Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Boyfriend Maker is the best dress-up game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Yes, excellent

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Spin me right round
like a girlgame, baby

That dollmaker game's great. :allears:

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:
What a great way to start page 24--by making me not ever fall asleep again ever.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

DWK posted:

Years ago there was a Lego dress-up thing that offered more choices than most of these "games". Wish I could find it now, that thing was awesome!

Presumably not this one, because it's awful. This one isn't much better, but it does have a bow!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Devious Vacuum posted:

Yes, excellent

Did you just make that one character from A Swiftly Tilting Planet? (or whichever of that series it was that had the kid with the spinning eyes)

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Midnight Voyager posted:

Did you just make that one character from A Swiftly Tilting Planet? (or whichever of that series it was that had the kid with the spinning eyes)

I have no idea, but now I need an explanation of this.

this fish flies
Dec 21, 2007

Don't Give Up The Ship

RoeCocoa posted:

When i saw this all I thought was "Why is there a Jay Leno dress up game?"

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

When I saw this, I was thinking: those glasses are too big for his eyes. Then I saw the eyes.

I no longer need coffee to keep awake.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

StoryTime posted:

After that, I had some really scary goggles attached to my skull, so that the lens could get close enough to inspect my retinas, or ocular pressure, or something.

I've had my ocular pressure measured tons of times. They put some local anaesthetic into your eye and then you rest your chin on this thing and they poke your eye with a round glowing stick. You can tell when it reaches your eye because it deforms it slightly and makes your vision go a bit weird.

dijon du jour posted:

This one starts out as many of them do; by making us rummage through the pantry. At least I think it’s the pantry? Either they’re keeping their milk and cheese in the pantry or their bananas in the fridge, and I’m not sure which possibility I find more offensive. :colbert:

What's wrong with keeping bananas in the fridge?

Kloro posted:

"Microwave oven" is what people over here would call a microwave if they were being formal, but it is just a name. And trying to bake a cake in a microwave would not go well at all.

You can totally make cakes in a microwave.

Kloro posted:

I forgot about those! Those are usually called combination microwaves though, aren't they? I can see why a translator would be confused.

Convection microwaves.

OwlFancier posted:

As a concern, if it's anything like every microwave oven I've ever seen, attempting to use the conventional element will make your food, kitchen, hair, and entire house smell and taste like burning plastic. Though that might be just because they're used so infrequently.

My parents had one until recently and I'm pretty sure they never had that problem.

Hokuto posted:

And I don't mean American chores where you can throw clothes in the dryer and cook up some Hamburger Helper; No, this is Japanese chores where you have to spend 2 hours prepping dinner (because instant mixes above the tier of cup ramen don't exist) and hang all of your laundry by hand because dryer hookups physically don't exist in houses or apartments.

What's a "dryer hookup"? And cooking food from fresh ingredients usually doesn't take anything like two hours of preparation.

Devious Vacuum posted:

:siren: SPEAKING OF HORRIFYING THINGS :siren:

with Midnight Voyager

OK, what was the thing where the clown dropped two strawberries into boiling orange liquid and then inhaled the steam?

Charkie posted:

Edit: The audio may cut off at the end? The sound is supposed to continue to play after the video ends because of magic. I'll try to fix it.

The video pauses and the time counter stops, but the audio keeps going. It's weird.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Tiggum posted:

What's wrong with keeping bananas in the fridge?

Singing bananas have never led me astray before and I don't expect them to do so any time soon. :colbert:

dijon du jour fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 12, 2014

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Devious Vacuum posted:

I have no idea, but now I need an explanation of this.

It MAY have been from A Wrinkle in Time, actually... There was a character who hypnotized one of the main characters, I think? And the sign that he was hypnotized was his eyes spinning or rotating.

That series of books kinda hosed me up as a kid. And A Wrinkle In Time was BEFORE the crazy got mindblowing in those. I'll never unread that one childbirth from Many Waters. Ever.

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.

These two also spoke sang the truth. And I never saw them in no fridge.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

So today in the coloring book corner, we have a phenomenon I have not touched on yet that shows up on these types of websites: Create Your Own Manga games. In these, they give you a scene, and you can dress up the characters and change their dialogue. There are a lot of these. Let's tell a story! Here's a good example from Rinmaru.

Here's mine:

It tells the story of evil anime chef Hatsune Miku, whose friend stole some mysterious Pocky out of her school bag, only to find out the deadly and zombifying consequences.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Officially finished my homework for the week, so my second stream will be on for later in the week. Friday Night at 9 PM-ish Eastern. I'll be playing at least one Totally Spies game, and I have a couple other ideas in mind.

Devious Vacuum posted:

Here's a good example from Rinmaru.

I have now spent 20 minutes playing around with this. It's wonderful.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Sorry but the best song with singing bananas is this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCIDWVWWI3o

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
A PSA about not reading the thread.

The minty-haired Akihito is upset by Hitoshi's failure to understand even the basics of fashion.
Hitoshi is crying because he's being choked.
Akihito is crying (but hiding his tears behind his glasses like a real man) because it's hurting him more than it's hurting Hitoshi.

The game. The music is really good in an awful way. I've been listening to it for 20 minutes.

chocolatekake fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 13, 2014

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

This is excellent. I have made several mangas about girl games to fit the next couple of updates.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

This one is done without word bubbles because I'm lazy because a picture's worth 1000 words.

Alice-chan likes Bob-kun, and just told him he was her boyfriend now. Bob-kun is gay though, and his boyfriend Chuck-sama, is annoyed at the whole thing.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Here is Devious Vacuum on her average workday.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Say what you will of the manga page creators, the options are amazing. Just look!

:japan:

edit: This thing's great!

tlarn fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 13, 2014

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

dijon du jour posted:

Here is Devious Vacuum on her average workday.

HOW did you KNOW

Best Friend Skull
Nov 25, 2013

by XyloJW

This thing is incredibly fun, just to make the characters have the strangest facial expressions possible.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

A few of these of these games have such washed-out skintones; on this one I only went to the second-lightest shade, and somehow I entered the grey zone. This particular game is also a bit odd with hair colors, as I set both of these girls to white hair.

But regardless of that, I had fun going in and building some quick and silly scenes. Even if this is all I have to show for it.

Awesomonster
Feb 26, 2008

Because there's always an ending.

RoeCocoa posted:

When you said Boyfriend Maker, I got my hopes up a little, thinking it'd be this app, which I love and am SHOCKED hasn't shown up in this thread yet (unless I completely missed it). Here is a tumblr with examples of why its the best girl game of all the girl games: http://boyfriendmaker.tumblr.com/ I will 100% play some of it and take screenshots for the thread as soon as I can.

That being said, I did enjoy this false Boyfriend Maker in the exactly correct way:

and then I realized you can adjust the features so I went back in:

DANGER!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

A preview of my hit new anime, the high-school comedy: Oh Serial~Killer-san, what will you get up to next!? My high-school life is a tabloid detective story and I blame my homeroom teacher!
(It turns out he isn't actually a serial killer, it's just a series of ~wacky misunderstandings~ combined with his incredibly creepy appearance!)

Edit:
Also,

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Feb 13, 2014

DWK
Sep 18, 2009
Why would they let you do this? Boyfriend maker? More like Nightmare maker.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Girl you like them plants?

Girl love scenes are the best to mess around with.

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
A grand drama ensues.

Kobuddy
May 11, 2013

I'm not quite sure where I was going with this.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

I just added all the dress-up participation where more than one person dressed up a doll to the OP! THERE ARE SO MANY IMAGES. Maybe I should put them somewhere else? I could dump all the dress-up images in the thread into an imgur album. Or is a super-long second post okay?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Devious Vacuum posted:

I just added all the dress-up participation where more than one person dressed up a doll to the OP! THERE ARE SO MANY IMAGES. Maybe I should put them somewhere else? I could dump all the dress-up images in the thread into an imgur album. Or is a super-long second post okay?
OK, looking at the OP, maybe an album would be best.

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 13, 2014

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Killrrhubarb posted:

Girl love scenes are the best to mess around with.

Bullying is a serious issue.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

http://www.rinmarugames.com/game/?game_id=365

What compelled me to make this horrible abomination in photoshop, I will never know.

Killrrhubarb
Feb 11, 2014

Girl you like them plants?
So I decided to look at Newgrounds for girl games, and I found favorite Motor Girl - The game where you kiss and give him a little something something while on a bike - and looked at the reviews:

...yeah

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

ShadowMar posted:

What compelled me to make this horrible abomination in photoshop, I will never know.

Sheer, visionary genius, that's what.

True love, captured in the moment.

I just love some of the terrified facial expressions you can create with these.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Huh, that pose looks very familiar...

:stare: DVAC YOU WERE THE GIRL GAMES ALL ALONG

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Devious Vacuum posted:

This is excellent. I have made several mangas about girl games to fit the next couple of updates.

We should have acted.
They're already here.
The manga pages told of their return.
Their defeat was merely delay
Til the time after the books opened,
When the sons of (glorious) Nippon would spill their own ink.
But no-one wanted to believe.
Believe they even existed.
And when the truth finally dawns:
It dawns in Girl Games.
But,
There's one they fear.
In their tongue, she is Diivackiin:
Vacuumborn!

"Diivackiin! Diivackiin! Nal ek zin los vahriin,
Wah dein (girl games) mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin vul (websites) graan fod nust hon vahdin zaan,
Diivackiin, fah hin LPs mu draal!"

(Vacuumborn! Vacuumborn! By her honor is sworn,
To keep girl games forever at bay!
And the dark websites rout when they hear maiden shout,
Vacuumborn, for your LPs we pray!)

...I don't know what inspired me to do this, but there it is.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm not quite sure these games passed my universal evaluation procedure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

dijon du jour posted:

Bullying is a serious issue.

It's Panzer and Kaubocks! I need to cross-post this in their thread.

ShadowMar posted:

This is beautiful and you are a flawless human being

The_White_Crane posted:

True love, captured in the moment.

I just love some of the terrified facial expressions you can create with these.

yaoi.jpg

azren posted:

We should have acted.
They're already here.
The manga pages told of their return.
Their defeat was merely delay
Til the time after the books opened,
When the sons of (glorious) Nippon would spill their own ink.
But no-one wanted to believe.
Believe they even existed.
And when the truth finally dawns:
It dawns in Girl Games.
But,
There's one they fear.
In their tongue, she is Diivackiin:
Vacuumborn!

"Diivackiin! Diivackiin! Nal ek zin los vahriin,
Wah dein (girl games) mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
Ahrk fin vul (websites) graan fod nust hon vahdin zaan,
Diivackiin, fah hin LPs mu draal!"

(Vacuumborn! Vacuumborn! By her honor is sworn,
To keep girl games forever at bay!
And the dark websites rout when they hear maiden shout,
Vacuumborn, for your LPs we pray!)

...I don't know what inspired me to do this, but there it is.

:aaaaa:

Devious Vacuum fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 13, 2014

• Locked thread