Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

seiferguy posted:

I believe it costs over a million credits to buff narrow minded to the max (good luck finding the cores too!) so have fun with that :v:

Definitely not looking to max it; just getting to 6-7.

pyromance posted:

I honestly don't like duration on my valkyr for flexibility. I run 70% efficiency on her, which puts it at about 18 sec duration, which is enough time to punch myself to full health and deal with gunners if there's a lot of them, but still allows me to focus on shooting with her if I want to.

Perfectly reasonable, but I'm building for long-duration Survival with the assumption that teammates have guns to shoot things with. With Valkyr, I don't like having to do ranged combat against mobs of heavies with guns that can melt my shields away and start eating into my health bar before I can down half of them. As long as I keep up on blue orbs and crit enough mobs to retain oxygen levels, I can keep going for a while. Not bad in the short term, either - I ran 15min on Ceres this morning and killed 200 more bodies than the next guy, who had a Rhino with a Phage.

e: he was playing Rhino correctly, but I think he may have been specced for max range, in which case his stats would make more sense.

e2: vvvvvvvv all hail the cap train

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

seiferguy posted:

I believe it costs over a million credits to buff narrow minded to the max (good luck finding the cores too!) so have fun with that :v:

I have gained 1.5 million credits from cap trains past 3 days. :v:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

endlessmonotony posted:

Do tell.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

endlessmonotony posted:

Yeah, cash is easy (although I'm always spending mine so I never have any saved). The bottleneck for any high level mod is defeinitely the cores.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

ullerrm posted:

Do tell.

1) Get T3 Capture Key.
2) Run T3 Capture with Fine and Friendly Goons.
3) Hope you get another T3 Capture key.
4) Did you? Technically you now have four.
5) 4 more chances to get another T3 Capture key! (And every time you do, you technically get another 4)

Enjoy!

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Gotta say, playing with the PS4 goons is a lot different than the usual pubby squads. Did T1 Survival for the first time ever, and broke 30 minutes. And only had to bail because of the enemy level, rather than the lack of life support. Nearly got all the BPs for a Mag Prime too, just missing the Systems. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Compared to the usual survival experience I've had in the solar system, where most of the time we seem to struggle to break 5 minutes.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Aishan posted:

Compared to the usual survival experience I've had in the solar system, where most of the time we seem to struggle to break 5 minutes.

My survivals with pubbies and goons always seems to flounder because of terrible luck 5+ minutes in with Life Support drops. :(

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Aishan posted:

Gotta say, playing with the PS4 goons is a lot different than the usual pubby squads. Did T1 Survival for the first time ever, and broke 30 minutes. And only had to bail because of the enemy level, rather than the lack of life support. Nearly got all the BPs for a Mag Prime too, just missing the Systems. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Great isn't it? I was driving the Volt. I had a energy starvation towards the end and had to run around like a headless chicken so I could keep throwing those Shocks and Overloads around. I also got bounced around by those goddamn Ancients a few times as well, that's why I dived in the moat to get away. :argh: I did almost bring my Trinity, but it was only level 20.

Pubbies tend to also have poo poo weapons, or haven't done simple stuff like slotted any mods into their frames. Nothing as fun as seeing someone join a high level mission with their base shields, base health, and a goddamn Braton. How could you even find the game fun with that? :suicide:

Maybe DE would take a suggestion for adding a 'BRATON ALLOW JOIN Y/N?' filter button for when hosting a game.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Kaldaris posted:

1) Get T3 Capture Key.
2) Run T3 Capture with Fine and Friendly Goons.
3) Hope you get another T3 Capture key.
4) Did you? Technically you now have four.
5) 4 more chances to get another T3 Capture key! (And every time you do, you technically get another 4)

Enjoy!

And to explain why this is suddenly something you can do:
They first introduced new Void loot tables in update 12.
Then in hotfix 12.0.2 they removed cores and resources from the drop table, and this made the chance of a key drop high enough to keep playing T3 Capture for a very long time from just T3 Capture rewards.

I'm not sure if you can keep playing infinitely off just T3 Capture rewards, but I've never seen a goon group starting with 10 keys stop running a capture train because they ran out of keys. And with a good team, a T3 Capture takes at worst 5 minutes, and gives 25000 credits as a reward.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

limited posted:

Maybe DE would take a suggestion for adding a 'BRATON ALLOW JOIN Y/N?' filter button for when hosting a game.

But then how am I going to get my MK1 Braton to a Forma'able level? :sigh:

Can't you appreciate that I poo poo out more damage with my Volt than most people can with everything they have?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Kaldaris posted:

But then how am I going to get my MK1 Braton to a Forma'able level? :sigh:

Can't you appreciate that I poo poo out more damage with my Volt than most people can with everything they have?

NEVER. Take your goddamn scrub pop gun and shove it! :ducksiren:

Love you really. Anyway. On the lines of actual content, if Frames are getting some prestige-esque abilities in the future, I suppose that means weapons might get something similar? That scrubgun might turn into a death machine I suppose.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

limited posted:

NEVER. Take your goddamn scrub pop gun and shove it! :ducksiren:

Love you really. Anyway. On the lines of actual content, if Frames are getting some prestige-esque abilities in the future, I suppose that means weapons might get something similar? That scrubgun might turn into a death machine I suppose.

Someone posted a video earlier of the MK-1 doing respectable things, but you have to forma it six times, and at that point you may as well just use the time/forma on a weapon useful fresh from the oven.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
"All these mantrains are blurring together."

"You go fast, you pound a dude, you go fast, you pound a dude, you go fast and then you find a new host for the party."

"And then you have to find new dudes for the key parties because people are too spent to continue or remember they have responsibilities."

Warframe should be played with goons.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
While I miss the Cheeto-dust haze of the cap train, breathing real air outside and talking to actual meatbag people lends perspective, and perspective says I have sunk way too much time into this game to not be exploiting this fountain of credits until it's patched out.

This reminds me of the U...9? resource drop table fuckup where rare poo poo dropped like candy.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

zgrowler2 posted:

While I miss the Cheeto-dust haze of the cap train, breathing real air outside and talking to actual meatbag people lends perspective, and perspective says I have sunk way too much time into this game to not be exploiting this fountain of credits until it's patched out.

This reminds me of the U...9? resource drop table fuckup where rare poo poo dropped like candy.

Or the great Potato robbery of 2013(?)

nacon
May 7, 2005

That T3 cap train this morning and this afternoon was... insanity. Your newly funded Zephyr part research brought to you by... broken rear end loot tables!

We were in and out for 25k in under 2 minutes on a few occasions.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I maxed my Serration mod with my own credits and cores :suicide:

(It would have stayed rank 9/10 forever if it weren't for that fancy new autofuse button)

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Autofuse made all those videos of people ranking up serration to max selecting mods one by one on Youtube look like idiots. Autofuse did make it clear to me though that maxing hornet strike as well would require more cores than I have and make me space-poor in credits.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

You'll have to contact support on that one, but the only thing I know will trigger a potential autoban (there are potentially others) is having Cheat Engine running in the background.

This is what has me stressing so much. Not knowing why. I don't cheat and have never downloaded Cheat Engine. I just listen to Spotify and sometimes Podcasts through webplayers while I play. I doubt and hope those aren't the cause.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

endlessmonotony posted:

And to explain why this is suddenly something you can do:
They first introduced new Void loot tables in update 12.
Then in hotfix 12.0.2 they removed cores and resources from the drop table, and this made the chance of a key drop high enough to keep playing T3 Capture for a very long time from just T3 Capture rewards.

I'm not sure if you can keep playing infinitely off just T3 Capture rewards, but I've never seen a goon group starting with 10 keys stop running a capture train because they ran out of keys. And with a good team, a T3 Capture takes at worst 5 minutes, and gives 25000 credits as a reward.

They changed the reward table not the actual in level drops.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Does anyone have any build recommendations for Vauban? Seems like any attempt at maximizing one power hurts another one.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
That depends on what you're doing with him, but you will almost always want Fleeting Expertise and Streamline on him. 1/4 cost powers on Vauban means you can poo poo out ludicrous amounts of CC or damage or pollute everything with Bounce for a very low cost.

6en Tesla is great for absolutely crushing low and mid level areas, Bounce is just plain fun(and more Bounce = more Fun), Bastille is an excellent lockdown that even works on some bosses, and Vortex is unaffected by range mods and damage mods so you can slot it in basically any build and have a non-target-limited CC that coincidentally brings all the mobs affected into Penta/Ogris/Ignis range.

From there, you just need to decide what kind of amazing you want to be today.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Rivensteel posted:

Does anyone have any build recommendations for Vauban? Seems like any attempt at maximizing one power hurts another one.

I'm still toying with mine, since I haven't touched him since before corrupted mods were a thing. I'm using Fleeting Expertise and Streamline to hit efficiency cap, Narrow Minded at rank 6 to get to 113% duration, Stretch to get to 103% range, Focus for 130% damage, and Redirection to not die.

The end result is that I have a few more bastille targets, tesla hits a little harder, and I can throw out my powers all day without worrying about energy. I could probably optimize a little more for certain circumstances, but what I have works for an all-rounder.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
So I've been running Corpus Survival missions a bunch because Oxium with my Defile All Day Nekros, and I just noticed that Defile works on enemies that have been blown up via MPrime. When did that happen? I thought the two were pretty much incompatible.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The Grammar Aryan posted:

So I've been running Corpus Survival missions a bunch because Oxium with my Defile All Day Nekros, and I just noticed that Defile works on enemies that have been blown up via MPrime. When did that happen? I thought the two were pretty much incompatible.

Quite a while ago, as far as I know. MPrime (and Vortex) doesn't actually destroy the corpses for a few seconds window so if a Nekros is pretty quick he can Defile before this happens. This was fixed because otherwise other frames would gently caress up his abilities.

Also go play Kappa, Sedna if you want Oxium :v:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Shugojin posted:

Also go play Kappa, Sedna if you want Oxium :v:

A normal run on Kappa can easily get you ~40 Oxium, assuming no Nekros stuff.

So, something I've been wondering re: vault runs. Do the dragon keys need to be crafted, or are they found in the level? I've never been on a vault run and I'd really like to get some corrupted mods, but I have no idea how they work. My impression from clan chat was that you pick the keys up on the level, while the wiki says that they are crafted.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Synastren posted:

So, something I've been wondering re: vault runs. Do the dragon keys need to be crafted, or are they found in the level? I've never been on a vault run and I'd really like to get some corrupted mods, but I have no idea how they work. My impression from clan chat was that you pick the keys up on the level, while the wiki says that they are crafted.

There are four different key types. They each give a massive debuff to some area of your frame (health, shields, move speed, and damage), and each person in your party takes one, so your rear end is covered, since the key needed is random. They are equipped in the same way team ammo restores and health restores and codex scanners are. When you find a vault, the person with the correct key runs up to it, presses X, and then takes the artifact inside (unless someone wants to get a double debuff).

i hate goats.
Jul 11, 2004
Simplified Procrastinator

Synastren posted:

They are located on the market under the Equipment - Gear tab.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I am 99.9999% sure desecrate doesn't work on Oxium Ospreys. Their death explosion, either kamikaze or killed by tenno, leaves no corpse for Nekros to work his magic on. I have never been able to get it work, but I'm still not entirely sure because :de:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

AndroidHub posted:

This guide is bad enough that I felt the need to edit it and repost it, it is in no way a complete guide now, but it's at least a bit better-

pre:
I don't recommend using extractors for anything really, they can be nice to have around, but unless you are able to check them 3+ times a day they generally aren't worth it.

Thanks for the suggestions! I haven't farmed a lot of resources so didn't have info on the best places to farm.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Man I really need to do some Vault runs, everyone's running around with their sick Fleeting Expertise builds and I'm still desperately picking up energy orbs from the floor like a space hobo.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Ajax posted:

I am 99.9999% sure desecrate doesn't work on Oxium Ospreys. Their death explosion, either kamikaze or killed by tenno, leaves no corpse for Nekros to work his magic on. I have never been able to get it work, but I'm still not entirely sure because :de:

It doesn't work on any ospreys or orokin shield drones afaik, one of the reasons mods like coolant leak are so rare.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Ajax posted:

People said the same stuff about Desecrate and Molecular Prime yet I just spent half an hour doing it with my Nekros.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

BarkingSquirrel posted:

People said the same stuff about Desecrate and Molecular Prime yet I just spent half an hour doing it with my Nekros.

Anyone who said that is stupid, or terrible at Nekros, or hasn't played Warframe in a really, really long time. M Prime reduces corpse time to 3 seconds. Infested inherently have 5 seconds, Grineer and Corpus hang around for nearer to 15 seconds. From what I've seen, it's borderline impossible to desecrate an enemy killed by Miasma. Not too sure about Oberon's ult, haven't played with enough goatmen to know.

I would dearly love to get Natural Talent on my desecrate robot.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Just got started on this game yesterday after a long-rear end hiatus, is there any way to trade poo poo? All I see is the market.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

Doublestep posted:

Just got started on this game yesterday after a long-rear end hiatus, is there any way to trade poo poo? All I see is the market.

There are trading posts in Clan Dojos.

Also, I'm starting to think Alad is just avoiding me now after I farmed all of those Neural Sensors way back when. I've got a Harvester death mark (or a dozen, considering how many invasions I've done), but I've never seen the little punk show up in a mission yet for me. Only time I fought it was back before it had guaranteed drops.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Verant posted:

There are trading posts in Clan Dojos.

Also, I'm starting to think Alad is just avoiding me now after I farmed all of those Neural Sensors way back when. I've got a Harvester death mark (or a dozen, considering how many invasions I've done), but I've never seen the little punk show up in a mission yet for me. Only time I fought it was back before it had guaranteed drops.

It won't show up if your character or weapons are level 30 for some reason.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Gestalt Intellect posted:

For some reason? I think we all know why.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I've had the harvester show up (on me, solo) when I was rocking my level 30 Rhino, Soma and Aklex so I don't know if that's true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

I've also had Harvester spawn on me while having lv30 equipment.

On an unrelated note, ugh, the new ODD drop tables are terrible. Four of us went in and went to wave 50 without too much trouble; it spammed us with T2 void keys and two Ember Prime BPs. No Boar reciever, no Forma, no T3 keys.