Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
RIP Augpocalypse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

RedQueen posted:

Supposedly there is going to be an update pushed out tonight

Please cite your sources

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1xr7ls/early_warning_for_update_counterstrike_global/

Yea, reddit, but this guy is always on point with update info and I don't know where else to look.

e: I guess Valve's csgo_servers mailing list is his source but I don't care enough to subscribe to that.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Please do. The AUGmentation was fun for a bit but AUG/SG are pretty much the only viable AR choices in late game now. Try something different? Want to use more than one gun in your shootermans? Get AUG stomped.

reddit posted:

"Fixed rogue pixel on p2000" "fixed awp bolt animation"
"AUG damage and armor penetration is now consistent with SG553"

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Haha this has to be a joke. Am I reading this right? There is no way they buffed the ap and damage on the AUG. Or does "more in line" actually mean they made it have worse damage and ap. Please tell me AUG is back to being a fancy paperweight to shame the other team with.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Patch notes aren't out yet. That quote was just some redditor's hilarious edgy prediction.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
- Balkan terrorist faction's intelligibility altered (reduced)

- Terrorists now hold Mac-10 sideways

- Pokemon stickers added to capsules

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Drinkfist can finally roll with the Squirtle emblazoned UMP of his dreams.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Geschwafel posted:

- Pokemon stickers added to capsules

Valve announces it is purchasing all competitors with its new found cash flow

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Update dropped

edit: I'm not seeing any patch notes

edit2:

quote:

[ CZ75-Auto]

- Added the CZ75-Auto as a new stock pistol that is a loadout alternative to the P250. Its stats are identical to the P250's with the exception of being fully automatic and having only two magazines.

[ CS:GO Weapon Case #3 ]

- Introducing the CS:GO Weapon Case #3, comprised entirely of pistol finishes, including finishes for the new CZ75-Auto.

[ GAMEPLAY ]

- Weapon adjustments based on data collected:

-- Increased Aug recoil

-- Reduced Aug rate of fire

-- Reduced Aug and Sg553

Necc0 fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 13, 2014

slev
Apr 6, 2009

The aug is dead

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQ8N1KacJc

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
new pistol???? what

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
I'd easily spend like $5 on a Rattata sticker for my P90

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Last night of the AUG and I spent it running around with a Sawed-Off... drat.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
A fully automatic p250 in the pistol slot

I'm dying here, squirtle!

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

CZ75-Auto
  • Added the CZ75-Auto as a new stock pistol that is a loadout alternative to the P250. Its stats are identical to the P250's with the exception of being fully automatic and having only two magazines.
CS:GO Weapon Case #3
  • Introducing the CS:GO Weapon Case #3, comprised entirely of pistol finishes, including finishes for the new CZ75-Auto.
GAMEPLAY
  • Weapon adjustments based on data collected:
  • -- Increased Aug recoil
  • -- Reduced Aug rate of fire
  • -- Reduced Aug and Sg553 scoped run speeds
  • -- Increased Desert Eagle accuracy recovery by 2.5%
  • Improved scope visuals for Aug and Sg553.
  • Aug now has a new firing sound.
  • Pressing the walk key while running now properly decelerates your speed to walking instead of instantly capping it.
  • Fixed regression that broke environment fog not being reduced when zoomed with a scoped weapon.
UI
  • Added text filter to loadout.
  • Added peel animation when player cycles position.
  • Fixed enemies on the square radar not rotating to match their view.
  • Fixed teammate colors sometimes shuffling on some panels when a player disconnected in Competitive Mode.
  • Crosshair style 2 (Classic) has been changed to accurately show weapon accuracy.
  • Added some ConVars to be used with crosshairstyle 2 (Classic) to allow users to further customize how they want it to display. (cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod, cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio)
MAPS
  • Overpass
  • -- Improved visibility.
  • -- Removed small cover on CT side of Bombsite B.
  • -- Drastically reduced the number of trashcans.
  • -- Widened tunnel near T spawn.
  • -- Widened lower door in park connector.
  • -- Widened corridor near CT sniper room.
MISC
  • Fixes to improve game stability during startup.
  • Added diagnostic info to debug video config reset.
  • Fixed dedicated server to write steam_appid.txt
  • Fixed several game server memory leaks.
  • Fixed a bug causing certain workshop maps to re-download every time the game is launched.

RedQueen fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 13, 2014

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

If there's one thing CS:GO needs, it's most definitely loadout alternatives

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I've been wondering to myself for quite awhile if they would ever wind up adding new weapons to CS:GO. Variation is awesome, but I wouldn't want it to become too cluttered.

Edit: It replaces the P250 like the M4A1-S replaces the M4A4... drat.

Edit 2: 12 in the first magazine, the "foregrip" is actually the second magazine, so it's 12|12 and the same price at $300... interesting tradeoff. If the damage is the same, it's certainly a better weapon because it has a relatively tight pattern. $150 kill reward.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 13, 2014

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

We Call of Duty now

http://i.imgur.com/Xh1ntLj.png

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

The new AUG scope

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

owns owns owns

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

RedQueen posted:

• Fixed a bug causing certain workshop maps to re-download every time the game is launched.

loving finally

Babby Formed
Jan 2, 2009
Great update valve, now I crash about a minute after I enter any server, no matter what I'm doing. Already re-checked the cache too.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Aug is pretty cool now. The first 3 or so shots are dead on, then it starts going crazy. Burst fire it and you still get them kills.

Edit: Same

Agoat posted:

Last night of the AUG and I spent it running around with a Sawed-Off... drat.

Turns out I'm bad at that too.

Edit 2: Oh I did get an aug kill and was told I was being reported for hacking because of it that same round.

The guy is on T-Stairs if you can't see him.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 13, 2014

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Well as you can probably imagine the new pistol is a death machine if you can land your shots. The ammo tradeoff is interesting as it makes it a terrible pistol round gun, even worse than the p250, but in any other round it's perfect. A quick burst of high damage rounds meant to get you out of a sticky situation. Or on an eco where you're not gonna be squeezing more than a mag or two out anyways.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Necc0 posted:

Well as you can probably imagine the new pistol is a death machine if you can land your shots. The ammo tradeoff is interesting as it makes it a terrible pistol round gun, even worse than the p250, but in any other round it's perfect. A quick burst of high damage rounds meant to get you out of a sticky situation. Or on an eco where you're not gonna be squeezing more than a mag or two out anyways.

Imagine how much better this pistol would have been before last weeks nerf to moving accuracy with automatic weapons.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Oh

Great

A new weapon, I'm sure this will go well :shepface:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I like to think that the new scope is an intentional nod to how bad the aug was for that week.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

After using it for 2 minutes I felt like they gave the aug the m4a4 recoil when unscoped and the m4a1 recoil when scoped.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

mcvey posted:

Oh

Great

loving csgrognard gently caress nerd

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I played CS from beta and think new weapon own gently caress ya'll hatin rear end b1tch3z.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 13, 2014

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

mcvey posted:

Oh

Great

Don't you poo poo on this weapon. I have not even touched it yet, but I just know this is my gun. I have been asking for a full auto pistol for like 8 years. I need it. It completes me. I am sorry to my Tec-9 goddess ahead of time for cheating on you with this tramp of a gun.

Edit: Oh yeah, the auto weapon nerf...ehh no big issue.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
Scoped sensitivity on the new scopes seems hosed. This new deagle skin is just awful.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Reticule seems to be hosed on pistols

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Just played a quick deathmatch with the new weapons and some bots just to check it out. Boy, do ya go thru those 12 bullets fast!

On the whole, though, it's a fun weapon.

I also like the new Aug.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

jerkstoresup posted:

e: I guess Valve's csgo_servers mailing list is his source but I don't care enough to subscribe to that.

You can find this online, look for Ido Magal posts http://csgo-servers.1073505.n5.nabble.com/ You can also check steamdb.info

Dvsilverwing posted:

. Has to be better than MM, right?

That depends,

RedQueen posted:

The new AUG scope

What the gently caress is this lol

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 13, 2014

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

Any ideas on persistent crashing?

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

What the gently caress is this lol

Can't wait for the next patch to add ironsights for all the other guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

BrandNew posted:

Scoped sensitivity on the new scopes seems hosed. This new deagle skin is just awful.

zoom sensitivity is controlled by zoom_sensitivity_ratio_mouse(or something like that), you can adjust it however, most people recommend setting it just to 1

• Locked thread