends you catch your opponent again. Stun locking is possible but this takes some timing, you can't mash mouse 1(You will risk the next stun being started too early and having no effect). Depending on how much stun time you have (trait/weapon type/customization dependent) you have to delay your next click for an instant or two.

It's effectively a perma stun as long as you get a feel for the timing. It's more like chaining a new instance of a stun as soon as they recover. You can practice in the second combat tutorial with the GMs in the valley. That tutorial is nice for testing/practicing things out without committing to a real match.

You can chain knockdowns too like this(If you attempt a knockdown too early they will just eat the hit and stand up) as long as you have enough of a delay between your knockdowns.

Everyone's probably had that happen to them sometime. It's partly why some people get the quick stand modules, just to mess with your enemy's timing.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 12, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Easier clan challenges confirmed after trimming down the guild. At 30 members the challenge requirements are 1/3rd the old quota while the GP rewards stay the same.

It will be much easier to clear the challenges and get the extra GP/rewards now.

:frogsiren:If you had 0 contribution points or did not play in the last 2.5 months you were prioritized to be trimmed out:frogsiren:

We have at least 10 active members per week (We scored 163rd place amongst Zeon last week, 2nd tier of payment reward).

I think its fairer to give the active players more shots at getting GP than it is to hold on to extra people who may or may not play.

If it looks like we will be getting more active people, I will bring the guild capacity past 30 again. Clan challenge quotas will return to being tripled from what they are now.

Thoughts?

E: To clarify, you get contribution points by just playing the game (Any of Co-op, Local VS, or Massive VS game played) while being a member of the clan.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 12, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

If they haven't been on and haven't played any games I don't think it matters if they get the boot. If they want to play later they can always rejoin.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
What is this valentine day thing?
http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/event/20140212/

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
TUESDAY NIGHT! That means in house co-op within the next hour. Get your butt on if you want DX and Gold tickets.

pfunk
Mar 22, 2001

Free Triangle posted:

Flowbie, do you plan on coming back to the game? It's changed a lot since you've last played. It's a lot better now.

Yeah, once I burn out on World of Tanks again.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Internet looks okay now! I guess it's just on the ISP's side.

Oh the other hand my last 10 games have been 1 win 9 losses :( Zeon getting stomped by feddie golds.
You get 1-3 valentine items per game depending on your score, and can exchange them for hats or sell them for cold hard cash. (I'm gonna sell them, up to extra 9000 gold every game!)

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

pfunk posted:

Yeah, once I burn out on World of Tanks again.

You should have a lot of GP and gold tickets waiting in your mail!

Zo posted:

Internet looks okay now! I guess it's just on the ISP's side.

Oh the other hand my last 10 games have been 1 win 9 losses :( Zeon getting stomped by feddie golds.

You get 1-3 valentine items per game depending on your score, and can exchange them for hats or sell them for cold hard cash. (I'm gonna sell them, up to extra 9000 gold every game!)

Good to hear. Feddies are definitely trying hard to win this week.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Zo posted:

We lack serious leadership / good commanders. I got sick of it last night and won us a Jaburo with my basic notepad commanding. We had the difficult side too.

Free Triangle posted:

Good to hear. Feddies are definitely trying hard to win this week.

It isn't helping I checked today and we're at like 51% already. They can't handle our overwhelming power :getin:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Al Borland posted:

It isn't helping I checked today and we're at like 51% already. They can't handle our overwhelming power :getin:

It's definitely not turning into the 57% victory it was in the first couple weeks.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
1 Valentine Heart = 1 GP Gashacon ticket, not bad!

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Found this video when I was messing around on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRLnSE77r1Q

Oh man there's a second one. I don't know if it's my lack of sleep that makes this funny or if it really is just funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tg5fIjuxqk

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 15, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

CassiusW posted:

Found this video when I was messing around on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRLnSE77r1Q

Oh man there's a second one. I don't know if it's my lack of sleep that makes this funny or if it really is just funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tg5fIjuxqk

Hahaha that's great! Here is my favourite dub.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Hahaha that's great! Here is my favourite dub.

I need to say that to guys I work with now! That is 100% gold!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

English G Gundam is far better then it has any right being.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
ugh finally got my internet fixed....ugh winter snowstorm knocked everything out

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Does Zeon have a missile pod/beam rifle space suit?

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

Does Zeon have a missile pod/beam rifle space suit?

Gelgoog cannon. Technically gold gyan too. Gelgoog cannon is superior for space fighting.

E: gyan can't use guided missiles and the straight shots simultaneously.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 17, 2014

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Gelgoog cannon. Technically gold gyan too. Gelgoog cannon is superior for space fighting.

E: gyan can't use guided missiles and the straight shots simultaneously.

So it does! I guess that's another 200k I need for customizing, just for a space suit.

Also I'm net 16 losses since the last patch. I had a match today where it was like 10 zeon golds vs. 48 feddie golds. We lost 0-74% :v:

Favorite moment of the day:

(The base lived with about 1% hp. EXAM mode is basically beast mode)

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zo posted:

So it does! I guess that's another 200k I need for customizing, just for a space suit.

Also I'm net 16 losses since the last patch. I had a match today where it was like 10 zeon golds vs. 48 feddie golds. We lost 0-74% :v:

Favorite moment of the day:

(The base lived with about 1% hp. EXAM mode is basically beast mode)

Gelgoog cannon is land capable too. Be aware that it has a sub-par jump.

Beam cannon and hand missiles are built in weapons too, for instant switch goodness.

Yeah, EXAM is great. It used to come with a 30% speed bonus on top of the extra boost recharge and damage.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Free Triangle posted:

Gelgoog cannon is land capable too. Be aware that it has a sub-par jump.

Beam cannon and hand missiles are built in weapons too, for instant switch goodness.

Yeah, EXAM is great. It used to come with a 30% speed bonus on top of the extra boost recharge and damage.

Yeah, but I already have my land suits all set!

30% sounds super OP. The current 10% speed is already huge, and it was recently buffed to last 60 seconds.

I use the super long EXAM time with the low damage missiles which comes with over 100 missiles with the ammo helper pack. The damage boost makes them pack a real punch and I have a lockon module as well. Real great all rounder and basically unmatched in melee.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael
Finally got my HMT gelgoog sadly its a rocket shooter which isn't bad but I would have definitely preferred the beam shooter but nonetheless what bazooka would you guys recommend?

ugh so many zeon vs zeon games I'M PULLING OUT MY HAIR!

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 18, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Zeirnaton posted:

Finally got my HMT gelgoog sadly its a rocket shooter which isn't bad but I would have definitely preferred the beam shooter but nonetheless what bazooka would you guys recommend?

ugh so many zeon vs zeon games I'M PULLING OUT MY HAIR!

I see you have a gold one. Be aware that rocket shooter bonus applies to sturm fausts as well. You can get bonuses on 2 of your weapons. I recommend Bazooka F, it's the best for scoring knockdowns and kills.

A popular/strong build for rocket shooter is beam rifle F/AF,Sturm faust/Bazooka F. Grab the extra ammo module(And bullets boost if you can spare it) so you get more sturm fausts.

E: Also, on your gold Gogg, I'd be tempted to replace the claw with the shotgun beam blast(Gold exclusive weapon) even though you're combat custom traited because Gogg is kind of slow anyway.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 18, 2014

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
RIP the Gogg. Back in the day it's D claws dash had a bugged hitbox and you could hit people ridiculously easily in close quarters.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

-Troika- posted:

RIP the Gogg. Back in the day it's D claws dash had a bugged hitbox and you could hit people ridiculously easily in close quarters.

Gogg isn't garbage anymore after the patch. 1900 base armour (More than Protogundam, near gun-tank levels of armour) for 260 base cost and 7 module slots is really strong.

3pt Mega particle cannon/Chest shotgun/Missiles is pretty slick. Also the chest shotgun makes this great loud sound when you hit with it up close :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I am a gundam tristar.

• Locked thread