Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ahh yes, bipolar disorder. The mental illness that makes you.. uh.. fly into a knife-wielding rage for no reason. Guys, make sure you don't date any girls who have that, because this is what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

sticklefifer posted:

Ahh yes, bipolar disorder. The mental illness that makes you.. uh.. fly into a knife-wielding rage for no reason. Guys, make sure you don't date any girls who have that, because this is what they do.

Even better, don't have knives.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
In the same Customer Service vein:

quote:

Call Center | Littleton, CO, USA | Crazy Requests, Extra Stupid, Money

(I work at a call center selling TVs. All customers have to have a credit check performed to see what they’re eligible for as far as equipment. One caller has terrible credit, so the price is higher. I leave her my office number if she changes her mind. She calls me back.)

Me: “Thank you for calling. How may I be of assistance?”

Caller: “Hi. I called yesterday and the price was stupid high. I finally got the letter in the mail telling me about all the free upgrades and s***. I want the better price now.”

Me: “That sounds great! Can I ask, did they run your credit score yesterday?”

Caller: “Nuh uh.”

Me: “Not a problem. So I can land you the best offer, let’s knock that out real fast.”

Caller: “I already gave all this information! Why the h*** do I have to give it again?”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I thought you hadn’t run a credit check prior to our conversation.”

Caller: “Yes, I have! I just told you that! OPEN YOUR EARS!”

Me: “My mistake. When was the score checked?”

(I know when it was checked: yesterday, by me.)

Caller: “Jesus F****** Christ! I want a manager on the phone!”

Me: “Ma’am, a manager will tell you the same thing. I’m only trying to make sure we get you the best possible deal.”

Caller: “Fine…” *provides information*

Me: “Based on what you told me, this will be your price.”

(It’s something high because her credit is awful.)

Caller: “That’s the same price as yesterday! This is false advertisement! I’m going to sue!”

Me: “Ma’am, on the bottom left of your advertisement, you’ll see that all prices are based off a credit score.”

Caller: “That doesn’t matter! The flyer says I get a free upgrade and a better DVR!”

Me: “Upgraded from what exactly, ma’am?”

Caller: “From what you’re giving me today! That’s why I called! Now give me the f****** deal!”

(Dumbfounded, I figure I might as well argue insanity with insanity.)

Me: “I’m a big fan of green jello.”

Caller: “WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I WANT A MANAGER!”

Me: “Yes, ma’am. Please hold.”

(I explain everything to our team lead and he gets on the phone.)

Team Lead: “Hi, ma’am. This is [Name]. How can I be of service?”

Caller: “You need to get your people in order. They don’t know s***!”

Team Lead: “Ma’am, are you saying you dislike green jello? Because we just won’t tolerate that.”

Caller: “WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT!?”

Team Lead: “An advertisement in the mail doesn’t change your credit score. That’s what my team member was telling you but you continued to act like a child. Do not call our department again unless you’re willing to be more polite to my team.”

Caller: “Y’all are trying to play me! I’m getting my momma. She’ll straighten you out!”

Team Lead: “I bet, considering the great job she did with you.”

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Khazar-khum posted:

I love these ones that read perfectly believably (but with added ****) right up until the clear and obvious point where the author swaps out for the fantasy conversation they had in their head on the bus home.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

One call centre I worked at had a serial masturbator who'd call up every so often. Thing was, if he got a woman on the line, he'd hang up.

Man you reminded me about a caller that was famous at the callcenter for T-Mobile where my ex worked, also in the UK. They used to get a foot fetishist guy who would hang up on men and if it was a woman the caller would start asking her about what shoes she was wearing. They knew it was him every time because the customer's profile loaded when the system detected the mobile number they were calling from, and the customer notes said THIS IS THE FOOT FETISHIST. Most of the women would hang up but some led him on a little for laughs.

haplesscardsharp
Sep 6, 2012

Keep On Truckin'

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

One call centre I worked at had a serial masturbator who'd call up every so often. Thing was, if he got a woman on the line, he'd hang up.

Maybe he was gay.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

moerketid posted:

Man you reminded me about a caller that was famous at the callcenter for T-Mobile where my ex worked, also in the UK. They used to get a foot fetishist guy who would hang up on men and if it was a woman the caller would start asking her about what shoes she was wearing. They knew it was him every time because the customer's profile loaded when the system detected the mobile number they were calling from, and the customer notes said THIS IS THE FOOT FETISHIST. Most of the women would hang up but some led him on a little for laughs.

I heard of suicide hotlines having issues with serial obscene callers too. It's really sick.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
How hosed up do you have to be to call a suicide hotline and creep them out?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

karl fungus posted:

How hosed up do you have to be to call a suicide hotline and creep them out?

Pretty crafty because suicide hotline operators can't (shouldn't?) hang up on callers.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Suicide Hotlines: For the crafty phone masturbator.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Clochette posted:

I heard of suicide hotlines having issues with serial obscene callers too. It's really sick.

I can verify. My sister-in-law volunteered at a hotline when she was in college and there were a few frequent flyer masturbaters.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
It must be a very strange experience to volunteer at a suicide hotline and expect to hear someone asking you for help on the other end, only to hear grunting. :cry:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
This cropped up on my Facebook today.

quote:

I cant even in words say what I just found out.. I am SHOCKED and want to tell and let my friends and family be made aware so they can make sure their children are safe!!! Angelica stayed home from school today and thank GOD she did. Because she was on her ipod playing a game called talking angela, which is similar to talking tom, anyway as she is sitting next to me this interactive cat says to her hi angelica where is your brother? She says o hes right here next to me the cat says o cool, then the cat says so what do you do for fun? Ang says I dont know, (now im being quiet and listening because I think its weird this angela cat knows she has a brother and is talking to her like a person) then its voice changes and in some weird robotic voice it says angelica when u date what do u do on your dates? She looked at me got red in the face and said nothing, then it said stick out your touunge, ill stick mine out too, it said what are some things u can do with your tounge? I can find many things to do with my tounge it said it said lets intrract w our toungues. I that point I had heard enough I zaid ang shut it off now! I was freaked out called the police departnrnt they came to the house saif they would have the internet investigations unit andpedofile investigations unit look into it, they called me an hour latet and said something is behind that cat!!! They dont know if it is local or over seas. While the police officer was there and ang was talking to him she told the police officer saturday night her cousin and her were on the app w angela and it asked the girls their names what her brothers name was what school they BOTH went to, and it took a picture of angelica!!! This is under serious investigation right now! When I googled talking angela I cant even begin to tell you what creepy stuff came up! Google it for yourselves please!! But some things are the cat asking girls for their phone numbers! And if theyve had their firat kiss!!! Take this app off your phone please! Theres a big chance thid cpuld be a door for pedofiles.the police said they have seen thing *like* this but never actually through a childs app but that they are not putting it past them! The girls told angela the cat on saturday their names and she had a brother and then on monday morning when angelica turned the app back on, It remebered her name and that she had a brother!!! These things ARENT supposed to ask you questions!!! and especially not questions about dating toungues or kissing!! I am disgusted! I dont feel safe at all right now! Knowing that there was some creep talking to my daughter and my neice through a talking app!!! Please if you have this app or any like it the police are saying take it off of your phone!!! Copy and share and send out PLEASE! This word needs to spread! I pray the ocean county investigators can crack this thing open!!!!!
So please if your KIDS use this app please shut it down. Because SOME KIDS told them the name of the school they went to and is now on red alert at the school, and please PASS this on to ALL your friends.

Did not know Scottish police had an "internet investigations unit andpedofile investigations unit"

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

quote:

"then its voice changes and in some weird robotic voice it says angelica when u date what do u do on your dates?"

And then hyperrealistic blood started spewing out of the phone.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Khazar-khum posted:

If anything this business should expect abuse for following lovely practices like different cable rates for people with lovely credit scores, but that's :911: for ya.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

VoxIsMyCowboy posted:

internet investigations unit andpedofile investigations unit

The weirdest loving thing is when they tell you to Google whatever they're talking about and the results are inevitably random articles talking about the social media scare being completely unfounded, or completely neglect to bring it up because it's not a thing. Does Google personalize results for paranoid conspiracy nuts?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

dijon du jour posted:

And then hyperrealistic blood started spewing out of the phone.

Send this to 25 ppl or the pedofile's ghoast will kill u tonite if u look in a mirror 3 times when u wake up at midnite
Send to 50 ppl and ur crush will fall in love w/u

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

That reads like something FYAD would produce.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Pretty sure that paedophile game is real, it's almost as dangerous as Pantu the Dog was!

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Feb 14, 2014

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

EmmyOk posted:

Pretty sure that paedophile game is real, it's almost as Pantu the Dog was!

Those poor kids, interfered with by a penis-shaped sound wave.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

I have no problem believing this. Oh wait, Literature class? Reading Natutu?

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
This has been circulating around facebook like crazy and as soon as I read it I thought of this thread. Googled it and, what do you know, it's fake.

quote:

Justin Bieber simply can’t seem to keep himself out of trouble. Police were dispatched this morning to respond to an altercation at a Starbucks in West Hollywood involving some familiar faces. A barista at the coffee house was apparently confronted by Bieber when he refused to serve the pop star because he wasn’t wearing a shirt. “He came in with no shirt on and his pants hanging down and underwear showing and tried to order a caramel apple machiatto.”, said Joey Goldsmith, the Starbucks barista, “I just told him he would have to put a shirt on if he wanted to order.” That’s when Bieber snapped. According to the police report Bieber started cussing at the barista and threatening to have his bodyguard, “kick his rear end”.

Fortunately for Goldsmith, LA Clippers star Blake Griffin had been enjoying a drink at a table when he witnessed the altercation and stepped in. Witnesses at the scene reported that Griffin tried to calm Bieber but the Biebs wasn’t having any of it. There was more yelling, and some pushing and that’s when Griffin smacked Bieber, knocking him to the floor. “He smacked the poo poo out of him” said one witness, “then I saw Justin stumble out of the door looking like he was crying.” Bieber was gone before police arrived at the scene.

It just hits too many notes to be real. Justin Bieber actually going into a starbucks to order for himself, and then ordering a super girly drink (what a :gay:), the barista refusing to serve a celebrity because they aren't wearing a shirt (what a thug!) and making their lives a thousand times harder instead of just doing it because who loving cares, Justin threatening to have his bodyguard beat the guy up (what a wimp!), a big basketball celebrity just happening to be in the same starbucks... and the stdh classic, Justin fleeing the scene in tears.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

karl fungus posted:

It must be a very strange experience to volunteer at a suicide hotline and expect to hear someone asking you for help on the other end, only to hear grunting. :cry:

Well, at least it's not someone about to kill themselves.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

The Devil Tesla posted:

Well, at least it's not someone about to kill themselves.

Yeah, maybe it's, in light of the circumstances, a pleasant surprise.

I mean, some of the times.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Double Plus Good posted:

This has been circulating around facebook like crazy and as soon as I read it I thought of this thread. Googled it and, what do you know, it's fake.

It just hits too many notes to be real. Justin Bieber actually going into a starbucks to order for himself, and then ordering a super girly drink (what a :gay:), the barista refusing to serve a celebrity because they aren't wearing a shirt (what a thug!) and making their lives a thousand times harder instead of just doing it because who loving cares, Justin threatening to have his bodyguard beat the guy up (what a wimp!), a big basketball celebrity just happening to be in the same starbucks... and the stdh classic, Justin fleeing the scene in tears.

Dudes been a total mess lately so I think that's why people are buying it.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Bill Simmons calls it the Tyson Zone, that special point in a celebrity meltdown where you'd believe any story you heard about the person without question. Lindsey Lohan had to be tazed by an air marshal after refusing to stop snorting cocaine/ketamine speedballs off a first-class tray table? Sure, why not?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
My favorite thing about people on my facebook resharing dumb stuff about Justin Bieber is that I have an easy shorthand to know who all the idiots on my newsfeed are. Sure, you got the conspiracy stuff and the right wingers posting about ARE GUNS, but when people are passing along idiotic stuff about JBeebs I know that they're are dumb as loving bricks.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

DrNutt posted:

My favorite thing about people on my facebook resharing dumb stuff about Justin Bieber is that I have an easy shorthand to know who all the idiots on my newsfeed are. Sure, you got the conspiracy stuff and the right wingers posting about ARE GUNS, but when people are passing along idiotic stuff about JBeebs I know that they're are dumb as loving bricks.

My favorite is the posting, by grown and real adults, about how much they either don't care about Justin Bieber, don't understand why people talk/post about him, or think he gets too much attention and is stupid. :ironicat: Like, I never see any pro-Bieber posts, so it's kind of hilarious, like only hearing one half of a phone conversation. "WHY WON'T PEOPLE STOP TALKING ABOUT JUSTIN BIEBER??"

I know this is true of every celebrity ever, but like, do they really not get it? Or do they get it, but think their opinion on Bieber is so important it must be posted anyway?

(Never mind, I know the answer to that one)

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

DrNutt posted:

If anything this business should expect abuse for following lovely practices like different cable rates for people with lovely credit scores, but that's :911: for ya.

Why? They're leasing their equipment to someone who has a bad record for paying for things, and who may have charge-offs or other nasties hiding in the report. They don't want to have to retrieve their stuff after the customer gets thrown out of her apartment for not paying rent and maybe tries to take it with her. It's no different from being charged different rates when you buy other things with credit. It sucks that poo poo stays on your record for 7 years, though, especially with the all the BKs and foreclosures that have happened the last few years; it should be a max of 3 years.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's probably not easy as well as dangerous to do while driving.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Khazar-khum posted:

Why? They're leasing their equipment to someone who has a bad record for paying for things, and who may have charge-offs or other nasties hiding in the report. They don't want to have to retrieve their stuff after the customer gets thrown out of her apartment for not paying rent and maybe tries to take it with her. It's no different from being charged different rates when you buy other things with credit. It sucks that poo poo stays on your record for 7 years, though, especially with the all the BKs and foreclosures that have happened the last few years; it should be a max of 3 years.

Well, my local provider (thank God for local competition) straight up sells you the equipment, so there's no bullshit lease involved. There's no different rates based on credit scores, but you can get a better rate if you pay for a year's service up front. These are much better alternatives to loving people with worse credit over and making them pay more, which is probably going to be harder for them to do.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all

karl fungus posted:

Why are these screencaps always spread around with at least one person replying "this is beautiful" or "holy poo poo" or whatever. Do they feel it makes the story seem more real if someone reacts to it?

I have a roommate who narrates her thoughts on every shot like this whenever we watch movies together.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

duralict posted:

I have a roommate who narrates her thoughts on every shot like this whenever we watch movies together.

Did you say Movies?

quote:

Parental Misguidance, Part 2
Movie Theater | WA, USA | Family & Kids, Movies & TV

(I am working at the ticket counter. One of the movies playing is a PG-13 war movie. A customer walks in with two young girls and an infant in her arms.)

Customer: “We want three tickets for [movie].”

Me: “Okay. You are aware that this is a PG-13 movie, correct? It will be somewhat loud and scary for young children.”

Customer: “You have no right to tell me how to raise my children! I am working very hard to raise them, and I don’t need criticism from someone like you, who never even graduated from school!”

(I had.)

Me: “Okay. I’m sorry. Here are your tickets.”

(She storms off in a huff. Fifteen minutes after the movie has started, she comes barreling out of the theater, all three of her children sobbing. My manager steps forward to ask if she is okay, but the woman brushes past her and out of the building.)

Related:
Parental Misguidance

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Try to spot all the STDH! (This is all from one guy)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Geektox posted:

I think it's easier just to highlight the STH.
- He lost 4 buttcoins from signing up with a dodgy (i.e., any) online wallet "service"
- He wears a fedora to work

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

I felt nauseated just reading the text "brown and yellow plaid...fedora". :stare:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Geektox posted:

"I want a car that will let people know I am a terrible person with terrible taste before I even speak, can someone help me with that?"

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

I can verify. My sister-in-law volunteered at a hotline when she was in college and there were a few frequent flyer masturbaters.

I'm curious, what do these guys say when they call up? Do they straight up start talking dirty or do they lead into it with a sad story first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Clochette posted:

I'm curious, what do these guys say when they call up? Do they straight up start talking dirty or do they lead into it with a sad story first?

Sometimes they lead in with the sad story, more often they get off on someone just talking to them. :catstare:

• Locked thread