Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

How dare you change my words.

I will not rest until there's no more curling in this world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
And I will not rest until curling is mandatory. BRB gonna go start up the Curling Nazi party.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Konjuro posted:

And I will not rest until curling is mandatory. BRB gonna go start up the Curling Nazi party.

We'll have serious looking uniform jackets with high collars paired with dazzle camouflage pants.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Curling is just as bad as anime right now. Do you people supporting curling really want to be associated with anime?

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
New footage of the Olympic village from elite Russian security forces.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

Curling is just as bad as anime right now. Do you people supporting curling really want to be associated with anime?

The second result in google for 'curling anime' is a hentai game about a high school curling club :wtc:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Fuckin lol

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Konjuro posted:

Will the Curling Nazis invade Norway like the regular Nazis did?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

mirthdefect posted:

Oh god. Combine all the recent posts together and you get a curling version of Hetalia which.... umm... I'm going to stop that train of thought right now.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

mirthdefect posted:

If they will not give us the secrets of their pants willingly, I will take them forcibly.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Konjuro posted:

If they will not give us the secrets of their pants willingly, I will take them forcibly.

Pretty sure that's rape, hombre.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW
If they didn't want to be raped they wouldn't wear those pants.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Pretty much lolling at all the cross country skiiers in shorts and short sleeved shirts. Also Australian coverage of these games is just awful, as all Australian coverage of international sports events is.

gregday
May 23, 2003

http://deidealewereld.vier.be/vladibird/

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

kissekatt
Apr 20, 2005

I have tasted the fruit.

T.Worth posted:

If they didn't want to be raped they wouldn't wear those pants.
:drat:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
drat, one of the downhillers didn't want to give up. After missing one of those pylon things, he actually skittered back up the hill, falling down once in the process, and then rerounding the pylon to finish out his run.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Konjuro posted:

The second result in google for 'curling anime' is a hentai game about a high school curling club :wtc:

YES!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Blackhawk posted:

Pretty much lolling at all the cross country skiiers in shorts and short sleeved shirts. Also Australian coverage of these games is just awful, as all Australian coverage of international sports events is.

FYI it's colder here in Florida than in Sochi

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice

Blackhawk posted:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

mirthdefect posted:

Norway's pants status: still awesome.

Why do all the Scandinavian curling uniforms look like something a suburban '50s dad would wear?

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

raditts posted:

Why do all the Scandinavian curling uniforms look like something a suburban '50s dad would wear?

I'm pretty sure the answer is 'hold my beer and watch this shot, son!'

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

I don't know if anyone is watching the figure skating right now but that boy is wearing the gayest sparkly mom jeans I've ever seen on a male.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/14/5410832/under-armour-speedskating-suit-criticism-olympics-2014

US speedskaters blame fancy suits for lovely performance

Basically, Under Armor thought they'd be super high tech and badass by working with Lockheed-Martin on suits for the US speedskating team, adding a vent in the back for cooling or something.

Except the Dutch, noted speedskating powerhouse, already tried a similar design and found that it was garbage and actually slowing skaters down.

Something something F-35 and Sochi weather being in the 60s.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

A Pale Horse posted:

I don't know if anyone is watching the figure skating right now but that boy is wearing the gayest sparkly mom jeans I've ever seen on a male.

I had a laugh when I saw that The Phillipines were in first place, then I noticed that only 4 skaters had performed thus far

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

neckbeard posted:

I had a laugh when I saw that The Phillipines were in first place, then I noticed that only 4 skaters had performed thus far

Yeah, they let all the guys without a realistic shot at medals go first and save the best for last. The Japanese kid I saw yesterday is loving amazing and he's probably going to win it.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Agggg no the Romanian fell on his rear end

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Thora posted:

Not the Olympics per se but the Today show is in Sochi and I swear I just heard the phrase "recreational spanking" during the "Relaxing in Russia" segment.

Video here, FWIW:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4RbqppHSXw

Would have posted this earlier but had to watch some other Youtube spanking videos that caught my fancy.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

oh for the days of Katarina Witt :swoon:

I'm amazed she could skate at all with all the extra.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

raditts posted:

Because they really want to make curling the golf of winter games.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nenonen posted:

Because they really want to make curling the golf of winter games.

T.Worth
Aug 31, 2012

by XyloJW

Darth123123 posted:

I'm amazed she could skate at all with all the extra.

Extra?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

WebDog posted:

Sochi is making the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi look fantastically organized by comparison. Just they're missing out on sacred monkeys you can't kill and have to bring in bigger monkeys to chase off.

Number 1 top idea you give us, comrade! Make big hairy gay man wear dogskin. Big dog chase smaller dogs away! And if smaller dogs eat big dog, no problem too!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Not mine by any means, but Olympic Catteing.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

extra clavicle

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

old man jagr needs it

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
Please tell me that someone has a video or gif of the ice cleaning guy falling twice during the Sweden vs Switzerland hockey game. I can't find any.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Vertical Lime posted:

old man jagr needs it

Yeah buddy! Yeah buddy!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vertical Lime posted:

old man jagr needs it

Love the manager. "No, you are doing it wrong! Let me show you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
Good curling match between China and Norway on right now. 5-4 China and China has the hammer in the 8th.

• Locked thread