Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
They had me at DeForest Kelley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

They had me at DeForest Kelley

This will be a good double feature with Kingdom of Spiders.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Ape of Naples posted:

I was actually just about to say I really hope this means we'll see a Kingdom of the Spiders riff.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
:confused: http://www.rifftrax.com/vod/kingdom-spiders

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Goddammit, how did I miss that?

Looks like I'm getting that, Lepus, and Laser Mission this weekend.

(Yes, I have not watched Laser Mission yet.)

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Bones + Giant Bunnies = Take my money!

I've been waiting for this one for a while.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
I know I've seen Night of the Lepus before, I think I watched it as a kid one Saturday afternoon years ago. So I just picked it up, Kingdom of the Spiders and Future Force. Heading out early tomorrow on a road trip, so that'll keep me occupied!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
It's also on the TV at the Oracle's apartment in The Matrix. Mike even makes a joke about it.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I always heard that the reason Mike & Co never riffed it during MST3K was because MGM's price for the rights to show it was too high.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad they've finally gotten around to making fun of it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The Ape of Naples posted:

To complete the trilogy we need a lovely Leonard Nimoy movie!

....That isn't Transformers 3. Something retro.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ensign_Ricky posted:

To complete the trilogy we need a lovely Leonard Nimoy movie!

....That isn't Transformers 3. Something retro.

The obvious answer being Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Did you just call Invasion of the Body Snatchers a lovely movie?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

GhostDog posted:

Did you just call Invasion of the Body Snatchers a lovely movie?

No, but looking at Nimoy's IMDB page, he didn't do a lot of theatrical releases. Just a bunch of TV movies.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I'd like to see them do a riff of Phase IV.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Mister Kingdom posted:

No, but looking at Nimoy's IMDB page, he didn't do a lot of theatrical releases. Just a bunch of TV movies.

Well ok then :)

PassTheRemote posted:

MST3K did one in season 0. Haven't seen it, but since it's season 0 it's probably underwhelming from todays point of view (like most stuff before season 3 imo).

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

PassTheRemote posted:

I think that would be a very tough one to riff. There's long periods with no dialogue, and IIRC there's only two speaking characters after the first 20 minutes or so. It is crazy though, and is the only feature directed by Saul Bass. Also, it was originally supposed to end with one of the most stunningly weird montages ever put to film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beLpsWaUDNk
Slightly :nws: for nudity.

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 10, 2014

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Robert Denby posted:

I think that would be a very tough one to riff. There's long periods with no dialogue, and IIRC there's only two speaking characters after the first 20 minutes or so. It is crazy though, and is the only feature directed by Saul Bass. Also, it was originally supposed to end with one of the most stunningly weird montages ever put to film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beLpsWaUDNk
Slightly :nws: for nudity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNRaLmexjvw
I've never watched the KTMA MST3ks but I kinda like it. The voices are all wrong but the riffing feels pretty natural.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The latest Batman short is available.

Robin Meets the Wizard.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

GhostDog posted:

MST3K did one in season 0. Haven't seen it, but since it's season 0 it's probably underwhelming from todays point of view (like most stuff before season 3 imo).

I know they did it in KTMA, it's one of the KTMA they never went back to in Season 3. I would just like to see them riff it now, just to see how much better it would be.

Mister Kingdom posted:

The latest Batman short is available.

Robin Meets the Wizard.

I have it downloaded so I can watch it tonight. I do kind of hope they do a compilation of the Batman shorts.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just went to buy that as I saw that I had $2 in Rifftrax credit somehow. Then I realized there were 3 Batman shorts I haven't got yet including the newest. So I think I'm set for a while. However, I also took my old MST3k DVDs and ripped the shorts from those. However, I only got the ones from Manos (Hired Part 2) and one of the General Hospital ones. I only have the movie, the Essentials (Manos/Santa vs Martians), and the volume with The Final Sacrifice on it.

From now on, I'm going to try to keep up with the Batman shorts, since I constantly watch the shorts at work when I'm eating dinner. I have over 100 now, and it still seems like I've been rewatching the same ones over and over. EDIT: 155, poo poo god drat.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree
BTW, I think Night Of The Lepus got put into action because of a suggestion from this thread. So thanks for that! (I couldn't stand that movie. Wow, a whole lot of nothing happens.)

Sadly, it appears that Yor, Hunter From The Future is not available at the time. We tried, and will give it another got a bit further down the line.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Yor is amazing, the song at the start makes it worth watching by itself.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

NoneSuch posted:

Yor is amazing, the song at the start makes it worth watching by itself.

YOR'S WORLD HE'S THE MAN!

That movie is hilarious, with little nuggets of pure awesome sprinkled throughout.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

rereedrumr posted:

BTW, I think Night Of The Lepus got put into action because of a suggestion from this thread. So thanks for that! (I couldn't stand that movie. Wow, a whole lot of nothing happens.)

Sadly, it appears that Yor, Hunter From The Future is not available at the time. We tried, and will give it another got a bit further down the line.

Awww :(

Well, I appreciate the effort.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Awww :(

Well, I appreciate the effort.
The Red letter media guys watched it the other day if you need to see others suffer through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb_VwaOT4QQ

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Night of the Lepus was everything The Kingdom of Spiders should have been. Great riff.

DeForest Kelley 1. Bill Shatner 0.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

rereedrumr posted:

What do I have to do to get y'all to do Starcrash?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
New Rifftrax coupon in honor of Valentine Day with coupon code RIFFLOVE, which knocks 15% off the order (minus giftcards). Think it time to get the rest of the Batman shorts.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was hoping against hope that there would be a terrible rom com VOD today.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

MassRafTer posted:

I was hoping against hope that there would be a terrible rom com VOD today.

watch birdemic

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That's a thriller.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

That's a thriller.
It seems pretty romantic to me. Douchebag Friend hooks up with Yoko, Slrnpls gets with the Lingeries Model, even Uncle Phil is scorin' (hangin' out with the faaaaaamily).

Seriously, if anyone hasn't bought Birdemic get it. It is my favorite Rifftrax! If you haven't seen it I will come to your house and watch it with you. Or watch you watching it. Don't make it weird.

Thanks for the coupon code Rirse, I'm Faceyspace friends with Rifftrax but I never see their announcements through all the baby pictures and Obama on my feed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

That's a thriller.

A romantic thriller!

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

That's a thriller.

Watch Cool As Ice.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Xylorjax posted:

Watch Cool As Ice.

That might not even be a movie.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You guys are forgetting the blistering romance of the Twilight series via Rifftrax.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
I have been out of the Rifftrax game for the last 2-3 years. My last order was in 2011. I have a whole bunch of older shorts, but I would be spending close to $140 on shorts if I were to catch up. Furthermore, I am astounded by the sheer number VOD offerings.

If I wanted to spend ~$20 on the cream of the crop to begin my long expensive journey of getting caught up, what would be the wisest way to spend my money?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Do you want more shorts, feature length Riffs, or the VOD pre-synced Riffs?

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
How about a healthy mix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rusty Kettle posted:

How about a healthy mix.

Then I would suggest at least the complete Batman saga and THE GUY FROM HARLEM.

• Locked thread