Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Apogee15 posted:

1.6 should be erased from everyone's memory forever. Counterstrike started with css.

This sure is an opinion alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Tumbles
Jan 14, 2013
Forget the TMP, gimme back my MP5! :argh: I know we have an MP7 but it's just not the same.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

MP5SD so both parties are unhappy.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Mr Tumbles posted:

Forget the TMP, gimme back my MP5! :argh: I know we have an MP7 but it's just not the same.

We do, they're called the dual beterras. (although semi auto)

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Apogee15 posted:

1.6 should be erased from everyone's memory forever. Counterstrike started with css.

Everyone would definitely be less annoying and talking about how lucky it was the devs got everything totally right the first time and changes are heresy.

But you're still wrong.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

astr0man posted:

The MP9 is absolute garbage.

I don't understand why it hasn't been tweaked in, what, 8+ updates? It's more expensive and feels shittier than a Mac-10.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
We really need to do a King of Counter-Strike tournament.

Have a set of games on 1.6, Source and GO.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Don't forget CZ.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Apogee15 posted:

Enjoy never playing on Buttman. :thumbsup:

I still have a secret hope Valve would eventually do :kickinrad: weapon models, like an MP5 replacement for the MP7.

Or the Doom shotgun sprite for the Nova. :getin:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Ugh this is loving bullshit I just want to get Internet and be able to loving play csgo with this dumb auto pistol

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
For anyone who still has questions about the CZ75's performance, I put together this review/overview of the gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPIVAbrOI7g

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

10/10 would shoot again.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
A cosmetic MP5 skin would own.

Space Hamlet posted:

For anyone who still has questions about the CZ75's performance, I put together this review/overview of the gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPIVAbrOI7g

Just hold the trigger down at close range and you get a free kill. If you're ambushing during early rounds with this expect lots of whining.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

If 1.6 is so good go play it grognards.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
gently caress the new pistol, where's my Riot Shield?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

I wonder how many pros we'll see switch from the P250 to the CZ75. When it comes down to it, it's really like deciding between the M4A1-S and M4A4, except with even more of an ammo nerf. Also acquired Treadplate CZ75.

Edit: LOL at all the posts on the steam discussion and update post asking for the old AUG and the old AUG crosshair back. Should just give them the real old Aug/Crosshair back and leave them with a useless overpriced gun.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 13, 2014

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
It's a good thing I listened to goons and didn't practice with the Aug when it was OP.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
CZ75-AUTO is the best gun in the game.

Although with the whole foregrip magazine thing, it seems like it should be more of a gimmick of the weapon to have your first clip have less recoil as you have a better hold on it (maybe even a slightly faster reload?) then after that you do a normal rear end reload, and have a little more recoil.

If they never change anything on it ever again, at least fix the loving reload animation, god drat. Why am I constantly sticking my used mag back onto it.

PROTOSTORM!!! fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 13, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.
After a few quick deathmatches with the CZ, I like it. I'm okay with it's addition as an alternate, but I think it's gonna have to come up in price. Ideally, I think the CZ should replace the FiveSeven on CT, and then give the Tec9 a full auto replacement/option. I just think 300 isn't going to be enough to NOT use it all the time.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Coleman posted:

After a few quick deathmatches with the CZ, I like it. I'm okay with it's addition as an alternate, but I think it's gonna have to come up in price. Ideally, I think the CZ should replace the FiveSeven on CT, and then give the Tec9 a full auto replacement/option. I just think 300 isn't going to be enough to NOT use it all the time.

I am split. When it comes down to it it is a single use gun. You gently caress up and you have a knife. Congrats on your knife. It works on the high risk high reward play style that I love so much. It will not be for a lot of CS player. I love it though.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

PROTOSTORM!!! posted:

CZ75-AUTO is the best gun in the game.

Although with the whole foregrip magazine thing, it seems like it should be more of a gimmick of the weapon to have your first clip have less recoil as you have a better hold on it (maybe even a slightly faster reload?) then after that you do a normal rear end reload, and have a little more recoil.

I don't think grip realism and recoil have ever meant anything in CS. Otherwise all the snipers would have ripped as gently caress shoulders from being able to hold an AWP up in firing position all day every day.

and pistols would be pretty much as deadly as rifles /tfr

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
Does anyone have a good resource for call maps? I was confusing the poo poo out of my team by calling kitty/cat on (the one that comes from de_mill) "Long" and Cole was nice enough to call me a dumbass and straighten me out.

I'd like to avoid that in the future.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Why doesn't having armor make you run slower?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Slaapaav posted:

Because that would be kind of dumb?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Awesome Welles posted:

Because that would be kind of dumb?

dumber than it being slower running with a pistol than with a knife?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Slaapaav posted:

So you think armor is overpowered?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Xenaero posted:

And a new skin. Interesting! Not that anyone is really going to notice 2.5% but...

That small change was enough to make me more effective with the Deagle than any other weapon today :downs:

edit: the new pistol is super cool for save rounds

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 13, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
CS needs a stamina system imo

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
What's the button to sprint?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

stickyfngrdboy posted:

dumber than it being slower running with a pistol than with a knife?

Yes. :colbert:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

How come every time I start up CSGO, Steam has to re-download a handful of maps from the workshop. It does this every loving time and it's annoying.

aksuur
Nov 9, 2003

teagone posted:

How come every time I start up CSGO, Steam has to re-download a handful of maps from the workshop. It does this every loving time and it's annoying.

They were supposed to have fixed that in the patch.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

aksuur posted:

They were supposed to have fixed that in the patch.

Post-patch, still does it :negative:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
[MISC]
- Aug and SG 553 scope modes now correctly respect players' zoomed mouse sensitivity settings.
- Fixed game client unexpectedly loading installed plugins. -LoadPluginsForClient is now required if client needs to load plugins, however with plugins client will start in insecure mode.
- Added buymenu localization tokens for the CZ75-Auto.
- Player teammate colors now stay consistent throughout a match in both Competitive MM and most third party services.
- Adjusted the teammate colors a bit based on feedback.
- Fixed miniscoreboard causing hitches by refreshing the avatars too often.
- Fixed the chat on Macs showing hex colors instead of names.
- Fixed Scar-20 icon not being visible in the in-game weapon inventory.
- Fixed NameTag text field not taking input.

[Shipped yesterday]
- Fixed Classic Static (crosshairstyle 4) not being static.
- Fixed player color arrows being bot colored in casual.
- Fixed letter label showing up over player dots in radar when spectating / watching a demo.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Necc0 posted:

[MISC]
- Aug and SG 553 scope modes now correctly respect players' zoomed mouse sensitivity settings.
- Fixed game client unexpectedly loading installed plugins. -LoadPluginsForClient is now required if client needs to load plugins, however with plugins client will start in insecure mode.
- Added buymenu localization tokens for the CZ75-Auto.
- Player teammate colors now stay consistent throughout a match in both Competitive MM and most third party services.
- Adjusted the teammate colors a bit based on feedback.
- Fixed miniscoreboard causing hitches by refreshing the avatars too often.
- Fixed Scar-20 icon not being visible in the in-game weapon inventory.
- Fixed NameTag text field not taking input.

[Shipped yesterday]
- Fixed Classic Static (crosshairstyle 4) not being static.
- Fixed player color arrows being bot colored in casual.
- Fixed letter label showing up over player dots in radar when spectating / watching a demo.
This patch just killed a Goonman. DAMNIT VALVE, HOW DARE YOU?!

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
A goonman I was dominating no less. (I'm Prolific) Someone make a clip of my 5 shot 5 kill awp ace tia

Coleman
May 5, 2011

BrandNew posted:

A goonman I was dominating no less. (I'm Prolific) Someone make a clip of my 5 shot 5 kill awp ace tia
Let the record show that this never happened.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Coleman posted:

Let the record show that this never happened.

Rude, but we both know it did.

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

RadioPassive posted:

I don't understand why it hasn't been tweaked in, what, 8+ updates? It's more expensive and feels shittier than a Mac-10.

Eh, I've got a keybind for it and buy it quite often anti-eco rounds. It's not the most cost-effective weapon, but it seems to do OK against rifles, so I usually hang on to it for a round and a half.

Everyone's play style is a bit different and for me the mp9 seems to work.

edit: w/r/t the quick patch that just went live. Valve is doing a great job monitoring r/globaloffensive and being very responsive to feedback. Gotta give them props for that.

Smug Mug fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Necc0 posted:

RIP Blueish #A8ff who took an 11hp fall into pit to unclutch a sure thing
RIP CS:GO

e: actually what's this plugin business? Is there a plugin I can use that will obscure/remove everyone's names? For some reason it was hilarious not being able to tell who was who but I guess the colour changes probably made it more obvious anyway

e2: :lol:

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Feb 14, 2014

• Locked thread