Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

My game seems to be crashing as soon as I try to enter Ustengrav, is there an easy ell to deduce what could be causing this other than tediously disabling mods one by one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Disable mods that have to do with Ustengrav first?

Burns
May 10, 2008

I wish there was a mod that converted the hearthfire homes into your own inn. I mean dovKiin isnt expected to slay dragons forever right?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I want to stay at the Dovahk Inn!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"If you need anything, just give us a Shout" :v:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Something about a bed and dragon breakfast.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

"Don't talk to that guy over there, he's a bloody dragon sometimes..."

"Here, have a snickers - you turn into a right Dovah when you're hungry" etc.

Nymix fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 12, 2014

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Do werewolf claw attacks count as unarmed attacks? If so, do they benefit from SPERG perks and things that benefit unarmed?

How do I claw the most face

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mzbundifund posted:

Do werewolf claw attacks count as unarmed attacks? If so, do they benefit from SPERG perks and things that benefit unarmed?

by not being a werewolf.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lazy_Liberal posted:

My little mudcrab pet equipped the ebony mail so he turns all shadowy and evil from time to time. <3

This is outstanding. SHADOW CRAB ATTACK!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

The Iron Rose posted:

by not being a werewolf.

But I also want to be a nerd half of the time. :saddowns:

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
On the subject of awesome pets, here's a mod that lets you ride a giant Husky. It's actually normal size by default, but I thought that looked silly, so I opened the mod in the CK and made it bigger, and it's loving glorious:

It's just too bad there's no way to pet it.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
So I'm still a victim of random CTDs. Two of the most recent ones were when I was attacking a target with magic, though certainly all are not like that. With this list of mods, are there any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

Link to mod list

Burns
May 10, 2008

Inverness posted:

So I'm still a victim of random CTDs. Two of the most recent ones were when I was attacking a target with magic, though certainly all are not like that. With this list of mods, are there any suggestions as to what could be the problem?

Link to mod list

Did you install the memory fix that comes with the SKSE alpha (see Gopher's video on Nexus frontpage for more info)? How up-to-date are your mods?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Burns posted:

Did you install the memory fix that comes with the SKSE alpha (see Gopher's video on Nexus frontpage for more info)? How up-to-date are your mods?
This is the first I'm hearing about a memory fix. Elaborate on that?

My other mods are up to date though.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Deadly Spell Impacts can cause CTDs, I highly recommend removing it (it doesnt add much anyway). I had similar issues in the past during mage fights and the only issue I was able to pinpoint was DSI...

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Inverness posted:

tl;dr someone fixed skyrim's memory issues, update your SKSE

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
So The Midden Expanded is probably the coolest, most immersive mod I've run across. It's a combination quest, house, dungeon mod and really feels like something Bethesda should have added.

The Midden originally feels like 'well this is kinda cool and spooky but feels incomplete' and gets turned into 'holy gently caress this is huge and awesome and confusing and dark (moody) as heck'. It's very subtle in its execution. It has some of the best area/dungeon layouts in the game and manages to pull off 'sprawling, confusing and maze-like' without being annoying or frustrating. There are also quite a few impressive sights. The 'house' itself is really cool and has everything you could need without being some overly ridiculous mansion thing.

It's like the perfect mod for a dark wizard type character. Highly recommend it for anyone though, honestly, everyone should check it out.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Does anyone have a mod which removes the armor from the huskies in the game? I'd just like a fuzzy little follower with the SPERG perk. :3:

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

Mzbundifund posted:

I think so, I've leveled pickpocket by killing people with werewolf attacks.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Inverness posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37xAMUQc1oY

Lots of useful info in this video along with instructions. So far the SKSE version seems to work for me.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Mortimer posted:

Disable mods that have to do with Ustengrav first?

I've managed to get into Ustengrav after disabling and re-enabling some mods, but when I try to active the Automatic Variants, Lootification or Dual Sheath Redux esps (after recreating them). Loading into my game, all my armour and weapons are gone, all the mcm menus start resetting and my character becomes a vampire I think. The only other SkyProc patcher I have (ASIS) doesn't seem to cause any issues though.

Load Order

EDIT: I've uploaded a video example

Nova69 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 13, 2014

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

I'm missing chunks of Solitude.

I have no idea what's causing it. I thought it might be Expanded Towns and Cities, but that mod doesn't cover Solitude yet, and I'm not sure what other mods could affect the town. But I keep falling through the ground, and there's a bonfire and some plants floating in the air as well.

Load Order

King Dead
Apr 13, 2011

What sort of AI/Scripting nightmares am I risking by installing a "make anyone a follower" mod? Specifically, people you can marry but not have as a follower?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Broniki posted:

I'm missing chunks of Solitude.

I have no idea what's causing it. I thought it might be Expanded Towns and Cities, but that mod doesn't cover Solitude yet, and I'm not sure what other mods could affect the town. But I keep falling through the ground, and there's a bonfire and some plants floating in the air as well.

Load Order

That's very clearly a dirty mod altering things it shouldn't. Run TES5Edit

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I keep getting "Failed to request file info from nexus" errors in Mod Organizer when I try to use NMM links. Are Nexus servers down right now or something, or is my MO messed up?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Entropic posted:

I keep getting "Failed to request file info from nexus" errors in Mod Organizer when I try to use NMM links. Are Nexus servers down right now or something, or is my MO messed up?

In the MO config tab, Set NMM version to 0.47.0

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Agents are GO! posted:

0.47.1 ^

edit: VV it should be fine once you set it to that. Nexus had a problem with version 0.46, so it blocked everyone running that.

mbt fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 14, 2014

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Agents are GO! posted:

That worked, thanks. Do I have to do that manually every time NMM updates? What's the deal there?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Entropic posted:

That worked, thanks. Do I have to do that manually every time NMM updates? What's the deal there?

Yes, because they block the previous versions so people who use NMM (lol) will upgrade.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

Wasn't there a goon who was retexturing all of the vanilla weapons? What happened to that?

There was, but he stopped a while ago. Cabal's Amidianborn Book of Silence covers pretty much all of the weapons now, though.

TalonDemonKing
May 4, 2011

Right now I'm running Hidden Treasures, Morrowloot, Skyrims Unique Treasures, and Buried Treasures to kind of spice up random exploring. I'm worried since all these mods add stuff to the world space, that a couple of them might not be working, however I can't exactly check because most are hidden/hard to find.

Will these mods conflict with one another? I loaded everything fine and I got no errors when enabling the mods, nor did I get any sudden crashes when exploring the skyrim worldspace.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
They might override one another if they alter the same places, and whichever order they load in is the order they take priority; however, odds are lowish that'd have an unstable result or even much overlap. If you want to know for sure, load TES5Edit with them all checked and look for the same entries being modified. In terms of features, doesn't sound like they should.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

TalonDemonKing posted:

Right now I'm running Hidden Treasures, Morrowloot, Skyrims Unique Treasures, and Buried Treasures to kind of spice up random exploring. I'm worried since all these mods add stuff to the world space, that a couple of them might not be working, however I can't exactly check because most are hidden/hard to find.

Will these mods conflict with one another? I loaded everything fine and I got no errors when enabling the mods, nor did I get any sudden crashes when exploring the skyrim worldspace.

All of these mods add items to the interior and exterior cells throughout the game. Your best bet would be to load them up in TESVEdit, and see which mod changes what cell. If you find conflicting entries, then you can go ahead and merge all of the changes into one Merged Patch.

Beyond that, the only mod that does anything else significant is Morrowloot, which completely removes everything above Steel from both the crafting menus and leveled lists.

Quift
May 11, 2012
speaking of solitude, it is one of only 2 cities that I have not modded due to not finding a stable solitude mod, nor a good Markarth mod.

Any recommendations on good solitude and markarth mods? I started this run in markarth and it is a city with quite large potential to be a great city. It has a cool concept, cool architecture and political stories etc. But the only mod I could find for it turnns alll dwemer asssets white.

List of modded cities that I currently have if you wish to look something up. I highly recommend these. They add a lot of world to the cities and towns.

Dawn of Whiterun
Dawn of WInterhold
Riften - Thives edition
Imperial Cities Unique Falkreath
Morthal Hold
dawnstar expanded
winterhold improved(does NOT add plenty of ghosts, an entire city etc
immmersive collge of winterhold
college of winterhold shop fixes

Expanded towns and cities:
riverwood, roriksstead, dragonsbridge, dragonsbridge south, ivarstead kynesgrove.

These mods are downloaded for Solitude but they seem to bring some stability problems:
Solitude city of trade
better cities solitude
complete solitude

----

New subject. Savefile bloat. My current save has started to bloat suddenly and clocks in at 120 mb compared to the normal 12. Recommended actions to reduce the file? Looking at the save file histoy it seemed to have happened 2 days ago, when it jumped from 13mb to 1244 mb in one save.

I have the save cleaner installed, SKSE invalidscript cleaning (which is already active in the skse.ini).

Which actions should I take in which order to not destroy this current game?

edit:
It might be when I unninstallled the Complete crafting overhaul, would reinstalling it help?
I removed it since I tought that it conflicted with spergs arcane transmuter

Quift fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Feb 14, 2014

Quift
May 11, 2012
also,

"Skyrim Modding - Bash "clean" things together like a Boss"

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry if this has been awnsered before but I seem to have the "no eyes" bug with enb (seasons of Skyrim) and I can't figure out what setting is the culprit. I'm running the 0.250 version of the binaries and 0.210 before that (both have the problem). Is there a known fix?

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Are there any good tutorials for creating new standalone weapons? I'm trying to turn a staff into a quarterstaff like the ones in Heavy Armory, but I keep ending up with a weapon that shows up fine in the world but is invisible when holding it. I'd prefer a written tutorial to a video if possible.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
PSA: When you upgrade your USKP install to 2.0.1 make *absolutely certain* you have nothing overriding the magic effect entries for soul trap, or you're going to permanently gently caress up your save:

dunHagsEndSoulTrapFFContact
dunHalldirEnchSoulTrapFFAimedArea
EnchSoulTrapFFAimedArea
EnchSoulTrapFFContact
PerkSoulStealerFFContact
SoulTrapFFActor
DLC01_SoulTearTrapFFActor (if you have Dawnguard)

Any mods that add new soul trap spells, like soul trap cloak or whatever the hell else, are also going to gently caress up your save unless they provide a new magicSoulTrapFXScript.pex along with it (which will then conflict with USKP, but it might not break your save). SkyRE and USKP together, for example, will break your game.

More here if you're interested: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index...-mass-hysteria/

FWIW, Acquisitive Soul Gems *alone* will not break anything, because it disables the original script and adds its own. It can't help you if something else is overriding those entries though, and is loaded after it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Does the new SKSE alpha version, with the memory fix, require any additional configuration to get that to kick in?

Kilroy posted:

PSA: When you upgrade your USKP install to 2.0.1 make *absolutely certain* you have nothing overriding the magic effect entries for soul trap, or you're going to permanently gently caress up your save:

dunHagsEndSoulTrapFFContact
dunHalldirEnchSoulTrapFFAimedArea
EnchSoulTrapFFAimedArea
EnchSoulTrapFFContact
PerkSoulStealerFFContact
SoulTrapFFActor
DLC01_SoulTearTrapFFActor (if you have Dawnguard)

Any mods that add new soul trap spells, like soul trap cloak or whatever the hell else, are also going to gently caress up your save unless they provide a new magicSoulTrapFXScript.pex along with it (which will then conflict with USKP, but it might not break your save). SkyRE and USKP together, for example, will break your game.

More here if you're interested: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index...-mass-hysteria/

FWIW, Acquisitive Soul Gems *alone* will not break anything, because it disables the original script and adds its own. It can't help you if something else is overriding those entries though, and is loaded after it.
:ohdear: :frogsiren:

Is Smart Souls alone okay?

And I guess that mean Apocalypse's Cloak of Souls spell is out. Good thing I haven't used any of those since I updated. My Papyrus log doesn't show that error.

According to thread, the person that made that script was retarded? :shrug:

Inverness fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 15, 2014

• Locked thread