Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Chef Bromden posted:

Laurel is on the Starling City diet:
Eat Moira's chili 24/7 and watch the pounds melt away. Then your chin will be so sharp your face will start looking like a tortilla chip.

It really is disgusting, adding the California and the New Mexico Chili powder makes it taste super loving spicey and just weird.

It' tastes like your eating a huge lovely spicy taco and not like chili at all. It's really gross.

So yeah, don't cook Ollie's Chili recipe from DC comics. It's gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
It said at the bottom "kids have your parents help you with this!" so that when they tried it and all gagged they would know to never ever use a recipe from a god drat comic book.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I guess being a billionaire and all, Moira hasn't exactly had much opportunity to actually cook things herself. This is probably something she tried to put together when her servants had the night off.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

BreakAtmo posted:

I like Raysh because it sounds cooler :downs:

This is how my canon also works, detective. :smug:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

This is how my canon also works, detective. :smug:

Hope you're pronouncing detective properly in your mind, Raysh BTAS style.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

BreakAtmo posted:

I like Raysh because it sounds cooler :downs:

To "raz" someone is to give them a hard time, and we blow raspberries at people as a signal of dismissal or disrespect. Neither has a dignified connotation. It's hard to argue against cool even if it is technically the incorrect pronunciation.

The correct pronunciation is of course bət sɛks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Just imagine this as the rest-of-season preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCEoJ8GX1oM

:mad:"Got no chance, Ollie!"

:smug:"Aw, sure you do!"

I kinda want that exchange to be in the inevitable Arrow/Deathstroke fight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roz_Doyle, the Demon.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

No they should get Bebe Neuwirth

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

If the CW executives knew what this thread descended into when they put the show on hiatus they would never have done it. Maybe if somebody sends some screen caps to Amell he'd convince them to have some pity for us.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Guys we just got done discussing how to pronounce Rha's first name, and nonsensical tangents into the comic books. If we talk more about Laurel, we can have the annoying Arrow Topics Trinity!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's not an episode next week either, is there :what:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Guys we just got done discussing how to pronounce Rha's first name, and nonsensical tangents into the comic books. If we talk more about Laurel, we can have the annoying Arrow Topics Trinity!

I would prefer more chilli chat.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

You monster

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

zoux posted:

:negative: loving Sochi.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well here's a long interview with Amell. It's kind of a 30k view of the show on the Washington's post site but he's got some good quotes:

quote:

When asked how “Arrow” has been able to win over the fanboy base (a must when trying to develop a comic-book adaptation), Amell says the reason is simple.

“The short answer is, I think they can tell we give a [expletive],” Amell told Comic Riffs by phone. “To put it bluntly, they can tell that we care. They can tell that we’re protective over the script.”

quote:

“The history of superhero shows on television is not rich with success,” Amell said. “I want the show to go down, and be remembered, as maybe the show that changed momentum, that got it right.

“I want it to be the best superhero comic book show of all time. I want it to be at the top of the list.”

Think you got that sewn up already bud.

Also nobody tells Katie anything :(

And finally, the title of ep 18 is Deathstroke :supaburn:

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 12, 2014

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

zoux posted:

This is hilarious.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

zoux posted:

Think you got that sewn up already bud.
That really depends on how good the Flash is this fall.

quote:

This is actually pretty funny.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Give the poor girl some slack, she's probably drunk!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Gaz-L posted:

Give the poor girl some slack, she's probably drunk!

She's really into method acting these days.

Also, zoux, what's that Batman icon on your phone from?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh no my secret identity!!!

Not my phone, got the post from r/arrow, which is where I get all the stuff I post in this thread. I know everyone hates reddit, but that subreddit is a great source for news, etc.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Whizbang posted:

She's really into method acting these days.

Also, zoux, what's that Batman icon on your phone from?

They made an iPhone tie-in game for the newest Arkham console game, so presumably that.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS

jscolon2.0 posted:

They made an iPhone tie-in game for the newest Arkham console game, so presumably that.

Nope. iPhone games can't make persistent UI changes, the bat symbol comes standard with a Jailbreak app called Zeppelin which let's you replace your carrier text with custom graphics of your choosing.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Amell just posted that Arrow Season 3 is official. :toot:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Katie Cassidy'll tweet it to us in a few months, I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Klungar posted:

Just saw that!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Arrow did air a repeat in Canada last night. She was partially correct. Not bad for a drunk.

I wonder if the cast watches the show on CTV or CW.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Klungar posted:

Yes, I can't wait to see Ra's Al Ghul come in and obliterate Starling.

Oh, hang on.

Right, apparently that's gonna be 3 episodes from now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rarity posted:

Yes, I can't wait to see Ra's Al Ghul come in and obliterate Starling.

Oh, hang on.

Right, apparently that's gonna be 3 episodes from now.

It actually happened last episode.

By next Wednesday it will be Friday, and by next episode it will be September, then by the episode after that it will be the end of existence as we know it.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I fully expect the third episode of The Flash to be an Infinite Crisis-type crossover episode with Arrow where Barry sacrifices himself like in every DC Crisis event. He'll then be replaced by Bart Allen for episode 4.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Krad posted:

I fully expect the third episode of The Flash to be an Infinite Crisis-type crossover episode with Arrow where Barry sacrifices himself like in every DC Crisis event. He'll then be replaced by Bart Allen for episode 4.

You mean the pilot right?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Krad posted:

Geoff Johns is involved nothing bad will happen to Barry and Hal when they introduce him. However, I do hope that they adapt the Trial of the Flash. That will get butts in seats.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
What might be kind of funny is if Flash burns through plot points slightly slower than Arrow. So in season 4 of Arrow, Ollie is off fighting Darkseid and Diggle is Black Drivering the city with his suicide squad protecting starling from Brainiacs mind controlled zombiemen (Amanda Waller retired in the season 3 finale naturally) while in season 2 of the Flash there has just been the dramatic reveal of captain cold.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

MrFlibble posted:

What might be kind of funny is if Flash burns through plot points slightly slower than Arrow. So in season 4 of Arrow, Ollie is off fighting Darkseid and Diggle is Black Drivering the city with his suicide squad protecting starling from Brainiacs mind controlled zombiemen (Amanda Waller retired in the season 3 finale naturally) while in season 2 of the Flash there has just been the dramatic reveal of captain cold.

I think you mean Ollie is traveling through time due to being hit by Darkseid's Omega Beams, and the only hope is Diggle singing ability.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

bobkatt013 posted:

I think you mean Ollie is traveling through time due to being hit by Darkseid's Omega Beams, and the only hope is Diggle singing ability.

There's only so much you can steal from Batman without being a total rear end in a top hat about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Boogaleeboo posted:

There's only so much you can steal from Batman without being a total rear end in a top hat about it.

Psh. Ollie's been doing it for 50+ years, he ain't about to stop now.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

Psh. Ollie's been doing it for 50+ years, he ain't about to stop now.

I think the fact that Oliver is basically a long range knock off of batman works in the shows favour. I mean look at the batman show they're making on Fox - no costumes, no super powers - it could basically be any crime show airing in america with a few batman references added in.

Because batman is so big they're afraid to use him properly, afraid to dilute the brand. But nobody gives a gently caress about the Green Arrow so they can make a kick rear end comic book show about him.

(Oliver being more optimistic and left-wing than batman, along with less emphasis on fear as a tool is something i'm hoping will be introduced more in later seasons. Maybe by the final season he'll actually look like hes having a bit of fun when hes in costume)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

MrFlibble posted:

I think the fact that Oliver is basically a long range knock off of batman works in the shows favour. I mean look at the batman show they're making on Fox - no costumes, no super powers - it could basically be any crime show airing in america with a few batman references added in.

Because batman is so big they're afraid to use him properly, afraid to dilute the brand. But nobody gives a gently caress about the Green Arrow so they can make a kick rear end comic book show about him.

(Oliver being more optimistic and left-wing than batman, along with less emphasis on fear as a tool is something i'm hoping will be introduced more in later seasons. Maybe by the final season he'll actually look like hes having a bit of fun when hes in costume)

Isn't Green Arrow the most blatant copy of Robin Hood of all times? Is an archer, wears nearly the same green outfit, champion of the poor against the rich and powerful?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Torrannor posted:

Isn't Green Arrow the most blatant copy of Robin Hood of all times? Is an archer, wears nearly the same green outfit, champion of the poor against the rich and powerful?

Nah, his design is, but not his shtick. He's like a white Luke Cage more than anything when you take away his corporation.

He's what Batman started out as, or what Daredevil kinda is, basically just a protector of the underdog and street level people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Haha some girl made a drinking game for Stephen's Q&As, and he endorsed it.

Man, this cast reminds me of Chuck's, and I really can't give a higher praise than that. And thankfully this show's on a network that will keep them around awhile! :allears:

• Locked thread