Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Coleman posted:

Let the record show that this never happened.

Sorry but that poo poo was totally pro :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

old dog child posted:

Sorry but that poo poo was totally pro :munch:

Was the other team on an eco round? This is important.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

teagone posted:

Was the other team on an eco round? This is important.

Nah

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Can anyone confirm this is correct, I'm not at home and I can't test it in game

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

a slime posted:

Can anyone confirm this is correct, I'm not at home and I can't test it in game

Seems about right.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Are 5 bullets enough to kill through chest armour ? That initial burst seems to be quite precise.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Today I dreamt about the CZ75A. Literal dreams of dust2. What's wrong with me.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

kalstrams posted:

Are 5 bullets enough to kill through chest armour ? That initial burst seems to be quite precise.

The new gun has the exact same stats/properties as the p250 aside from the whole fully automatic part. So yeah, I would say so.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

The new gun has the exact same stats/properties as the p250 aside from the whole fully automatic part. So yeah, I would say so.

:drat: Time to get some deathmatch treatment. Maybe even a Buttman, as I supposedly have nothing scheduled for tomorrow's morning.

Edit: Operation Bravo has disappeared? :psyduck:

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Feb 14, 2014

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

kalstrams posted:

Edit: Operation Bravo has disappeared? :psyduck:

It's over, man. Overpass and Cobblestone are comp maps now though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Theresa Frontpage posted:

It's over, man. Overpass and Cobblestone are comp maps now though.

Now that is interesting. Is there a new operation incoming, or nothing known so far?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
There undoubtedly will be a new Operation before too long. I hope we get that cuban city map, Havana. There's a lack of dark/night maps in GO

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

New gun is quite cool. Killing people on A from pit is tricky, but in close quarters it is blazing hot.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Exact same damage stats/properties, but the recoil, accuracy, and max fire rates are different.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
Anybody else doing this every day: "Oh yeah, you can roll grenades now, I should do that next game!" *Completely forgets about it for the rest of the day*

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Me, I do that. I still haven't thrown a grenade using the new thing.

PelvicThrust
Oct 22, 2009

And one for the doctor

Anybody else doing this every day: "Oh yeah, you can roll grenades now, I should do that next game!" *Completely forgets about it for the rest of the day*

Eh, honestly I found it not to be too important since the lobs aren't really thrown that fast. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some amazing uses for it in the right spots. If you want to try to pop flash with a lob over a wall or something, you still have to position yourself correctly, get the aim right, etc. Sometimes this might not be good because you will be vulnerable without a gun for a long time depending on the spot. If you can still hit normal flashes/smokes well I wouldn't say it's a big deal. One of the coolest uses I've seen for it, though, is doing the "mid" strength throw using both m1 and m2 and lobbing them up onto the roofs on inferno. Really good pop flash potential.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
I've only remembered to do it once, rolled a flash outside on nuke and flashed myself. :downs:

The roll has basically no range. Hopefully next time I'll remember you can Lmouse+Rmouse and see how far that goes.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The rolling is rarely useful but it has it's moments. What *really* helps is the middle throw. That thing is perfect

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

I've only remembered to do it once, rolled a flash outside on nuke and flashed myself. :downs:

The roll has basically no range. Hopefully next time I'll remember you can Lmouse+Rmouse and see how far that goes.

Get a running start and aim up a bit. I get such a :smug: on my face when it goes off the instant it's around the corner.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
I mistakenly started running backwards while using the roll with an HE grenade. Clipped some random corner behind me and the nade exploded in my face. I've mostly found the roll useful for dropping smokes straight down or flashing someone around a corner.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

RadioPassive posted:

Exact same damage stats/properties, but the recoil, accuracy, and max fire rates are different.

That's exactly what i meant and does not change the answer to the question.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
You can always drop a decoy at your feet next to a corner and camp it. Or crouch on top of it and fire a silenced weapon. :getin:

disclaimer: I am using this against silvers, as I am a silver

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

DeusExMachinima posted:

You can always drop a decoy at your feet next to a corner and camp it. Or crouch on top of it and fire a silenced weapon. :getin:

And take damage when it explodes directly up your rear end in a top hat

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Geschwafel posted:

I mistakenly started running backwards while using the roll with an HE grenade. Clipped some random corner behind me and the nade exploded in my face. I've mostly found the roll useful for dropping smokes straight down or flashing someone around a corner.

The roll has really helped on Nuke for me. Best use: Roll a flashbang out of smoke before pushing ramp. Works every time.

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013

DeusExMachinima posted:

As a fellow Silver that's about the only valid use I've seen for decoys so far. Most people just spam them randomly at spawn which I just don't understand :psyduck:

Edit to contribute to the wider discussion: The only time I find rolls useful is dropping a flash at my feet and rushing over it to kill all the (more)blind people. Works at least 6/10 times.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
right click nade toss is good if you jump and look way up in the air and toss it over a box or whatever. makes for a great pop flash

SaucyLoggins
Jan 4, 2012

Panstallions For Life

PelvicThrust posted:

Eh, honestly I found it not to be too important since the lobs aren't really thrown that fast. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some amazing uses for it in the right spots. If you want to try to pop flash with a lob over a wall or something, you still have to position yourself correctly, get the aim right, etc. Sometimes this might not be good because you will be vulnerable without a gun for a long time depending on the spot. If you can still hit normal flashes/smokes well I wouldn't say it's a big deal. One of the coolest uses I've seen for it, though, is doing the "mid" strength throw using both m1 and m2 and lobbing them up onto the roofs on inferno. Really good pop flash potential.

I'm no grenade expert but on Nuke that doorway where the Ts exit out of into the ramp room, I've had good luck with a short throw grenade into the door. It will flash any Ts attempting to rush and then you can mop up with a P90.

Graceful Flop
Feb 1, 2014

Dive in.
I can confirm the new pistol is hilariously effective. Lose the pistol round? No prob, buy the CZ, camp a door, and liberate some poor shmuck's rifle. :getin:

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Graceful Flop posted:

I can confirm the new pistol is hilariously effective. Lose the pistol round? No prob, buy the CZ, camp a door, and liberate some poor shmuck's rifle. :getin:

Here's hoping for metagame, time for teams that win pistol round to only buy SMGs and shotguns so that in case you steal our guns you get guns worthless against armor anyway.

Revenge of the Mac 10!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Twerk from Home posted:

Here's hoping for metagame, time for teams that win pistol round to only buy SMGs and shotguns so that in case you steal our guns you get guns worthless against armor anyway.

Revenge of the Mac 10!

Buying a rifle second round is just asking for it to be taken away. Wonder why people do it! So much risk so early in the game after a pistol win.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
I wonder what's more rare, Beretta 93Rs or CZ75As?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Xenaero posted:

Buying a rifle second round is just asking for it to be taken away. Wonder why people do it! So much risk so early in the game after a pistol win.

Because you shouldn't lose it if you play it right :v:

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Xenaero posted:

Pros buy rifles second round to counter p250 + armor buys from the losing team. Buying SMGs is basically asking to lose your pistol win advantage.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Bashez posted:

Pros buy rifles second round to counter p250 + armor buys from the losing team. Buying SMGs is basically asking to lose your pistol win advantage.

Yeah but most players are pretty far from the accuracy and game sense of pros with pistols, so a p250+armor buy after losing pistol round is still going to get mopped up by SMGs+armor+nades at most levels of the game, and then you're money-hosed for yet another round.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Barehanded Brother posted:

Yeah but most players are pretty far from the accuracy and game sense of pros with pistols, so a p250+armor buy after losing pistol round is still going to get mopped up by SMGs+armor+nades at most levels of the game, and then you're money-hosed for yet another round.

Wrong? Even a failed CT p250 armour buy after a pistol loss will have you buying on round 4 regardless.

There is no downside to doing it after a pistol loss on CT. You'll hurt the Ts economy while keeping yours completely intact and maybe even winning the round.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
If being a CSGO scrub for the entire duration of my time playing has taught me anything it's that trying to play like a pro in MM with a bunch of people on your team who buy every single round and don't use mic and play with sound off is just a great way to waste money and get owned every round because your teammates provide about as much cover/resistance/spotting help as a thin layer of warm butter. Strategy just doesn't work when you're both with and against other scrubs who are even scrubbier than you are. If you're good at actually shooting heads then playing aggressive and risky I find will win you more rounds than playing pro and cautiously, cause all that'll get you in a scrublord match is a lot of awful situations where you're guarding your site/not blindly rushing into rifle fire at a heavily guarded site and your team dies and you have to fight 1v4 or 1v5.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Don't solo queue don't matchmake.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Speaking of matchmaking, do the "penalties" mentioned if you drop out of a comp match consist exclusively of the 30-minute cooldown, or is there anything else? Like a long-term naughty list of unreliable comp players who get matched with each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iriquois
Jun 6, 2013

If being a CSGO scrub for the entire duration of my time playing has taught me anything it's that trying to play like a pro in MM with a bunch of people on your team who buy every single round and don't use mic and play with sound off is just a great way to waste money and get owned every round because your teammates provide about as much cover/resistance/spotting help as a thin layer of warm butter. Strategy just doesn't work when you're both with and against other scrubs who are even scrubbier than you are. If you're good at actually shooting heads then playing aggressive and risky I find will win you more rounds than playing pro and cautiously, cause all that'll get you in a scrublord match is a lot of awful situations where you're guarding your site/not blindly rushing into rifle fire at a heavily guarded site and your team dies and you have to fight 1v4 or 1v5.

I am categorically terrible at this game, but I try to improve by practicing and by communicating. But holy god drat do i hate loving pubbies in this game. A standard MM match will have more than a couple of rounds of me telling people to go for one objective only for the bomb carrier to go the other way and die, a couple of rounds of the bomb carrier being afk, and teammates emptying their wallets every round. :cripes:

It takes a good portion of effort to refrain from raging on comms.

E: my typing is poo poo

• Locked thread