Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Len posted:

Now when you say wiped out do you mean enough pubbies finally cared to make it go away or did Funcom just give up and remove it?

It's possible they increased the damage dealt to it, but after they fixed the HP counters not working there were a lot of people doing it. The portal fell completely during the RP community's Filth Fighting Friday event, and there were so many people on the platforms you couldn't actually see the ground. The Apparatus phase had three of the six tanks fill within five minutes.

So by my guess, while Funcom did give it a bit of a kick to boost it, they vastly underestimated just how much firepower the community will bring to a cause that more productive people have already secured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

Not that I can see. It only gives me the option of creating a new account when I try to register the key.

Try to poke around their website a bit more. I remember it took me a while to find how to add the key to already created account instead of creating a new one.

killingtime
May 21, 2004
Passionate kiss like spider web, lead to undoing of fly.
So, I'd be down for coming back for new and exciting things. I've missed my TSW fix. Now that Eve has gone back to grinding sov (for someone else even! shesh), I need something else to play again :)

When we doin' this thing?

Though, even at our prime I doubt we could've fielded a 40 man raid. Good times to be had by pubbing it up.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
Flappy raid is now up.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nauta posted:

Flappy raid is now up.

Important question. How attentive do I have to be for this thing? Like can I zone in shoot it once then walk away from my computer?

Edit:

Why do I get the feeling this is in regard to the raid...

quote:

There is an error with the "Writhing Bladder Sac" that can cause it to not give loot when you use it. We are aiming to update live sometime tomorrow to get this fixed. In the mean time please do not open up the Writhing Bladder Sac if the following applies to your character:

*Your character is Male
*You own clothing item: Turtleneck sweater, black
*You own clothing item: Padded military gloves, black
*You own clothing item: Military pants with metal kneeguards, black

If all of the above apply to your character there is a ~20% chance you will get no reward from the Writhing Bladder Sac. There is an error in one of the steps of the script that checks to make sure we don't reward you the same clothing item once (it occurs after checking to see if you already own the three clothing items above).

I apologize for the bug and we will get it fixed as soon as possible!

How do they gently caress up this badly all the time?

Double Edit: It is indeed the raid reward can fail to give you things if you're character is a male. When I asked the #event channel if Funcom has yet to put out a bug free event the pubbies concluded that the End of Days 2012 was bug free and perfect. :negative:

Len fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 10, 2014

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Well, I guess that explains why the black military clothing isn't available from the Custodian of Whatnots. They've made it a RNG reward from part of the raid because ????? ????.

Kind of annoyed because I wanted the pants to cap off my outfit but didn't have slivers for them and didn't feel like grinding the filth tunnel for fragments to turn into 250 slivers. Really have no interest in doing the raid repeatedly to get them either.

Who knows, maybe when they've fixed that bug they'll put them back on the vendor.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mercurius posted:

Well, I guess that explains why the black military clothing isn't available from the Custodian of Whatnots. They've made it a RNG reward from part of the raid because ????? ????.

Kind of annoyed because I wanted the pants to cap off my outfit but didn't have slivers for them and didn't feel like grinding the filth tunnel for fragments to turn into 250 slivers. Really have no interest in doing the raid repeatedly to get them either.

Who knows, maybe when they've fixed that bug they'll put them back on the vendor.

I have some bad news for you...

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
On the bright side, this probably means that Tokyo is close. Unless they leave the raid open for a month.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

...this probably means that Tokyo is close...

I don't know why, but I laughed a little out loud when I read this. I wish I had your eternal optimism Cheston, I really do.

rockrobster
Jun 14, 2013
So since beta I've always been enthralled by this game's story. Particularly with the filth. Note I haven't played in months and I've always said I would come back to see the " finale" and today I get an email about the new raid that's a "final showdown" with the filth. So anyone that knows what's going on, is it time for rocklobster to roam the secret world again?

Citizen Kane 13
Apr 2, 2011

Service Guarantees Citizenship

Would you like to know more?

rockrobster posted:

So since beta I've always been enthralled by this game's story. Particularly with the filth. Note I haven't played in months and I've always said I would come back to see the " finale" and today I get an email about the new raid that's a "final showdown" with the filth. So anyone that knows what's going on, is it time for rocklobster to roam the secret world again?

The 'final showdown' it's talking about is supposedly the final part of the event where we cleanse the filth contaminating Agartha. It's by no means the 'final' confrontation with the filth.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

25 minutes of that for a packet of 5 HoT potions and a shove out of the gate.

Amazing.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Cheston posted:

On the bright side, this probably means that Tokyo is close. Unless they leave the raid open for a month.

Someone was doing back of the envelope calculations and said they'd killed Flappy 18 times today, which by tentacle of Dis hp rates gave like 4-7 months still. Which times Funcom fudge factors means... whenever it's done, same as it's always been.

EDIT: "they" meaning the "community"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

thegodofchuck posted:

Someone was doing back of the envelope calculations and said they'd killed Flappy 18 times today, which by tentacle of Dis hp rates gave like 4-7 months still. Which times Funcom fudge factors means... whenever it's done, same as it's always been.

EDIT: "they" meaning the "community"

That was me. I saw while waiting for the Flappy raid I did that only 18 points of damage was done, so I extrapolated.

THis is beyond being the worst boss in this game, though. Flappy might be the worst boss I've ever fought. In any game.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Cleretic posted:

THis is beyond being the worst boss in this game, though.

Why let everyone in if you're not going to give them some kind of tool or buff or whatever to make it so they can be of any use? Anyone below QL 10 is glancing off all the reds.

This has to be the most craptacular thing Funcom has goinig. And it's supposed to go for how long? Needs a :thatsFunCom: emote.

Dely Apple fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Feb 11, 2014

Yue
Jun 3, 2012

CUT, CUT, CUT! I said MORE prancing, damnit!
The thing that gets me angriest is that nobody seems to know where Lore #7 is, but 6 and 8 are easy to find. I think we're missing a pretty goddamn important detail, given the content of 8!

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
You don't think 6 is a clue for 7, do you? Young and full of questions - you think it might be in Innsmouth Academy? Or the Smith's cabin?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Cleretic posted:

THis is beyond being the worst boss in this game, though. Flappy might be the worst boss I've ever fought. In any game.

No it's not.

Grillburg
Oct 9, 2013

Nauta posted:

No it's not.

For me, that award would go to Doom Lord Kazzak in WoW:TBC prior to him being fixed.

"Hey, I'm going to run out and attack your raid, kill some people, then evade/reset and come right back to kill a few more, rinse and repeat until you're all dead!"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

That wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Wasn't great but wasn't as bad. It's basically don't stand in the poo poo and shoot the bird for about 20 minutes.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

It's basically don't stand in the poo poo and shoot the bird for about 20 minutes.

I dunno what you're talking about, I entered to a room with one person in it and found this fifteen minutes later.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Cheston posted:

I dunno what you're talking about, I entered to a room with one person in it and found this fifteen minutes later.

See, that's why you camp on the top platform. Occasionally move when nobody's watching, to make it look like you were down there and fell off.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of just going in there and treating General chat to a reading of Shakespeare. Hamlet, or Macbeth?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

So I just came back and have no idea what to do. I've got all the issues and like 7k bonus points and 200 veteran points left. Someone help.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

KaneTW posted:

So I just came back and have no idea what to do. I've got all the issues and like 7k bonus points and 200 veteran points left. Someone help.

Play through the issues and then log out until Tokyo?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

KaneTW posted:

7k bonus points

You'll want to spend at least some of these quickly, points expire after six months but any purchases use the "oldest" points first. Look in the store under "Boosts" for Issues 6, 7, and 8, and buy those. Inventory and Bank Size upgrades are permanent, but if you're not holding a bunch of Lair pieces you probably won't need them. Other than that, the pets introduced after launch have been pretty cool and varied. You can't use them in dungeons, though. Oh, and click on the "Claim Items" tab and claim basically everything there- it's a long list of items (clothes, pets, boosts, etc...) you've gotten for being a subscriber.

With your Veteran Points, buy the Reconstructor and pretty much nothing else. Maybe get one of the Veteran clothing items or some of the boosts. Basically, veteran points never expire and everybody is hoarding theirs expecting more expensive, "permanent" versions of the limited-use Veteran items available now. Funcom doesn't want to do that because it'd make the system less friendly to new subscribers, but it seems like the kind of thing that'll be self-fulfilling.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Cheston posted:

You'll want to spend at least some of these quickly, points expire after six months but any purchases use the "oldest" points first. Look in the store under "Boosts" for Issues 6, 7, and 8, and buy those. Inventory and Bank Size upgrades are permanent, but if you're not holding a bunch of Lair pieces you probably won't need them. Other than that, the pets introduced after launch have been pretty cool and varied. You can't use them in dungeons, though. Oh, and click on the "Claim Items" tab and claim basically everything there- it's a long list of items (clothes, pets, boosts, etc...) you've gotten for being a subscriber.

With your Veteran Points, buy the Reconstructor and pretty much nothing else. Maybe get one of the Veteran clothing items or some of the boosts. Basically, veteran points never expire and everybody is hoarding theirs expecting more expensive, "permanent" versions of the limited-use Veteran items available now. Funcom doesn't want to do that because it'd make the system less friendly to new subscribers, but it seems like the kind of thing that'll be self-fulfilling.

Thanks. Are you still playing this game? It's been like almost 2 years since we last played together.

E: is transylvania the best place to grind AP still? And how do you do Scenarios properly, the few that I tried solo just ended with me failing after around wave 2.

E2: also is there still a goon cabal or some cabal I can join to play with friends? I don't want to pug when the last time I did HE NM was ages ago, and I don't think I've done anything apart from the first 3 and HE. And what do I have to do to catch up when my gear looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/U6sJNU8.png (character name is Crowd if you want to check chronicle)

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 12, 2014

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

KaneTW posted:

Thanks. Are you still playing this game? It's been like almost 2 years since we last played together.

E: is transylvania the best place to grind AP still? And how do you do Scenarios properly, the few that I tried solo just ended with me failing after around wave 2.

E2: also is there still a goon cabal or some cabal I can join to play with friends? I don't want to pug when the last time I did HE NM was ages ago, and I don't think I've done anything apart from the first 3 and HE. And what do I have to do to catch up when my gear looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/U6sJNU8.png (character name is Crowd if you want to check chronicle)

Not in quite some time.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I mean, they exist. But we rarely log in when there's no new content. Most of us regulars just use Steam to coordinate.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

There's a new outfit. It glows and shimmers and stuff.

KaneTW posted:

And how do you do Scenarios properly, the few that I tried solo just ended with me failing after around wave 2.

Basically, survivability and AOE are the most important. You need the ability to damage and impair multiple enemies, while healing/protecting yourself, while moving between groups of survivors, while drawing aggro. This pretty much limits you to blades/chaos. This post has the gist of a build, which will work on Elite solo even if you don't have the Nightmare gear for it.

**Apparently the bags from the event raid can drop the orange items from the two other raids. And, uh, it's intentional...?

Cheston fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 13, 2014

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Cheston posted:

There's a new outfit. It glows and shimmers and stuff.

What is this bought with? Or is it found?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
I am so bad at the game, am in City of the Sun God but can't even do the mission where I have to kill the giant statue. Deal a bunch of damage to it and then it aggros everything in front of it and I can't deal with that crowd. I guess I need to improve all my talismans but I haven't had a single drop with more HP than my current gear which is like ql5 to 7. :(

How the hell do I get slightly less worser gear?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I've just been buying poo poo off the AH. :v:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

guppy posted:

What is this bought with? Or is it found?

It's in the store, for FC points. Someone more in the know than I pointed out that the coat was previously a dev-only thing, worn by Tilty.

Speaking of, Tilty confirmed that the seventh Whispering Tide lore is in the game... sort of. It's on the branch leading to Tokyo, you can apparently see the glow around it if you look really hard.

Also, Flappy doesn't like Macbeth. Maybe he'd prefer a comedy?

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Much Ado about Nothing would be appropriate no?

Well I guess I could grind up some of the easy peasy Scorched Desert missions (10 thousand bullets, Supply Run, Friends and Neighbors, Bomb Squad and the Traitor) and then buy new poo poo from the auction house.

... I actually rather like doing that bunch of quests.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Luisfe posted:

I am so bad at the game, am in City of the Sun God but can't even do the mission where I have to kill the giant statue. Deal a bunch of damage to it and then it aggros everything in front of it and I can't deal with that crowd. I guess I need to improve all my talismans but I haven't had a single drop with more HP than my current gear which is like ql5 to 7. :(

How the hell do I get slightly less worser gear?

I think we would be able to offer very good advice if any of us had ever gone back to City of the Sun God. A good thing to check for is a tooltip/buff/whatever on the opponent you're facing. Those start coming into play in CotSG and become even more common in Transylvania- they show weaknesses/strengths/unique things about the encounter. Alternatively, if you're encountering large crowds, you might need to switch to a melee weapon. Blade Torrent and Martial Discipline will cost you maybe 10 AP total, and those should get you past pretty much any groups you fight.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
If you know the name I could look up the mission and possibly remember how I did it, but "giant statue, aggros adds" doesn't ring a bell. That's how much I did CotSG missions...

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
No one remembers CotSG, it helps make the pain go away.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I've done all the missions and that one doesn't ring any bells. CotSG is the worst place. It would be acceptable if the map wasn't laid out so poorly.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Yeah, the aesthetic had a lot of potential and the Sentinels have a compelling story and good voice acting. Shame about everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Is the giant statue dude the one you fight on top of the big cultist structure or whatever? If so, there's some quest item you need to use during the fight that makes it so you can actually win the fight. The only reason I remember even that vague rear end detail is because the quest item disappeared from my inventory when someone else triggered the boss and I had to file a support ticket to get it fixed.

• Locked thread