Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
:toot:

(The foundry caps at 999,999 I guess)

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Only the display, if you go into your inventory and click Miscellaneous tab you can see your full, real count.

I have 1.3 million nanospores.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Insert name here posted:

I've had the harvester show up (on me, solo) when I was rocking my level 30 Rhino, Soma and Aklex so I don't know if that's true.

I guess I shouldn't trust the random things I read in regional chat :v:

Also I am a confirmation bias sucker because I've been on the hit list for awhile but thought my level 30 melee weapon was the reason it hasn't happened yet.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The pubbies in this game believes the RNG is magic sometimes.

For a while there was a theory that you had to kill the Lephantis heads in a specific order to get the drop you want.

Millertime
Jul 5, 2007

limited posted:

Great isn't it? I was driving the Volt. I had a energy starvation towards the end and had to run around like a headless chicken so I could keep throwing those Shocks and Overloads around. I also got bounced around by those goddamn Ancients a few times as well, that's why I dived in the moat to get away. :argh: I did almost bring my Trinity, but it was only level 20.

Pubbies tend to also have poo poo weapons, or haven't done simple stuff like slotted any mods into their frames. Nothing as fun as seeing someone join a high level mission with their base shields, base health, and a goddamn Braton. How could you even find the game fun with that? :suicide:

Maybe DE would take a suggestion for adding a 'BRATON ALLOW JOIN Y/N?' filter button for when hosting a game.

Hahaha, and I was Nova during that run. It was my first goon group as well, and my first time at t1 mob def. that was seriously the most fun I've had on this game yet. Count me in for more goon groups, MillertimeLTP = psn. I'll be online tonight.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
So according to the wiki, it takes 200 Oxium to build each Zephyr part, for a total of 600 Oxium required to build the Zephyr. Going to have to grind more Oxium now. :negative:

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Insert name here posted:

So according to the wiki, it takes 200 Oxium to build each Zephyr part, for a total of 600 Oxium required to build the Zephyr. Going to have to grind more Oxium now. :negative:

We'll all be grinding Kappa forever.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Wilko posted:

We'll all be grinding Kappa forever.

Until the Grineer reclaim it :shepface:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Awwww damnit I gave all my oxium to the lab, I think this may be the first Warframe I just purchase outright.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Pierson posted:

Awwww damnit I gave all my oxium to the lab, I think this may be the first Warframe I just purchase outright.
Grinding Ox isn't too bad though. At least Kappa is a good way of maxing out weapons and poo poo.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You don't have to be in a hurry to do much of anything in this game, because after a certain point there will be just about nothing left to do until DE gets around to adding new content for all their shiny new weapons and warframes to plow through. I finished the solar map a while ago, and basically just log in for alerts and invasions with good awards, or do yet another tower mission.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Insert name here posted:

Precisely why I just bought the thing.

Passburger
May 4, 2013

Insert name here posted:

The quantity of oxium needed to do the research, is relative to the amount of members of the clan.
My clan has around 10 people, and the polly-wants-a-cracker-frame research costs 200 oxium, but the research of her other parts cost 20 oxium a piece.
I'm talking about the PC version by the way.

(Yes the guy underneath is probably right, I didn't care to craft flappy-frame yet, therefore I'm rephrasing)

Passburger fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Feb 12, 2014

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Passburger posted:

The quantity of oxium needed for crafting, is relative to the amount of members currently of the clan.
My clan has around 10 people, and the polly-wants-a-cracker-frame research costs 200 oxium, but her other parts cost 20 oxium a piece.
I'm talking about the PC version by the way.
That's the quantity needed to research the various blueprints (it's 20k for the main BP and 2k per part for the largest clans). The quantity needed to build each of the three parts in your foundry is 200 per part (600 total) regardless of clan size.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Ok, something has been bugging me and I am wondering if anyone actually understands how it works.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage

I understand how it works with Corpus and Infested.

With Corpus, they have shields, and you have to drop the shields first then you attack the body, leading to 2 different resistances at different points. For example, if I am fighting a Corpus Crewmember, I first have to take down his shields, which are weak to impact, cold, and magnetic. Once the shields are down, I am no longer doing damage to a shield type, I am doing damage to a flesh type, so slash, toxin, and viral are now the dominant elements.

With infested, there is no shields and no armor. Each infested type falls into one of 4 categories, and they are either always weak or always strong vs specific elements. Super simple stuff.

With Greneer... I have no idea.

Every Greneer unit falls under 2 types: Either Machinery or Cloned Flesh, and either Ferrite or Alloy.

The confusion comes with the fact that armor never drops, so how is damage calculated when you are effectively hitting, for example, clones flesh and alloy at the same time? If I do exclusively slash damage, then I am getting a 25% bonus vs cloned flesh, but a 50% penalty vs alloy. How does that work, exactly?

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Grineer heads are, for the most part, unarmored, and count as Cloned Flesh, I think. Shooting them anywhere else either gets you Ferrite or Alloy.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

For Grineer you basically want either Corrosive for dealing with the grunts (they use Ferrite armor) or Radiation to completely wreck the Alloy Plate elites (Bombards, Napalms, Heavy Gunners, Elite Lancers and Eviscerators).

You'll usually want to switch over from Corrosive to Radiation later on because only the heavies will be a threat to you and that damage type has no penalty against normal mooks so it'll do just fine for everyone. You could even add a Toxin damage mod if you have the room so you have a bonus against both types of armor.

For Corpus I usually roll with Magnetic and Toxin (since this will go through shields and hit their health directly). Just Magnetic is also good since it doesn't have any penalties against flesh and shields are usually your biggest problem against them anyway.

For infested you use Slash/Gas against the regular infested and Corrosive for the Ancients (Blast works well too and will knock mobs down when it procs). Radiation is nice against Phorid and Ancient Healers but that's highly situational and it will suck against the other more regular Ancients.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
So the warframe nexus app updated and I spotted something kinda interesting

edit- posted this with my phone and didn't realize it was a huge image, oops?

MaNiAk fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 13, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
:getin: my Twin Vipers

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
The PS4 clan warlord has been MIA for about a month and while it's not a huge deal, there are 2 big things we can't do: upload a clan emblem and change the clan message of the day.

I'm one of the few remaining active generals and want to keep the clan roster tidy so we don't have to update our clan rank until absolutely necessary. Other minor clan upkeep stuff I can't do is remove inactive generals (couple haven't been on for 60 days or so) or mess around with rank permissions.

Breaking and reforming the clan is out of the question due to the effort it took to get that clan hall made in the first place.

Are we screwed and clan emblem-less until he decides to come back?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Doji Sekushi posted:

The PS4 clan warlord has been MIA for about a month and while it's not a huge deal, there are 2 big things we can't do: upload a clan emblem and change the clan message of the day.

I'm one of the few remaining active generals and want to keep the clan roster tidy so we don't have to update our clan rank until absolutely necessary. Other minor clan upkeep stuff I can't do is remove inactive generals (couple haven't been on for 60 days or so) or mess around with rank permissions.

Breaking and reforming the clan is out of the question due to the effort it took to get that clan hall made in the first place.

Are we screwed and clan emblem-less until he decides to come back?

I see Hajj online playing other games. I'll send him a note saying if he could log online and renounce ownership to you or Cyril.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I sent him couple messages too, but no reply. He's been on his vita (I think) so it could be an issue there.

He should probably promote a couple of us to co-warlord rather than just not be warlord, it is his clan after all.

I just wanna get an emblem uploaded and I've got no issue ponying up the plat for it.

Also, anyone have ideas for an emblem?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

MaNiAk posted:

Hey there, tainted mag's actually useful big brother.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Washin Tong posted:

For Grineer you basically want either Corrosive for dealing with the grunts (they use Ferrite armor) or Radiation to completely wreck the Alloy Plate elites (Bombards, Napalms, Heavy Gunners, Elite Lancers and Eviscerators).

You'll usually want to switch over from Corrosive to Radiation later on because only the heavies will be a threat to you and that damage type has no penalty against normal mooks so it'll do just fine for everyone. You could even add a Toxin damage mod if you have the room so you have a bonus against both types of armor.

For Corpus I usually roll with Magnetic and Toxin (since this will go through shields and hit their health directly). Just Magnetic is also good since it doesn't have any penalties against flesh and shields are usually your biggest problem against them anyway.

For infested you use Slash/Gas against the regular infested and Corrosive for the Ancients (Blast works well too and will knock mobs down when it procs). Radiation is nice against Phorid and Ancient Healers but that's highly situational and it will suck against the other more regular Ancients.

Your huge spiel completely missed the point of what Mistikman was asking.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Except you don't need to know exactly how it works, there's a definite right option that you should go with every time.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Piell posted:

Except you don't need to know exactly how it works, there's a definite right option that you should go with every time.

I don't see anywhere in his post that he asks what the right option is (in fact, I'm pretty sure Mistikman has a decent handle on that). There is no rule saying that you can only take an interest in game mechanics if a substantive change in gameplay is the logical end. Furthermore it was an interesting question that I hadn't considered until now.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Also missing the point of his question. Just because he doesn't "need" to know he shouldn't ask? Any moron can follow the damage 2.0 table.

Does anyone actually know where/how Grineer armor types start and stop being the damage modifier over Grineer flesh types?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Mistikman posted:

The confusion comes with the fact that armor never drops, so how is damage calculated when you are effectively hitting, for example, clones flesh and alloy at the same time? If I do exclusively slash damage, then I am getting a 25% bonus vs cloned flesh, but a 50% penalty vs alloy. How does that work, exactly?

I suspect how it works is this: The damage is increased by 25% (due to cloned flesh) but the effective armor rating of the Grineer is increased by 50% (due to alloy armor). This is how it worked when armored enemies had only one type, wherein a bonus would reduce their armor rating by that much (so 50% bonus would halve their effective armor rating) and added that much damage.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013
From what I've read and from the mechanics of armor that exist on the players' warframes, I probably have a good idea on the mechanics of doing damage to Grineer.

Just like for our warframes, their armor is strictly damage mitigation. From what I've read from some forum posts and seen from some youtube videos is that having Radiation against Alloy, and Corrosive against Ferrite basically amounts to damage ignore. So if some enemy has 100 Ferrite armor, the Corrosive part of your weapon is dealing damage as if they had 25 armor. The regular IPS part of your weapon probably still has to go through the 100 Ferrite armor. The Cloned Flesh is always there in the equation after damage is mitigated from armor.

Now, the difference between Alloy and Ferrite seems to just be a difference in type. What makes Napalms and Bombards so hard to kill is that they have craploads of armor as well as Cloned Flesh, which is what you need to get to 0 to kill them.

For example, Grineer Napalms have base 600 Cloned Flesh and 500 Alloy armor. So if you have no bonuses, they only take 37.5% damage from your weapon, and you have to get through that 600 health as well. Note that both health and armor increase as they level up.

Meanwhile, a regular Grineer Lancer has 100 Cloned Flesh and 100 Ferrite Armor. So if you have no bonuses, they take 75% damage from your weapons, double that of a Napalm, and they have only a sixth of the HP.

You can now see why Napalms are so freaking tough. They take 12 times the damage necessary to kill a regular Lancer. It's also why Radiation is the recommended elemental effect to use against Grineer. The big guys just need so much damage to kill that you absolutely have to get rid of that damage mitigation.

I'm using the damage mitigation equation from the wiki for the damage calculations.

Edit: Looking at it this way, I can see why Viral isn't as good as Radiation for the tougher Grineer enemies. Let's take the example of a Napalm again. So let's say you have 100 Radiation damage. That'd be 100/(1+125/300) which is equal to about 71.

Now let's do 100 Viral damage. That'd be [100/(1+500/300)]*1.75 which is equal to about 66.

If you consider that Viral has a chance of completing halving a unit's hp, it may seem like, given enough status chance, Viral would be better. However, armor grows exponentially with enemy levels.

total Armor = base Armor * (1 + (((current Level - base Level) ^ 2.5) / 400))

So say for an enemy 10 above their base level, they'd have about 1.79 times the base armor, but for an enemy 20 above their base level, they'd have about 5.47 times the base armor. So this armor ignoring Radiation and Corrosive damage becomes more and more important as enemies scale up in comparison to the Viral status effect (which does not stack as far as I've read).

I have no idea if Grineer heads have no armor or not, but from personal play, they don't take nearly enough damage for me to seem that it does. Just seems like the 2x damage multiplier that headshots get.

Metaprognosticate fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 12, 2014

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Doji Sekushi posted:

Also, anyone have ideas for an emblem?

Johnny Five Aces from Zybourne Clock wearing a Lotus helmet.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

MaNiAk posted:

This would totally invalidate all of the scavenger auras, which I'm okay with. They're really dumb as auras since you don't know what weapon types your allies will be focusing on most of the time.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Elysiume posted:

This would totally invalidate all of the scavenger auras, which I'm okay with. They're really dumb as auras since you don't know what weapon types your allies will be focusing on most of the time.

Huh? This says infinite clip size not infinite ammo.

Whoa. Wife Turds fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Feb 12, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

Huh? This says infinite clip size not infinite ammo.
I just assumed it said infinite ammo because infinite clip size would be insane. That's definitely not real, then.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah it can't be a real thing. Given ammo mutation being a thing it would result in constantly firing somas and other such craziness.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Could be a dev mod used for testing things.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc
Could be one of the Focus active abilities they're working on.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I really like the Phage because the complete lack of feedback you get from shooting somebody with it besides the numbers peeling off until they die lets me pretend it's a tickle beam, also it works really well with Antimatter Drop. What would be a good 8th mod for if after point blank, multishot, blaze, and four elements?

fuepi fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 12, 2014

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Shugojin posted:

Yeah it can't be a real thing. Given ammo mutation being a thing it would result in constantly firing somas and other such craziness.

There was a part in Resident Evil Revelations that made a primary weapon, use your secondary weapon ammo pool too. So you'd burn through your 50 shotgun shells or whatever, and instead of having to pull out a pistol, it would treat your 100 pistol ammo as another 100 shotgun shells. Maybe it's that. Although the +1 game thing, perhaps it's just a temporary buff?

I also made a Ignis today.

I think I like it. :supaburn: :flame: :supaburn: Infected don't. I got it to level 27 in a hour and a half thanks to the 7-day booster from that Darvo bundle. :stare:

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Elysiume posted:

I just assumed it said infinite ammo because infinite clip size would be insane. That's definitely not real, then.

It would just mean no reloading. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mistikman posted:

Warning: math ahead!

Armor mitigates incoming damage. The formula for that is:

1 / (1 + (Armor / 300))

A level 1 Grineer Lancer has 100 armor, which leads to a mitigation multiplier of 0.75 (incoming damage is multiplied by that value, resulting in damage being reduced by 25%). In this case, something (say, a Lecta with a rank 4 Pressure Point) that does 70 electric damage (which has no bonus or penalty against Ferrite Armor or Cloned Flesh) will deal 52 damage (52.5, but final damage is always rounded down) to said Lancer.

Things get complicated when you start factoring in weaknesses and strengths, though. Take Corrosive damage, for instance, which gets a 75% bonus to Ferrite Armor, and no bonus/penalty to Cloned Flesh. With our Lancer example and a 70 corrosive damage weapon (Tysis with Rank 4 Hornet Strike), you deal 113 damage (~61% over listed value). How do we get that? Like I said, it's complicated. Have another formula:

damage * ( 1 + elemental modifier ) * [ 1 - ( modified damage reduction ) ] = final damage

The elemental modifier in this case is 0.75 to represent corrosive's 75% bonus against Ferrite Armor.

Modified damage reduction is:
armor * ( 1 - elemental modifier ) / [ armor x ( 1 - elemental modifier ) + 300 ]

So, for corrosive against our lowly Lancer, that works out to:

25 / 325 = ~0.077

Plug all that into the formula above:

70 * 1.75 * 0.923 = 113.0675

Round down again, and we get our 113 displayed damage.

For damage types that affect Cloned Flesh but not Ferrite Armor (like viral), you simply add the bonus damage and then apply armor normally (70 viral turns into 91, as 70 * 1.75 * 0.75 = ~91).

For damage types that have a separate bonus and penalty to the armor and health type (like Slash, which has a 15% penalty to Ferrite Armor and a 25% bonus to Cloned Flesh), use the armor value for the elemental modifier in the calculations, then multiply the result by the modifier for the health type.

When combining multiple damage types, calculate their values individually, add them up, and then round the final result down.

Hope that didn't break anyone's brain too much.

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Grineer heads are, for the most part, unarmored, and count as Cloned Flesh, I think. Shooting them anywhere else either gets you Ferrite or Alloy.
This is incorrect. Armor is uniformly applied, headshots just deal double damage.