Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Actually he has 99% written out and memorized before hand. He just recites them verbatim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
That would actually be a lot more impressive than being an improv virtuoso.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Another Person posted:

Outside of getting good stories, which on the internet doesn't mean much, I don't feel like Seth really does put crazy hours into pre-pro. I feel like the guy is just reeealllly good at improv comedy.

At the very least he watches a poo poo load of television and has a superhuman tolerance to "reality" programming

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
You can tell Seth must read an absolute shitload of stuff (including abstracts from medical journals) every single week to find the interesting stuff though that absolutely nobody else is talking about though. I mean, think about how many goddamn websites there are on the internet who put up dozens of things every day and how little overlap they have with your average UYD episode.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Anyone have a clue how the three back-to-back live shows are gonna work? Same material at each one, or three whole episodes worth of stuff? I don't know whether there's a precedent or not

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

goferchan posted:

Anyone have a clue how the three back-to-back live shows are gonna work? Same material at each one, or three whole episodes worth of stuff? I don't know whether there's a precedent or not

Almost certainly 3 whole different episodes. They did two in one night once a while back and they were both totally different.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
That's honestly really really impressive

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

GraPar posted:

You can tell Seth must read an absolute shitload of stuff (including abstracts from medical journals) every single week to find the interesting stuff though that absolutely nobody else is talking about though. I mean, think about how many goddamn websites there are on the internet who put up dozens of things every day and how little overlap they have with your average UYD episode.

What is more likely is that he does dick all now except watch tv and listen to a quarter of his voice mail messages for story ideas

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ya, we all know Jonathan is the true backbone of this operation

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

a starwar betamax posted:

Ya, we all know Jonathan is the true backbone of this operation

The fact that people had to wait years for their t-shirts makes me an even larger fan of this show

Any goons here that were victims?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

WYA posted:

The fact that people had to wait years for their t-shirts makes me an even larger fan of this show

Any goons here that were victims?

There is one guy who never got his shirt and is still real bitter about it and brings it up every time he posts itt but I havent seen him post in a while

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I've wanted a UYD shirt since I first really got into the show but I've been waiting for hard proof that someone ordered and actually received one before I put the money down on one. As soon as I see that I'm ordering one immediately and wearing it as often as is reasonable.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

I'm pretty sure the only reliable way to get UYD gear is at the merch table at a live show.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Didn't someone once post ITT that they got their t-shirt almost a year after ordering it and it was the wrong size?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

It's not a t-shirt, but I ordered one of the 2011 Largo show posters and it arrived within the same year. And Seth signed it with his name, d.o.b., birthplace and weight: 'a lady never tells'.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
What in the everloving bloody hell was the point Jonathan was trying to make re: weed legalization in CO and WA and teams from those states playing in the super bowl

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
Super BOWL bowl of WEED. Smoking a super bowlllllll. I saw a lot of memes like that on FB over that last month.

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

Was he also trying to imply that teams from states with easier access to weed are going to play better because they can self-medicate with weed for pain more easily? I remember hearing that sentiment somewhere, might not have been UYD though.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
He was saying that everybody cracking jokes like:

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

Super BOWL bowl of WEED. Smoking a super bowlllllll. I saw a lot of memes like that on FB over that last month.

was probably going to help the national legalization movement, because it was moving the conversation away from "WEED KILLS KIDS" to "Huh, it's cool for some people to smoke weed now"

Made more sense to me than "rapid fire taser rifle"

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I saw a lot of jokes like this:

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2014021/rs_500x375-140121100302-tumblr_mzqdnqq9QG1qdorl6o1_500.jpg

with the idea being LOL BOWL LIKE A BOWL OF WEED YOU CAN SMOKE WEED IN BOTH THESE PLACES.

Marvin_Gardens
May 25, 2005

UYD: Shooting metaphorical wives daily

"Can you imagine how unfunny Dan Akroyd's little brother is?"

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
The mafia continues to bring it with the great names. I can't believe they arrested Charlie Pepsi.

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Tall Pete is probably short.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Did they get Junior Lollipops?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Power of Pecota posted:

Did they get Junior Lollipops?

They got Junior Lollipops Jr. :(

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
What can you even say at a time like this, except... BOWSHK!

Beeez
May 28, 2012
This story reminded me of the kid who crashed his car into his college: http://onwardstate.com/2014/02/10/student-arrested-for-trespassing-after-early-valentines-day-gift-goes-awry/

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That is such quality UYD material, so many curious little details.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GraPar posted:

The mafia continues to bring it with the great names. I can't believe they arrested Charlie Pepsi.

What are the Vegas odds on whether or not Seth will call himself "Sethie TV" after reading about this? Could I find a bookie to consider this prop bet?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Man Seth is gonna be piiiiiiiiiiiisssed

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

So i ran out of UYD eps on my phone and i'm bumping up against my data cap, so I decided to go over to weck's wiki and read some episode summaries. Jesus christ, maybe it's because I've been awake for 26 hours, but the straightforward deadpan style of the segment summaries are loving hysterical.

quote:

19:26 – Seth had to go to Time Warner because his modem crapped out on him. He thought about going in notebook style and just writing down what he needs (Episode 113, 11:24 and Episode 015, 21:26), but he’s already been an rear end in a top hat in this place before, so he mixes it up. On the fly he pulls this out: “Listen, I’m Christian…” and goes with it, and gives a lot of “Bless You”s and Drew Barrymore faux-Dali Lama bowing, and before he knows it, he has a new modem, new cord, new power strip, a special card for the guy who’s coming the next morning from 9-12 and makes the woman tear up. Originally he wanted to firebomb the place because he’s been dealing with incessant internet issues. He thinks he might go with this ploy again, and Jah wonders what Seth’s mom will think about it.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

CaptainJuan posted:

So i ran out of UYD eps on my phone and i'm bumping up against my data cap, so I decided to go over to weck's wiki and read some episode summaries. Jesus christ, maybe it's because I've been awake for 26 hours, but the straightforward deadpan style of the segment summaries are loving hysterical.

One of my favorite Seth moments. I hope they continue doing the episode summaries at some point. They stopped a few months ago.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
"Yeah, they asked an 8 year old to draw a celebrity. Today."

I was in tears the entire celebrity game night story.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Uhh...Michael Keaton!

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Riptor posted:

Man Seth is gonna be piiiiiiiiiiiisssed

Man they're out to hit Seth where he lives, and where he works.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Biodome posted:

Uhh...Michael Keaton!

CHRISTIAN loving BALE?

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Oh god, and the 8-year old girl's drawing of Robin Thicke.

Uhhhh... SIMON LE BON.

Simon Le Bon??! Dude, I'm like the youngest person on the planet who listens to Duran Duran, and I'm loving 30 :wtc: I'd never heard of the show before, but I think I might check out an ep just to see what it feels like to get worked up to Seth levels.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I'm 29 and adore them, so second youngest! But yeah, that whole segment had me in stitches.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What is Johnathon talking about with his fuckup with the UYD facebook page around episode 340?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

WYA posted:

What is Johnathon talking about with his fuckup with the UYD facebook page around episode 340?

He had no way to recover the password probably.

Zuckernerd didn't want to lend a hand, I guess.