Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot_Rumpus
Apr 4, 2004

OctoberBlues posted:

I wonder if the son actually said "Turds"? Do people actually say that out loud? People older than 7 I mean?

Go to the Miami Hurricanes boards that I do and people think it's high intellectual comedy to say GayTurds. These are adult men.

Also, that guy doesn't even have a son.

Robot_Rumpus fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Robert St. Thomas posted:

It's 2014 and people- and God- have not changed- contrary to public opinion. Heterophobes have been accepted and have lived in peace with normal people from the beginning. It worked because the heterophobes kept their business to themselves. It was a firm of courtesy and consideration, based in wisdom, that kept the peace. Now folks have this "reality show mentality" that they can say and act any kind of way and it will be accepted. To be fair, [I don't want to] hear about some guy sodomizing his wife or girl friend. If she's allowing him to sodimiz her, I don't want to hear about it-, especially if its my neice or sister. Certain things will never be accepted. Most take the attitude about a tree that falls in a forest; yes it makes a noise, but if they are not made aware that it fell...there was no sound.

Found in the comments at http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10442283/terrell-thomas-new-york-giants-says-nfl-not-ready-gay-player. Okay then

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Gay and heterophobe are synonymous?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I agree with him that I just don't want to hear it. I literally do not care. Also I refuse to accept things like people that think they're a dragon or something, so I sort of agree there too.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Oh great now we've got a dracophobe adding on to the bigotry

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Sash! posted:

I agree with him that I just don't want to hear it. I literally do not care.

Penn State fan is not interested in hearing reports about sodomy

Is there an echo in here?

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Chichevache posted:

Gay and heterophobe are synonymous?

I have this mental image of that person and he painstakingly uses that word instead of "gay" and then explains in great detail what he means every time someone looks uncomfortable.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Penn State fan is not interested in hearing reports about sodomy

Is there an echo in here?

Rack 'em

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
I'm a heterophobe. I'm a honkeyphobe too. gently caress the normies.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I'm a heterophobe. I'm a honkeyphobe too. gently caress the normies.

A non - white gay goon? False.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

I'm just gonna come clean and admit it: I'm a selachophobe. Also the Discovery channel is pretty much the worst

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Michael Sam owns for bringing hilariously bigoted people like this out of the woodwork. It has to be just awful to live in constant fear of blowjobs ("sodimy") and different opinions.

Rasczak posted:

I'm just gonna come clean and admit it: I'm a selachophobe.
:mad:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
THE HETEROPHOBIA AND ANTIZIGANISM ON THIS FORUM DISGUSTS ME

"Sodimiz" sounds like the name of a relief pitcher. "Now taking the mound, #14, Tomás Sodimiz."

lol "pitcher"

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Arschlochkind posted:

THE HETEROPHOBIA AND ANTIZIGANISM ON THIS FORUM DISGUSTS ME

"Sodimiz" sounds like the name of a relief pitcher. "Now taking the mound, #14, Tomás Sodimiz."

lol "pitcher"

Actually, I'm pretty sure he played goalie for the Thrashers at some point.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

quote:

If Miami truly is your "dream school" then you know it already. When you were playing street ball you amagined yourself as one of the "Great Canes" and hell probably still do. Here are just a few reasons why you should go ahead and commit sooner than later. One of the biggest reasons is why delay the inevitable? Commit early so you can go ahead and recruit other kids to your "dream school". The best want to play with the best or at least thats what i thought. Here's an opportunity to truly put your stamp on the program. Forget being selfish and waiting till signing day. If you really want to prove you are a team player then you know what you need to do. Another reason to commit sooner than later is because the recruiting process is very taxing. I have never gone through the process "first hand" but as a fan, I have a front row seat to the madness that is called recruiting. You may think you want the limelight, but personally as an outsider looking in, it looks overated. Another reason is to put on for your city. Not everyone has an opportunity to not only get a ""Miami education", but even fewer have an opportunity to play in front of friends and family. There are just a few reasons. Does anyone want to add to the list? TILL I DIE #stacked2015class

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I was just about to bring that over. It might be just me but the term hetrophobe just seems like such a disgusting word.

Edit: Realised what I originally typed may not have been a good idea so I edited it.

Hunt11 fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 13, 2014

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
So am I a heterophobe if I'm not gay but I think straight men are disgusting and terrible

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am starting to not like the term homophobe, basically because phobia means fear. People who are homophobes aren't scared of gay people, they actively hate them. I know this is a minor thing, with a very small sample size but I had a friend who was truly homophobic, as in scared of gay people. He had an out gay uncle that physically (not sexually) abused him and as children are to do, associated gay people with people who were going to beat him. He had homophobia in the truest sense. Maybe because I am in the medical field its more sensitive to me, but I just think sometimes people hide behind the label homophobia when really the title should be whatever greek/latin terms mean "I hate gay people".

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

swickles posted:

I am starting to not like the term homophobe, basically because phobia means fear. People who are homophobes aren't scared of gay people, they actively hate them. I know this is a minor thing, with a very small sample size but I had a friend who was truly homophobic, as in scared of gay people. He had an out gay uncle that physically (not sexually) abused him and as children are to do, associated gay people with people who were going to beat him. He had homophobia in the truest sense. Maybe because I am in the medical field its more sensitive to me, but I just think sometimes people hide behind the label homophobia when really the title should be whatever greek/latin terms mean "I hate gay people".

You gotta source your quotes for the thread

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

swickles posted:

What's "fear of improper labeling" called?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Social Justice Warrior? :v:

swickles: you could look at it as "fear of change caused by gay people" ("gay marriage will destroy America", etc.), I guess.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 14, 2014

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

swickles posted:

I think hatred of gay people is often based on irrational fears, cf. former negrophobia for example. Gay/black men (in both cases it's often the men that draw the strongest reactions) are sexually hyperactive and will corrupt our children/white women, will assault me sexually/physically at slightest provocation, cause society to change in ways that are uncomfortable for me, etc. In any case, in the end it's just semantics, and etymology has little authority over usage. I guess you could call it something like sexualism if you really wanted to explain it every time you use it.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Rap posted:

So am I a heterophobe if I'm not gay but I think straight men are disgusting and terrible

No, you'd just be labeled "correct"

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

quote:

"People can call me crazy, and it's not cockiness (but), I'm going to put myself in (position) to win the Super Bowl every single year. A 5-10 guy (Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson) just won the Super Bowl in his second year in the NFL," he said. "That's unreal. I want to be the first rookie to win the Super Bowl."

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl."

» Manziel's preparation for the combine includes film study with Kevin O'Connell, who was a New England Patriots backup quarterback when Texans coach Bill O'Brien was an assistant there under Bill Belichick. O'Connell is helping Manziel learn O'Brien's likes and dislikes about offensive football, and he can't wait to talk to O'Brien about it next week in Indianapolis.

I like that last part the most. You have to swing for the fences with this #1 pick and go with the guy with the highest upside. Trust the game film and trust his competition. The guy is a playmaker. Something our storied quarterback history has never had. Look at the throws that he makes.

Havent texan fans had enough of the prototypical QBs?

Remember the most important criteria for quarterback greatness we talked about?

Does he have a great name?

-It cant get any better than Johnny football.

Is he good looking enough?

-If he is good looking, he is confident. If he is confident he gets the girl hence guys want to follow him. Cant you just feel his confidence when you read his quotes even about going to cleveland?

That's the type of swagger Manziel comes with and its infectious in the locker room. Complete opposite of Schaub's muted catatonic magnificence.

This is who Johnny Football comes homes to:

Check mate.

You think teddy bridgewater and his crossdressing self can pull that?

Draft the spectacular player who knows how to score (remember that problem we had with scoring??????) and lets win some games and look good doing it.

quote:

seriously, who do you want to follow?

a guy who does this:

or a guy who does this:

Dont say i didnt warn you about the cross dresser.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I too prefer to choose my quarterbacks based off who they're loving.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So Mark Sanchez is the best quarterback in the NFL according to that guy. Also people who live vicariously through celebrities' sex lives are really creepy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

all those posts taught me was that teddy bridgewater owns more than I thought he did

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

So Mark Sanchez is the best quarterback in the NFL according to that guy. Also people who live vicariously through celebrities' sex lives are really creepy.

It turns out he was the best quarterback for a few months in 2011 assuming you don't think about it too hard or watch any game tape

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

quote:

That's the type of swagger Manziel comes with and its infectious in the locker room. Complete opposite of Schaub's muted catatonic magnificence.

eli manning won two super bowls with the latter

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Poonerman posted:

I too prefer to choose my quarterbacks based off who they're loving.

I'd almost bet that he's somehow also simultaneously a Tebow fan.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
This is the same guy that I posted earlier talking about the "prototypical quarterback". I'm looking forward to more long winded insane rants about Manziel throughout the draft process.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Poonerman posted:

eli manning won two super bowls with the latter

His argument is dumb, but "muted catatonic magnificence" is a phrase I'm looking forward to stealing.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Anals of History posted:

His argument is dumb, but "muted catatonic magnificence" is a phrase I'm looking forward to stealing.

Yeah if I were a Texans fan, I would have that phrase and SchaubEyeballsPopping.gif as my AV.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I don't believe Manziel actually goes home to anyone, you know, as a point of pure fact.

Unless his front door is a portal to 1953 and his housewife is inside it.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
A portal to the 50s would explain all that confidence in an unimpressive white male.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
To reiterate, he's saying Johnny Football is good looking? Like, if you want to call him a great quarterback for all his bullshit plays then so be it, I disagree, but whatever. But to say that half-gremlin looking motherfucker is good looking is just inexplicable.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

Thaddius the Large posted:

To reiterate, he's saying Johnny Football is good looking? Like, if you want to call him a great quarterback for all his bullshit plays then so be it, I disagree, but whatever. But to say that half-gremlin looking motherfucker is good looking is just inexplicable.

Well, he's around 1.25 Schaubs, who is the baseline for replacement-level

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Thaddius the Large posted:

Johnny Manziel looks like a white Colin Kaepernick. Kap is also an ugly mofo.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Serisothikos posted:

Well, he's around 1.25 Schaubs, who is the baseline for replacement-level

The preferred metric for QB pussy slaying power is DTFs

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chichevache posted:

Johnny Manziel looks like a white Colin Kaepernick. Kap is also an ugly mofo.

Kaep looks like an enchanted forest creature who leaps from dew kissed flower petal to flower petal giving good dreams to virtuous children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Bringing up JFF's girlfriend doesn't seem wise because he seems like he'd be bad at sex. I'm reminded of bloach's critique of the Tiger sexts

• Locked thread