Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredT.E.C.
Dec 28, 2006

I'm the shounen-prophet
The basic story is that the Warbros clan leader got banned for talking poo poo to the moderators and the recruitment process required applicants to post "Warbros #1" on the Warframe forums. The problem is now they can't recruit new members or start any new research, and there isn't any way currently to transfer leadership to anyone else in the clan. You may also notice that Warframe is now tagged as "Warbros #1" on the steam page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
One of the other tags is "Sleek Coding", so obviously there's some kinks to work out in the system.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Guy should have just shut up and played the drat game without spamming the forums.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What was the PS4 update I downloaded today?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Feenix posted:

What was the PS4 update I downloaded today?
Apparently just a back-end update ahead of the Japanese PS4 launch.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
How do I get an invite back into the Goon clan? I was booted for inactivity. (PC version)

Croccers fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 13, 2014

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carecat posted:

What. I was really hopeful for this and it's textured in baby food camo.

I was hoping it would be more of a battle rifle and less of a sniper rifle, ROF-wise at least.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Croccers posted:

How do I get an invite back into the Goon clan? I was booted for inactivity. (PC version)

Just reapply through the form.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

e: drat, that was an old post. Sorry.

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 13, 2014

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Finally scored 600 Oxium.

Finally.

Watch DE halve the cost of Zephyr Oxium-wise this Friday.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
ooh that level action rifle looks tempting.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

let me help you with that

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
11.7 FPS?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

That rifle looks cool, sounds satisfying as well.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Sleepy Owl posted:

let me help you with that

let me help YOU with that. Buy a new computer.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I know the rollback stuff was only supposed to affect mods but I wonder if DE hosed something up because I was looking in the inventory and noticed I had three Detron blueprints, two receivers and one barrel. At the time of me building my Detron, I had two blueprints, one receiver and two barrels, and I haven't seen the harvester since (so I should have 1/0/1). The rollback shouldn't have even affected me because I wasn't bugged and could pick up stuff just fine, but it's the only thing that I can think of that could conceivably be the reason why I suddenly have different Detron parts. :iiam:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Nitrox posted:

11.7 FPS?

It's generally playable outside of a few areas that make the framerate go into the single digits.

denimgorilla posted:

Did you end up in a game that I hosted :ohdear:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
So no one knows if my thing with Shield Flux is a bug or not?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Sleepy Owl posted:

Did you end up in a game that I hosted :ohdear:

I kid of course!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Have you checked the wiki?

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I recently started playing Warframe and I've been enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would. It definitely takes some time to familiarize yourself with the mechanics and the UI outside of actual gameplay is pretty bad but once I started building weapons and frames, it got much more interesting.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

denimgorilla posted:

My laptop is over 5 years old and runs the game better than that.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I don't know if anyone else here actually has the mod to test since it's only available through transmutation (which is rightfully regarded as a waste of money/time by most folks), but I can't imagine it being intended. Do your shields come back if you let your stamina regen first?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Helter Skelter posted:

My laptop is over 5 years old and runs the game better than that.

I got my laptop less than two years ago so I'm probably messing something up somewhere.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I'm sure it is possible to buy a laptop today that's barely able to run this game.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Helter Skelter posted:

I don't know if anyone else here actually has the mod to test since it's only available through transmutation (which is rightfully regarded as a waste of money/time by most folks), but I can't imagine it being intended. Do your shields come back if you let your stamina regen first?
I have one but have never used it because why the gently caress would I ever want to turn my shields into stamina.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Sandweed posted:

I'm sure it is possible to buy a laptop today that's barely able to run this game.

I'd certainly define this as barely able. :v:

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Which shotgun is the most fun? I'm rank 3 and trying out a Sobek but I don't really care for it. I'm looking for a change of pace after the Karak (which was rad). I'm definitely eyeballing the Drakgoon.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Insert name here posted:

I have one but have never used it because why the gently caress would I ever want to turn my shields into stamina.

Very true. I could maybe see a potential use case on Rhino since you shouldn't be having much getting past Iron Skin anyway, but even then Quick Rest seems more useful when you can just do a quick slide and have your stamina regen back to full in an instant.

Also Zorens.

denimgorilla posted:

Which shotgun is the most fun? I'm rank 3 and trying out a Sobek but I don't really care for it. I'm looking for a change of pace after the Karak (which was rad). I'm definitely eyeballing the Drakgoon.

Trust your eyeball. The Drakgoon is rad as hell.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010

denimgorilla posted:

Drakgoon is a hilarious confetti launcher of death once it's got some good mods. It technically has a lower dps than the higher level shotguns, but I think the gameplay is plenty fun.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Drakgoon somehow manages to have reliable bouncing, which is bizarre in a game where jumping and running on a wall sometimes catapults you off into the distance at random.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Thanks! Drakgoon it is!

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
What the gently caress did they do to Avalanche?

Hog Butcher posted:

Drakgoon somehow manages to have reliable bouncing, which is bizarre in a game where jumping and running on a wall sometimes catapults you off into the distance at random.

It also has an optional charge-up feature if you need to kill an elite enemy quickly.

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...

Hog Butcher posted:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I don't care much about the shotguns at the moment (except Sweeper) but the Boar Prime is incredible.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

But can you flip-cock the new gun?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
New dudes don't know how lucky they are with individualised reload animations. Back in my day every gun fired from an invisible clip taken from your side and put onto the bottom of your handle! :corsair:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Pierson posted:

New dudes don't know how lucky they are with individualised reload animations. Back in my day every gun fired from an invisible clip taken from your side and put onto the bottom of your handle! :corsair:

Man I remember when it was amazing that we got a melee weapon that WASN'T just a sword!

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Pierson posted:

I used my Hek a few weeks back for the first time since Update 5 or 6 and was really surprised when I saw that at some point they added a custom reload animation for it, and same with the Strun. Then I went and used my Braton Vandal and saw it still had the same boring old animation for it. So I guess my question is has DE said anything about going back and adding in custom reload animations for all the guns that don't have one at some point?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Insert name here posted:

I used my Hek a few weeks back for the first time since Update 5 or 6 and was really surprised when I saw that at some point they added a custom reload animation for it, and same with the Strun. Then I went and used my Braton Vandal and saw it still had the same boring old animation for it. So I guess my question is has DE said anything about going back and adding in custom reload animations for all the guns that don't have one at some point?
Eh I give the basic rifles/pistols a pass because that is more or less what reloading them should look like. The Cestra has a great reload animation because you just take the barrel from the gun, reverse it, and put it right back in. :v:

Game will have been out (oh no wait sorry in open beta) for a year come end of this month. It's come a long way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Sandweed posted:

I don't care much about the shotguns at the moment (except Sweeper) but the Boar Prime is incredible.

I have a friend who is deeply in love with his Boar Prime. It's very very very much the Soma of shotguns, and with some +fire rate mods on it can sound more like a rifle than a shotgun while still dealing horrifying amounts of damage.

He also spent ages trying to farm its parts though.