Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

It's a bit too late to make any more gifs (especially as there are about a million from Naito/Ishii I want to make) so if you want anything from the second half of the Osaka show, let me know and I'll get to them sometime in the next day or so.

Requesting that moment in Okada/Goto where Okada hits a move, and the camera pans over to Gedo grinning and clapping like a proud mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Thauros posted:

Courtesy of Senor LARIATO

Never change, Japan, never change :stare: .

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress it, I need to watch Ishii/Naito again anyway.

NJPW: The New Beginning in Osaka

Kazushi Sakuraba & Yuji Nagata vs. Daniel Gracie & Rolles Gracie

Those were the only good parts of this dreadful "match", though the crowd tried their best to make it work.

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. CHAOS (Shinsuke Nakamura & Yujiro Takahashi)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kota Ibushi (c) vs. El Desperado - IWGP JR. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tetsuya Naito (c) vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NEVER OPENWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Definitely the match of the night, quite possibly the match of the year. Watch this match, the gifs don't even scratch the surface.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 12, 2014

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

If people are still doing RAW gifs I feel two important ones have been missed.

Cesaro AAARRRGGGHHH'ing into the camera.

And Ambrose's reaction to Henry coming out.

Thanks to Wrasslor and Jerusalem already though for being awesome with gifs :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hirooki Goto - IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - also a dinosaur

Look at how calmly that guy accepts the sword from Okada, like it's perfectly natural. I love pro-wrestling.

That's all, Jesus Christ I uploaded so much that imgur decided I was a robot and wouldn't let me upload anymore, and I had to switch to Tinypic. I guess this was a pretty good show :stare:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 12, 2014

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

please gif naito's giant german suplex on ishii please

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Best dropkick in history.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Seriously, Okada's dropkick is a loving work of art. He has to have just practiced that over and over until he could do it instinctively.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
Okada's entrance is truly amazing and silly and everything I love about pro wrestling

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
does someone have a copy of that JBL and Hornswaggle .gif?

You know the one.

a Gif thread wouldn't feel right without having it in there for easy access whenever we really start hating JBL and can look back on happier times.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

From Wrestlemania 24

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Gifs 2/10/14

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Raw Gifs 2/10/14

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

golden oldies pete posted:

please gif naito's giant german suplex on ishii please

Added it in to the appropriate former post as well.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Raw Gifs 2/10/14

It's just as great as I remembered. :allears: Sheamus's eye bulge right before the impact makes this.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

quote:

As a non-wrasslemans watcher, who is this? That's pretty sweet.

And did they give Cena the belt again? (I feel like I already know the answer to this.)

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Nikki Bella doing a move to Aksana; no.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
I really hope this is already in the process of going through the WrasslorMonkey filter.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

panorama_change posted:

I really hope this is already in the process of going through the WrasslorMonkey filter.

Already done:

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Orgophlax posted:

Already done:

While that is awesome, I feel like the last one needs to be even more epic. They're all great though.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Orgophlax posted:

Already done:

I just now realized that Raw has red background lights for the crowds, and Smackdown has blue background lights. I never really noticed the difference before.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

quote:

It's like a STO version of Ron Simmon's spinebuster. That's actually pretty neat!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

PunkBoy posted:

It's like a STO version of Ron Simmon's spinebuster. That's actually pretty neat!

Nikki has actually shown some improvement in the ring, her match against AJ on the last Smackdown has some pretty neat "power" moments too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Jerusalem posted:

Nikki has actually shown some improvement in the ring, her match against AJ on the last Smackdown has some pretty neat "power" moments too.

It's almost like... they're developing distinct ringstyles? This is wrinkling my brain :stare:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
More ye olde raw gifs:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

404GoonNotFound posted:

It's almost like... they're developing distinct ringstyles? This is wrinkling my brain :stare:

They're becoming diva versions of their boyfriends.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Peanut President posted:

More ye olde raw gifs:

Is that Stunner unusually stiff or is Mero bumping wrong? :ohdear:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JPrime posted:

Is that Stunner unusually stiff or is Mero bumping wrong? :ohdear:

I think he's just selling well. This wasn't long into Austin using the move, so putting it over like death is a good idea.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Peanut President posted:

More ye olde raw gifs:

Jesus Christ Mark Mero was terrible. I remember when he debuted and I was like 7 years old or whatever and everyone loved him except me and one of my friends. Even at that age I knew HHH, despite being the heel, was a way better wrestler and is the guy that people should have been cheering for, there.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

I think he's just selling well. This wasn't long into Austin using the move, so putting it over like death is a good idea.

He's also picking him up from an already-downed position, so he shouldn't be flopping around the way dudes take it now when he comes as more of a surprise.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Mero mediocrity aside: Early on Austin took a little more time to set up his stunner so it looked like it started from an actual headlock of some sort. It looked notably different a couple years later, when the signature kick-to-the-groin swung into the Stunner in one smooth - and very quick - motion.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
also he held the head with both hands the entire way down when he was doing the stunner as the ringmaster/early SCSA`

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Could someone post the gif of The Rock selling the stunner with like, an Olympic-level gymnast routine.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Could someone post the gif of The Rock selling the stunner with like, an Olympic-level gymnast routine.

the rock could sell finishers like no one else. my personal favorite was when hogan leg-dropped him and there may as well have been a mushroom cloud. it was the only time i ever remember that move looking impactful.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Haha Meltzer talks about this dropkick for like a full 90 seconds on the newest show.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

freud mayweather posted:

the rock could sell finishers like no one else. my personal favorite was when hogan leg-dropped him and there may as well have been a mushroom cloud. it was the only time i ever remember that move looking impactful.

My favorite was when he'd take piledrivers, because he'd bounce about two feet into the air, apparently by sheer force of will.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

epitasis posted:

Haha Meltzer talks about this dropkick for like a full 90 seconds on the newest show.

One thing Bob Holly always did exceedingly well was a standing dropkick (they even tried it out as his finisher breifly), it's nice to see somebody with the same incredible form but with ability, drawing power and charisma.

fatherdog posted:

My favorite was when he'd take piledrivers, because he'd bounce about two feet into the air, apparently by sheer force of will.

RVD once bounced a good 3 feet in the air off of a Tommy Dreamer piledriver. It was glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

El Gallinero Gros posted:

RVD once bounced a good 3 feet in the air off of a Tommy Dreamer piledriver. It was glorious.

I remember seeing a shoot with Tommy Dreamer, and they asked him about that piledriver.

Tommy suggested it was because RVD hid springs in his hair or something.