Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

My Brand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

"Swipe file" from Funnybook Babylon

source

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What?

And a contribution from an unknown source. As usual.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
So, I'd just like to thank whoever posted those Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye panels. They made me pick the only trade at the library, and now my reading list is up to two. Thank you!

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Had to browse this thread so I didn't post any repeats. Thought you guys could go with some Herbie Popnecker, The Fat Fury. (Forbidden Worlds #114)

Also there was some talk earlier about Larry Hama's GI Joe run, and thought you might like a better example of Cobra town life from #49:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Gavok posted:

When Johns finished his Green Lantern run, they changed all the creative teams on all the Lantern books. So they put Charles Soule (the guy who turned around Thunderbolts since Way left) on Red Lanterns. Hal Jordan, afraid that the Reds were up to something, asked Guy to go undercover, since he wore the red ring a while back. Worst comes to worst, they can always cure him via the Blue Lanterns like last time. Guy joined the Reds, where he immediately exiled Atrocitus and Dex-Star and took over. All the Blue Lanterns except Saint Walker (who is currently without hope) got killed, so Guy got all pissed at Hal and came clean to the rest of the Reds because gently caress the Green Lantern Corps. Besides, he found the Red Lanterns to be a pretty cool bunch of guys when they weren't following Atrocitus' orders.

Since then, the team has gone from Atrocitus' angsty space Punishers to Guy Gardner's hilarious space Wolverines. The team is far more likeable than any of the other Lantern teams flying around these days and it's easily one of the best books DC's doing right now.

He started sporting the Lemmy 'stache in the issue before this.

That sounds awesome but how to you banish the kitty? :catstare:

Gavok posted:

Red Lanterns #21.

I'll have to check it out.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Trast posted:

By creating a squirt bottle construct?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Trast posted:

Guy took Atrocitus' ring and Dex-Starr made off with his body.

EDIT: Speaking of Red Lanterns.

Red Lanterns #27

Veotax fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 12, 2014

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Gavok posted:

When Johns finished his Green Lantern run, they changed all the creative teams on all the Lantern books. So they put Charles Soule (the guy who turned around Thunderbolts since Way left) on Red Lanterns. Hal Jordan, afraid that the Reds were up to something, asked Guy to go undercover, since he wore the red ring a while back. Worst comes to worst, they can always cure him via the Blue Lanterns like last time. Guy joined the Reds, where he immediately exiled Atrocitus and Dex-Star and took over. All the Blue Lanterns except Saint Walker (who is currently without hope) got killed, so Guy got all pissed at Hal and came clean to the rest of the Reds because gently caress the Green Lantern Corps. Besides, he found the Red Lanterns to be a pretty cool bunch of guys when they weren't following Atrocitus' orders.

Since then, the team has gone from Atrocitus' angsty space Punishers to Guy Gardner's hilarious space Wolverines. The team is far more likeable than any of the other Lantern teams flying around these days and it's easily one of the best books DC's doing right now.

He started sporting the Lemmy 'stache in the issue before this.

Due to the Badass Panels thread, I'm becoming more interested in Green Lantern/Lantern Corps, etc. Anyone offer some good issues or collections to jump into? Preferably post-Gardner Green (Gardner Red sounds fun, though)

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

10 Beers posted:

Due to the Badass Panels thread, I'm becoming more interested in Green Lantern/Lantern Corps, etc. Anyone offer some good issues or collections to jump into? Preferably post-Gardner Green (Gardner Red sounds fun, though)

I saw a recommendation to start at Red Lanterns #21 somewhere.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Veotax posted:

Red Lanterns #27

I really like this new direction for Guy and the Red Lanterns. They're so much more interesting when they're not slavering idiots.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

It's a shame Guy doesn't still have that sweet leather jacket he had during Blackest Night when he got the red ring.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
His Red Lantern uniform has a kind of psuedojacket top. I agree that it's not a great replacement.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
The wonders of corporate law in the Marvel U:

(She-Hulk #1)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

"Once Mr. Stark ceased being dead" like it's the most regular thing in the world.
:allears: Comics.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Vincent posted:

"Once Mr. Stark ceased being dead" like it's the most regular thing in the world.
:allears: Comics.

Was that Teen Tony or post Heroes Reborn?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FoneBone posted:

The wonders of corporate law in the Marvel U:

(She-Hulk #1)

His name is "James Rhodes". "Rhodey" is his nickname. :colbert:

bobkatt013 posted:

Was that Teen Tony or post Heroes Reborn?

Stark-Fujikawa was post-Heroes Reborn. (I don't know if it existed beforehand, but it definitely did afterwards.)

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

prefect posted:

Stark-Fujikawa was post-Heroes Reborn. (I don't know if it existed beforehand, but it definitely did afterwards.)

Which means it was after the 2099 universe, right? I appreciate them trying to make sure the companies around in 2099 start showing up.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

prefect posted:

Legally changed for tax reasons? :pseudo:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Veotax posted:

Guy took Atrocitus' ring and Dex-Starr made off with his body.

EDIT: Speaking of Red Lanterns.

Red Lanterns #27

Red Lanterns Gambit, MODOK and Beta Ray Bill.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

THANK YOU I knew there was something achingly familiar about all those pages.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

Cangelosi posted:

Had to browse this thread so I didn't post any repeats. Thought you guys could go with some Herbie Popnecker, The Fat Fury. (Forbidden Worlds #114)

Herbie comics are the best comics. My Herbie collections hold a place of honor on my shelf and in my heart.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Veotax posted:

Red Lanterns #27

Is there a page missing between these two pages? What's the question he was dying to get answered?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

FredMSloniker posted:

Is there a page missing between these two pages? What's the question he was dying to get answered?

No, nothing missing, he asks the question later on to Shadow Thief before their fight. The question is "What is a testicle?" , presumably because either Guy or Rankorr (the other human Red Lantern) called him one in the past.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Cangelosi posted:

So this is what Fat Pony was based on

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

I saw a recommendation to start at Red Lanterns #21 somewhere.

Yeah, I'm getting Red Lanterns. Any ideas for GL?

Wizbang
Jan 13, 2005

"Y...you...oh...okay. I'll...
I'll be here if you change your mind...
we can be space cowboys together later...

Cangelosi posted:

Wow, I haven't seen Herbie for ages. Like, elementary school. Thanks for that.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

"Okay Joes, new SOP for missions taking place in Cobra Town. All children are to be considered armed and hostile. If they so much as look at you funny, waste those little shits."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Teen Titans Go!, much like the show it's based on, is a very cute and funny book. #4 takes a few hearty jabs at the New 52. It starts when Robin gets frozen by Captain Cold...

(I like the fact that Captain Cold is so unsuccessful he only just realized he could actually freeze people). Anyway, the Titans all start coming up with ways to get Robin out of the ice block. Here's Beast Boy's:

Starfire gets him out of the ice though.

Later on though, Robin gets a cold and Beast Boy gets sent in (as an amoeba) to fight the virus. Robin winds up with a broken arm though when BB accidentally transforms into an animal while inside Robin (this does not kill him because it is a cartoon okay). While he's still knocked out though, the plan comes back into play:

I like that they gave Roy his stupid New 52 trucker hat.

e:VVV Huh. It's working on my end. I guess I'll reupload it to imgur and see if it works this time.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 13, 2014

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Your first image isn't loading TwoPair.

I really like that they bothered to dress him up in his New 52 Nightwing uniform. I mean yeah it's obvious given the joke, but that means at least one of his teammates had to get him in the nude and dress him up without waking him, and for some reason I find that hilarious.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Also the suggestion that he was fighting crime as Nightwing during his own coma and missed it all.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
... they have Joker's face framed on the wall.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I'm not entirely up to date on DC comics, but please tell me that Cyborg actually has a halfro in the New 52.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gann Jerrod posted:

I'm not entirely up to date on DC comics, but please tell me that Cyborg actually has a halfro in the New 52.

No, but the non-metal part of his head still has hair, which is why this Cyborg just stuck half a 'fro wig on his head.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Elfface posted:

... they have Joker's face framed on the wall.

That is nothing in Teen Titans GO!, here's a look at the batcave

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Renu-yu, that's a pretty old-rear end reference there.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That is nothing in Teen Titans GO!, here's a look at the batcave

the crowbar and ashes :stonk:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'd also say it kinda looks like Batman's all serious but squeezing Robin way too tight in that picture that his eyes are all googly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tremendous Taste posted:

the crowbar and ashes :stonk:

Yeah, I don't think I noticed in the episode that the urn says "Robin 2" on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Gatts posted:

I'd also say it kinda looks like Batman's all serious but squeezing Robin way too tight in that picture that his eyes are all googly.

He also seems to have collected Mr Freeze.

• Locked thread