Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I have a professor who spends basically every class saying weird sexist stuff, complaining about Obama, and repeating the same few stories verbatim. I would drop the class but it's an easy a, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Coffee And Pie posted:

I have a professor who spends basically every class saying weird sexist stuff, complaining about Obama, and repeating the same few stories verbatim. I would drop the class but it's an easy a, so...

I think easy As trump any bullshit you might have to go through. Plus it generates more content for this thread! :)

I hate the awkward silence in my English 101 class that happens every single time the instructor asks a question. It's only around 24 people in a small computer lab, and I feel like such a teacher's pet or one of those assholes who answers questions too often but honestly if these people are not even going to try I may as well. :eng101:

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
One of the professors of my Women/Gender/Sexuality Studies class is like a loving caricature of the second wave man-hating trans-exclusive feminist. For being a supposed expert on this stuff, she says a lot of cissexist pop-feminist bullshit. :psyduck: Every other professor in that class (four profs rotate lecture, then each lead smaller discussion groups) has had to either correct her or apologize for something she's said.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Professor, I really appreciate that you let me know that there were a few internships available a full week after their entry deadline. That's just great. I also appreciate how you can never give us a straight answer for the definition of anything, but you can remember every minute detail of tangential stories. But it's the easiest of easy A's, so I can't complain.

Malkamar
Mar 15, 2009
MY DEAD HUSBAND WAS FULL OF SHIT

Last week my professor spent the first fifteen minutes of class telling us about how the US Government planned and orchestrated 9/11. Today he bitterly suggested that whoever e-mailed the department chair with a complaint should drop his class and expressed his disbelief with said student's inability to "handle an opinion."

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

One of the professors of my Women/Gender/Sexuality Studies class is like a loving caricature of the second wave man-hating trans-exclusive feminist. For being a supposed expert on this stuff, she says a lot of cissexist pop-feminist bullshit. :psyduck: Every other professor in that class (four profs rotate lecture, then each lead smaller discussion groups) has had to either correct her or apologize for something she's said.

There is always one of these and it's super frustrating. I think it's because there's always that one weirdo WS major who stays around for so long and takes so many classes they somehow end up with a phd and start teaching.

Also hey university admin thanks for paying to cover the entire campus in rock salt. Now every pathway is a sludge river and everyone's shoes and pants look like they're covered in dried jizz.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I've just started doing my bachelor's thesis these days, so everything is pretty terrible all around. On days when I don't have any classes, I just procrastinate and occacionally dredge through databases looking for sources. God, do I hate not having tight deadlines. At least then I can manage to put in some effort in my work.

Actual gripe: When books in the library ends up being nothing but a loving glorified list of references.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
:arghfist: (pretend it's the old man shaking his fist)

When did sweatpants become trendy attire with college kids? I swear to christ at least 75% of the males in my writing class wear them. These are all in shape, friendly, normal kids, but when I was in my late teens the only people who wore sweatpants were people who weren't really socially acceptable. It doesn't bother me in any way I just find it odd. Also, the penetration of big Beats headphones is complete and makes me feel self-conscious with my little white earbuds. I've come to accept that everyone under 25 is unable to sit still without their either their laptops or cell phones in their hands.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ariza posted:

When did sweatpants become trendy attire with college kids? I swear to christ at least 75% of the males in my writing class wear them. These are all in shape, friendly, normal kids, but when I was in my late teens the only people who wore sweatpants were people who weren't really socially acceptable. It doesn't bother me in any way I just find it odd. Also, the penetration of big Beats headphones is complete and makes me feel self-conscious with my little white earbuds. I've come to accept that everyone under 25 is unable to sit still without their either their laptops or cell phones in their hands.

I can hardly tell any of my fellow female students apart anymore. They all wear the same thing: Uggs, baggy sweatpants, off-one-shoulder knit sweater, and a floppy sock bun. I stick out like a sore thumb sometimes.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Ariza posted:

That's odd, most of the guys in my class (I'm a freshman) almost exclusively wear blue jeans and the girls yoga pants. Or shorts in this -10 degree weather if they're loving nuts.

Also I think :corsair: is what you are looking for.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

How Rude posted:

That's odd, most of the guys in my class (I'm a freshman) almost exclusively wear blue jeans and the girls yoga pants. Or shorts in this -10 degree weather if they're loving nuts.

This has been my experience too

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
College students have a uniform now, didn't you hear?

Guys: Baggy light-wash jeans, black North Face fleece, ugly running shoes
Girls: Black yoga pants, colorful North Face fleece, tan uggs

Sometimes I feel too dressed up in a button-down and cardigan.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Malkamar posted:

Last week my professor spent the first fifteen minutes of class telling us about how the US Government planned and orchestrated 9/11. Today he bitterly suggested that whoever e-mailed the department chair with a complaint should drop his class and expressed his disbelief with said student's inability to "handle an opinion."

It must be really hard to sit through the class thinking "is this retard completely loving wrong about this?" to every single thing he says

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Ariza posted:

I've come to accept that everyone under 25 is unable to sit still without their either their laptops or cell phones in their hands.
I have literally never seen anyone who was using a laptop or tablet in-class actually use it for taking notes or doing work. Literally never, not a single time. It's been such a consistent 1:1 correlation that at this point I see the 1-2 people in every class who bring a laptop/tablet (every class that doesn't specifically ban them, anyway) as a personal insult. Given that I have never seen one used for note-taking or classwork purposes*, I'm forced to interpret this behavior as meaning "not only do I place absolutely no value on my own academic future, but I've decided that, rather than just skipping the class I don't intend to pay any attention to and plan on failing**, I shall ACTUALLY SHOW UP for the sole purposes of distracting as many other people as I can. If I'm lucky, the professor will call on me at some point, so that I might demonstrate how little I have to offer both this class and society as a whole."

*I don't mean "switching between classwork and Facebook/Reddit", I said "literally" because I meant "literally"
**I've never seen any of these people in more than one class, so I can only assume that each semester they all flunk out

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Maybe they're right, though. I had a professor ask last week why fig trees were so prominent in religious stories; I assumed the answer was "because fig trees were common in the areas most of the religions being discussed originated", but apparently he was looking for "because all religions secretly adhere to the traditions of an ancient priestly rape cabal that kidnaps virgins and meets under fig trees, as seen in the part of story of the Garden of Eden where the serpent rapes Eve." :stare:

IllIllIll
Feb 17, 2012

This is an actual slide from my thermodynamics class, taught by the most senior professor in the department. There's no animations or anything that comes after, just these equations. No explain provided in the powerpoint whatsoever as to what any of this means, and he blew through this slide in class in under 30 seconds. Also, half the exponents are unreadable and I don't know what's happened with those parentheses. I took this class a while ago, so now I can kind of make sense of it, but at the time it was completely bewildering.

IllIllIll has a new favorite as of 02:13 on Feb 12, 2014

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

My fluid mechanics textbook was the worst for that. It provided every equation and their derivations in a very mathematically-rigorous way (using volume and surface integrals and all that fun stuff) but it was way overboard. All the practice problems in the entire book as well as all the course content involved flows through channels and pipes, etc. where the integrals were over simple shapes and where the flow was perpendicular to the surface so everything simplified into very simple terms.

Graveyardstick
Nov 18, 2007

Are you too depressed to finish biting through that piece of toast?
Before the current semester started I went on campus to register for classes and was told I needed a student ID to do so. It wasn't my first semester, but I'd taken a break for a while and didn't know where my old ID was. Frustrated, I trekked on down to the office where ID cards were handed out. "Sorry," they informed me, "You need to be registered for classes this semester to get an ID."

:bang:

Luckily my favorite counselor had his door open and was happy to sign me up for classes without any red tape ID bullshit.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

IllIllIll posted:

This is an actual slide from my thermodynamics class, taught by the most senior professor in the department. There's no animations or anything that comes after, just these equations. No explain provided in the powerpoint whatsoever as to what any of this means, and he blew through this slide in class in under 30 seconds. Also, half the exponents are unreadable and I don't know what's happened with those parentheses. I took this class a while ago, so now I can kind of make sense of it, but at the time it was completely bewildering.

I hate experienced thermo professors. Mine put poo poo up like that on a chalkboard and would erase it before we had a chance to even write it down. No slides online or anything. They forgot that, yes, it's second nature and simple as hell to them, but we don't have a PhD and 20 years of experience. We're, in fact, trying to learn it for the first time!

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Ariza posted:

When did sweatpants become trendy attire with college kids? I swear to christ at least 75% of the males in my writing class wear them. These are all in shape, friendly, normal kids, but when I was in my late teens the only people who wore sweatpants were people who weren't really socially acceptable.

Are you sure it's sweatpants. For some reason about 5-10 years ago I noticed a lot of students took to wearing their pajama bottoms to class. I don't know what the loving point was of that but it still goes on.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

Are you sure it's sweatpants. For some reason about 5-10 years ago I noticed a lot of students took to wearing their pajama bottoms to class. I don't know what the loving point was of that but it still goes on.

It's definitely sweatpants. I checked in my writing course and 14 of the 20 males in my class were wearing sweatpants. Some of them even have full sweatsuits with the matching hoodie. I'm in a poor city and a lot of the kids are from NYC, so maybe it's just starting to spread. It looks comfy as poo poo though. I wish I could pull it off.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
My communication professor last semester was an amazing peek into Bizzaro Land. Never before or since have I seen a human being more determined to be wrong about absolutely everything. She believed in auras, telepathy, clairvoyance, every gender stereotype she could muster as well as Masaru Emoto's laughable HITLER CURES ICE CRYSTALS "experiments" and brought at least one of these up every time she could.

I didn't make much of an attempt to argue with her for obvious reasons, but I did once spend about 5 minutes failing to convince her that "up yours" is an insult and the V sign is a rude gesture in the UK, so I have to assume she just believes all falsehoods and disbelieves all truths.

I would probably have been pretty angry if I lived in a country without free university education. As it stands, I left most of her classes confused and desperately stifling laughter.

HMS Boromir has a new favorite as of 10:42 on Feb 12, 2014

ferretsrule
Jul 8, 2010

It's an ostrich :)
So, today the IT department for my school have accused me of 'hacking' a license server and illegally using software licensed to the university.
He's written an email about this being 'the real world' and "How can someone on a private laptop linking to a license on a license server owned and run by a third party without that third party’s knowledge and permission not be seen as illegal?", completely ignoring the fact that the third party in this case is the university, and I have permission to use this software from a representative of the university, my project supervisor. Apparently its my fault that departments within the school don't communicate.

This entire university is a joke.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

ferretsrule posted:

So, today the IT department for my school have accused me of 'hacking' a license server and illegally using software licensed to the university.
He's written an email about this being 'the real world' and "How can someone on a private laptop linking to a license on a license server owned and run by a third party without that third party’s knowledge and permission not be seen as illegal?", completely ignoring the fact that the third party in this case is the university, and I have permission to use this software from a representative of the university, my project supervisor. Apparently its my fault that departments within the school don't communicate.

This entire university is a joke.

Even though I withdrew from my joke of a school I still have keycard access into all the studios. Studios full of equipment worth thousands of dollars. Studios that I have done basic tech support for on my own time because the dudes downstairs have don't bother coming up to make sure basic things like computers being plugged in are done.

I probably will have access until the end of the summer all things considered.

Sk8ers4Christ
Mar 10, 2008

Lord, I ask you to watch over me as I pop an ollie off this 50-foot ramp. If I fail, I'll be seeing you.
Last year I submitted my FAFSA and tax transcripts four months early, only to find out I was missing a letter from the IRS that had never been required before and I had never heard about. They didn't call or email me, but put a hold on my account two days before classes started. While I was sorting that out, I couldn't get any aid, and as a result could not pay my tuition. Got a hold placed on my account for that, emails everyday telling me to pay my tuition. Called student accounts and the financial aid office to explain my situation. They understood and explained everything would be okay, but I still had the hold and was getting fined for non-payment. Whatever, it'll probably come off once I get that letter.

Well, I was right about that. I didn't have to pay the fine, and the hold came off once they got all the required paperwork. But I got a email saying since I submitted past the FAFSA deadline, my rewards were significantly lower than what had been originally posted. I STILL could not pay my tuition, so I had to take out loans to cover the present and next semester. I took a little extra for books and supplies. Three weeks before the semester ended, they mailed me my refund, despite having direct deposit. The envelope was unsealed.

Also, this semester they decided to take away one of my grants about a week into class, because they found out I have too many credit hours (six extra). This is my last semester. The classes I'm taking are required for my major to graduate.

Oh, and the reason why I'm over the credit requirements? Three courses I took at the same school were not being counted toward my degree. I talked to three advisers before one of them figured out what was going on. When she corrected it, the grant was taken away.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Even though I withdrew from my joke of a school I still have keycard access into all the studios. Studios full of equipment worth thousands of dollars. Studios that I have done basic tech support for on my own time because the dudes downstairs have don't bother coming up to make sure basic things like computers being plugged in are done.

I probably will have access until the end of the summer all things considered.

On the other side of the coin the little team of student workers I'm on was recently reprimanded because one of us had the gall to install Google Chrome on a computer instead of waiting the 2 weeks for IT to show up while we used Internet Explorer. I wouldn't be so pissed about it if the version of IE the computer had was compatible with the TLR system or the online classroom stuff.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
Today in my first class, I got the full experience of "racist old lady teacher". My professor is around 70 years old, teaches Latin, and apparently hates anyone that hails from South Korea with a burning passion. She went off on a rant about how they're "rude and should learn some proper manners and English" after a guy mistakenly wandered into our classroom in the middle of a quiz. She stared daggers at him even though he blushed crimson, apologized profusely, and backed out of the room quickly. She must hate her job, my university has a large amount of foreign students.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
The one thing that still baffles me about my old college is when my class got a new student mentor.

My major was the smallest by far in the faculty. we had 10-20 full time students, about 80 part-time students, compared to about 500 to a 1000 in the other majors. In generally it felt as if we were considered an afterthought and that killed motivation in a lot of students and most lingered or quit altogether (this was noted by tutors who teached other classes but ours as well, we were the least motivated class ever).

Enter the new mentor at the start of the new semester: First thing she did was contacting everyone in my class and asked us if we had any problems she could help us with. She had a lot of individual conversations with each of us and drew up a plan to get us all out of the rut we got stuck in.

Then suddenly after this flurry of activity.. it stopped.

When I tried to contact her about some progress, all my mails were bounced and after a month or so it was announced we would get our old mentor again (who was poo poo, lazy and was a huge creep to the girls in class). Turns out her husband got a job in China and she suddenly left, without telling any of us.

Needless to say, after a while most students were back to their old ways and I only graduated eventually because they started gifting me ECTS like mad for classes I never even should've taken.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

I'm taking a Visual Communications class as an elective this semester and the very first thing presented to us is a PowerPoint slide with "Welcome to Visual Communications" written in comic sans with a wacky transition and sound effect. This was in no way intended as a joke, as we found out he loves wacky PowerPoint effects. Thank god this is my last semester.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
I've recently entered college going on my second semester and have plenty of things to complain about, alot along the lines of "What the gently caress, this is how things are?" That I'll probably laugh at in a year or two times.

The white supremacists in my microeconomics class with the Haitian professor. Most recent event being his 20 minute parade on how blacks should be grateful for slavery because other wise they be living in Africa which is a shithole because them blacks can't run a country and not because of Europe or anything.

His Libertarian friend, who somehow disagrees with the law of Supply, the law of demand is totes cool thought for some reason.

Professor's Canceling class that start before noon with no emails, I could be sleeping dammit.

The Janitor always managing to come to clean the restroom right after I walk in, regardless of what building or floor I go to. I honestly thought they would have a schedule or something. It's always the same Janitor and he knows my face now.

The rear end in a top hat with the free hugs sign on Tuesdays that doesn't take no for answer.

My friend on Thursdays with the free hugs signs who try to convince me to help her.

These two jerks who always start an argument in the Library and try to drag me into them claiming it's my fault it started. No it wasn't you gently caress wits, I was watching Gundam 00 in peace and you peeked at my laptop, by looking over my shoulder, by walking behind when I was in the back leaning against the loving wall. I don't care if you think it's poo poo or if the other guy thinks it rocks leave me out of it people are staring and I just want to watch Robots fight in peace.:colbert:

The guy who watches strike witches, in the main administrative building, that is also the main entrance seeing as the parking lot and loop are in front of it. On a computer at the wall facing all the chairs where everyone is going to sit. I mean holyshit man every time panties show up how do you not notice everyone get quite seeing as you aren't wearing headphones either.

The guy in the Library who asked me, a complete stranger, to break up with his girlfriend for him. Grow a drat pair.

My speech professor for not insisting on sources yet, he said he would be but it hasn't started yet and every single one of you people manage to be horribly wrong about everything.

And now to start on my art professor last semester. It was a drawing one class. He did not teach anyone to draw. The one time he said something vaguely resembling a lesson was a perspective and that amounted to "everything should point at the vanishing points, now even thought there's two hours of class left I'm leaving, have a drawing of the main building in 3 point perspective by the next class." I knew alittle about perspective so I stayed and help out my classmates, now there's a group of assholes who won't stop calling me Sensei. He was the most egoistical, well educated udder idiot I've ever met. Had alot of mostly unrelated degrees he loved to show off and brag about o freshmen. Instead of teaching class he went on about conspiracy theories, alpha brain waves, new age white American Taoism, contrails, the super secrete massive super microwave generation facility at the north pole that the U.K. and U.S.A Used to bounce microwaves off the Aluminum powder released by the contrails in the atmosphere to control peoples mind and give them depression to sell them medication. Magical Paradigm shift that match up with the astrology bullshit in which the Egyptians are torus, the Jews were Ares, the Christians Pisces, and soon them women folk will take over because Aquarius is next. He also went on to inform us on how apparently you only needed meat to live if you where blood type O, art by "Uneducated" people was worthless, how human laws that go against nature should be unwritten, like age of consent, in a class with high school duel-enrollment students as young 13-14. Mental illnesses are made up by pharmaceutical companies to sell pills unless it happens to be one he specifically mentions or makes up.

Also when a classmate informed him she would have to miss a class because she need to see doctors frequently about her Ovarian cyst, his response was she should hurry and lop them off already. I got more stories about him, I dropped the class too.

Also it's kinda weird being in classes that no longer line up with my age group. I could be talking to a group from class and suddenly realize I'm the only one who can't drink.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Ariza posted:

When did sweatpants become trendy attire with college kids? I swear to christ at least 75% of the males in my writing class wear them. These are all in shape, friendly, normal kids, but when I was in my late teens the only people who wore sweatpants were people who weren't really socially acceptable. It doesn't bother me in any way I just find it odd.

You could be describing the dress code when I was a freshman in 1983; it was baffling to see people coming to class in pajamas and sweats then, especially when preppy was still very much the fashion!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Sir PigglyWiggly posted:

And now to start on my art professor last semester. It was a drawing one class. He did not teach anyone to draw. The one time he said something vaguely resembling a lesson was a perspective and that amounted to "everything should point at the vanishing points, now even thought there's two hours of class left I'm leaving, have a drawing of the main building in 3 point perspective by the next class." I knew alittle about perspective so I stayed and help out my classmates, now there's a group of assholes who won't stop calling me Sensei. He was the most egoistical, well educated udder idiot I've ever met. Had alot of mostly unrelated degrees he loved to show off and brag about o freshmen. Instead of teaching class he went on about conspiracy theories, alpha brain waves, new age white American Taoism, contrails, the super secrete massive super microwave generation facility at the north pole that the U.K. and U.S.A Used to bounce microwaves off the Aluminum powder released by the contrails in the atmosphere to control peoples mind and give them depression to sell them medication. Magical Paradigm shift that match up with the astrology bullshit in which the Egyptians are torus, the Jews were Ares, the Christians Pisces, and soon them women folk will take over because Aquarius is next. He also went on to inform us on how apparently you only needed meat to live if you where blood type O, art by "Uneducated" people was worthless, how human laws that go against nature should be unwritten, like age of consent, in a class with high school duel-enrollment students as young 13-14. Mental illnesses are made up by pharmaceutical companies to sell pills unless it happens to be one he specifically mentions or makes up.

Also when a classmate informed him she would have to miss a class because she need to see doctors frequently about her Ovarian cyst, his response was she should hurry and lop them off already. I got more stories about him, I dropped the class too.

:stare:
I'm just a freshman in college but can these kinds of professors get reported for talking like this? Because holy poo poo that is loving insane.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!

How Rude posted:

I'm just a freshman in college but can these kinds of professors get reported for talking like this? Because holy poo poo that is loving insane.

AN older student old me some other stories about him. This is a professor who went on a rant about how Palestinians should be grateful the Israelis still let them live on that land, and how Islamic cultures have no historic claim to land, or any land in the whole middle east and other poo poo, all because a student, when asked her ethnicity said she was Palestinian. :colbert: I don't think he's gonna get fired if he hasn't already.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

How Rude posted:

Oh, you can report them to the Registrar and I was shocked at how effective it can be. When I was going for my BA a bunch of us reported the Economics 100 prof for not knowing poo poo (she was blatantly regurgitating the textbook to a flagrant degree) and suddenly she was gone and replaced by someone who was amazing.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
There is one student, who no matter what, will steer the discussion immediately in pro-Israel politics if given the chance. Teacher goes to the crowd for thoughts on why Vietnam won the Vietnam war, took him about a minute to get to Israel. loving impressive, and obnoxious as gently caress.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.
Here's something funny. I'm failing my easiest class. I have been investing so much time into my difficult senior level chemistry classes that I have been neglecting the homework for my easy creative design elective class.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I am reminded of why I hated living in student accommodation. I liked being close to campus, making a few friends.

But I swear to god, there's always some herfderf setting off a fire or car alarm. Someone is always smoking inside (hey, thanks for the asthma attacks. I signed up for a no smoking hall for a reason, rear end). More often than not, the elevator is either broken, puked in or someone has done something horrific in it. Our emergency phones are often ripped out of the way and I think the room above me is inhabited by nymphomaniac hippos pausing only to play Wii Clog Dancing and Bowling Ball Dropping.

And this one jackass pretty much monopolizes the kitchen despite all of us talking to him and the RA. I have yet to eat dinner before 8 or 9PM without resorting to takeout or delivery. Maybe it's a cultural thing and I'm a racist rear end in a top hat. But it's a kitchen meant for 2-3 people. And some days I don't get lunch or breakfast unless I have granola bars or something. It's really stressing me out to the point I am thinking of contacting accommodations and asking to get out of here.

Hey. I get it. When I was an undergrad, I didn't really need much sleep. Being up all night at unholy hours? No problem. Now I'm just sick of hearing them screaming, whooping and hollering at 3AM on a Tuesday.

The worst part is, I am in the 'quiet' accommodation.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

People wear sweatpants in college because they are getting fat.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

spunkshui posted:

People wear sweatpants in college because they are getting fat.

I am already there, thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I see skinny people wearing sweats/pajamas, I think people just don't care. In all honesty, I'm getting close to that point myself.

• Locked thread