Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Also, he didn't give me a burger apparently."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Although it doesn't affect the falsehood of the story, I can confirm that Odessa is a shitheap.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I always order my burgers with "No Salad".

I drink at my local pub way too much and in pretty close with all the staff.

There was indeed a time i asked for a burger with no salad, the ticket went to the kitchen with the comment "no healthy poo poo", given i was the only person ordering food at the time the kitchen staff knew it was for me, a plate with a single tomato was brought to my table as a joke (the burger followed shortly after).

That's a true story, it's boring, and probably what would be submitted to NAR before being turned into that garbage STDH.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

People wonder why I loving hate that movie. This is why.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Princess Bride, to me, will forever be known as "that movie referenced all the time by people who haven't actually seen it".

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Don't forget all the Monty Python works.

Pulsedragon
Aug 5, 2013

Edit: Oh god it's been so long since I used BBCode I forgot what I was doing.

Pulsedragon has a new favorite as of 10:33 on Feb 10, 2014

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I kinda wish Alejandro didn't get there in time.

No Longer Flaky
Nov 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Dude I was the Alejandro from that story. It totally happened.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

He survived the knife attack, but can he survive the saturated fats?

A Classy Ghost
Jul 21, 2003

this wine has a fantastic booquet
I don't even understand how the tracker played any part in this beyond reminding him someone was on their way. The delivery guy would've shown up either way.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

A Classy Ghost posted:

I don't even understand how the tracker played any part in this beyond reminding him someone was on their way. The delivery guy would've shown up either way.

Also, depending on various factors, the pizza tracker may be total bullshit. Corporate expects to see certain numbers in the performance audit, so most managers, at least in the area I used to work at, would fudge the pizza tracker by flagging orders as "out for delivery" when they were 15 minutes old, even if they were still in the oven/waiting to be put in the oven, and marking them as "delivered" when they were approaching 30 minutes. If they weren't doing this, it was because we were getting destroyed, and morale was decimated.

Probably the pizza tracker works fine for actual Corporate stores that have state of the art equipment and enough drivers, but the franchisee Dominos are a major crapshoot. I've seen one really nice one and like 5 that are understaffed holes in the ground, all owned by like 3 different people.

The tracker itself is just an egg timer informed by 4 points in time. Order enters the system, order flagged as "in the oven", order flagged as "out for delivery", order flagged as "complete". The last one is supposed to be entered when the driver returns to the store, but we were always told to do it 15 minutes after they leave, or when the total age of the order is almost at 30 minutes, at our discretion.

If somebody was actually watching the Pizza Tracker, and called to complain about how it says his nonexistent pizza was delivered, we were just supposed to be like, "Oh, yeah, sorry. That thing's an automated estimate, that gets thrown off when we're really busy."

I'm so glad I write software now :negative:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

A Classy Ghost posted:

It showed him that the pizza was nowhere near ready, so he checked who was at the door before opening it and realized it was his crazy violent ex?

Oh wait.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

And Alejandro grew up to be Albert Einstein, and the cops gave a round of applause.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

NoUU posted:

Revenge fantasies are my favorite STDH.

I have read this thread like three times and this seriously the worst story. It's like all of Troper tales mashed together.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I think that the Dominos pizza tracker story was some kind of weird search engine optimization thing or writing assignment. There's so many weird details thrown in. It's like someone told him to use the words "ninja turtle, dominos, Pizza Hut, banking, honda accord, parks and rec" and he came up with this.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

quote:

When I was in my early 20s, I started therapy, talking about my abusive childhood and the frequent chaos and neglect. A few sessions in, the therapist handed me a claim for insurance; on it I was to write the diagnosis for which I was seeking treatment.
Instead, I wrote the first and last names of the three family members who molested me and handed it back.
“You can’t do that,” she said.
“But that’s why I’m here,” I said.
She nodded, but explained how the insurance system worked and that a diagnosis was needed for me to get insurance coverage.
Car insurers look at fault and determine liability—why don’t medical insurers want a context? It made no sense to me. I pointed out how my perpetrators weren’t in jail or therapy, and my getting treatment wasn’t going to change their behavior.
I argued that, from a strictly financial standpoint, if abuse isn’t prevented it’s going to keep happening, and it’s cheaper to find and treat the abusers than the people they abuse. Wasn’t it known that abusers will keep abusing?
Prevention 101, or so I thought.

You are not helping prevent child abuse by bullshitting about your experiences in mental health. Plus I have never in my life seen an insurance claim form where they want the patient and not the doctor to fill out the diagnosis.
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2014/02/10/childhood-sex-abuse-silence-equals-shame/

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

big duck equals goose posted:

I have read this thread like three times and this seriously the worst story. It's like all of Troper tales mashed together.

It's so sad that a person's revenge fantasy, not to mention days of planning, culminated in a plan from a lovely 80s movie involving marbles and a fake spider in his 'Loki Trickster Jacket.' I feel bad for dumb nerds because there's really nowhere for them to go. It's the worst of all worlds.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Pulsedragon posted:

Edit: Oh god it's been so long since I used BBCode I forgot what I was doing.

I'm surprised there wasn't more MRA bullshit that usually comes with a made-up ex-girlfriend.

Maybe it was just a sad lonely man-child trying to get laid free pizza.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Sports are universal.

quote:

In Threat Of A Disconnect
Call Center | Nottingham, England, UK | Bad Behavior, Money, Wild & Unruly

(I work at a large local cable and telephone company. My department deals with clients that haven’t paid their bills and had their service suspended. I have dealt with a lot of abuse everyday for the last two years. This has taken its toll and I’m now in my final week of my month’s notice. A particularly vile client has come through. We have suspended his cable service on the day of a big football match.)

Me: “Good afternoon. You’re through to [Cable Company]. My name is [First Name]. How can I help you?”

Customer: “Listen b****. You need to turn my cable back on right now! I’ve got f****** friends coming over to watch the match!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir. It looks like your service has been suspended as you have two months charges currently outstanding. We will be unable to reconnect your service without the account being settled in full. However, if you would like me to take a card payment now I can get you reconnected in about 10 minutes.”

Customer: “Listen, you’ll get your money when I’m good and ready. I’m sick of your company. I swear I’m going to rip your f****** equipment out of the wall and throw it in the garden if you don’t switch it back on NOW!”

Me: “I wouldn’t advise that, sir. The box is leased, so any damage would be added to your bill. So, did you wish to make a card payment so I can get you reconnected?”

Customer: “LISTEN, YOU S***!”

Me: “Can you please refrain from using bad language? You have not paid your bill for two months and would have received a notice and a final notice to warn you of this. If you are unwilling to pay the bill today there is nothing further I can do for you. Once you pay at [locations] or over the phone I can get you reconnected.”

Customer: “YOU F****** B****! YOU CONNECT MY TV RIGHT NOW OR I’M COMING DOWN THERE WITH A KNIFE AND A BASEBALL BAT AND I’M GOING TO KILL YOU! CONNECT IT NOW OR I WILL KILL YOU!”

(Although death threats are quite common, for some reason, maybe because I’m working my notice, I find this one extremely funny and begin to laugh.)

Customer: “WHAT ARE YOU F****** LAUGHING AT?! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!”

Me: “The reason I’m laughing, sir, is that you have threatened to kill me despite me having your full name and address on screen. I could report you to the police but to be honest I think that would be a waste of their time. So, did you want me to process a payment or not?”

Customer: “I’M COMING DOWN TO YOUR OFFICE NOW WITH A BASEBALL BAT!”

Me: “Well, sir, I’m not sure how you’re going to as you live in [town about an hour and half drive] and I’m due to finish my shift in half an hour at an office where over 500 people are employed. You only have my first name and no idea what I look like, so I wish you well. Also, while you’ve been on the phone I’ve noticed your phone bill is also overdue and will make sure this service is also suspended so you do not incur any further fees to increase your outstanding balance. Now, if there is nothing further I can do for you I’ll have to say goodbye as I’m going home to watch the football match this afternoon.”

Customer: *unintelligible screams*

Me: *as brightly as possible* “In that case, thank you for your call. Goodbye.” *click*

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

haplesscardsharp posted:

I'm surprised there wasn't more MRA bullshit that usually comes with a made-up ex-girlfriend.

Maybe it was just a sad lonely man-child trying to get laid free pizza.

I guess by making the pizza guy into a hero, he thinks he'll get those sweet, sweet double pepperoni/anchovy with extra olives free forever.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Khazar-khum posted:

Sports are universal.

The only STDH part of this is the rep engaging with the abusive customer's bullshit instead of giving boilerplate responses.

Also I don't know how it works in the UK but in the US, customer support is almost never allowed to hang up on a customer. They can be calling you a dyke oval office whore and threatening to make sure you never work again and you're required to be courteous and stick to the pre-approved responses (e.g. "If you'd like to make a payment...", etc.). The most you can do is transfer them to a supervisor if they ask for it.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The only STDH part of this is the rep engaging with the abusive customer's bullshit instead of giving boilerplate responses.

Also I don't know how it works in the UK but in the US, customer support is almost never allowed to hang up on a customer. They can be calling you a dyke oval office whore and threatening to make sure you never work again and you're required to be courteous and stick to the pre-approved responses (e.g. "If you'd like to make a payment...", etc.). The most you can do is transfer them to a supervisor if they ask for it.

Yeah, we don't put up with that kinda poo poo in the UK.

Most companies have a "3 strike rule" where you warn the customer about their conduct and disconnect them on the third time if they chose to continue being a oval office.

I used to warn the customer once and if they continued I'd disconnect. Was never pulled up about it. But I work for a government non profit subsidiary so I dunno how that applies to places driven by profit.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Man I don't know what lovely rear end places you've worked, but anywhere I've done customer service in the US, if the customer starts getting abusive or swears at you, you can pretty much give them a warning that you will hang up and then hang up if they continue carrying on. Customer service in the US is pretty loving dumb in how much they expect you to take from people, but there are still limits, in my experience.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Khazar-khum posted:

Sports are universal.

poo poo that didn't happen.txt: *unintelligible screams*

I gave up Not Always Right and its sister sites a couple of weeks back.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

DrNutt posted:

Man I don't know what lovely rear end places you've worked, but anywhere I've done customer service in the US, if the customer starts getting abusive or swears at you, you can pretty much give them a warning that you will hang up and then hang up if they continue carrying on. Customer service in the US is pretty loving dumb in how much they expect you to take from people, but there are still limits, in my experience.

I've worked at quite a few places and as soon as a person was abusive we were allowed to disconnect. I'd usually keep them on because it was more entertaining than the usual prattle and you could usually get them to calm down after a minute and then they'd usually apologize non-stop. Customer service was still the absolute worst job I've ever had and I used to dig ditches with a shovel in a subtropical environment and clean up animal waste.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Ariza posted:

I've worked at quite a few places and as soon as a person was abusive we were allowed to disconnect. I'd usually keep them on because it was more entertaining than the usual prattle and you could usually get them to calm down after a minute and then they'd usually apologize non-stop. Customer service was still the absolute worst job I've ever had and I used to dig ditches with a shovel in a subtropical environment and clean up animal waste.

Don't forget the people that call up to get female reps and make lewd statements at them.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling

Grrl Anachronism posted:

You are not helping prevent child abuse by bullshitting about your experiences in mental health. Plus I have never in my life seen an insurance claim form where they want the patient and not the doctor to fill out the diagnosis.
http://msmagazine.com/blog/2014/02/10/childhood-sex-abuse-silence-equals-shame/

Patients never fill out these forms. The insurance company would deny coverage if they heard the patient was being asked to diagnose themselves. It's true that companies won't pay for treatment without a diagnosis, but insurance doesn't care about context - they look at diagnosis, consult their tables which determine length of treatment required, and allocate a specific amount of funding for x number of sessions. It's a very mechanical process and the patient is not heavily involved unless coverage is denied, when you encourage them to call and plead their case.

Besides, she's multiple sessions in? Did the therapist not want to get paid for their previous work? All that paperwork is done during the assessment phase.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I'm a mental health counselor myself and I agree the insurance system is hosed but you're not doing yourself any favors by being flippant to the therapist about it.

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

Edit: The latest episode of TheFPlus has some good STDH

NoUU has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Feb 12, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He boasts about literally ruining someone's life as if he is the one cause just because he stopped being a slacker, without a hint of irony.

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

CJacobs posted:

He boasts about literally ruining someone's life as if he is the one cause just because he stopped being a slacker, without a hint of irony.

Don't worry, it never happened.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's my whole point. He acts like it's a good thing, because he's an idiot.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Why are these screencaps always spread around with at least one person replying "this is beautiful" or "holy poo poo" or whatever. Do they feel it makes the story seem more real if someone reacts to it?

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

karl fungus posted:

Why are these screencaps always spread around with at least one person replying "this is beautiful" or "holy poo poo" or whatever. Do they feel it makes the story seem more real if someone reacts to it?

Because they pretty thinly veiled attempts at gaining attention and recognition they never could in actual social settings. Sycophants abound on the internet.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

karl fungus posted:

Those comments are probably poo poo that *did* happen. There are a lot of gullible people on Facebook/Tumblr/Reddit/Imgur when it comes to STDH stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

hallo spacedog posted:

Don't forget the people that call up to get female reps and make lewd statements at them.

One call centre I worked at had a serial masturbator who'd call up every so often. Thing was, if he got a woman on the line, he'd hang up.

Haggis Heed posted:

Yeah, we don't put up with that kinda poo poo in the UK.

Most companies have a "3 strike rule" where you warn the customer about their conduct and disconnect them on the third time if they chose to continue being a oval office.

I used to warn the customer once and if they continued I'd disconnect. Was never pulled up about it. But I work for a government non profit subsidiary so I dunno how that applies to places driven by profit.

I had a few people kicking off at the last place I worked (UK call centre working for a certain energy company). Generally, if you let them have a rant, they'd eventually say 'look, I know it's not your fault, I'm sorry to take it out on you'. A couple of times though, I had people say 'well, it's your job, that's what you're there for'. I've had one or two guys get seriously threatening at me, and the first time, my reaction was in fact to laugh. Any other time though, you warn them. If they step up or start shouting and swearing, either they get a final warning or I cut the call there and then, depending on how bad it is. Any time I've been asked about it, I've explained my reasoning and been told 'fair enough, if it happens again, give me a shout'.

• Locked thread