Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DicktheCat posted:

I'm so mad right now. I found out that they were going to be in Atlanta today, and went to check it out. They're going to be here in March, and that poo poo is already sold out. I'm furious.

So which one of you fuckers is going to sell me their ticket?

Same question only with Pittsburgh. It's the closest to me at only about an hour and a half to two hours away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

ZorajitZorajit posted:

Just another vote for a St. Louis show. I'd be bringing no less than four other WTNV fans.
I know I've said this twice before but I would absolutely be there (assuming I could get tickets).

I promise not to bother anyone.

Edit: I hope I can coerce someone into going with me, I'm sure I won't be allowed to go on my own.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 11, 2014

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
MONDAY MARCH 17
8:00pm
ST LOUIS, MO
THE PAGEANT
6161 Delmar Blvd #100, St Louis, MO 63112
TICKETS: On sale Friday, Feb 14.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Okay, is nobody else worried that StrexCorp is showing an interest in Carlos because of the oranges thing?

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

SalTheBard posted:

MONDAY MARCH 17
8:00pm
ST LOUIS, MO
THE PAGEANT
6161 Delmar Blvd #100, St Louis, MO 63112
TICKETS: On sale Friday, Feb 14.

Just saw! Very excited!

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Okay, is nobody else worried that StrexCorp is showing an interest in Carlos because of the oranges thing?

I fear for Carlos. I fear for Night Vale.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I would kill someone in front of their own mother if it meant getting a Kansas City show.

Its not quite KC but Lawrence will suffice. Who do I need to kill?

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005
maxnmona - Just curious: does it look like any more Texas dates will be added to the tour? I imagine with SXSW in full swing by that point find venues around the state is a pain, but I thought I'd ask.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

troll for dollars posted:

maxnmona - Just curious: does it look like any more Texas dates will be added to the tour? I imagine with SXSW in full swing by that point find venues around the state is a pain, but I thought I'd ask.

There are only three more shows that are likely but not yet announced. One is in Texas.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

I got asked this by PM, but it's a pretty common question, so:

March tour will be the same script as the West Coast tour, which is a script specifically written for live shows that has never been done on the podcast.

Also we will have guests at some of the tour stops, but we don't announce guests beforehand.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

maxnmona posted:

I got asked this by PM, but it's a pretty common question, so:

March tour will be the same script as the West Coast tour, which is a script specifically written for live shows that has never been done on the podcast.

Also we will have guests at some of the tour stops, but we don't announce guests beforehand.

I appreciate the quick response!

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete
Ah nice, there's finally a show close to me in Lawrence!

... the same weekend as Naka-kon and Planet Comic-con in KC :negative:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Added Northampton, Columbus, and Houston. That's it for this tour.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I don't know what made you decide to add Northampton but bless you.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Jeffrey and Meg both have ties there. Otherwise we probably wouldn't have.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:
Oh my, between the St. Louis show and a bunch of personal miscellanea, my schedule for mid-February to mid-March is really starting to fill up with awesome things.

(All of which involve leaving the house. I hope my goony little shut-in heart can take it. :ohdear:)

Action Yak Police posted:

Edit: I hope I can coerce someone into going with me, I'm sure I won't be allowed to go on my own.

'Sup, fellow potentially-solo show-goer?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

If anyone needs a ticket to the sold out Boston show, I happen to have one more extra ticket. Email me at combedthunderclap@gmail.com if you're interested. I'll be offering a small discount off of the normal ticket price, but I'm open to giving a more significant discount to someone who really wants to go but genuinely can't afford it. Please note that the ticket will have to be transferred through Walletini. I'll edit this post when it's gone.

On topic: I hope the Night Vale Valentine's Day emergency response team is getting all its gear shined and ready for any delightfully cherubic horrors this year might happen to bring! :allears:

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011
Columbus show! Yay! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Well you know you've made it when you have lovely knockoffs, I was looking at new comedy podcasts and right up near top is "Welcome to Nightvale High" apparently.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Well you know you've made it when you have lovely knockoffs, I was looking at new comedy podcasts and right up near top is "Welcome to Nightvale High" apparently.

This is the second time this has been brought up so I finally looked it up and holy poo poo, this is shameless.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

AstroZamboni posted:

I fear for Carlos. I fear for Night Vale.

After what happened to Telly, I fear for whoever fucks with Carlos as well.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Looks like Condos is gonna cost a buck.

(It's totally worth a buck, I paid many times that much.)

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Can't you listen to things on bandcamp for free? It's only a dollar if you want to download. That said, everyone should download it, it's only a buck and we've already gotten so much content for free.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

People are already whining on Facebook about it not being free. Ugh.

Condos isn't the same show as the current live tour, right? Would like to avoid being spoiled.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I got no problem paying a dollar for a live show, the podcast is still free and, ya know, crazy, the dudes doing this deserve some money for the things I obsess over.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Combed Thunderclap posted:

People are already whining on Facebook about it not being free. Ugh.

Condos isn't the same show as the current live tour, right? Would like to avoid being spoiled.

I believe the recorded version of Condos was the last performance of it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

This is the second time this has been brought up so I finally looked it up and holy poo poo, this is shameless.

Oh, well, I'm sure they asked for permission before they created this.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Earwicker posted:

I believe the recorded version of Condos was the last performance of it.

Great, thanks! In that case, Saturday just got a lot better for me. :)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh, well, I'm sure they asked for permission before they created this.

Considering every episode description is pretty much "please don't sue us!" and they say nothing about having even asked permission, and maxnmona saying he had no idea what it was when it was last mentioned...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheJoker138 posted:

Considering every episode description is pretty much "please don't sue us!" and they say nothing about having even asked permission, and maxnmona saying he had no idea what it was when it was last mentioned...

You're bad at jokes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You're bad at jokes.

I figured there was a 50/50 shot, and hedged my bets on "just in case they are serious."

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Condos and a new episode? This is the best bloodstained Valentine's Day ever! :dance:

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Condos was retired after we recorded it. The March tour is a completely different script.

Here's the note on the bandcamp page that you can't see because the track isn't live yet:

Hi listeners,

We hope you enjoy our first ever live Night Vale recording. It's a double-length episode featuring live music from Disparition and several guest voices (including the debut of Dylan Marron as Carlos!) We set the price at pay-what-you-can ($1 minimum). This is a completely DRM-free file, but we hope you'll refrain from distributing/streaming/sharing it on other sources. We set a very low price so that everyone who wanted to hear it would be able to afford it. If you cannot pay for it, or really, really don't want to, we will eventually release it for free. But in the meantime, please keep the only source of the file this page right here. Thanks, and we can't wait to share more live shows with you soon.

Cecil Baldwin
Jeffrey Cranor
Joseph Fink

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
But don't you see, I'm a fan and thus I deserve everything you do for free, because as a fan I keep you afloat by not buying anything you produce.

That's how this relationship works, right? You do all the work for no money and I bitch when it's not perfectly catered to me and me alone?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Excited as hell for that Columbus show I hope I manage to get tickets for it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

But don't you see, I'm a fan and thus I deserve everything you do for free, because as a fan I keep you afloat by not buying anything you produce.

That's how this relationship works, right? You do all the work for no money and I bitch when it's not perfectly catered to me and me alone?

most fans seem pretty ok with it from what I've seen?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

TheJoker138 posted:

Wow that is so crazy to see all the relatively established podcasts that are ranked below a bootleg Night Vale.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
I pretty much never buy podcasts but I will buy the hell out of this. After paying for to see the live show.

What I'm saying is your show is really good and I support it.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Hear hear! I'll be buying the gently caress outta this tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I almost always buy the live episode of a podcast I love if there's one available. I blame the second live episode of Walking the Room, which featured The Most Amazing Story Ever Told About MTV by Dave Holmes. Not that I expect Night Vale to go that blue, ever.

Also, just got a chance to listen to the most recent episode, which was stellar from beginning to end. Stop trying to get blood from a turnip, indeed!