Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The dinosaurs are technically not extinct drat it :argh:

Also the K/T Boundary Extinction was also caused by massive volcanic activity, I mean just look at the Deccan Plateau in India.

Also shame she didn't bring up the percent of life that is extinct: 95% :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hate these stupid, pop science, "humans are invasive species maaaaan" chodes so much. It's such generic nihilist trash.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I hate these stupid, pop science, "humans are invasive species maaaaan" chodes so much. It's such generic nihilist trash.
Was talking to my Oceanography teacher and we came to the depressing realization that all that is left of humanity will be a 3 inch layer of plastic.

Man humanity is going to be a blip on the geologic time scale.

Seriously just read this thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3453503
We are so hosed because of rich old assholes :cry:

My mineralogy professor was always talking about how we are going to run out of phosphorous and how hosed we were.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That gorilla costume looked rather blase about the whole thing.

That injury does not sound fun.

"I'm covered with hundreds of scars...someone of them physical"

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 12, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

This is magical :allears:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
The only possible way this can end is for Feelyat to be recognized as an Olympic event.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

gently caress the NFL, I hope the Steelers draft him though since we aren't owned by assholes

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

404GoonNotFound posted:

The only possible way this can end is for Feelyat to be recognized as an Olympic event.

Or Shirling.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow, that guy shuddering on "gay player".

I mean, its not really surprising that higher ups in the NFL are homophobic meathead assholes, and sports journalists aren't much better, but actually seeing it is just disgusting.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
It's depressing to think that Jeb Bush is now considered a "good" governor because the steady decline from Bush to Crist has finally reached the deepest depths with Rick Scott. I'm glad I got out of there because FL is on a slide into the abyss and while I'm sad for some of the people still there I hope I live long enough to see it all covered by rising oceans.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
this buddy guy is making me lose my poo poo. They need to have him interview republicans.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Buddy Guy interviewing politicians would make for the most amazing blues albums ever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Miltank posted:

this buddy guy is making me lose my poo poo. They need to have him interview republicans.

Last year I would say watch Kids on the hall as its all on Netflix, but its now gone :argh:

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Both shows had awkward interviews.

Stewart seemed like he knew more about what was in the book than Kolbert. And she kept bobbing her head.

Charlie Crist probably felt awkward there getting interviewed after Colbert did two sketches about gays. If you haven't seen the documentary "Outrage", he not only was he once a Republican, but an anti-gay closeted gay Republican.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Colbert's ironically homophobic jokes are getting really loving old. That's really my biggest problem with Colbert: If you're doing something ironically, you're still doing it.

Notsosubtle
Oct 30, 2008
That's an odd way to analyze satire, I feel the same way about Voltaire.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

"I'm covered with hundreds of scars...someone of them physical"

Best Line. Keep Buddy Cole forever.

ThatPazuzu posted:

Colbert's ironically homophobic jokes are getting really loving old. That's really my biggest problem with Colbert: If you're doing something ironically, you're still doing it.

This is a battle I've been having with a friend of mine. His habit of making ironic comments towards women and people of color is more consistent than many casual racists I encounter.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 13, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ThatPazuzu posted:

But like, that's like saying he is 'still' saying, I dunno, poor kids should be made into pills for Prescott Pharmaceuticals because I'm pretty sure he did that bit.

He's not 'still' being homophobic because he's the butt of the joke, not us. You're supposed to laugh at how stupid he is not laugh at how true his gay joke was.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This is a battle I've been having with a friend of mine. His habit of making ironic comments towards women and people of color is more consistent than many casual racists I encounter.

I don't suppose that's because he's an over-the-top parody of those people.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how the US Sports coverage is now all "bah, who cares about the Winter Olympics?" now that the US isn't winning everything. Oh and its all joke sports.

Sair
May 11, 2007

What a lovely Scottish/Russian accent.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
This is gonna hurt.

edit:Hope Jason doesn't get killed. Also this is super sad.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

YES! This is the Jason Jones I love to see now :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Russians are human trash, shock of shocks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The table can't consent though.

"I own Rick Santorum an apology"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That ending was sad and heartwarming at the same time. :gbsmith:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Guess I have to re-watch that interview, I kind of zoned out of that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Ambassador to allied minor nations are always wank positions, news at 11.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Haven't ambassador posts always been given to political fundraisers? Granted, you should still know things about the country, but still.

Ha, beaten with an answer instead of a question.

Myst Hat
Jul 10, 2004
I don't think it's a lot to ask that you've been to the place at least once, if even just a quick jaunt between the nomination and the confirmation hearing to pick up a souvenir.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Y-Hat posted:

Haven't ambassador posts always been given to political fundraisers? Granted, you should still know things about the country, but still.

Yes, or gently caress offs given to people you need out of your hair. Real diplomacy doesn't need a super trained ambassador, they're just the face. It's the least damming corruption to bring up because their jobs are meaningless as long as we have massive agencies doing this poo poo.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Are they playing that clip in true-motion?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Being an ambassador is like being line leader in kindergarten, you're not really leading the line, you just got a bunch of gold stars.

Also gently caress this new Robocop poo poo.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
That was a nice scene. Don't really care about the robocop argument.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I like this guy though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Myst Hat posted:

I don't think it's a lot to ask that you've been to the place at least once, if even just a quick jaunt between the nomination and the confirmation hearing to pick up a souvenir.

I agree, but using that as the basis for an entire segment to say "see guys there's corruption on both sides!" is awfully Southparky.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
I should know who that guy was.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

No.1 Special posted:

I should know who that guy was.

You should, Jon calling him every comic's grandpa was accurate.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yes, or gently caress offs given to people you need out of your hair.
See: Huntsman, John.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

I agree, but using that as the basis for an entire segment to say "see guys there's corruption on both sides!" is awfully Southparky.
Well that's kind of a bit of a part of this show recently.

• Locked thread