Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

rifles posted:

If you watch the timecode, it's running pretty fast. Still pretty ridiculous.

It's still well under a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

swagger like us posted:

It looked liked the Delta guys drove the target vehicle themselves afterwards. I mean, they would probably want to detain everyone inside the vehicle, right?

If there was more than the driver in it I'm sure they moved him to the van as well. Most likely they took the target's vehicle away in order to do SSE on it in a safer location or to use for later operations if they decided to stay in country.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

It's still well under a minute.

1:20 and they are already gone. It takes another minute for nearby bystanders to show up and go "WTF happened?"

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
The liveleak version sure made it look like the driver got smoked.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

swagger like us posted:

It looked liked the Delta guys drove the target vehicle themselves afterwards. I mean, they would probably want to detain everyone inside the vehicle, right?

Nah the car started moving forward after they shot the driver.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sky shark posted:

The liveleak version sure made it look like the driver got smoked.

Yep, his body starts getting all floppy and then droops after the guy with the gun pops out.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
It looked like he was illuminated for a second and his arms had the strings cut. Whether he was lit by a muzzle flash or weaponlight, I don't know, but it looked like he died to me.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Considering Abu Anas al Libi is currently awaiting trial in New York I would consider him far from dead.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BaconAndBullets posted:

Considering Abu Anas al Libi is currently awaiting trial in New York I would consider him far from dead.

I'm pretty sure everyone is talking about the driver not the target.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cars are still a deadly weapon, if DC cops won't take the chance CAG sure as gently caress isnt

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.
Watching it again, it is definitely a slumped over, dead driver on the wheel. You can see the target veh lurches forward a bit, only to be stopped by the blocking car, then as the blocking car leaves it keeps driving forward in relation to how the blocking car pulls out.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
Alright, I stand corrected. Gotta say being the US dude to drive that vehicle away would suck, not like they're gonna keep those clothes though.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

BaconAndBullets posted:

Alright, I stand corrected. Gotta say being the US dude to drive that vehicle away would suck, not like they're gonna keep those clothes though.

Yea the smell of curry BO is loving horrible. Poor guy :(

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Just think of what sort of rubbish the radio presets are probably set to

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
something liiiike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUhErkyFNF8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Ah, nothing like a jaunty tune to brighten up your day while the Israelis kick your poo poo in.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Ah, nothing like a jaunty tune to brighten up your day while the Israelis kick your poo poo in again.

Edited for accuracy.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Was the first time by Moses? :v:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Regardless that those dudes are special ops thats some tier 1 ice cold poo poo popping out and just smoking a dude. :911:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I was wondering what it would be like to be so unimportant you get casually and incidentally smoked by people on the way to grabbing a more important person so he can go to an actual trial, but then I remembered I used to be junior enlisted.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

He's got his hand on a weapon that is ready to use, that is in this case the car, so he goes down.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Best Friends posted:

I was wondering what it would be like to be so unimportant you get casually and incidentally smoked by people on the way to grabbing a more important person so he can go to an actual trial, but then I remembered I used to be junior enlisted.

I was gonna say.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Mad Dragon posted:

Was the first time by Moses? :v:

Yom Kippur and Six Day war. And Moses.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Best Friends posted:

I love how assassination's are morally wrong, but murdering the poo poo out of that car so one guy can stand trial isn't. My goal in life is to one day be too important that simply killing me will be viewed as unethical, no matter what hosed up poo poo I've done.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Reverand maynard posted:

I love how assassination's are morally wrong, but murdering the poo poo out of that car so one guy can stand trial isn't. My goal in life is to one day be too important that simply killing me will be viewed as unethical, no matter what hosed up poo poo I've done.
They didn't capture him because he's too important not to put on trial, they captured him to interrogate the everlasting gently caress out of him.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

grover posted:

They didn't capture him because he's too important not to put on trial, they captured him to interrogate the everlasting gently caress out of him.

That would gently caress up the civilian trial.

edit:

quote:

2013 capture

Al-Libi was captured in Tripoli, Libya on 5 October 2013 by U.S. Army "Delta Force" operators, with the assistance of FBI agents and CIA officers. He was seized in a pre-dawn raid and removed from Libya. U.S. Navy SEALs conducted a simultaneous raid in Somalia targeting the alleged mastermind of the Westgate shopping mall attack in Kenya, possibly to avoid either action sending the other target into hiding.[19][20][21] A day after Al-Libi was captured, he was in military custody on the ship USS San Antonio in the Mediterranean Sea.[22] On 10 February 2014, a 30 seconds CCTV video showing U.S. commandos capturing al-Libi was published by the Washington Post.[23][24]
Court appearance

On October 15, 2013, al-Libi appeared in a Manhattan federal court and pleaded not guilty to terrorism charges

Note the dates. There might have been some interrogation but he hardly got the full black site treatment or anything close.

Best Friends fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 12, 2014

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Best Friends posted:

edit:

Note the dates. There might have been some interrogation but he hardly got the full black site treatment or anything close.

I guess they will wait until the trial is over. :unsmigghh:

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW

Best Friends posted:

I don't think gitmo detainees get civilian trials.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

grover posted:

I don't think gitmo detainees get civilian trials.

Wow you can't read.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

So is this the first time CAG/Delta operations have been caught on video?

There's a bunch of photos floating around from memoirs, the guys in hockey helmets w/ the 101st besieging Uday and Qusay, and I think one from Gothic Serpent.

This is the first video. Not that you can really see much.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

MRC48B posted:

There's a bunch of photos floating around from memoirs, the guys in hockey helmets w/ the 101st besieging Uday and Qusay, and I think one from Gothic Serpent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnV6wM-vd9s

:v:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Found one from even earlier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-UCFBS4a5I

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Don't forget who nabbed bin laden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmG7BIAlv-I

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

MRC48B posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PsOlLa03mc

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

MRC48B posted:

Way back on page 129, KFFF posted the supercut of flashbang explosions some Special Forces guys made from their GoPros. Implies there's a lot of this stuff floating around out there. Future historians are going to be spoiled for primary sources.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 13, 2014

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I like the part around 1:07 where he kicks a guy lying on the floor in the neck.

Edit: He probably had it coming, it just looks funny.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

MRC48B posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRMuiYMO3q0

i dunno who the gently caress this is but there's a poo poo ton of stuff like it on youtube

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I'd bet it's pretty loving terrifying when you literally have men in black helicopters coming after you.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Mustang posted:

I'd bet it's pretty loving terrifying when you literally have men in black helicopters coming after you.

I already do, man, but I'm not worried. It's why a canny operator such as myself has several different Something Awful account names, to throw off los federales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Non sarcastic response: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIwxJdiPfSU

• Locked thread