Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThugElectro
Jan 16, 2014

NUDIST BEACH
Rejuvenation Alert, PC, Hall, Phobos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Devour or Fire posted:

I really like the Phage because the complete lack of feedback you get from shooting somebody with it besides the numbers peeling off until they die lets me pretend it's a tickle beam, also it works really well with Antimatter Drop. What would be a good 8th mod for if after point blank, multishot, blaze, and four elements?
You could throw an Accelerated Blast in there. :black101:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Synastren posted:

It would just mean no reloading. :shrug:
For guns with low firing uptimes (e.g. Karak, Wraith Twin Vipers, Akstiletto, etc.) you'd end up with effectively 60% to 300% more DPS because of not needing to reload. Wraith Twin Vipers modded for attack speed have a 33% uptime or so, the Karak and Akstiletto are around 60% uptime without speed mods. Lots of guns are balanced around small clip sizes.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Never stop firing vipers with ammo mutation and carrier vacuum.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Poniard posted:

Never stop firing vipers with ammo mutation and carrier vacuum.

Don't forget your piercing mods kids! Cover? What cover? ADS? :lol:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Yay! Got a Shield Flux. Now to put a nearly maxed redirection card on my Rhino and never stop sprinting :3:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Question: If I use a shotgun, and I put a shotgun ammo mutation on my Carrier's Sweeper, do I get mutation for the ammo that it scoops?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Synastren posted:

It would just mean no reloading. :shrug:

Use the tigris or vectis for awhile and think about how absolutely game breaking that would be.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

ullerrm posted:

Question: If I use a shotgun, and I put a shotgun ammo mutation on my Carrier's Sweeper, do I get mutation for the ammo that it scoops?

I believe you have to have the mutation on your own weapon. But I haven't tested it.

ThugElectro
Jan 16, 2014

NUDIST BEACH

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Yay! Got a Shield Flux. Now to put a nearly maxed redirection card on my Rhino and never stop sprinting :3:

Isn't that Transmutation only? How in the name of god did you manage to get that? Just spam everything you got and hoped you had enough space credits to make it out alive?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Use the tigris or vectis for awhile and think about how absolutely game breaking that would be.

That would be fun. I want it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are shield fluxes in high demand? I got one through transmuting 4 rare mods and was like "oh this is cool I guess."

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

ullerrm posted:

Ammo mutation would work as long as that weapon is active, if you switch to your sidearm it will stop mutating the ammo for your shotgun. This does apply for everything Carrier scoops up too.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Reacean posted:

Ammo mutation would work as long as that weapon is active, if you switch to your sidearm it will stop mutating the ammo for your shotgun. This does apply for everything Carrier scoops up too.

He's asking if the mutation works on the Sweeper, so he wouldn't have to take up a slot on his weapon. The answer is no, Mutation mods only benefit you on weapons for your warframe, and not sentinels.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

seiferguy posted:

Are shield fluxes in high demand? I got one through transmuting 4 rare mods and was like "oh this is cool I guess."

The idea is neat, but D. Zorens make sprinting irrelevant and a Volt in the party makes your stamina cap almost as pointless, so the only use I can see for this mod is wallrun chains or blocking. Blocking may well be a big thing in Melee 2.0, so I'd hold on to the mod for now.

e: as a new player, my deal was Loki with as much running as possible, and this mod could still be useful for people just grinding out star map missions (hence the common designation).

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 12, 2014

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Well, that took a while

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So do clan rankings matter for anything?

Apparently the 4chan clan warbros is collapsing on itself due to drama and their leader got banned.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ajax posted:

Well, that took a while

Hey man that's awesome, it must be nice to play survival with you.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Anyone having issues inviting friends to missions? Talking to them on skype and we can't see any of each others invites BUT we do keep getting invites from random pubbies.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Alteisen posted:

So do clan rankings matter for anything?

Apparently the 4chan clan warbros is collapsing on itself due to drama and their leader got banned.

They change what you can do to the clan, other than that, nothing.

Tell me more of 4chan drama. Why did their leader get banned?

Cainer posted:

Anyone having issues inviting friends to missions? Talking to them on skype and we can't see any of each others invites BUT we do keep getting invites from random pubbies.

DE just hosed matchmaking, you can only run Solo right now.

edit: Matchmaking is working again!

Denzine fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 13, 2014

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Ajax posted:

Well, that took a while

Nekros

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Yay my account is back. Here is what they said.

"Our system has detected instances of abnormal results and/or activity on this account. As such, the account was automatically banned. Upon manual review of your account activity, there is some uncertainty as to why the ban was triggered. Typically, bans are triggered due to attempts to manipulate the game or player account, but there is a chance in this case that it is caused by a hardware error."

Which doesn't really make me feel much better seeing as how, from my perspective it was just a normal day playing Warframe and I have no idea what happened in the first place.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

VocalizePlayerDeath posted:

Yay my account is back. Here is what they said.

"Our system has detected instances of abnormal results and/or activity on this account. As such, the account was automatically banned. Upon manual review of your account activity, there is some uncertainty as to why the ban was triggered. Typically, bans are triggered due to attempts to manipulate the game or player account, but there is a chance in this case that it is caused by a hardware error."

Which doesn't really make me feel much better seeing as how, from my perspective it was just a normal day playing Warframe and I have no idea what happened in the first place.

Do you use any overclocking programs? Those often trigger automated systems in a lot of games.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Took Shield Flux for a spin. When I ran out of stamina, shields were drained as expected. However when I stop consuming stamina the shields do not regenerate. So if I sprinted until they drop down to say 930, they don't go above 930 again.

Bug or working as intended? If intended, then gently caress that retarded poo poo.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I'm taking my freshly baked Rhino out for a spin.

It's so slow :(

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

YeehawMcKickass posted:

My Frost Prime :qq:

Actually it feels faster because I just upgraded the CPU/mobo/RAM and it turns out I was CPU bottlenecked. This game is now a solid 75fps which is evidently what my monitor wants to refresh at.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

Kaldaris posted:

Do you use any overclocking programs? Those often trigger automated systems in a lot of games.

None at all.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Get a Vanguard helmet. Be one of the fastest frames.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Is there any reason to keep duplicate blueprints? Or should I cash out my extra oberon helmets and what not?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

No it's safe to sell them for money.

Sometimes you want more than one of an actual part though, like Fang Prime takes 2 blades and 2 handles which I didn't realize until after I had sold all my extras.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Karnegal posted:

Is there any reason to keep duplicate blueprints? Or should I cash out my extra oberon helmets and what not?

Do it, it's highly unlikely that DE will make blueprints or complete components trade-able, and your foundry will feel so much nicer.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Karnegal posted:

I keep a few spares held back against the slim possibility of limited blueprint/part trading, but if you're less confident about that then just go ahead and liquidate that stuff to fund your fusions.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress yes, lever-action Grineer gun getting patched in right now.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Inspector_666 posted:

gently caress yes, lever-action Grineer gun getting patched in right now.

Two minutes later: "Oh that thing looks like poo poo"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ice Fist posted:

Two minutes later: "Oh that thing looks like poo poo"

Also the blueprint isn't in the shop so I'm totally over it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Haha, christ, if you have a Zephyr, to to your Appearance tab. There's a new button there.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178607-update-1210-grinlock/

Update 12.1.0: Grinlok

Additions:

Tenno Reinforcment: The Grinlok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A3OJ0ZfSkA

STATS:
impact:60 | puncture:12 | slash:47 | accuracy:28.6 | fire rate:2.5
critical:2/15 | status:35 | magazine:6 | reload:2.1 | trigger:SEMI-AUTO
:siren:Clantech, 3 days left:siren:

Warframe and Zephyr honor Flappy Bird's removal from the gaming world. How? There are two ways...
One, Zephyr owners should explore their Arsenal...
Two, those that don't own Zephyr should think about a bird-like-word to log in to Warframe... no "@" required.

- Added popup notification that the clan invite you sent was successful, since before there was very little feedback on the Clan tab (just the subtle change in pending count if pending list is collapsed), and no real feedback if you sent clan invite from Friends tab.

Changes:

HUD changes:
- Added HUD/UI tab to Settings menu.
- Added a "Show Ability Dots" option to Settings.
- Fixed issues with HUD elements and scaling (reload timer, sniper reticules).
- Survival objective markers now have a new icon.
- Interception game mode has colourized icons on minimap depending on faction possession.

- Reverted all holster changes back to original positions prior to Update 12 until we can better execute on the intended changes.
- Changed the description on the polarization screen to be more clear about how polarization works.
- Now giving XP for capturing, neutralizing and dominating in Interception

Fixes:

- Fixed nightmare-mode rewards on Interception Missions.
- Fixed Ranked Mods not being tradeable .
- Fixed a situation where it was possible for a Nekros-Summoned-Ally to squad up with enemy ai and take points in Interception.
- Fixed Nova’s Wormhole having infinite range. It was in the 5000 meter range due to a bug, and is not again 50 m by default but can be upgraded with range mods still.
- Fixed Heavy Impact effect only playing once.
- Fixed Banshee’s Sonar not showing enemies on clients.
- Fixed issue where keys were not being used in inventories if host leaves or election occurs.
- Fixed Vauban’s Tesla’s not being destroyed in between Conclave matches.
- Fixed accepting a trade while on a contribution screen causing screen overlapping.
- Fixed subtle tint colour mismatch with Ember Prime.
- Fixed issue where dying and reviving at a certain time would cause the Harvester to ignore you.

Missing Mod Script:

The script to remedy missing mods in the past week is about to be deployed, and it involves some amendment of inventory issues overall. Read on if you were affected by this (there were 2112 cases).

The script is going to give players any mods they were entitled to from a mission, trade, or transmutation.

However, the ‘not being able to received mod’ issue also allowed players to overfuse/sell mods for credits without the mods actually disappearing from their inventory. The script has a rollback for any accounts that overfused or sold mods, with the conditions listed out below.

TERMINOLOGY:
* Raw Mod: an unranked mod that stacks with other unranked mods
* Cooked Mod: a mod that does not stack with unranked mods

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE ROLLBACK A TRANSACTION:
Selling: credits are removed, raw and cooked mods are returned to you
Fusion: credits are refunded, raw and cooked mods are returned to you. Upgrade level is reverted.
Transmutation: credits are refunded, raw mods returned.
Trading: credits are refunded, platinum reverted, keys reverted, raw and cooked mods reverted. (i.e. if you gave away mods, you get them back. If you received mods, you lose them). Your trading partner is unaffected.

CONDITIONS FOR TRIGGERING A ROLLBACK:
1 if you acquired credits by selling raw mods you did not actually have, sale is rolled back.
2 if you consumed raw mods you did not have in order to create a new cooked mod via fusion, the cooked mod is marked "illegally acquired". Fusion is rolled back.
3 if you traded away raw mods you did not have, any cooked mods recieved in the trade are marked as "illegally acquired". Trade is rolled back.
4 if you acquired credits by selling cooked mods that were marked "illegally acquired", sale is rolled back.
5 if you consumed raw mods you did not have as part of a transmutation, transmutation is rolled back.
6 if you traded away a cooked mod marked "illegally acquired", any cooked mods recieved in the trade are also marked as illegally acquired. Trade is rolled back.
7 if you consumed raw mods you did not have to perform fusion to increase the level of a cooked mod, the cooked mod is marked "illegally upgraded". Fusion is rolled back.
8 if you consumed a cooked mod marked as illegally acquired to perform fusion on a cooked mod, the mod is marked as illegally upgraded. Fusion is rolled back.
9 if you performed fusion to increase the level of a cooked mod marked as "illegally upgraded" or "illegally acquired", fusion is rolled back.
10 if you consumed a cooked mod marked as illegally acquired to create a new cooked mod, the mod is marked as illegally acquired. Fusion is rolled back.

In the case that you've already spent your ill-gotten platinum or credits, we are setting you to zero credits or platinum (instead of letting you go negative).

edit: added Grinlock video and stats and the fact that it's clantech.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Feb 13, 2014

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.

quote:

Two, those that don't own Zephyr should think about a bird-like-word to log in to Warframe... no "@" required.

What's the deal with this?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Yep, logging in with username flappy and password bird lets you play flappy zephyr. Amazing!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Capntastic posted:

Yep, logging in with username flappy and password bird lets you play flappy zephyr. Amazing!

If you have a Zephyr, there's a Z under your Appearance options that takes you to the game, as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

What. I was really hopeful for this and it's textured in baby food camo.