Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

Yeah Fusion was tolerable because it her just what was going through her head at a given time. Not literal oh hey Ridley that thing I effortlessly disintegrate every four months grabbed me I am now helpless and my armor vanishes like when Sailor Moon is distressed. gently caress Other M.

I really wish I could empty quote you, you loving bastard.

As a Nintendo Warrior Of Light I'm pretty excited about the direct tomorrow, but the potential that they'll fall flat on their face is very high. I mean there's a drat good chance they're just gonna talk about Mario Kart for five minutes before switching to already-announced 3DS games. But then there's a chance they'll drop half a dozen megatons concerning future releases, and new titles.

Nintendo is so god drat loving inconsistent with their advertising it's no wonder they're rear end-deep in poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is no way they're dropping a bunch of megaton announcements tomorrow. Maybe, maybe one big unexpected one. Maybe.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

There is no way they're dropping a bunch of megaton announcements tomorrow. Maybe, maybe one big unexpected one. Maybe.

You, sir, are a loving pessimist. I believe in Nintendo. :colbert: (I believe that they'll gently caress me over with some lame rear end announcement)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think there's been a skeevy licensed Samus figure or two, as well. The point is just that the company isn't above catering to that market. It's not their bread and butter by a long shot, and I don't foresee it being applied to their software strategy at all, but they're not immune or even fundamentally averse to it.

The fact that they openly advertised Conception 2 in the west is proof enough that they are open to weird markets. Particularly if they don't have to waste money in profiting from them.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

You, sir, are a loving pessimist. I believe in Nintendo. :colbert: (I believe that they'll gently caress me over with some lame rear end announcement)
I still love Reggie on the video game awards show. WE ANNOUNCED CRANKY KONG, WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ImpAtom posted:

They need to do more stuff like the NES Remix announcement where they could say "and it's just shown up in the store for download." Right now it feels like a lot of Nintendo announcements hit a bit of a deadzone; aside from the Mario Karts and Smash Brothers they try to announce things closer to when they come out than other companies do, but since they don't run a hype bus for the rest of the interim time interest seems to wane just before things come out.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just hope that they announce more games than just Donkey Kong, Mario kart, and Smash for the Direct.

Tropical freeze looks good but at the rate things are going there's a real good chance it's going to be like 20 bucks a few months from now. X is still MIA and still does not have a name. And there is nothing else but the eternal blackness of the crushing souless abyss....

I mean at this point the 3DS has more promising games coming up in a single quarter than what the Wii-U has coming out in the entire rest of the year. Hell they even announced MH4 for the 3DS in America for next year.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 13, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Supercar Gautier posted:

They actually will license out pervy merch like that, now and again. Google "Tharja figure" if you're not at work like I am.

I just checked on my phone and gently caress for some reason I thought Nintendo was "above" stuff like this

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think there's been a skeevy licensed Samus figure or two, as well. The point is just that the company isn't above catering to that market. It's not their bread and butter by a long shot, and I don't foresee it being applied to their software strategy at all, but they're not immune or even fundamentally averse to it.

:nws::nws:

http://blog.beforemario.com/2012/09/nintendo-pin-up-playing-cards-ca-1970.html

AngryCaterpillar fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 13, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I just checked on my phone and gently caress for some reason I thought Nintendo was "above" stuff like this

Nintendo of Japan is an entirely different beast than Nintendo of America.

I mean geez they had a string of Nintendo love hotels in Japan.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The feigned expression of surprise she has is terrifying me for some reason.

Edit: I am not sure why the spoiler tag didn't go through with the quote, I should have previewed that.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 13, 2014

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just hope that they announce more games than just Donkey Kong, Mario kart, and Smash for the Direct.

Tropical freeze looks good but at the rate things are going there's a real good chance it's going to be like 20 bucks a few months from now. X is still MIA and still does not have a name. And there is nothing else but the eternal blackness of the crushing souless abyss....

I mean at this point the 3DS has more promising games coming up in a single quarter than what the Wii-U has coming out in the entire rest of the year. Hell they even announced MH4 for the 3DS in America for next year.

Somebody on the internet commented that Monolith Soft and Next Level Games tweeted that a Direct was happening. Massive speculative hunches, knowing glances and winks should ensue.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nonsense posted:

Somebody on the internet commented that Monolith Soft and Next Level Games tweeted that a Direct was happening. Massive speculative hunches, knowing glances and winks should ensue.

There better at least be one exclusive RPG this year. Because stuff for the 3DS like bravely Default beats the pants off of the entirety of exclusives on the Wii-U. And BD has a shitload of art assets that would have probably been better utilized on a console, so much poo poo was scaled down for the 3DS that they lost a ton of detail. It honestly could have been a real good looking game in full HD.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

There better at least be one exclusive RPG this year. Because stuff for the 3DS like bravely Default beats the pants off of the entirety of exclusives on the Wii-U. And BD has a shitload of art assets that would have probably been better utilized on a console, so much poo poo was scaled down for the 3DS that they lost a ton of detail. It honestly could have been a real good looking game in full HD.

BD didn't have enough budget to finish the game itself. It had to have a re-release which fixed a lot of problems even then it still is a game with a ton of recycled content that they clearly didn't have time to finish. There's no way it could have even been an HD game in anything resembling its current state even if it had background art assets which were already HD quality (which is a question to begin with.)

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Feb 13, 2014

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
It's funny how many games on the 3DS just made me go, man I wish I had something like this for my WiiU.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Austrian mook posted:

It's funny how many games on the 3DS just made me go, man I wish I had something like this for my WiiU.

There are a lot of handheld games in general I wish the current climate allowed for console versions of. Gravity Rush is probably my favorite game on the Vita but I'd love it infinitely more if it had a PS3 controller and budget. I'm sure Nintendo wishes it was that easy.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Took me a while to find the exact point from where the "please understand..." quote comes from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXrVe0_3X-4

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It's in every Nintendo Direct.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Oh jesus this Direct is awful.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Fat_Cow posted:

Oh jesus this Direct is awful.

Elaborate for those of us who can't stand a stumbling accented old man telling us to understand.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

KittyEmpress posted:

Elaborate for those of us who can't stand a stumbling accented old man telling us to understand.

Micro transactions, NES Remix, and Mario Tennis # 50

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

KittyEmpress posted:

A bunch of 3DS games (some of which look cool, but this isn't the 3DS thread), a 2D Sidescrolling Action RPG from Ubisoft this April, Little Mac for Smash Bros, Donkey Kong is out soon and will have a leaderboard!

That's your summary.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Patter Song posted:

A bunch of 3DS games (some of which look cool, but this isn't the 3DS thread), a 2D Sidescrolling Action RPG from Ubisoft this April, Little Mac for Smash Bros, Donkey Kong is out soon and will have a leaderboard!

That's your summary.

You missed out on X, which is legit an amazing looking game that I want on my Wii U.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Still convinced Nintendo wants Wii U dead as soon as possible so they can launch their next platform. They literally had nothing to announce.

e: They were even willing to talk about a 3DS game for 2015, but not Wii U. They're literally struggling to release 2 major games for Wii U this fiscal year. Their plan seems to be cut the cord, cut the cord, cut the cord, abandon ship.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 13, 2014

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

fivegears4reverse posted:

You missed out on X, which is legit an amazing looking game that I want on my Wii U.

But we knew about X.

The only new Wii U news was
-NES Remix 2 in April

That's about it. A bunch of glimpses at eShop titles we know about, new trailers for DKC:TF, MK8 (with Koopa Kids and new tracks), an extended look at live gameplay of X, and a Bayonetta trailer.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Patter Song posted:

a 2D Sidescrolling Action RPG from Ubisoft this April,

What are the odds of this being delayed/cancelled? Ubisoft has been heading for the lifeboats while Nintendo rearranges the deckchairs.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Astro7x posted:

But we knew about X.

-NES Remix 2 in April

That's about it. A bunch of glimpses at eShop titles we know about, new trailers for DKC:TF, MK8 (with Koopa Kids and new tracks), an extended look at live gameplay of X, and a Bayonetta trailer.

No, the Ubisoft Action RPG coming out in April was for the Wii U and not the 3DS, I thought.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You know those Nintendo games you're looking forward to? Well, they're still coming!

Goodnight.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Child of Light is also out on PS4/PC/Xbox One.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Patter Song posted:

No, the Ubisoft Action RPG coming out in April was for the Wii U and not the 3DS, I thought.

You might be right, but the amount I care about that game is reflected in me forgetting about it.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

Quest For Glory II posted:

Still convinced Nintendo wants Wii U dead as soon as possible so they can launch their next platform. They literally had nothing to announce.

e: They were even willing to talk about a 3DS game for 2015, but not Wii U. They're literally struggling to release 2 major games for Wii U this fiscal year. Their plan seems to be cut the cord, cut the cord, cut the cord, abandon ship.
Yeah, I'm starting to suspect this too. I doubt we'll see many more big game reveals unless the Wii U picks up dramatically in sales for no reason

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Quest For Glory II posted:

Still convinced Nintendo wants Wii U dead as soon as possible so they can launch their next platform.

Come on, man. They're applying a horizontal flip to Super Mario Bros. What more could you want?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

fivegears4reverse posted:

Does it have a title or release date yet?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Craptacular! posted:

Come on, man. They're applying a horizontal flip to Super Mario Bros. What more could you want?
WE'VE ADDED CRANKY KONG, Geoff!! Cranky Kong!!

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Astro7x posted:

But we knew about X.

-NES Remix 2 in April

I'm trying to be a bit positive here :saddowns:

The Wii U's looking more and more like a proper disaster. It's honestly amazing how ill-prepared Nintendo was to support the console.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Nope. Still just "X" and "2014" respectively.

Bayonetta 2 is also still "2014" and looking awesome.

Midee
Jun 22, 2000

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also has there been any actual gameplay footage aside from that one trailer?

Crowbear posted:

They showed a bunch of combat footage just a few minutes ago :toot:
Well that's a good sign, at least.

Midee fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Feb 13, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crowbear posted:

Nope. Still just "X" and "2014" respectively.

Bayonetta 2 is also still "2014" and looking awesome.

E3 this year should be good. Or I mean the Nintendo direct that happens in the same month as E3

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Midee posted:

They showed a bunch of combat footage just a few minutes ago :toot:

Spoiler: It plays exactly like Xenoblade except sometimes you get into a mech and fight some bigger enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Midee posted:

You shoot monsters with no built in AI from the looks of things.

• Locked thread