Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

ColHannibal posted:

I know the ring is a silly benchmark to hold a car against, but the idea that it could be 30 seconds faster than the 918 which is already the fastest thing by a huge chuck is so ludicrous I am giddy to see them put up against each other.

But what if it's slower...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Aargh posted:

Then we just bow down to physics and accept that it's slower.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

gently caress, that's awesome.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Aargh posted:

I've always been a Porsche guy so I am rooting for the 918, but still... 30 seconds.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Polestar built a V8 so Volvo can join the Australian supercar series. They just posted this video of it for us to jerk off to. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ3jXFJMVrc

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

LloydDobler posted:

Polestar built a V8 so Volvo can join the Australian supercar series. They just posted this video of it for us to jerk off to. Enjoy.

Holy gently caress. Those velocity stacks :stare:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I was literally looking up the Volvo V8 just last night and thinking how awesome it would be to build one up and then cram it into a 240. The video only makes me want to do it more.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I never imagined how inefficient port injection was until I saw that video. Look at all that liquid sitting on the butterflies, no wonder direct injection is so much better.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Now imagine a carb.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

LloydDobler posted:

I would sell one both my kidneys to get a hold of one of those, oh god the noise!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
JDM import spotted.

A Peugeot in the snow :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I never imagined how inefficient port injection was until I saw that video. Look at all that liquid sitting on the butterflies, no wonder direct injection is so much better.

Would a setup like that technically be TBI? :haw:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
gently caress yeah a Delica! Its been years since I've seen one of those.

E: for those of us who do a lot of offroading.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 12, 2014

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

CharlesM posted:

JDM import spotted.

Those are freaking appalling vehicles - I really hope I never have the misfortune of having to drive one again.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They are ghastly. The previous version, which is basically an L300 with a diesel turdo and 4wd crudely slammed in, is even worse. They're extremely common where I live.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's not something you'd normally see around here though. I dunno. Most of those little microvans were never meant to go anywhere more than Tokyo city streets or maybe out along the farm.

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?

CharlesM posted:

JDM import spotted.

Where do you live? These are super common where I live; Beautiful British Columbia.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Seattle. This person must have come down for the weekend. Usually I only see the BC folks out by the discount mall though. :v:

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
They have to spend all of their pennies monies on keeping their rolling JDM shitwagons fueled. BC - Bring Cash.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
We have poo poo tons of Delicas basically everywhere - I see them all the time and they always make me happy.

That said, it's not as much fun to watch people buy them and then realize the turbodiesels are non-intercooled. Seen a lot of them have aggressive overheating issues at our elevation, especially climbing mountain roads.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

What is that street-lamp looking thing over the rear window?

phade
Oct 8, 2006

Dr.Caligari posted:

What is that street-lamp looking thing over the rear window?

It's a mirror so you can see the rear bumper while parking. They're very common on the JDM vans I've seen so I have to assume parking is tight in Japan.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

LloydDobler posted:

Are we actually seeing the air condense as it's being pulled into the stacks? That's a really weird affect I've never seen before.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

CharlesM posted:

Seattle. This person must have come down for the weekend. Usually I only see the BC folks out by the discount mall though. :v:

I thought that van looked familiar, I have seen the same one running around the city a few times. It looks like all it would take is a slight side wind to push it over.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

Are we actually seeing the air condense as it's being pulled into the stacks? That's a really weird affect I've never seen before.

That's fuel.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

LloydDobler posted:

Can it be crammed into a C30? RWD, of course.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I'm torn between :black101: and :neckbeard:.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

DefaultPeanut posted:

Where do you live? These are super common where I live; Beautiful British Columbia.

Delicas are pretty common in BC but the Type 2 still rules supreme.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

LloydDobler posted:

It sounds like a sport bike. Not bad, necessarily, but I wasn't expecting that.
Flat-plane, I guess?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Random, but anyone know where I could watch the 1989 DTM season? If this is :filez: I will delete.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GramCracker posted:

Random, but anyone know where I could watch the 1989 DTM season? If this is :filez: I will delete.

Hockenheim's on the tubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbnQpIy0i_g

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

I like to think it's not racing, it's just come tearing out of the wild off track to chase down and eat the other cars.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I hope all those coolers are ok :ohdear:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

CharlesM posted:

Small world. I parked next to that thing last weekend on Capitol Hill. I sat looking at if funny for a while not sure what to think.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hard to decide but despite the massive risk of death, I'm gonna slot this one in here.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I'm just going to hope and imagine that is Lowtax.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I came across this while making a TFR post, I like it.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

IOwnCalculus posted:

Hard to decide but despite the massive risk of death, I'm gonna slot this one in here.

Are you saying that you have never gone car sledding before? Granted I always did it in big open parking lots without curbs or anything and on a sled that I wasn't held into. Was it stupid and dangerous? Of course, but I wouldn't say it was massive risk of death...

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
I (and my friends) used to a do a low rent version of that, called bumper skiing. Basically, find an iced up road (easy in rural Saskatchewan), hang onto the bumper and ski. Great fun.

EDIT: I should clarify that no skis were involved.

Backov fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Feb 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If you have something with a solid bumper (or which you just don't care about), there is also the all-weather winter sport of shopping trolley curling.