Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Arkane posted:

Mondo poster for Vertigo:

Really disappointed I wasn't able to nab one.

In a weird way that poster is exactly what I think of when I think of what Night Vale must look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Haven't Mondo done Vertigo a couple of times before? It's still a really nice poster though.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Why is that poster all pixelated like that BTTF one? Does that artist only have 1 template he applies to every movie?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

effectual posted:

Why is that poster all pixelated like that BTTF one? Does that artist only have 1 template he applies to every movie?

No, but many artists have a style they to stick to.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

It's looks more like hatching than pixels, I think.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
By no means is any of that pixelated

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

That Vertigo poster reminds me of a Sega Genesis game, which is cool, but Vertigo deserves better geometry.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

penismightier posted:

That Vertigo poster reminds me of a Sega Genesis game, which is cool, but Vertigo deserves better geometry.

James Stewart in Maui Mallard

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dissapointed Owl posted:

James Stewart in Maui Mallard

Trauma and Romantic Delusion Ate My Neighbors

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It looks like oekaki, like an Uno Moralez piece.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Hatter106 posted:

I got this great Miami Connection poster...

There's been a lot of backlash against "whacky 80s" nostalgia art, but in this case every gaudy detail is a perfect representation of the movie.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

El Negocio posted:

There's been a lot of backlash against "whacky 80s" nostalgia art, but in this case every gaudy detail is a perfect representation of the movie.

So you're saying that this movie really features ninja bikers, lazy-eyed kung fu fighters, topless black men reading the mail while something in the background explodes and Freddie Mercury rocking the gently caress out? Awesome! :rock:

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

System Metternich posted:

So you're saying that this movie really features ninja bikers, lazy-eyed kung fu fighters, topless black men reading the mail while something in the background explodes and Freddie Mercury rocking the gently caress out? Awesome! :rock:

Yes, absolutely it does.

God bless that retarded movie

e: And it was actually made in the 80's, it's not a throwback movie

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
It's my favorite movie about an Rock Band made of Interracial Ninja Orphans Who Love World Peace. And I'm not kidding.

But seriously, this movie is so earnest and it's got a lot of heart. I will never not love it in all it's cheesy glory.

Watch Miami Connection.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's really weird to me that more people don't know about Miami Connection. I would've thought above all else at least the letter scene would become a meme or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS2NIFM2Emo

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

System Metternich posted:

That's not even a third of what you get with Miami Connection.

The Blu-Ray has been my default Christmas gift for the last two years.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Being sold on Friday by Mondo

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

rawillkill posted:

Being sold on Friday by Mondo

I was going to complain about making a poster for a show that has only aired four episodes but then I remembered they made a poster for the test footage of Ant Man so...

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

It's really weird to me that more people don't know about Miami Connection. I would've thought above all else at least the letter scene would become a meme or something.

Bullshit that's not a movie, that's a comedy bit.
I don't know what I like best, the broken english, the casual leg on the table or the fact that everyone is shirtless and wearing a towel on one shoulder.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I was going to complain about making a poster for a show that has only aired four episodes but then I remembered they made a poster for the test footage of Ant Man so...

Seeing as it's an American Horror Story style vignette show, with a totally different story each season, and we're halfway through the story I think that's a fine amount to go off of for a poster.

This poster is still trash, though.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

With a cameo by famed poet Charles Bukowski, no less.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Young Freud posted:

With a cameo by famed poet Charles Bukowski, no less.

And I'm sold.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Vincent posted:

I don't know what I like best, the broken english, the casual leg on the table or the fact that everyone is shirtless and wearing a towel on one shoulder.

Counterpoint: it was the 80's.

Red Letter Media talked about this one on their Best of the Worst (in which they pick 3 B-movies fulfilling specific criteria to see which is, well...).

Miami Connection was just magical.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

(Actually this is a magazine ad, not a poster, but I think it's close enough.)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I know I'm supposed to find that sort-of bombast and cheesiness charming but all I can think is "thank loving christ that isn't the dominant view of sci-fi in the media anymore."

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Can I get a name change to A Positive Black Film over here?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Lady Naga posted:

For those watching this for the first time- they're all playing teenagers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CaptainHollywood posted:

For those watching this for the first time- they're all playing teenagers.

Oh, gently caress you.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Vincent posted:

During the long teary monologue, I felt like there should've been guys in tuxedoes walking in from off camera to hand the actor increasingly ridiculous awards.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, gently caress you.

Well, college students. Not necessarily teens.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The Purge is getting a sequel, which is a rather quick turn-around.

It's a pretty neat poster with a cool concept. It also follows the trend of the last one, in that it had some pretty boss teaser posters.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

davidspackage posted:

During the long teary monologue, I felt like there should've been guys in tuxedoes walking in from off camera to hand the actor increasingly ridiculous awards.

Drafthouse put out a bunch of faux For Your Consideration material to parody the insane melodrama, acting and tonal shifts.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's also on Netflix, I highly recommend giving it a watch.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Miami Connection is pretty much the best bad movie I've ever seen. There's no way I would call it good, but holy poo poo is it awesome and it's just so sincere in it's awesomeness that it's impossible to not just love it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'll have to check that out - right now The Room takes that spot as the best bad movie.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I know I said in here that I didn't particularly like it, but last night I schmoozed an AMC theater manager out of the IMAX one sheet for RoboCop.

It's seriously taller than me, it's probably 6 or 6 1/2 feet long, I have no idea what I'm going to do with it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

I'll have to check that out - right now The Room takes that spot as the best bad movie.

It's like the anti-Room. Miami Connection was made by people that sincerely wanted to make the most awesome movie ever and despite the movies many short comings, their genuine sincerity in all things makes it one of the most awesome movie ever made. The Room is a movie that Wiseau made about how great he is and how awful women are and his sincerity makes it just ends up being a movie about how awful he is.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

axleblaze posted:

It's like the anti-Room. Miami Connection was made by people that sincerely wanted to make the most awesome movie ever and despite the movies many short comings, their genuine sincerity in all things makes it one of the most awesome movie ever made. The Room is a movie that Wiseau made about how great he is and how awful women are and his sincerity makes it just ends up being a movie about how awful he is.

This is exactly how I feel about these two movies and why I hate The Room and love Miami Connection.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

The Purge is getting a sequel, which is a rather quick turn-around.

It's a pretty neat poster with a cool concept. It also follows the trend of the last one, in that it had some pretty boss teaser posters.

Its unfortunate the The Purge was a pretty lovely movie, but the posters are nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
I appreciate that the stripes are all unique and not a simple design copy pasted over and over.