Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Thora posted:

Why do you ladies with Curl Privilege insist on trying to tame your gorgeous hair? It makes me sad as I am a straighthair.

I just do my bangs, usually it takes me two minutes. I really don't know what happened this time, but it's bad. My hairdresser is going to be so mad at me :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

poopkitty posted:

Ooh, Nessa, yes. This. Have fun, girl! I didn't have sex until I was 18 and that was once. Tried a few and got married at 19. We grew up together, experimenting.

Dialogue for gay romance movie; "Have you ever slept with a man?" "I experimented in college, but it never went anywhere" "Those results are useless if you can't reproduce them..."

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 4, 2014

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

boom boom boom posted:

Dialogue for gay romance movie; "Have you ever slept with a man?" "I experimented in college, but it never went anywhere" "Those results are useless if you can't reproduce them..."

I think a romantic comedy where the running joke is just two horribly awkward, stilted scientists or something would be pretty funny tbh

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 16, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Fisticuffs posted:

I think a romantic comedy where the running joke is just two horribly awkward, stilted scientists or something would be pretty funny tbh

Happy Valentine's day I bought you an aquarium bye.

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Fisticuffs posted:

Not sure anyone wants to pay money to see GBS: The Documentary

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
False. I watched the Bronies documentary hoping to see Bronies made fun of for two hours. Unfortunately the weirdest superfans didn't make the flic but the point stands - unsympathetic narrators can make for great stories too.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Fisticuffs posted:

Wasn't that Love Potion #9 with Sandra Bullock?

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
ditch the boyfriend and get a vibrator. happy valentine's day

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I am a modern lady I can have both.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Reminded me of those times some people try to mock people that jerk it by smugly saying "Well I've got a girlfriend/boyfriend." They're hardly related!

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

amarantinesky posted:

Umm don't you know that sexual or romantic partners exist solely to cater to your desire for sex whenever you want it?

I mean if I'm feeling like I want sex I just drive to where my partner is and order him to get me off. That's a true relationship!

you've almost got it right: you should make him come to you

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fisticuffs posted:

wasn't there a film with Walter Matthau playing Einstein that was pretty much this?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I went out in the snow and pet dogs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
what's the best color to wear with my valentine's day noose?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Matching wrist ropes.

I'm kidding don't do anything rash I asked the entire ladythread to be my valentine earlier today and that includes you :)

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

what's the best color to wear with my valentine's day noose?

hey it could be worse

you could be sick and in belgium

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Thora posted:

Matching wrist ropes.

I'm kidding don't do anything rash I asked the entire ladythread to be my valentine earlier today and that includes you :)

I'm at a chocolate store now

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I got iced tea

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
They sell tea, and chocolate

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
what a good store

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

They sell tea, and chocolate

I bought Adagio tea thanks to this thread

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Not a trusty.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

Pookah posted:

Not a trusty.

you really know the way to aartek's heart

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trusty_system_%28prison%29

The "trusty system" (sometimes homophonically though perhaps incorrectly called "trustee system") was a strict system of discipline and security in the United States made compulsory under Mississippi state law (but also used in other states, such as Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana and Texas) as the method of controlling and working inmates at Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman, Mississippi's only prison. It was designed to replace convict leasing. Under this system, designated inmates were used by staff to control and administer physical punishment to other inmates according to a strict prison-determined inmate hierarchy of power.[1] The case of Gates v. Collier (Gates v. Collier Prison Reform Case, 1970–1971) ended the flagrant abuse of inmates under the trusty system and other prison abuses which had continued essentially unchanged since the building of the prison in 1903 in Mississippi. Other states using the trusty system were also forced to give it up under this ruling.[2]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
more generally it's a prisoner who gets special privileges and some degree of authority over other prisoners because the wardens consider them reliable

being called a trusty is often similar in implication to a "stool pigeon"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

amarantinesky posted:

What's a trusty?

Creepiest depiction of cupid I've seen, good work.
Here is an explanation - essentially a trusty was a prisoner picked out by the guards to control and physically punish other prisoners. Whoever made this card thought it necessary to reassure the recipients that the imaginary childlike "prisoner of love" illustrated wasn't viciously beating their fellow prisoners.

Very thoughtful of them.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

tomorrow...

tomorrow I can get chocolate for cheap

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

Happy Valentine's day I bought you an aquarium bye.

don't plagiarize my life t:mad:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Corn Thongs posted:

tomorrow...

saturday is grocery day for me to it's perfect timing :getin:

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Thora posted:

The "trusty system" (sometimes homophonically though perhaps incorrectly called "trustee system") was a strict system of discipline and security in the United States made compulsory under Mississippi state law (but also used in other states, such as Arkansas, Alabama, Louisiana and Texas) as the method of controlling and working inmates at Mississippi State Penitentiary at Parchman, Mississippi's only prison. It was designed to replace convict leasing. Under this system, designated inmates were used by staff to control and administer physical punishment to other inmates according to a strict prison-determined inmate hierarchy of power.[1] The case of Gates v. Collier (Gates v. Collier Prison Reform Case, 1970–1971) ended the flagrant abuse of inmates under the trusty system and other prison abuses which had continued essentially unchanged since the building of the prison in 1903 in Mississippi. Other states using the trusty system were also forced to give it up under this ruling.[2]

See: all the variations of the song "Parchment Farm". Son House did one and was actually there, Mose Allison, John Mayall, Johnny Winter, Jeff Buckley, etc.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

happy valentine's here is tom hiddleston reading a raunchy poem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv-HIedmktE

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I may or may not have far too much of this chocolate stashed away:

It is weirdly delicious and I will be pretty damned annoyed if they discontinue it.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

I bought Adagio tea thanks to this thread

Same. Also, while my sweetheart is in Missouri, I have been given a box of See's candy, so this is an a-okay Valentine's Day.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I wonder if the pro-lifers will have their giant billboards of photoshopped mutilated fetuses and baby corpses up this year, like they did last valentine's day on my college's campus

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Thora posted:

ladythread is so educational

Corn Thongs posted:

tomorrow...

I just ordered a £23 box of fancy chocolates for £7 :D and other Brits can too using https://www.chocs.co.uk/CHOCOLATE DO IT NOW
edit: also you get a free tube of cocoa butter moisturiser so that's kinda neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Susan B. Antimony posted:

Same. Also, while my sweetheart is in Missouri, I have been given a box of See's candy, so this is an a-okay Valentine's Day.

Chai, chocolate chai, and Thai chai. Yourself?

Sample size plus a $5 off coupon = I bought them for a dollar plus shipping. You can do it yourself, just google Adagio coupon

• Locked thread