Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I was not expecting that. Nice job, Kishimoto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Good grief it took like 5 chapters to get from point a to point b.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Rynder posted:

Good grief it took like 5 chapters to get from point a to point b.

That's about par for the course at the current pacing. Springtime of Youth starting to creep into story just makes me happy though.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I can't wait for the massive asspull this is going to take to fix.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

SpazmasterX posted:

you mean MOTHERFUCKIN' TENTEN?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
TenTen will walk up with that Jar shout at Madara then he will reply and be sealed. Thus TenTen saves the day.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'll admit, I did not see Black Zetsu stealing the other half of the nine tails. Ofcourse the reason we didn't see it coming was because the how was just silly. So he split a part of himself off through the ground to be between Naruto and the Fourth thus causing the Fourth to put the Ninetails in him instead of Naruto. All without anyone noticing. See what happens when you just stand there being irrelevant Kakashi!

Come on 8th gate Gai!

SpazmasterX posted:

Fortunately they have lots of bits and pieces of nine tails and eight tails everywhere. Don't forget the brothers that were locked in the jar also contained the nine tails. :sigh:

edit: I can't spell. :(

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

SpazmasterX posted:

Sounds like a good time for some new eyehax.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

So who is that guy stood over the second and Sasuke?
The pacing in this is frustrating as hell, stop dragging this nonsense out for bad comedy sections, tia Kishimoto.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MonsterEnvy posted:

TenTen will walk up with that Jar shout at Madara then he will reply and be sealed. Thus TenTen saves the day.
This manga is now and has always been about Tenten.

And asspulls. Asspulls should be in the thread title.
Like when Karin healed herself by feeding on her own chakra...
Or Obito edo tensai'd himself back to life...
Or Madara summoning Susanoo, despite having no eyes...
Or everything Madara does all of the time...

Post your favorite asspulls, it's not like we have anything else to talk about.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Naruto dying and TenTen defeating Madara would be the greatest ending in shounen history.

Won't happen, but one can dream.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Aurain posted:

So who is that guy stood over the second and Sasuke?
The pacing in this is frustrating as hell, stop dragging this nonsense out for bad comedy sections, tia Kishimoto.

Shisui Uchiha is my guess, or Jiraiya. It'll be some deus ex machina character no matter what though, take your pick out of the relevant characters introduced over the years who may be dead or alive.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Allarion posted:

Shisui Uchiha is my guess, or Jiraiya. It'll be some deus ex machina character no matter what though, take your pick out of the relevant characters introduced over the years who may be dead or alive.

They didnīt recognise the Chakra, so I donīt expect Jiraiya.

How about Danzo back from his special sealing thing.

Shisui would be such an asspull, everyone knows heīs dead....so there's a good chance it's him.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New Chapter

More bullshit asspulls coming from Madara/Zetsu, joy.

At least Team Guy seems to have been replaced by its springtime of youth counterparts :v:
Haha Tenten's reaction made me think exactly that.

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!
On one hand, it was Minato's fault for standing around having a flashback in the middle of a fight. On the other, what kind of rear end in a top hat attacks while his opponent is having a flashback? Black Zetsu may be the most evil villain of the series so far.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

They didnīt recognise the Chakra, so I donīt expect Jiraiya.

How about Danzo back from his special sealing thing.

Shisui would be such an asspull, everyone knows heīs dead....so there's a good chance it's him.

Danzo didn't get sealed. He completely destroyed his body so that no one could get all of his sharingan. However, I think he left behind blood so I guess someone could have used edo tensei on him for no reason?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

loving Shisui.

:geno: Uchiha Shisui committed suicide last night by jumping into the river. He left a suicide note and its in his handwriting, but that would be easy for the sharingan to fake, so we aren't ruling out murder. Also, he had no eyes, so there might be something to that.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wili posted:

On one hand, it was Minato's fault for standing around having a flashback in the middle of a fight. On the other, what kind of rear end in a top hat attacks while his opponent is having a flashback? Black Zetsu may be the most evil villain of the series so far.

Nope totally Minato's fault. Is it so loving hard to hold of on transferring your perpetual chakra demon until after you've made contact with the skin of your dying child? Who the gently caress uses a technique that can be Looney Toons yoinked simply by touching your hand before you touch someone else with your hand?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I have a random theory based on last week's chapter...

What if Karin is actually a clone of Naruto's mom? She has the chain arts, the hair, the name, and last week Oro said something to the effect of "she finally learned it!"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Caros posted:

loving Shisui.

:geno: Uchiha Shisui committed suicide last night by jumping into the river. He left a suicide note and its in his handwriting, but that would be easy for the sharingan to fake, so we aren't ruling out murder. Also, he had no eyes, so there might be something to that.

It'll all be worth it if the manga turns on a dime and is about Uchiha Shisui solving crimes that the rest of the ninja world is just too dumb to solve. Though he'll need a ninja doctor side kick. And a violin and a good stimulant to abuse.

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005

Gyges posted:

a good stimulant to abuse.

Eyes

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Maybe the mystery man is Sage Kabuto fresh from his time in sharingan purgatory?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Skychrono posted:

What if Karin is actually a clone of Naruto's mom? She has the chain arts, the hair, the name, and last week Oro said something to the effect of "she finally learned it!"

They don't really look that similar? Also, Big O kind of has a habit of picking up survivors of otherwise extinct clans for experimental purposes. There isn't really any reason to think that Karin is anything but a distant relative.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shoren posted:

Maybe the mystery man is Sage Kabuto fresh from his time in sharingan purgatory?
Nobody from Orochimaru's group recognised him, which I think they would do. So it's someone they don't know or don't know well.

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012
Zetsu is the most sneaky ninja of them all.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Hand of the King posted:

Zetsu is the most sneaky only ninja of them all.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

You're forgetting the fish guy. He ninjaed the heck outta Naruto + friends.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

Nope totally Minato's fault. Is it so loving hard to hold of on transferring your perpetual chakra demon until after you've made contact with the skin of your dying child? Who the gently caress uses a technique that can be Looney Toons yoinked simply by touching your hand before you touch someone else with your hand?

Remember he's the fastest ninja who ever existed and was just caught off guard by black zetsu who couldn't even dodge a sword slash a few days ago (in-story time).

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Darth TNT posted:

Nobody from Orochimaru's group recognised him, which I think they would do. So it's someone they don't know or don't know well.

Help me out here because I can't remember that far back, but did Oro & crew ever meet Kabuto in his sage form? All we saw is a bare foot which I think is how we left Kabuto, plus his chakra might make him appear different as a sage so I wouldn't rule it out entirely. If not him then it's gotta be someone we haven't seen before.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Shoren posted:

Help me out here because I can't remember that far back, but did Oro & crew ever meet Kabuto in his sage form? All we saw is a bare foot which I think is how we left Kabuto, plus his chakra might make him appear different as a sage so I wouldn't rule it out entirely. If not him then it's gotta be someone we haven't seen before.

They did, Orochimaru absorbed Kabuto's sage chakra to reverse his form, and Suigetsu and Juugo were the ones who brought Sasuke the information how to revive Orochimaru in the first place. So only Karin has not seen Kabuto as a dragon sage.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Was that thing that landed of Guy the jar that contained that one ninja who has some of Kurama's chackra?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

SgtSteel91 posted:

Was that thing that landed of Guy the jar that contained that one ninja who has some of Kurama's chackra?

Yup, these were the legendary ninja tools of the sage of the six paths, but I would think the ten-tails already absorbed Kurama's chakra from them, since that is the whole reason Obito fed the tools to the gedo statue in the first place.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Yup, these were the legendary ninja tools of the sage of the six paths, but I would think the ten-tails already absorbed Kurama's chakra from them, since that is the whole reason Obito fed the tools to the gedo statue in the first place.

I think the statue works more like a checklist. Is it in? OK, time to revive. I mean taking the tailed beasts out again was super easy, so it's not like they merge into a ten tails.
I mean the nine tails chakra was contained in the gold silver Edo Tensei brothers who in turn were contained in a jar with a powerfull seal. I don't think the Chakra is out of the jar yet. Also the most likely way to save Naruto.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Skychrono posted:

No, she's just a random Uzumaki, like Nagato. It's was revealed somewhere over 100 chapters ago.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Darth TNT posted:

I don't think the Chakra is out of the jar yet. Also the most likely way to save Naruto.

It would be pretty awesome if Naruto was saved by that little bit instead of getting half of the Kyuubi inside him once again. It'd mean he got less powerful rather than more to help finish the final bad guy and would leave the Kyuubi itself a free entity, no longer bound to him, but an actual ally by choice. I kind of figured Guy would rejuvenate from the jar somehow and buy enough time by jobbing to Madara using the 8th gate for Minato to stomp Black Zetsu and put the other half of the Kyuubi back in Naruto, but that would be way better.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

tsob posted:

It would be pretty awesome if Naruto was saved by that little bit instead of getting half of the Kyuubi inside him once again. It'd mean he got less powerful rather than more to help finish the final bad guy and would leave the Kyuubi itself a free entity, no longer bound to him, but an actual ally by choice. I kind of figured Guy would rejuvenate from the jar somehow and buy enough time by jobbing to Madara using the 8th gate for Minato to stomp Black Zetsu and put the other half of the Kyuubi back in Naruto, but that would be way better.

That or Obito overpowers Black Zetsu long enough to transfer the other half of Kurama to Naruto.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Darth TNT posted:

I think the statue works more like a checklist. Is it in? OK, time to revive. I mean taking the tailed beasts out again was super easy, so it's not like they merge into a ten tails.
I mean the nine tails chakra was contained in the gold silver Edo Tensei brothers who in turn were contained in a jar with a powerfull seal. I don't think the Chakra is out of the jar yet. Also the most likely way to save Naruto.

But Obito used the chakra to form the Ten Tails. There's no reason it would have just gone back into the jar.

Also, can we safely assume Killer Bee is dead and nobody even cares?

SgtSteel91 posted:

That or Obito overpowers Black Zetsu long enough to transfer the other half of Kurama to Naruto.

This seems more likely since Kishimoto loves redemption arcs.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Angry Grimace posted:

Also, can we safely assume Killer Bee is dead and nobody even cares?

No, because he will deliver the asspull that saves Naruto. I want to believe :negative:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

I was not expecting that. Nice job, Kishimoto.

I didn't expect villains to act competently in this series either. Of course he was going to loving do that, they've been trying to get the nine tails for several years now, both in their world and ours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Hell yeah, Team Guy. :getin:

Do we have an origin story for Zetsu? It's been so long and I barely remember anything about Akatsuki.

• Locked thread