Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Ariza posted:

I've smoked weed before, it just makes me vaguely nauseous and sleepy, but I have seen more than one person get really loving weird when they smoked.

I once triggered a psychotic break smoking weed despite smoking for like ages. It is definitely a psychedelic. Not a very powerful one, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heliotroph
Mar 20, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's nothing alike eating and smoking weed. It's almost impossible to smoke "too much" since the effect is almost immediate. But when you eat some it's a whole other story. Many people (even experienced smokers) can get panic attacks (which feel like dying) and even sometimes hallucinations.

This is true. A friend gave me a brownie last year and I ate about a third of it figuring that would be enough. Well I went way past high to way too loving high to not being able to hear sounds properly or see well, to having a minor seizure and waking up while being dragged out of a bar. If I had no idea what was happening to me I would have definitely called 911.

The worst thing that had ever happened with smoking was once I ate a whole pizza.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

heliotroph posted:

The worst thing that had ever happened with smoking was once I ate a whole pizza.

I've learned my lesson with edibles as well. I thought I had the hang of them the last time I ate weed chocolates but then after I had just taken the last one the poo poo decided to kick in and crank it up to eleven. I then spent 30 minutes cycling home which normally takes me ten minutes and sat in the shower until I stopped getting even more hosed up before heading to bed.

You can't overdose on weed but you can become physically ill from being way too loving high. Going bad on weed is weak knees, puking, a dizziness that'll stick with you even lying down, paranoid thoughts. It's no fun.

A Fucker IRL
Jan 25, 2014

by Baldo di Gregorio
Yay, how excellent! Now do a ketchup/no ketchup on hot dog derail for X loving pages!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A Fucker IRL posted:

Yay, how excellent! Now do a ketchup/no ketchup on hot dog derail for X loving pages!

There had better be at least three paragraphs per post.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

A Fucker IRL posted:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

A Fucker IRL posted:

As someone that's eaten a hotdog with ketchup before it's pretty loving hilarious to me that some people could put too much on it and freak out. Just wipe it off with a napkin, you baby.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

My retarded neighbor did this to me when I was a kid and broke my nose.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
David Thorne is a masterful real-life troll. You may recall him as the guy who tried to pay an overdue account with a drawing of a seven-legged spider.
Here he trolls a workmate, receiving ten formal complaints in six months and still not getting fired.
It may sound cruel, but in his defense the workmate is a Nickelback fan.

http://www.27bslash6.com/f26a.html

Here's an excerpt of some of the best complaints...

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Say Nothing posted:

Here he trolls a workmate, receiving ten formal complaints in six months and still not getting fired.

An a redditor too apparently. I would love to have a colleague like Thorne and be proud to be deserving so much loving attention from him.

edit:

David Thorne posted:

My very first run in with Simon was when he blamed me for stealing pens from his desk, which I vehemently denied. He then proceeded to point out the tiny engraved words 'Simon's Pen' he had done on all eight of the pens currently on my desk. It was so small he had to point them out to me with the aid of a loupe. Each two-millimetre high letter was meticulous. When I asked how he had managed to get the letters so perfect, he told me that he had a headset at home with a light and magnifying glass on it. When I asked why he had a headset with light and magnifying glass on it he replied, "For painting collector figurines."

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 15:58 on Feb 12, 2014

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Orkin Mang posted:

There had better be at least three paragraphs per post.

It's not just a question of "ketchup vs no ketchup", because there are a huge number of variables that need to be accounted for. Firstly, what kind of hot dog is it? Is it your bog-standard hot dog from the store, fair hot dog, cart hot dog, chili cheese coney? For example if you're picking up a chicago style dog, ketchup would be a grievous sin just because that hot dog traditionally comes with mustard (among other toppings that do not need discussion here). However if I'm just getting a hot dog from a random food cart downtown, or my microwave, or even from the cooler pack I keep in my desk at work, sometimes a little ketchup can be nice. But really some dogs don't even need ketchup at all! For example, Target hot dogs truly shine without any sort of toppings whatsoever. You've not tasted heaven until you've wolfed down 2 or 3 of those suckers at 10AM on a sunday.

But more than just ketchup vs. no ketchup is the dilemma of "catsup" vs "ketchup". Personally I'm a ketchup man myself. I find that catsups tend to more watery and more spicy than your regular ketchups. Some people might say that there really is no difference between the two, but I can tell through considerable time and personal effort that there is indeed a difference. Statistically, there was an overall decrease in the kinematic viscosity of catsups that I tested (at the temperature of my house [70F], avg viscosity is ~250 cSt) whereas the ketchups were slightly more viscous on average (avg viscosity is ~285 cSt). Additionally, in a double blind taste test, researchers (me) discovered that nearly 8/10 catsups tested had a very spicy, almost shrimp-dipping sauce-like finish, while only 2/10 ketchups had the same property. So clearly asking "ketchup vs no ketchup" is a silly question to begin with; "catsup vs ketchup vs none" is more appropriate.

In the end, it matters more on an individual taste level than a global "is one way truly better" level. Personally I think a person should sample several hot dogs with several different ketchups (or catsups if you prefer) and find the combination that works best for them. I enjoy the venerable Heinz 57 for most standard applications; I try to eat natural, but find that Annie's ketchup lacks the robustness that I want in my condiment. Finally, when you are searching for a ketchup, please be on the lookout for high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). This ingredient has been linked to many health problems, and when you're eating 5 to 10 hot dogs per day like I am you definitely don't want to be adding something that might be decreasing the overall quality of your life!

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014
Someone loses their camera to some piggies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrxPuk0JefA

Blackstone
Feb 13, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

David Thorne is a masterful real-life troll.

Quite sure that this is fake. The complaint forms don't seem to conform to any legal standard, so they'd have to be issued by the company. And any company that is big enough to formalize its complaint procedures would never let anything like this slide. Even if this David Thorne was their best employee, their legal / compliance department would be all over HR's asses.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

David Thorne is a masterful real-life troll. You may recall him as the guy who tried to pay an overdue account with a drawing of a seven-legged spider.

http://www.27bslash6.com/f26a.html

Here's an excerpt of some of the best complaints...

I get the indication that the guy doing the complaining is kind of insufferable from what he wrote on the complaints.

Also, "waste of internet." Are we buying it by the kilobyte now?

e: If it is fake then I am the schaden for believing stdh.pdf

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Wait, there are people who think that what David Thorne puts on his website is real? Like, they believe it really happened? That what he says is the truth, and all of the world's most eccentric and easily wound up lunatics just happen to start correspondence with him for no real reason?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

KoRMaK posted:

e: If it is fake then I am the schaden for believing stdh.pdf

The rest of David Thorne's site is full of all kinds of trolling and at least a few of it involves real people.

I don't know if these complaints are stdh.txt but I have to admit the guy knows how to do genuinely funny trolling (and make a living out of it).

Adrianics posted:

and all of the world's most eccentric and easily wound up lunatics just happen to start correspondence with him for no real reason?

From what I read Thorne is so sarcastic and passive aggressive pretty much everybody would react like they do, and most correspondences are actually for perfectly mundane reasons like customer requests or people responding to Thorne initial mail/provocation.

edit: But I'm also pretty sure that such a troll would at least invent a few of his stories.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 16:15 on Feb 12, 2014

Tasty_Crayon
Jul 29, 2006
Same story, different version.

I work at a jewelry repair store across from a big box jewelry store. My favorite thing is when a customers comes in to get their ring fixed, act all offended at our prices, and say they'll go next door.

The big box stores don't do repairs. I always watch and grin when I see the salesperson smile and helpfully point them back to our place.

Tasty_Crayon has a new favorite as of 16:28 on Feb 12, 2014

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Adrianics posted:

Wait, there are people who think that what David Thorne puts on his website is real? Like, they believe it really happened? That what he says is the truth, and all of the world's most eccentric and easily wound up lunatics just happen to start correspondence with him for no real reason?

I am also surprised by this. His bits usually consist of him doing completely cool and awesome stuff, and the other guy (usually a nerd or some kind of overbearing jerk) being overwhelmed by how cool and awesome he is. There is a clue there fellows.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

From what I read Thorne is so sarcastic and passive aggressive pretty much everybody would react like they do, and most correspondences are actually for perfectly mundane reasons like customer requests or people responding to Thorne initial mail/provocation.

So you think he's telling the truth about all of his antics at his workplace, any single one of which is enough to get one fired from most employers?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Adrianics posted:

So you think he's telling the truth about all of his antics at his workplace, any single one of which is enough to get one fired from most employers?

The workplace stuff seems fake indeed, but a lot of his other entries sound true or at least exaggerated real events.

edit:

His latest book has a SA logo on it. I wonder if he's a goon. We could ask him to clarify if his trolling is real so we can close yet another derail.

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 17:05 on Feb 12, 2014

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
You guys must have really uptight employers if some of those are sackable offences.

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

Remember when we would go an entire page without having endless lovely derails? I miss that.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Who the gently caress stacks cards with a cat in the same apartment? Thread title, right there.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Why would you build a house of cards on the floor in a house with animals? :psyduck:

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Coca Koala posted:

Dumb Starbucks is some schadenfreude that should be developing soon.

Basically, an unknown person or persons opened up a coffeeshop in LA called Dumb Starbucks. Totally different from the regular Starbucks; you can tell because this one looks exactly the same, has the same logo, and the same store aesthetic, but the word "dumb" is prefixed to everything. If you're curious how that's legal, the FAQ helpfully explains that they are using Starbuck's copyright under fair use laws, and that they have to call Starbucks dumb so that it's a parody.

I am eagerly awaiting the time when somebody sits down and explains that the Starbucks logo is actually a trademark, not a copyright, and fair use of trademarks is not really the same thing as fair use of copyrights.

A couple pages back, but realize that this looks like stuff for the next season of Nathan For You (so it's being backed by Comedy Central and I assume they have some lawyers who signed off on this)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO8V72pDw1o

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

His latest book has a SA logo on it. I wonder if he's a goon. We could ask him to clarify if his trolling is real so we can close yet another derail.

It's not the SA grenade.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenade_Gloves

Ein
Feb 27, 2002
A moment of schadenfreude that still makes me smile whenever I think of it was when a work mate's younger brother made a single pot brownie using around 15 grams of weed(around half an ounce). He figured you can never get too high, so he ate the whole thing, plopped down on the couch in front of the tv and chit chatted while waiting for the moment when he would start tripping mad balls. He went quiet after a while and 15-30 minutes later he suddenly shouts "YEAH I'M GOING TO BED NOW", and he did, then he slept for ~30 hours.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Ein posted:

A moment of schadenfreude that still makes me smile whenever I think of it was when a work mate's younger brother made a single pot brownie using around 15 grams of weed(around half an ounce). He figured you can never get too high, so he ate the whole thing, plopped down on the couch in front of the tv and chit chatted while waiting for the moment when he would start tripping mad balls. He went quiet after a while and 15-30 minutes later he suddenly shouts "YEAH I'M GOING TO BED NOW", and he did, then he slept for ~30 hours.

I had some friends do this. They were all excited and made their edibles and chowed down, eating a pan they put like two ounces into together. There were about four of them. They had all the usual freshmen in college activities planned. Watch The Wall followed by Grandma's Boy, listen to Bob Marley, etc.

I left them to it, came back about an hour later, and all four were passed out on the floor around the brownie pan exactly where they'd been sitting when I last saw them. We threw some blankets over them, shut the door, and didn't hear from them until the next day.

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
All the time I do a whole bunch of bad drugs and do some really "whacky" things that I still regret to this day.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
That's like 400 dollars worth of weed, wtf made them think this was a good idea.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

veedubfreak posted:

That's like 400 dollars worth of weed, wtf made them think this was a good idea.

Ahem:

TheSpiritFox posted:

freshmen in college

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

veedubfreak posted:

What makes this a bad idea???

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"Too busy researching wasps to help" is genius.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Troglyfe posted:

Someone loses their camera to some piggies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrxPuk0JefA

I can't believe their hasn't been more comment on this video, this is one of the best things I've ever seen on the internet.

I'm really impressed the camera survived that fall actually, I'd be sure it'd be smashed into a million bits.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Spalec posted:

I can't believe their hasn't been more comment on this video, this is one of the best things I've ever seen on the internet.

I'm really impressed the camera survived that fall actually, I'd be sure it'd be smashed into a million bits.

I was surprised it wasn't eaten by the hogs.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Deteriorata posted:

I was surprised it wasn't eaten by the hogs.

Not for lack of trying, as one can clearly see

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
Dear cat.

Stop being so loving mentally ill. You've ruined another day for me worrying about you and checking on you, because you decided after months of having the drat thing and using it fine that you did not like your litterbox (which we cleaned out multiple times trying to get you to use it) and refusing to poo poo in it, making yourself so impacted with poo poo I could feel it through your belly. Thanks for wasting my morning that I should have spent working, but instead spent phoning around for a cheaper vet because the last one we used is known for being pricey, and cost us $3000 thanks to your other mental illness of eating inedible objects. Thanks for the nice trick of making GBS threads in a temporary cardboard box we put out for you, but not until 5 minutes before going to the vet meaning we couldn't cancel the appointment. Did you know that most mentally retarded cats who don't like their litterbox just poo poo in their owners bed or something. I would have preferred this to the looming threat of more expensive surgery because you wrecked your body again over some dumb OCD. Cats are not supposed to have OCD and eating disorders, they are supposed to be regal and elegant and some bullshit like that.

Dear husband:

If we get severe rain and cockroaches go in the car to escape the rain, kill the loving cockroaches instead of telling me several days later that the car is cockroach infested so no, I should not go in it and therefore cannot accompany my mentally ill cat to the vets.

Also, if your computer keeps making GBS threads on you by constantly crashing, and I tell you what to do to potentially fix it, don't go online and try to do all other suggested solutions because you don't want to do my solution as it was *hard* then continually get depressed and miserable and huff and puff all around the house about your computer. Don't deeply sigh every time the computer crashes. Take the drat power supply out of my computer and test it in yours like I told you to do. Except now you can't do that because your harddrive has now died like the one before it did because the power supply is a piece of poo poo like I told you it was. Now we have to buy a new harddrive and a new power supply.

Edit: wrong bloody thread, enjoy that schadenfreude I guess.

Sing like a girl has a new favorite as of 23:39 on Feb 12, 2014

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
What do you mean wrong thread? I thought it was a valiant effort to get this thread back on track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pierzak posted:

What do you mean wrong thread? I thought it was a valiant effort to get this thread back on track.

Jeeze the white coat women doesn't miss a beat.

• Locked thread